W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Sidders
The store manager isn't quite the authority I would have in mind..
Ya, but at least it would get him fired in the meantime. That would be some slight progress, until law enforcement rolls over to his house..
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MGT, 12 CLS63 Launch
Originally Posted by AMDfan
Member from CrownVic.net checkin in...

I believe we have a few members from the Mass-area on our site who are LEOs, maybe if someone fwd'd a copy of the plate#'s, one of em could run it for ya.
He should join your forum because from the sounds of it he's going to be seeing a lot of crown vics in the future.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailblazer LT EXT
I've been reading this thread over and over. You guys have done some awesome work! I know how it feels to be ripped off. I got ripped off for $1000 on some z06 rims. The guy paid me 1k and never paid the other 1k, i didnt know his name, but memorized his plate. I filed a claim against him and served him 5 days later. He returned the rims and I paid him back $900, Deducted that $100 for court cost and gas money

I hope you catch that *******!!
Good luck from the guys (and gals) @ trailvoy.com
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 AM

C230k coupe 500sec convertible
i think he will be calling out today!!!!!!

Hey jonothan how about you turn your friend in now?????

Maybe we should drop a line to his manager, would make the store look very bad if he did any of these activities from there!

someone should walk in the store, bring up Safari and brose this thread! before 5pm
Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Almost a Member!

1991 350SDL 2004 G500
Originally Posted by HeirKranz
One thing I forgot to add, last year "billy smith" said to me over the phone after calling him stupid that he "graduated from Boston U" this was last year, so maybe he did????? or it is one of the fool's father's or aliases
I've recently had an experience with a totally different type of scam and I'll tell you one general rule about these people. EVERY word that comes out of their mouths is a lie.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:20 AM

E46, '07 S550
Guys, Jonathan Turner's facebook is open to people in the Boston network. Join before he gets up and sees these posts and save everything. I see that someone tracked down his apple store. If he calls in sick today, this other guy in the picture is named Gerald Trotman. He may be there.

I've been reading since the beginning, but I don't remember if it has been brought up or not. How do we know Jonathan isn't really Billy smith? It seems there is so much on Jonathan yet so little on Billy. Could he be using someone's name?
Attached Thumbnails SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly-n13003603_31286124_8241.jpg  
Old 05-29-2008, 10:20 AM

Ford Expedition
Originally Posted by mikeqube
Jonathan Turner works at the Apple Store at the Cambridgeside Galleria! I just called and asked for him. They put me on hold and and then came back a few minutes later saying he'll be in around 5 today.
Call the store again, get a managers name and then call him back at any number (preferably not his work one) and then say something along the lines of "you said you boss got upset about personal calls, i talked to (managers name) today, he/she didn't seem that upset about the call, but lets see his/her reaction when he/she finds out your a thief"

Sit back and listen for the sound of him ****ting a brick.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Jonathan Turner works at the Apple Store at the Cambridgeside Galleria! I just called and asked for him. They put me on hold and and then came back a few minutes later saying he'll be in around 5 today.
A pretty convient place to work and pick up credit card numbers from customers. I wonder how many people that shopped at the Apple store in Cambridge later had fraudulant charges on their credit card they used at the Apple store. This might be an area of interest for the local authorites in Cambridge.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:25 AM

MB
Originally Posted by W219CLS55

Here is an example of 2 ex-Apple employees from MA. that got caught! JT and BJS may have a string going-on too at his Apple store, so who knows right? It's all speculation but these 2 idiots aren't your likely altar-boy candidates you know!

From Mac Daily News report on 3/22/08:
"Two men employed to sell iPhones at the Apple Computer Store in the Mall at Rockingham Park [Salem, New Hampshire] went into business for themselves, stealing 332 of them before being caught by their bosses, police said," James A. Kimble reports for The Eagle-Tribune.

"Police yesterday arrested Joshua Garrand, 28, of Methuen, Mass., and Christopher Nashed, 22, of Sandown on felony theft charges of stealing $132,468 worth of the popular computer phone and reselling them on the black market, police said," Kimble reports.

"Garrand and Nashed were taken into custody at their homes yesterday afternoon without incident," Kimble reports.

"Investigators were first contacted by the store in early January. Salem police Sgt. Steve Malisos dug through store records and spent three months on the case," Kimble reports.

"Deputy police Chief William Ganley said the department has dealt with a lot of employee thefts over the years, but nothing comparable to the iPhone case," Kimble reports.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:31 AM

2007 civic
Someone call the store and talk to his coworkers. Try to make allies with the people he works with to get more information about him... what he drives, where he lives.... try to buddy up with them and give them the address to the post. We need an insider to his world and this is a great place to start. Maybe he ripped off a coworker too?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
fng

honda
Great thread.

I registered just to throw out an idea - can someone go to that apple store and post in this thread so the mods can check the ip address? That way we can see if any scams were run from his workplace.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:33 AM

'13 250 Coupe
^^ It would be a coincidence
Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
How many people here are from the boston/cambridge area? It would be pretty funny if say 25 of us walked in there all within a few minutes of each other and pulled this page up on every machine in the place.
Or set the cliff's notes version of Jon and Billy's scam as the safari homepage on every computer in the store...lol

I still think someone oughtta call the store manager. Some of the IP's traced back to Cambridge, so odds are, one of these douches used the store to post on forums and run the scam. Definitely cause for termination...
Old 05-29-2008, 10:35 AM

Trailblazer LT EXT
Got some more info...

Last edited by ieatglue; 05-29-2008 at 10:39 AM.

2005 Honda S2000
Originally Posted by Jimmy Dushku
Guys, Jonathan Turner's facebook is open to people in the Boston network. Join before he gets up and sees these posts and save everything. I see that someone tracked down his apple store. If he calls in sick today, this other guy in the picture is named Gerald Trotman. He may be there.

I've been reading since the beginning, but I don't remember if it has been brought up or not. How do we know Jonathan isn't really Billy smith? It seems there is so much on Jonathan yet so little on Billy. Could he be using someone's name?
hmm.. I have been in the apple store many times in Cambrige side gallaria and have seen the person on the left plenty times!

E46, '07 S550
Originally Posted by fng
Great thread.

I registered just to throw out an idea - can someone go to that apple store and post in this thread so the mods can check the ip address? That way we can see if any scams were run from his workplace.
That's a good idea. I bet his employers wouldn't be too appreciative of him conducting his "business" WHILE at work.

Last edited by Jimmy Dushku; 05-29-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Thread is now open again.

Please NO WHORING.

Those posts will be deleted immediately and if the party in question continues infraction points will be handed out at the discretion of the mod/admin.
Thanks Andy and Phil... if we can keep a minimum on the post whoring I think many ideas and lots of information about victims and Billy's life are coming in still. As more and more people read this thread it is bound to happen that we come accross someone else who knows him and will give him up...
Old 05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by fng
Great thread.

Good suggestion. If someone does I ask that he does not post for several hours under his user name as that will override the IP since its kinda FIFO. We would post an all clear once we have. Please let one of us mods know if you are planning on doing this for traceability.

Thanx
Old 05-29-2008, 10:37 AM

Ford Focus ZTS
First of all, amazing detective work guys. This is seriously the most amazing example of web community I've ever seen.

I actually work around the corner. I'll have to stop in and do some "browsing". Unfortunately, I don't have a camera phone, so I won't be able to get pics. I'll let you guys know if I see Jonathan.

Might be worth swinging by Best Buy, too. I had a buddy get fraudulently charged $2K on his card at that store. I pray that Billy works there. If we could get him busted on that as well, I'll be so pumped.

Last edited by woodymq; 05-29-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 AM

N/A
Originally Posted by woodymq
First of all, amazing detective work guys. This is seriously the most amazing example of web community I've ever seen.

I actually work around the corner. I'll have to stop in and do some "browsing". Unfortunately, I don't have a camera phone, so I won't be able to get pics. I'll let you guys know if I see Jonathan.

Might be worth swinging by Best Buy, too. I had a buddy get fraudulently charged $2K on his card at that store. I pray that Billy works there. If we could get him busted on that as well, I'll be so pumped.
Jonathan's not due in till 5 tonight, just to let you know ;]
Old 05-29-2008, 10:44 AM

MB
He definitely has an iPhone as evidenced on that pic with his green jacket and leopard shirt. You can tell since the earbuds he's using is specifically for the iPhone. Which could mean.... he can also use the Apple Store's free wifi to post online and conduct scams straight from his iPhone. We all know wifi is way faster than Edge's capability so it makes sense for him to utilize the wifi there at work. And he doesn't necessarily need to be working while posting since he can stand right outside the store and conduct all his web scams and such... You know, he's probably reading all the threads anyway since he can access the forums almost anytime & anywhere.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:48 AM

MB
Originally Posted by woodymq
All the Macs there have iSight... which is Apple's built-in webcam. You can utilize it to take pics of the area/people. Use Photobooth for that purpose. Then you'll see a small thumbnail and drag each into Mail, and quickly plug-in the email you want the pics to send it to.... This is normal since every teenager I see when I visit at an Apple store do this all the time! So voila! you'll have pics!

If you want to take it further, Photobooth even has a videocam recording capability. So you can just activate it (it's easy, just click on the video icon when Photobooth opens up) and let it record endlessly. Then email it to your anonymous mail account (thru Mail). This is easy surveillance, trust me.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:50 AM

E46, '07 S550
Originally Posted by thebenzbar
He definitely has an iPhone as evidenced on that pic with his green jacket and leopard shirt. You can tell since the earbuds he's using is specifically for the iPhone. Which could mean.... he can also use the Apple Store's free wifi to post online and conduct scams straight from his iPhone. We all know wifi is way faster than Edge's capability so it makes sense for him to utilize the wifi there at work. And he doesn't necessarily need to be working while posting since he can stand right outside the store and conduct all his web scams and such... You know, he's probably reading all the threads anyway since he can access the forums almost anytime & anywhere.
You're right. He talks about it on his facebook and makes mention of some 3rd party apps he's running on it at his twitter account. http://twitter.com/mister_turner
Now this is starting to make more sense.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Trailblazer LT EXT
it could be an ipod touch...
Old 05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by HeirKranz
HAHAHA big SPLIT today!!!!

oh look what i wrote a year ago--boston U grad my @ss

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203...nk#post2512297

I think that Max_Benz/ andsimp2/ BSDbenz/ C230_617 max_benz / c230brabus / gotbrabus /CL203 / benzisballinn / whatever screenname he is using today is going to get qite mad over that old thread
andsimp2 was/is a member on ClubLexus as well. He's posted pic's of those pink headlights a bunch of times. you guys may wanna check there and see if he has scammed anyone on there... might help your case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly