*** Carbon Airbox for 63 Cars ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
*** Carbon Airbox for 63 Cars ***

We are happy to introduce a new product that will be available shortly. It is currently in production and will be here in 4-5weeks.

- Increase of 18-21hp and 14-18lb/ft
- Plenum volume has increased substantially which accounts for the power increase
- MAF sensors and everything else work perfect.. No CEL.. There are built-in air straighteners inside the airboxes which ensure proper airflow to the MAF sensors..

The package includes: CF High flow airboxes, CF Engine Cover, high performance air filters.

VRP Introductory price: $1850 + shipping.

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT CARBON OVERLAYS!!!! These are NEW airboxes that replace the stock factory ones. Same quality and finish as the 55 version.

To Order, Please CLICK HERE

Last edited by vrus; 05-14-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
I know what I am getting for Christmas!

These look very nice.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Victor, how about the tubes?

And do you think we can replace those two silver clips to Carbon Fiber ones as well?
Old 05-16-2008, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 cls 63 030
I went to order it at your website but the only payment option I can select is Paypal. Is there any way of being able to use a credit card?
Old 05-17-2008, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by joemoney415
I went to order it at your website but the only payment option I can select is Paypal. Is there any way of being able to use a credit card?

Not sure why you had a problem. I just paid using my credit card. Cant wait to get it !!!!

Vrus please keep me updated!
Old 05-17-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by joemoney415
You can pay through paypal with any credit card.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Guys... Anyone that wants these, please make sure you get your order in because once they are sold out the second run will take a few months.

The electronic catalogue has been acting up a bit so I apologize if you are having trouble checking out.. please email me if this is the case.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Engine covers are here..

Airboxes will be landing next week... We are almost ready to ship these badboys out!!!!

We have some pieces still available in inventory.. If you haven't ordered yours, don't wait too long or they will be gone.. Once the initial run is used up, it will be 3months before the next batch is ready.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by vrus
Engine covers are here..

Airboxes will be landing next week... We are almost ready to ship these badboys out!!!!

We have some pieces still available in inventory.. If you haven't ordered yours, don't wait too long or they will be gone.. Once the initial run is used up, it will be 3months before the next batch is ready.
GREAT! I expect the package to be waiting on my front porch for me when I return home from Canada on the 28th....I can't wait!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 PM

08 CLS63
Engine covers are here..

Do you guys have any dyno graphs for the boxes?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Cant wait!!! Hope that 2 day express I paid for is worth it!!!
Looks like these are going to be hot products if you guys are almost out of the first run of them!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
So are they ready for sale ? Any updates on hp gains? Tubes? We need The TUBES..
Old 06-20-2008, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
I dont think they have any tubes available yet. i think I heard they were talking about doing it...we shall see.
These boxes have been for sale for over a month. As Vrus says these are almost sold out for the current of the ones they ordered/made and once gone will be 3 months before they get more. So if you want to be included in next weeks distribution of boxes I would receommend getting it while it lasts.
I cant wait to get it!!! Been paid for over a month and the time is finally almost here.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 PM

2012 SLS AMG
Performance proof please.....

I among others have been asking for proof of performance ever since these things were first introduced months ago. I am sure I am not alone in saying that we are glad to pay for something as long as it does what it is supposed to. Would like to make sure this is not simply a carbon fiber show piece (which no one will see since it is tucked under the hood). I guarantee that your orders will increase once you provide us some PROOF!!! (or 2 or 3....)
Old 06-20-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Old 06-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
The company that built the box did all the testing on it.. The numbers I posted were provided by them and were the result of 1/4mile runs with hp extrapolated from those figures.

Dyno testing an air box is futile. To see the benefits of it, you need to be at speed.

Sorry I cant give you anything more concrete.. I am sure once jrcart and few of the other guys receive them, they will be hitting the tracks looking for better times.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
The company that built the box did all the testing on it.. The numbers I posted were provided by them and were the result of 1/4mile runs with hp extrapolated from those figures.

