W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 megacab diesel 4x4 with go fast goodies
ok like i said before here are the pics on his myspace page that haven't been posted on here yet... and the pics of the cameras say "the thing that ruined my life of a month"

Old 05-29-2008, 11:37 AM

Fiat Punto
Hi, From Kinetic, Saw this on a European Gaming Website, consolegaming.eu

read this whole thing from start, to where we are now,

congrats to all involved, showing the net, that scammers will not be tolerated, especially on a motoring forum!

Regarding where we are at now, is all this locating his person thing necessary, or is this just to get a bit more satisfaction, as based on all the information you have, the way he's abused DHL's system etc, im geussing who ever it is will be seeing jail time definatly, whether it be, Billy or Turner.

I'll keep reading, despite it being such a massive distraction to me, it's kind of addictive reading all this, good luck catching the guy, hope he get's sacked sooner rather than later.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 AM

BMW
Hey guys, I didn't want to be another guy who joined join just to post something here, but I posted this yesterday on Bimmerfest and hoped it might get reported back over here. Sorry if you knew this already, but without reading every page I thought it was better to post it just in case. Looks like he's going under the name "1 Sic MKI" on a Toyota Forum with his location listed as Virginia.

I did a quick google search under the phone number he's been using (631-645-4407) and these two threads came up on a Toyota Supra forum. Neither ad has the phone number there now, but both have been edited.

Macbook Air 4/S/T $1450
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...-t-1450-a.html

9" Enkei LS-5 w/ Tires $975
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...res-975-a.html

This NY Craigslist also came up, but when you click on the link it says the ad has been removed by the author and the title will disappear in a few minutes.

Black Ipod Video 30gb $100 Neg
Call If Serious Jay 631-645-4407 Plz Dont Call Me Talkin Bout I GOT $50 RIGHT NOW!!..cuzz i will have to hang up on you for wasting my time! ... http://www.newyork.craigslist.org/br...34680301.htmlw

Also, I noticed in some of the old ads that Jonathan went by the nickname "Jay." The New York CL ad that's now been deleted referred back to Boston CL, so I decided to try typing in the word "Jay" in the For Sale section of Boston CL. What came up were ads for jet skis, cars, rims, tractors, electronic equipment and more, all listed in the last 2 or 3 day by "Jay" but different phone numbers are listed.

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to believe there are that many people named Jay selling high ticket items in the Boston area in the last 2 or 3 days alone. What we've all found so far might only be the tip of the iceberg in what this guy has been doing.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:43 AM

urabuS
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer
Links don't work...
Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 AM

Fiat Punto
Also, alot of what you just said he's selling, Black Ipod Vidoe, and the Macbook Air, could have possibly been stolen from where he works, which im sure Apple would like to see his recipts for, if he does get arrested
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 AM

MB
Originally Posted by esURABUS
Links don't work...
I wouldn't doubt that he deleted them (if it's from him)... and he's watching every reply on the thread. It doesn't matter... the evidence is mounting and the pressure is increasing... we know the authorities are likely watching too. He can't hide.... He knows he should cooperate with Phil and reveal BJS. He's ruined if he doesn't.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:47 AM

C230k coupe 500sec convertible
this thread will probably end with the final question answered.....WHO BILLY J SMITH IS!!!

......JONOTHAN any thing you would like to give up???

Last edited by HeirKranz; 05-29-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 AM

BMW
Links don't work...
Old 05-29-2008, 11:50 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by KineticQ
Also, alot of what you just said he's selling, Black Ipod Vidoe, and the Macbook Air, could have possibly been stolen from where he works, which im sure Apple would like to see his recipts for, if he does get arrested
Well, it's already confirmed that his partner in the scams, Jon, works for apple...so maybe he is stealing the stuff and Billy is selling it?

There also seems to be a strong possibility that Billy may work for apple too, possibly at the downtown store on boylston. If that turns out to be true, then both of them are probably robbing Mr. Jobs blind...

Fiat Punto
How must it feel to be at home, reading this, knowing that, people are checking out where he works, what time he's working, and he has to sit here, while people post his pictures, etc

Your fighting a lost battle, just turf over the information. We know your reading this!

Edit: CWW

you'r probably right, it seems the scummy kind of thing there doing, would you put theft, past people who run these scams ? Nope no chance, they probably steal alot.

Apple would really like to see the recipts for these items he's selling

E46, '07 S550
Originally Posted by tclappcummins
...and if you look he has pics of his camera and on the page it said "the camera that ruined my life for a month" what ever that is suppose to mean....

Trav
It probably means Mr. Big Ballin' thought $600 dollars was a large purchase. I left this thread for a few moments and I'm very surprised by the new information. The Apple product sales are pretty interesting and I'm sure they may bring some interesting new information.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:51 AM

A slow Tahoe!
Does anybody have a current email address to Jonathan Tuner or Billy Smith? I need to check something out.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:53 AM

BMW
Links don't work...
Sorry, I cut and pasted them from my post on Bimmfest so it probably only copied the abbreviations. Here they are again from the actual links.

