W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Whoops...the ownage is full on now. We have:

1. Ebay Account
2. Paypal Account
3. License plate tag numbers
4. Area where his IP's are originated from
5. Wikipedia sites he has terrorized and defaced.
6. Myspace account

Did I miss anything? It's like a 100ft wave, you can run but it will still get you. The internet is an open book, and all can be linked back to you. Any other help I can give let me know.
Don't forget

- place where he took the pictures of his cars
- most likely the same place where he works
- where he went to school (or maybe still attends)

It's just a matter of time at this point to track this guy down. License plate numbers alone is pretty much game over.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by MG
you're so sexy when you talk all lawyer like.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by davidmbowser@gm
Actually, preferably BOTH!
if we get an address when the cops go to arrest him Ill video tape
Old 05-25-2008, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
you know, he's probably out there reading the progress of this and how it's been
building in terms of IDing him. with so many folks out there reading this, this is
just like an Amber Alert....ie someone will be spotting the car(s) and post their
sightings. the noose keeps getting tighter. even a short cruise is going to be
a gamble now. bwahahaha.....
Old 05-25-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
any chance of posting to an alumni forum for that college he went to and asking if anyone knew of a recent alum who was bragging about having a jag and a benz? I assume he was a jerk in college too, and probably does not have many friends there.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
he can't get himself mask into a spider man anymore!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 08:28 PM

BMW
Originally Posted by KIRA

LOL

Old 05-25-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by KIRA

Dude, that's nasty.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:30 PM

1998 ML320
Wow guys,

I became aware of this after I saw 55fanatics scammer alert on benzworld.

You guys are great, keep it up and hopfully this sh**bag will get what he deserves.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:12 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
can we rename the thread to scam alert or something?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:42 PM

2007 E63
Holy freaking cow!!!!!!!!!! I went away for the weekend so I haven't checked this thread since Friday morning. Let me just say that you guys are incredible. I will read through all the posts and reply where I think I can still shed some light. Once again, thanks to eveyone here. I don't think he would have been quite so eager to do a full refund without you guys tracking him down.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:47 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by greg@oem
Ok Guys Party Is Over. Time to get serious now.

My name is Greg Henry, Im the regional manager for the eastcoast market for OEM Headlights N Parts. It has been brought to my attention that two parties are having issues with one of our local distributors. Let me first start off by saying this. We are based out of NYC, but we have several auto distributors along the east coast who we give leads to. Our local distributors consist of salvage yards, auto parts shops, and dealers. We then send you to their outlet so you can conduct business with them personally. Although my job consist of monitoring transactions, I cannot monitor every distributor at there site physically. They have binding contracts with us to ship and deliver orders directly to the customers. In otherwords they dropship for us. However we do get commision for each lead we give them. It is there responsibilty to send the order after we have recieved payment to the customer. We then give profits directly to the distributors. I understand that you are having a problem with the shipment it has been brought to my attention. I am dealing with the distributor directly and this problem will be dealt with. We will be issuing a full refund until this distributor futher explains the current situation. Please expect to recieve a full refund/credit to your card within 3-4 Business Days. I am sorry for the mishap with our local distributor. Please be advise this distributor is being dealt with at this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience our distributors for our company has caused to all associating parties.

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!!!!!
Right "Greg". This guy Greg called me on Friday when I was in the car going somewhere. He offered all of the above explanations and remedies. He claimed ignorance to this "scam" that this rogue distributor was running. Two problems, my "wheels" were barely missing for 24 hours and he's already offering a full refund, and he had the same voice as the original scammer!!!! I played along to try to get a return phone number, but was unable to get one.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:48 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Timeless
It is the same person guys. He also called Teolax and it is the same voice. Don't be fooled...this Greg guy is the exact same person. He sent me this email also which is a copy and paste job:

Hello Sir

My name is Greg Henry, Im the regional manager for the eastcoast market for OEM Headlights N Parts. It has been brought to my attention that you are having issues with one of our local distributors. Let me first start off by saying this. We are based out of NYC, but we have several auto distributors along the east coast who we give leads to. Our local distributors consist of salvage yards, auto parts shops, and dealers. We then send you to their outlet so you can conduct business with them personally. However we do get commision for each lead we give them. It is there responsibilty to send the order after we have recieved payment to the customer. We then give profits directly to the distributors. I understand that you are having a problem with the shipment it has been brought to my attention. I am dealing with the distributor directly and this problem will be dealt with. We will be issuing a full refund until this distributor futher explains the current situation. Please expect to recieve a full refund/credit to your card within 3-4 Business Days. I am sorry for the mishap with our local distributor. Please dont hesitate to ask questions. Thanks
OEM Headlights N Parts
"Your #1 Resource for New and Used Auto Parts"

Notice the lack of legitate phone number to call him.

I got all the same e-mails you got...
Old 05-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by way2evil
can we rename the thread to scam alert or something?