Dyno testing an air box is futile. To see the benefits of it, you need to be at speed.

Sorry I cant give you anything more concrete.. I am sure once jrcart and few of the other guys receive them, they will be hitting the tracks looking for better times.
I will be for sure...
If not the immediate weekend after getting it or soon after!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You gotta love technology, we are cruising down the expressway at 80 mph in my motorhome on our way to Canada and I'm online...As soon as I receive my new airbox I am going to do a baseline dyno run in the cars current state of tune, then I am going to instal the new airbox and do another dyno run. As he stated alot of the gains on these airbox and intake mods do not show all their max gains on a dyno, you need to be moving get the Ram Air effect. I also have a portable device that will show my HP while driving the car, I will do this both before and after and report on the gains I see. Last but not least I will take it to the drag strip, this will be the least accurate gauge, since my baseline E/T's will not be done on the same day because I'm not gonna keep installing and re-installing this thing.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
/me is eagerly waiting for info on wether the remaining parts for these beauties arrived today to be shipped out to us peepz that bought these
Old 06-24-2008, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Any updates?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Just wanted to let you all know that the airbox should be landing tomorrow or Monday.. one of the production pieces will be installed on a car to make sure nothing went wrong during production.

If all goes well, they will go right to shipping next week.

I'll put up some more info once I have one in my hands.

As everyone who went through the E55 airbox project knows, this process takes some time and needs to be done right in order to get a great product.

Thanks to all that purchased for hanging in there and being patient.

----------------------------

Jim.. What part of Canada are you travelling in? If you are near Toronto and have some time, let me know and we can hook up for a drink.

Originally Posted by jrcart
You gotta love technology, we are cruising down the expressway at 80 mph in my motorhome on our way to Canada and I'm online...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Just wanted to let you all know that the airbox should be landing tomorrow or Monday.. one of the production pieces will be installed on a car to make sure nothing went wrong during production.

As everyone who went through the E55 airbox project knows, this process takes some time and needs to be done right in order to get a great product.

Thats great news. Sorry to hear about another delay in these getting to you up there. Hopefully they show up today so you all can test these out for fit.
I guess i am just a little concerned as i am going away from 7/7-7/15 and thought this would arrive LONG before this.
I am hoping you all can turn test and turn these items around pretty quick so I can hopefully have it this next week before I leave. Dont want shipper leaving this item in front of my door for a week!
Please keep us posted!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

----------------------------

Jim.. What part of Canada are you travelling in? If you are near Toronto and have some time, let me know and we can hook up for a drink.
I was up fishing at Red Lake, dropped the motor home west of Toronto and then flew in on one of those rusty old prop jobs that lands onthe water. I did not get this messgae until today, otherwise I would have made a detour on the way home, I was in no hurry to get home. How far are you from Shannonville? I've raced up there (on my superbike) a few times a few years back when I was racing bikes.

Are these boxes gonna ship on Monday? I have dyno time scheduled for Thursday.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
I was up fishing at Red Lake, dropped the motor home west of Toronto and then flew in on one of those rusty old prop jobs that lands onthe water. I did not get this messgae until today, otherwise I would have made a detour on the way home, I was in no hurry to get home. How far are you from Shannonville? I've raced up there (on my superbike) a few times a few years back when I was racing bikes.

Are these boxes gonna ship on Monday? I have dyno time scheduled for Thursday.
who knows...been waiting too....I hope they do!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
Thats great news. Sorry to hear about another delay in these getting to you up there. Hopefully they show up today so you all can test these out for fit.
I guess i am just a little concerned as i am going away from 7/7-7/15 and thought this would arrive LONG before this.
I am hoping you all can turn test and turn these items around pretty quick so I can hopefully have it this next week before I leave. Dont want shipper leaving this item in front of my door for a week!
Please keep us posted!
Where do you live????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** Carbon Airbox for 63 Cars ***