]
So I Decided To Sell My MacBook Air
I Realized That I Like Windows Better...LOL!
It Was Used About 13 Times No Scratches On Screen Or The Air Book Itself
This Is In Immaculate Condition If I Do Say So Myself. Im Also Willing To
Do Trades With Cash On Top Depending On Make And Model

Trades Must Have Windows XP NOOOOO Vista I Hate It Seriously!!
Must Come With The Original Windows XP CD
PS3 With Cash On Top

The MacBook Air Will Be Shipped Out Via UPS Either Same Day Or Next Day
Depending On When Payment Is Recieved And Will Be Provided With Insurance
On The Package Along With Confirmation #'s And Signature Required!
19" Enkei LS-5 w/ Tires $975

I Would Prefer Local Pick up But Am Also Willing To Ship!
I Accept Cash (who doesnt lol)
I Also Will Accept Paypal (With Confirmed Address Only)
I Also Can Do Bank Wire Transfer
Please No Checks Or Money Orders
If the links still don't work, try clicking on them from my post on Bimmerfest. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=31

Last edited by 1Dreamer; 05-29-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Broken Links.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 AM

2007 civic
http://home.comcast.net/~jonathan.turner/

jonathan.turner@comcast.net possibly?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:55 AM

urabuS
Here are the links:

Macbook air

*btw, as a mac owner, i can tell you that that air is pretty friggin' new looking

19" Enkei

* he says semi brand new, but do you se any (ANY) nicks on those rims..
Old 05-29-2008, 11:57 AM

MB
Apple's employee policy bans reselling. It can lead to mischief... theft... etc. They do not tolerate this. He can get fired easily if the ads link to him. The serial numbers of all ipods, iphones, and macs are traceable. Apple has a very tight quality control. He KNOWS this, yet he's stupid enough to test the water (if he's actually involved). You're in for some deep crap Mr. JT and/or BJS. The 2 former Mass. Apple employees who were caught received a $250,000 bail and are awaiting arraignment for their sentencing, respectively. Word is a minimum of 5-years.... Tha's quite a long time with Bubba 'mate!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:02 PM

1991 BMW 318i, 1982 VW Westfalia Camper, 1992 Volvo
You guys are great

I joined yesterday so I could see the pics. You guys are awesome. I came from VWVortex and put this up on the Brickboard this morning.

The noose tightens.

BMW 330
yep, that's the brand new one on bolyston...he can't have been working there long since it just opened recently...maybe check to see when the apple products started appearing for sale on craigslist/forums/etc...i'm guessing it's right around the time the place opened.

and he has 44 facebook friends in the apple network...further evidence that he is an employee. maybe someone can friend some of them and ask about this guy, since i'm betting they are fellow employees at the same store.

MBenz CLC 200 Sport Kompressor
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer
Sorry, I cut and pasted them from my post on Bimmfest so it probably only copied the abbreviations. Here they are again from the actual links.

]

If the links still don't work, try clicking on them from my post on Bimmerfest. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=31
it's strange he keeps trying to scam... and the ip address, u can check it? So we'll see is from Boston and not virginia beach

Last edited by Rio_C30; 05-29-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Ford Fiesta ST
Originally Posted by thebenzbar
Apple's employee policy bans reselling.
Based on the apparent MO, maybe theft from Apple (or reselling) isn't on the agenda. It's not like people are getting the goods they're paying for...
Old 05-29-2008, 12:03 PM

TiAg 330i
As per Jonathan Turner's myspace page, he lists his username as "snapplejack18" on the macrumors.com forum. This post shows his interest in the iPhone and lack of money...

Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 PM

Fiat Punto
Originally Posted by NotSoLocalBoy
Based on the apparent MO, maybe theft from Apple (or reselling) isn't on the agenda. It's not like people are getting the goods they're paying for...
That's true for these wheels, nothing to say some people ain't getting these other item's he could be selling them on after being stolen, so theirs less heat on him.

but i understand your point
Old 05-29-2008, 12:08 PM

MB
Originally Posted by NotSoLocalBoy
Yes but as you can see since the beginning of all this fiasco, lots & lots of evidence are building and in the case of these 2 scammers - the more, the better for authorities to have a strong case for the judge. That's the key to investigations... you have to build a link to their past. Whether it's from small reselling scams to big-time auto parts scams like what Timeless and Teolax suffered thru... All the little things everyone contributes adds up. As long these are the right individual(s), then it's senseless for him/them to keep on hiding. They'll get caught in the long run....
Old 05-29-2008, 12:08 PM

2007 civic
Links apple to best buy

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=snapplejack18
Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 PM

08 TBSS
Hello from TBSSowners.com and TrailblazerSS.com

Outstanding cooperation! Hope you guys get him for everything he has done. I'm sure it's worse than we think.
Attached Thumbnails SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly-ttr.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly