W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Thanks again for everyone's support. I doubt this tool will be caught as I am sure he is using false addresses for both business location and IP information.

If anyone knows the proper authorities to contact concerning this in Boston (I believe this is Suffolk county? Maybe the Suffolk county police?), please PM me.

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by grandcrubenz
I will post the tracking numbers myself. Its DHL Fault Not Mines. I said I will assist on filing the claim. I insured the wheels. Stop trying to lie.

Timeless

teolax

BTW, just so everyone knows, DHL was contacted and admits their software allows people to have multiple packages under the same tracking numbers. They know it should not happen and are working on fixing this.

Basically he creates the labels via their DHL software either on his computer or on their website (most likely) which shows the destination and correct weight the package SHOULD be. He then has to go to a DHL facility and drop of a package of some sort so it shoes the package was picked up and scanned by DHL (This gives the customer the illusion their items really shipped). What he does in reality is change the label on the way to the DHL facility and sends some bogus package to bogus addresses in the hopes they never show up. He screwed up on the first tracking number of mine and it actually got delivered in California. The other you can see is still in la la land around Atlanta.

He then says that DHL lost the packages. It is a pretty good scam which only works because of DHL's crappy software. Basically, the tracking numbers NEVER get updated on the website side to show the TRUE addresses or WEIGHTS of the packages he REALLY ships.....So the people be scammed continue to see the correct information and continue to get pissed at DHL. The scammer hopes this goes on long enough for him to get his money cleared from Google checkout and even hopes to scam DHL for the insurance.

I have a direct contact and phone at DHL that I will be reporting his fraud to today. I am sure it qualifies as insurance fraud which is another felony.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Heres why these scumbags keep doing it

A few years ago my wife had her credit card number stolen from some punk at a store in downtown Providence. He charged $2450 on the credit card online before she got home. Credit card company of course reversed the charges. We knew the kid and called the cops, as he was certainly doing this to other customers. Cops filed a report, for the credit card company. Turns out the credit card company never pursued, just refunded our money and let the kid walk. I talked to the police to see where they were, and they said "we talked to his parents, he won't do that again."

So, this kid steals $2450 (plus whoever else he ROBBED) and gets off scott free. Not bad.

The question here is, will the cc company really back out the $, is he trying to scam DHL as well by trying to claim the insurance and finally, not everyone has the tenacity to go after these a holes.

If you have a good relationship with you local PD, give them a call and report this. I had a guy steal $1K for a pool cover and my local PD had the guy arrested and put in the can over Christmas (the only real deterrent for these guys) and my local DA garnished his wages to get my money back. The trick is to find someone on the legal side that will be your advocate and use their position to find and take this guy down. Like I said Jail time does wonders.

Good luck guys, it really sucks that these scumbags steal our hard earned money and use these boards to troll for victims. Let's make an example of this one.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by davidmbowser@gm
A few years ago my wife had her credit card number stolen from some punk at a store in downtown Providence. He charged $2450 on the credit card online before she got home. Credit card company of course reversed the charges. We knew the kid and called the cops, as he was certainly doing this to other customers. Cops filed a report, for the credit card company. Turns out the credit card company never pursued, just refunded our money and let the kid walk. I talked to the police to see where they were, and they said "we talked to his parents, he won't do that again."

So, this kid steals $2450 (plus whoever else he ROBBED) and gets off scott free. Not bad.

The question here is, will the cc company really back out the $, is he trying to scam DHL as well by trying to claim the insurance and finally, not everyone has the tenacity to go after these a holes.

If you have a good relationship with you local PD, give them a call and report this. I had a guy steal $1K for a pool cover and my local PD had the guy arrested and put in the can over Christmas (the only real deterrent for these guys) and my local DA garnished his wages to get my money back. The trick is to find someone on the legal side that will be your advocate and use their position to find and take this guy down. Like I said Jail time does wonders.

Good luck guys, it really sucks that these scumbags steal our hard earned money and use these boards to troll for victims. Let's make an example of this one.
Thanks for the help. Your scenario might work if I had a friend in the Boston PD...but I am from South Carolina. I'm not going to post anymore details here in case the scammer is watching...but he better be prepared for some jail time.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by Timeless
If anyone knows the proper authorities to contact concerning this in Boston (I believe this is Suffolk county? Maybe the Suffolk county police?),
I am not 100% certain, but I would think the proper authorities would not be local. Get a copy of Federal Criminal Code and Rules see U.S.C. 18 § 1343.