Done
Old 05-25-2008, 10:11 PM

2007 E63
Here is a letter from someone SAYING they got screwed also by him:

I used their automated checkout system for oemheadligtsnparts in CA and received a receipt through Izzaspeed.com, which I'm assuming is their warehouse distribution, but the site disappeared about a weeks ago after my payment. It's back up today as an online store selling pet clothing, located in Hong Kong China. The domain is registered to a Ricky Tsui, located at 4751 littlejohn st. Unit A, Baldwin Park CA 91706, a warehouse district in East Los Angeles. Baldwin Park is where the withdraw from my account originated from, so I know it's the same place. He has ownership of the domain until 2009, so it looks like they closed up shop and turned it into something else. Hung S. Lai is oemheadligtsnparts aka acelights, located in Montrose CO, but has a 626 area code for his #, which is Los Angeles. Not a coincidence. I already contacted the website host service (West*********) about their fraud; hope the host shuts them down. I've been contacted by 3 other people who are in our situation. They are located in CA or CO, but they use various cities to conduct business with various #'s and addresses. Keep me informed on any developments and I will do the same. Good luck.

Funny it is from email: Jeffery Maxwell [jeffmaxbenz@yahoo.com]

Anyone think perhaps this is him hoping I will share the info I have gotten and shared with the authorities? Things that make you go hmmm....

I have a hard time believing any Yahoo email accounts anymore.
Funny, I got this one as well. I found it fishy so asked for a return phone number, but did not get a response. What do you think his angle on this was? Smoke screen???
Old 05-25-2008, 10:22 PM

1998 ML320
Originally Posted by teolax
What do you think his angle on this was? Smoke screen???
I think he has been reading how much progress you guys have made in tracking him down and he is scared.

He is hoping that if he refunds your money you will cease in your efforts to prosecute him.

He's got his tail between his legs now.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 PM

MB
Teolax and Timeless: keep on pressing the charges! Do not back down even if the chargebacks are successful. The damage is done, the crimes were committed, and the scammer needs to be punished. The law doesn't relinquish him from wrongdoing just because you get your refund. In fact he has nowhere else to turn to except to plead for mercy... which he doesn't deserve since he should have thought of the consequences before he started this entire charade of endless scams! He needs to be exposed and incarcerated.

Last edited by thebenzbar; 05-25-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by thebenzbar
Teolax and Timeless: keep on pressing the charges! Do not back down even if the chargebacks are successful. The damage is done, the crimes were committed, and the scammer needs to be punished. The law doesn't relinquish him from wrongdoing just because you get your refund. In fact he has nowhere else to turn to except to plead for mercy... which he doesn't deserve since he should have thought of the sequences before he started this entire charade of endless scams! He needs to be exposed and incarcerated.
Actually, to be fair, the law allows him to do two things for myself and Teolax.

1 - Refund the money via Google checkout (This is not the same as our credit card companies doing a chargeback via a dispute).

2 - Deliver the promised merchandise. Now, I am pretty sure he is going to find it very hard to find E63 wheels with tires with less than 100 miles off a new 2008 E63 AMG for the price agreed upon. However, if the aformentioned wheels/tires do show up by next Tuesday, then he has fulfilled his obligation to us albeit late delivery.

Now, for the countless others he has scammed and never delivered there is no legal recourse other than jailtime. We all know this is going to end with him in prison, but I thought I would mention what he COULD do in regards to Teolax and myself.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Actually, to be fair, the law allows him to do two things for myself and Teolax.

1 - Refund the money via Google checkout (This is not the same as our credit card companies doing a chargeback via a dispute).

2 - Deliver the promised merchandise. Now, I am pretty sure he is going to find it very hard to find E63 wheels with tires with less than 100 miles off a new 2008 E63 AMG for the price agreed upon. However, if the aformentioned wheels/tires do show up by next Tuesday, then he has fulfilled his obligation to us albeit late delivery.

Now, for the countless others he has scammed and never delivered there is no legal recourse other than jailtime. We all know this is going to end with him in prison, but I thought I would mention what he COULD do in regards to Teolax and myself.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Almost a Member!

1991 350SDL 2004 G500

I work for a credit card processor and in this case theres another benefit to the charge back. Most merchants get charged a good $30 for every charge back Not too sure if this applys to him and Google checkout but if it does.... every little annoyance helps
Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

Honestly guys, I don't see 1 or 2 coming to pass. Reason is, this has gotten much deeper just a refund. Fraud, previous fraud (who knows how many), theft by deception, defamation and fraud regarding DHL, and a felony was committed. Not to mention his defacing of wikipedia pages. A refund doesn't cut it. Only the holiday and a matter of time is all that remains.

I hope you guys get your money back and this is cleared up, and this sends a clear message to thieves.

BTW- Hope you all have a good holiday!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp

There is no doubt in my mind that he never had these wheels to sell in the first place and thats theft by deception. Him refunding your money now doesn't free him from any criminal action
Old 05-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
Originally Posted by NY C32
There is no doubt in my mind that he never had these wheels to sell in the first place and thats theft by deception. Him refunding your money now doesn't free him from any criminal action
He might have, If you look at the Jag pics at the brick house with the green door and look at the picture of the wheels it looks like the same brick house. Probably his parents house being there was a flower pot next to the wheels.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by c3232c
He might have, If you look at the Jag pics at the brick house with the green door and look at the picture of the wheels it looks like the same brick house. Probably his parents house being there was a flower pot next to the wheels.
The picture was confirmed by another member who owns an E63 that those were his wheels, not the OP's. He stole that picture out of another thread. It was never his.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
Originally Posted by Fr0zen
The picture was confirmed by another member who owns an E63 that those were his wheels, not the OP's. He stole that picture out of another thread. It was never his.
Oh I see! Well good thats just more ammo against him then!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly