W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

OMG -Lexus LF-A Supercar Will Cost ~$225,000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008 | 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Since it has been mentioned; a Lexus' reliability vs a Ferrari's liability (for instance) makes me think of the following...

Ever wonder why running backs in the NFL or guys running to first base in a baseball game can be just running ***** to the wall and pull up with a hamstring injury? I mean c'mon...I've been in plenty of pickup football and basketball games (not to mention, the occasional drunken footrace) and have never hurt myself. Well, athletes are trained to about the peak that a human can squeeze out of our biological set up. Of course they are going to be more apt to break down at the very edge of the human body's envelope...I kind of think of cars like that...

Ferrari has been building road cars that push automotive engineering and as a result, in my opinion, are more prone to breaking down. Lexus, on the other hand, hasn't exactly been pushing the envelope in regards to automotive engineering and the stress that can come with a high strung engine with a lot of power, torque, etc. that the tranny, etc has to deal with. And Lexus is very good at building a quality product, I won't argue against that. Another feather in the Toyota/Lexus cap, is that when they have pushed performance, they have done well. The last Supra for instance, that engine was/is bulletproof. Now, we get to see what they can do with a production V-10 pushing out 500hp...good for all of us.

The looks of the Lexus are uninspiring, at best. There is an absolute art look to a Ferrari that not many can deny.

One other note...how is Toyota's Formula 1 venture going?
Old 05-22-2008 | 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
Originally Posted by skooby
SANTA MONICA, California — After three auto show appearances and the occasional spy photo and video from Germany's high-speed Nürburgring test circuit, it's no secret that the Lexus LF-A supercar concept is headed for production. With an estimated 500 horsepower coming from the LF-A's 5.0-liter V10, we didn't expect the Lexus to come cheap, but Inside Line has learned that the car will carry a price tag over $200,000.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=126380

why r u dissin toyota, didnt u just sell your MB and buy a toyota, i mean lexus?
Old 05-23-2008 | 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
LFA FTW over Ferrari. Ferraris are just very expensive attractive problems that I would just own and make sit if I had my way.

Lexus and Porsche FTW!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 05-23-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2008 | 01:30 AM

Gs 300, Rx 330
Originally Posted by CWW
I dunno man, look at its times...it roasts some cars that cost multiples as much as it does, and have a lot more power.
But so does the GTR but that doesn't mean I would take it over a ferrari if they were the same price range
Old 05-23-2008 | 01:35 AM

Gs 300, Rx 330
Can someone answer this question for me..how does everyone that this particular car will be reliable? I mean Lexus has never built a supercar/exotic before so we have no idea how reliable it is compared to other exotics.

And I'm not dissing Toyota..since I obviously drive one, but in that price range I would never be purchasing a Toyota Supercar.
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:59 AM

Lexus GS 450h
While totally different price ranges, people said THE SAME thing is 1989 "oh no one is going to buy a Japanese luxury car".

Well what Lexus has done in 20 years is nothing short of remarkable. This car is needed as a halo to the brand and to their "F" program. While they pretty much stink at F1 they DO know how to build and compete in that program.

This car will SHOCK people just as the IS-F has done, that Lexus can indeed do sporty.