Look here as well:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/se...3----000-.html
Old 05-23-2008, 09:49 AM

MB
Key word here is "interstate commerce". Besides contacting local authorities (which I hope you did already) where this scumbag is located, he is also violating federal regualtions. In fact, report him and the business to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection too. The FTC uses fraud-related complaints and inputs it into the Consumer Sentinel, which is a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide. You have to be vigilant and your reporting/prosecuting will pay off. There is also the Criminal Division of the Department of Justice (DOJ) which includes the Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS). The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is a partnership Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center. Get the ball rolling... this tool deserves a good memorable in jail!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

AMG
We was prepared to assist with the DHL claim for the lost shipment. But since you decided to do a chargeback, We are under the impression your trying to run a scam on us and DHL the shipping company. We however don’t feel obligated at this time to assist with going against DHL for the lost shipments. Its clear your credit card company is going to work in your best interest. But we will make your credit card company is aware of whats going on. We will file a rebuttal believe that until everything is settled with DHL on our end. We cannot believe Timeless and Teolax would try to insult our company like this. We have well over 7 regional offices including our website getusedparts.com . We have never remotely had a problem like this to this extreme. This is a complete shock. Our track record with the BBB speaks for itself. We will work hard to get our company back up to par despite the negative claims that this forum made against us. In this particular instance this in no form or shape should affect the way customer service is given.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon
I've done some transactions through a few other car forums. I sold a car to an exporter, I've sold wheels to a person in Canada, and several other transactions. I always give them enough information on me that they can "check me out" - either via a personal reference, my eBay account (that is also my name), car club presidents that I was also a president of a club, etc.

I've shipped and sold a car between NC and NV - and I had all the paperwork shipped to a local club president so that when the truck arrived, before the guy got the paperwork, they went to the bank TOGETHER and got a bank check. Club pres then Fedex'd me the check and the guy took delivery of his car.

Any time I do a transaction outside of my area - I might also ask that a local person "help me out" by going to get the items and deliver my check. Usually hard to find the 2 people that are in on the fraud and have them conspire against you. And - I always try to buy form someone with a "history" - if they don't - then I figure out how to make it an "in person" transaction.

Hope everyone's CC company and Google checkout help out here - but do pursue getting his slimy **** thrown in jail - he deserves nothing less. Plane tickets to Boston are pretty cheap to appear in court if you plan ahead - make it a weekend and get some good chowda!

Scammers - die in a fire.....
Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 AM

E63
Why??/

Are you still here??

Originally Posted by grandcru_benz
We was prepared to assist with the DHL claim for the lost shipment. But since you decided to do a chargeback, We are under the impression your trying to run a scam on us and DHL the shipping company. We however don’t feel obligated at this time to assist with going against DHL for the lost shipments. Its clear your credit card company is going to work in your best interest. But we will make your credit card company is aware of whats going on. We will file a rebuttal believe that until everything is settled with DHL on our end. We cannot believe Timeless and Teolax would try to insult our company like this. We have well over 7 regional offices including our website getusedparts.com . We have never remotely had a problem like this to this extreme. This is a complete shock. Our track record with the BBB speaks for itself. We will work hard to get our company back up to par despite the negative claims that this forum made against us. In this particular instance this in no form or shape should affect the way customer service is given.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon
Smile

Well - THAT clears it up for me.

Sorry - not funny. I hope you and your "well over 7" regional offices get closed down. (why 'well over 7'? Don't you know the actual number? or- can't count any higher?)

And yeah - I'll bet BOTH Timeless and Teolax KNEW that their shipments would get lost and they would pull a scam on DHL (of course, they are not too bright since the insurance money would go to YOU...) but hey - keep talking, bro - you're really clearing things up.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 E55
Originally Posted by Timeless
Wonder if StevE55 and Benzgrandcru have the same IP?
I was going to see if he will try to sale it to me after he already sold it to you, just trying to look out for you man
Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM

MB
You don't give up do you?!? Continuous lies and scams... go ahead keep feeding yourself to the wolves. I wish this was in my federal jurisdiction, I would not cease until this perpetrator is facing some serious jail time. Someone please PM me all the details about this fool, I'll see what I can do from my end and (federal) resources.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:50 AM

E63
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
Well - THAT clears it up for me.

