W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Summertime heatsoak blues!! Hey, do turbs suffer JUST like ours?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2008 | 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Everthings fine with the car. Just all the mods makes a boatload of heat and she ain't happy when it's 90+.
Damn this blows! I thought your heatsoak issue was solved having the Evosport exchanger and Johnson 90 pump, but I guess having all of your mods just brings you back to square one.
Is there anyway to change the current cutoff temp to a higher temp on the ECU? But like we all know, the real solution is new intercoolers. I'm looking forward to having heatsoak..

All kidding aside you guys, what's your thoughts a battery quick disconnect from like a Jegs or Summitt. Maybe I just reset the gosh darn thing couple of times a week for years of possessed driving.
That sounds like a good temporary solution, but you still shouldn't have to do that. WTF!! I guess it's a good idea for when your ECU goes into limp mode.
Old 05-19-2008 | 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Well it's official, this car has now surpassed the wife in it's ability to give me extreme pleasure one day, and then make me near suicidal the next.

Reset the ECU last night via battery disconnect. Sure enough, COMPLETELY different car today. Ferocious and mean again even in the summer heat. As I did a couple of higher R runs to get her piping hot, I could feel performance dropping like yesterday, but totally different powerwise from yesterday.

I honestly could not even lightly squeal the tires yesterday from a redlight. Just slowly boooooooggged it's way up in R's.

Today, the devil again.

All kidding aside you guys, what's your thoughts a battery quick disconnect from like a Jegs or Summitt. Maybe I just reset the gosh darn thing couple of times a week for years of possessed driving.
just reread your post and you stated that your car bogged badly from a stop. this means the car should have been in first gear and the adaptive tranny settings should not apply. this leads me back to heatsoak and i think it would be worth your while to follow up with some data logging.
Old 05-19-2008 | 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Jackpro,

You might also consider swapping your EVOSport core. I've seen them before but over the weekend I got to see one next to mine... mine looks almost twice as big. Not saying it'll be night and day, but something worth looking at.

Turbo cars suffer too, trust me on that one.

-m
Old 05-20-2008 | 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
This is what Jag have done...

Dont see what the big problem is getting it done for the 55's...???

Attached Thumbnails Summertime heatsoak blues!! Hey, do turbs suffer JUST like ours?-xkrsilverstone2_cdpic_11_l.jpg  
Old 05-20-2008 | 06:42 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Nah, can't on the 03's. Wheel shifts only work in M mode.

Bummer on the 03's.

Wondered a bit if it was my pedal sensor, but time will tell.

Maybe I will swap it out just to be safe.
Crap no wonder u suffer.
Car will adobt to granny mode if you are driving slow, but only takes1,2 bursts to bring her back to life.
I said use shifters because u will force the car into power band, hence always have the power if you require it, with a simple click on the wheel or two clicks .

have you tried moving the tiptroinc on the gear leaver in S mode?

Again to all the its the heat, unles data logging numbers are up, its still a theory...not saying its wrong, but the way some of you are going on about it, with out even data logging once....

Last edited by Zod; 05-20-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-20-2008 | 08:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Zod
Again to all the its the heat, unles data logging numbers are up, its still a theory...not saying its wrong, but the way some of you are going on about it, with out even data logging once....

Agreed!!
Old 05-20-2008 | 09:02 AM

E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lets see what your data logging says and we'll talk. btw, consider yourself lucky with only 90's...we're supposed to hit 108f today!!!
I was able to pull 22 mpg yesterday to and from work because I was afraid to jump on it too much and be disappointed. It's supposed to be hotter today. I guess I should get off my duff and actually install the HE and pump...
Old 05-20-2008 | 09:09 AM

K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550
Jacpro1

Did you remove the plastic piece which cover the air vent of the front hood ?

Also, did you have MB anti freeze coolant or you mix them with water wetter ?
Im on the same boat, im thinking to mix MB anti freeze coolant with water wetter but I dont know if it will cause any damage on the coolant system on the long run .
Old 05-20-2008 | 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
to answer your original question, yes we turbo cars have to deal with softer power on warmer days. The IC cores on both the turbo cars and the 55k's are the weak point. We are left with adding additional HE's and separating the circuits on the 55k's With your power level, I think you need the reservoir mounted in the trunk as it increases the overall coolant capacity 5 fold+ and may also need an additional HE On the street this will allow a bit more repeatability and then adding ice for the track when you want to go nuts.
Old 05-20-2008 | 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by E55JAY
to answer your original question, yes we turbo cars have to deal with softer power on warmer days. The IC cores on both the turbo cars and the 55k's are the weak point. We are left with adding additional HE's and separating the circuits on the 55k's With your power level, I think you need the reservoir mounted in the trunk as it increases the overall coolant capacity 5 fold+ and may also need an additional HE On the street this will allow a bit more repeatability and then adding ice for the track when you want to go nuts.
+++++1