W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Several questions about my E63......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Several questions about my E63......

Went to my dealer about my consistant "hesitation"..and we finally got MBUSA involved...this was done by sending a letter out via the private lounge to AMG..I guess I was kind of harsh to AMG, and they got my S/A in some hot water over this. It seems they thought that he has not been trying to help, when I fact he has done almost everything that he could...I promissed that I would halt my letter writing campaign...and he said that he would help all that he could....which so far he has. Living in Tennessee...there are very few E63 vehicles around...and in Memphis where my dealer is...they have none...so believe it or not...MBUSA sent in a 2008 CLS63 for me to drive and compare..that where I have some questions. The engine is somewhat different..in the intake on the 2008 vs 2007. There is a square box that sits on the back intake in between the tubes that feed the TB, does anyone know what that could be? Second, either my 63 is a dog or the 2008 CLS 63 is really strong. My S/A said that the transmission was completely cleared of any adaptive settings, so that is why it feels so much stronger....TRUE?? He also stated that this is a lengthy process, and would do it to my car, but there are cretain break-in requirements that I need to observe during the first hundred miles or so..TRUE?? Bottom line is that the CLS 63 had no hesitation..as compared to my car...even light throttle applications were more responsive that mine are....is this transmission related...?? Last, he did show me a letter that he got from an AMG transmission engineer specifically commenting on my issues that I posted on the private lounge.....and essentially thinks that the hesitation is related to the transmission during the 2-1 downshift..where the transmission and torque conveter are not in sync...but claims that THIS IS NORMAL (where have I heard this before)...I will keep working with my S/A and keep everyone posted...there are others like me with the same issues........!! I still say something was done to the engine............I even offered to have the engines swapped from one car to the next....my S/A smiled and shook his head...but didn't say no...I told him to take that message to MBUSA..which he said that he would...!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
Maybe a long shot but your car does adapt to your everyday driving style.

Give this a shot and see if it does anything for you.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/148135-makin-sure-c55-32-brothas-hooked-up-ecu-reset-smokes.html
Old 05-29-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by OLDSCHOOLRICE
Maybe a long shot but your car does adapt to your everyday driving style.

Give this a shot and see if it does anything for you.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148135
I have done the ECU reset many times...but in no way does it compare to the set-up that the ClS63 had.....the dealer said that they somehow eliminated all of the adaptions and started from a fresh set-up. What I am puzzled about is how the engine responded vs mine...!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
This may be far fetched,but would it be possible for you to have the S/A drive your car while you drove the CLS(or vise versa) and did an quick side by side acceleration comparison?If the CLS pulls you tell em to swap the ECU&try it again to see if that is in fact the problem
Old 05-29-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
This may be far fetched,but would it be possible for you to have the S/A drive your car while you drove the CLS(or vise versa) and did an quick side by side acceleration comparison?If the CLS pulls you tell em to swap the ECU&try it again to see if that is in fact the problem
I asked that question already.....he said that it would be pointless unless the car was throwing a code...then he could see where the problem is. He said that just because one car accelerates better than the other, is no reason to change anything or do anything unless there is a code being thrown out. In defense of the dealer, he is trying to help, but I am at a point to say just whatever......

Question...is the sneaky ECU reset the same as the dealer was talking about...clearing all of the perameters and essentially starting with a "new" transmission??? I don't know! Thanks for all of your suggestions!!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
I asked that question already.....he said that it would be pointless unless the car was throwing a code...then he could see where the problem is. He said that just because one car accelerates better than the other, is no reason to change anything or do anything unless there is a code being thrown out. In defense of the dealer, he is trying to help, but I am at a point to say just whatever......

Question...is the sneaky ECU reset the same as the dealer was talking about...clearing all of the perameters and essentially starting with a "new" transmission??? I don't know! Thanks for all of your suggestions!!
They do not clear it the way we do. They likely use star and getthje ECU to stock settings prior to adaptation. Yes the car is faster usually at this point.

Your car should feel faster than an brand new CLS 63. At least similar. The seats in the CLS make it feel faster, lol, it is not faster. Did you try the sprint booster? I would have the dealer follow you on the interstate and do a few 40-70 pulls 30-65 whatever see how they match up. Have you ever run the car on a track, this would be very telling.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
+1 try a sprint booster, the hesitation will never be an issue again.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by juicee63
They do not clear it the way we do. They likely use star and getthje ECU to stock settings prior to adaptation. Yes the car is faster usually at this point.

Your car should feel faster than an brand new CLS 63. At least similar. The seats in the CLS make it feel faster, lol, it is not faster. Did you try the sprint booster? I would have the dealer follow you on the interstate and do a few 40-70 pulls 30-65 whatever see how they match up. Have you ever run the car on a track, this would be very telling.
I would try the sprint booster, BUT my wife is the usually drives the car...I have your basic Impala company vehicle!! There are a lot of circle tracks around here (eeeha)..but not very many 1/4 tracks in the state. At this stage of the game, I am willing to let my S/A to take my transmission to the stock settings...........you Cali guys are very lucky to have the outlets for cars....unlike Tennessee...which has very very few.....great ribs and blues though! I WILL get to the bottom of my issues with this vehicle...!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
I would try the sprint booster, BUT my wife is the usually drives the car...I have your basic Impala company vehicle!! There are a lot of circle tracks around here (eeeha)..but not very many 1/4 tracks in the state. At this stage of the game, I am willing to let my S/A to take my transmission to the stock settings...........you Cali guys are very lucky to have the outlets for cars....unlike Tennessee...which has very very few.....great ribs and blues though! I WILL get to the bottom of my issues with this vehicle...!
Yeah, I will not point outthe numerous reasons you are lucky not to live in Los Angeles. LOL