Sorry - not funny. I hope you and your "well over 7" regional offices get closed down. (why 'well over 7'? Don't you know the actual number? or- can't count any higher?)

And yeah - I'll bet BOTH Timeless and Teolax KNEW that their shipments would get lost and they would pull a scam on DHL (of course, they are not too bright since the insurance money would go to YOU...) but hey - keep talking, bro - you're really clearing things up.
This guy is clearly delusional...does he actually think anyone is buying this crap? What does he hope to accomplish with these posts? BBB track record speaks for itself Funny how this POS can't respond to any of the direct concerns and he somehow knew that Teolax's wheels would be "lost by DHL" before they were even supposed to arrive.

I am confident that timeless and teolax will track this jerk down and teach him a lesson.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned

AMG
We however take no responsibility of DHL shipping services. In any particular instance whether shipment is lost or damage, we do not take full responsibility of this. That’s why our company properly insure our packages in the event these occurrences may occur. We do however assist customers in the likely event with filing the proper necessary claim paperwork with the shipping company. The claim check is authorized to go to the recipient not our company itself. It is unfortunate that things like this do occur, but we will work in the best interest of the customer to make sure everything is rectified.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:58 AM

E63
Just a matter of Time

We however take no responsibility of DHL shipping services. In any particular instance whether shipment is lost or damage, we do not take full responsibility of this. That’s why our company properly insure our packages in the event these occurrences may occur. We do however assist customers in the likely event with filing the proper necessary claim paperwork with the shipping company. The claim check is authorized to go to the recipient not our company itself. It is unfortunate that things like this do occur, but we will work in the best interest of the customer to make sure everything is rectified.
I have seen the members of this board track guys like you down in the past, keep posting and re-signing up when you get banned...it helps us triangulate on your location.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:59 AM

06 e55 wagon
A few changes clearly need to be implemented on this forum in the spirit of trying to protect members from scammers such as this low life scumbag:

- a cooling off period after registration so someone can't just keep signing up under different names and posting harassing crap

- banning of for sale posts in the main forums, especially by non-paying sponsors, they should only be allowed in the classified section

- posting for sale items in the classified section should then only be allowed after some number of minimum posts (again talking about non-verified and paid sponsors who then have skin in the game and can be held accountable)

- every IP that this fool is posting from needs to be permanently banned, and if he's coming through proxies, then whole IP ranges may need to be included. Even that will probably not stop someone though as there are almost an infinite number of proxies out there ... although use of them in this fashion is already a clear indication of suspicious intent ...
Old 05-23-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon

Registrant:
GetUsedParts.com, LLC
P.O. Box 101
Seymour, CT 06483
US

Domain Name: GETUSEDPARTS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
GetUsedParts.com, LLC jason@getusedparts.com
P.O. Box 101
Seymour, CT 06483
US
Old 05-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by davidmbowser@gm
I have seen the members of this board track guys like you down in the past, keep posting and re-signing up when you get banned...it helps us triangulate on your location.
+1
I predict an 'NSX Nick' situation in his future.

Speaking of, I notice from the DHL tracking that both Timeless' and Teolax's packages were picked up at the same location because of the times: all were picked up at 7:27 / 7:28pm on May 20th. So... they must have been picked up at the same location.

Has anyone tried to ascertain what the location is? Obviously the company name must be fraudulent; however, the dumb schmuck probably had them picked up from his house / trailer.

If DHL wont give you the exact address, wouldn't it be well worth it for somebody in Boston, MA to get a hold of the DHL pick-up guy since they regularly do the same routes. For the right price, you'll get HIM to disclose any and all information. We could get an established Boston member, all donate $5-10 via paypal to establish a 'bribe' fund.

Just a thought!!

Last edited by boohooramblers; 05-23-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Well so far I have this:

1. Based on his IP's his ISP is Verizon. He can be reported for abuse here:

OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-513-6711
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@verizon.net

I am doing a lot more digging now. I will post results shortly.

Cru, 230, or whoever you are, dude you have no idea what you are up against.

I pose these questions:

1. If you are legit, post your address and legitimate number where YOU can be reached, not a voicemail. Why won't you?
2. The site usedparts is registered in CT, where are you located again?

I am a network hound and work with guys at several ISP's. It's only a matter of time and pulling info together to get you.

Last edited by bigben320e; 05-23-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Banned

AMG
We have sold numerous sets of wheels on MBWorld forum in the past. We have regional sellers who normally post our in the classified section. As a mater of fact we have 10 ads in classified right now, and just sold 8 items the past couple of days here. I hope that other past members we have sold to on here will come to our defense. This is the not the first time a shipment have been lost. We used Fedex and they have lost numerous of sets as well. In each particular case we have worked with the customer and made sure they were compensated beyond satisfaction. We would like to work with Timeless and Teolax to make sure they are satisfied as well. But unfortunately they have their own means to do whatever they want to do. Filing a chargeback is not the best thing to do. Working with the merchant to make sure the problem is rectified is the best route. Chargebacks further complicates the issue. We have been very successful with rebutting chargebacks because the buyer did not work with us.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
We have sold numerous sets of wheels on MBWorld forum in the past. We have regional sellers who normally post our in the classified section. As a mater of fact we have 10 ads in classified right now, and just sold 8 items the past couple of days here. I hope that other past members we have sold to on here will come to our defense. This is the not the first time a shipment have been lost. We used Fedex and they have lost numerous of sets as well. In each particular case we have worked with the customer and made sure they were compensated beyond satisfaction. We would like to work with Timeless and Teolax to make sure they are satisfied as well. But unfortunately they have their own means to do whatever they want to do. Filing a chargeback is not the best thing to do. Working with the merchant to make sure the problem is rectified is the best route. Chargebacks further complicates the issue. We have been very successful with rebutting chargebacks because the buyer did not work with us.
So, you're admitting to being a reseller on this forum without going through the proper channels, and paying sponsor fees?

You're a dolt.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Update: based on all his IP's he is located is Boston/Cambridge/Brockton areas.

I wonder is this guy using a verizon mobile modem, and moving around all over the place or just spoofing IP's? Regardless all of them are based from Verizon.

OrgName: Verizon Internet Services Inc.
OrgID: VRIS
Address: 1880 Campus Commons Dr
City: Reston
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20191

NetRange: 72.64.0.0 - 72.95.255.255
CIDR: 72.64.0.0/11
NetName: VIS-72-64
NetHandle: NET-72-64-0-0-1
Parent: NET-72-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
Comment:
RegDate: 2005-06-24
Updated: 2005-12-13

OrgAbuseHandle: VISAB-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: VIS Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-513-6711
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@verizon.net

OrgTechHandle: ZV20-ARIN
OrgTechName: Verizon Internet Services
OrgTechPhone: 800-243-6994
OrgTechEmail: IPNMC@gnilink.net

Last edited by bigben320e; 05-23-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 AM

E63
[ I hope that other past members we have sold to on here will come to our defense. This is the not the first time a shipment have been lost.

Yes, we can see everyone rushing to your defense...speaks volumes doesn't it?

We used Fedex and they have lost numerous of sets as well.

Right...somehow amazon.com can ship 1 million packages a day and nothing gets lost, but your "crack" operation seems to have problems with 100% of your "shipments" (I use this word loosely because we all know that there are no real shipments).

Filing a chargeback is not the best thing to do. Working with the merchant to make sure the problem is rectified is the best route. Chargebacks further complicates the issue. We have been very successful with rebutting chargebacks because the buyer did not work with us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck with that once the CC company hears from DHL and sees your posts here...case closed.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:49 AM

CTS-V
Filing a chargeback is not the best thing to do.
Yes it is. Don't listen to this idiot, he's just stalling. First he says that he's never had problems like this, and now he's saying that it happens all the time. Anyone who's shipped stuff knows that it doesn't really happen that often. I don't think banning him is the best thing to do -- the more he posts, the more he incriminates himself. Let him dig his own grave.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:04 PM

2007 E63
IF the wheels ever show up, I will post an apology on here to you plus give you 20% more than our agreed upon price. I won't be holding my breath though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly