Another Sirius question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Another Sirius question?

Sorry to bug you guys about a question that I'm sure has been brought up a thousand times. Yes I did do a search and after a ton of reading I still haven't came to a conclusion. I just purchased a 06 E55 AMG and when I press the Sirius button on the command center it says "no satellite radio" which is pretty self explanatory but how do I know if it's pre-wired? I've searched and read that if you have the satellite button on the command center it's pre-wired but some also say the satellite button comes on all command centers regardless Is the only way to tell is to take it the dealer and see if it's pre-wired or not? I'm 99.9% positive it's getting installed either way because I hate regular radio. It also seems like I should expect to pay somewhere around 1k for parts and labor if it's pre-wired...sound about right? It's really hard to believe that a car that's going for upper 90k's you have to pay a thousand to have Sirius radio, I guess if people are paying that why not. Thanks in advance for the help.

One other question, how much will it cost to have Mercedes incorporate blue-tooth into my command system...500-1000?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
I have 06 E55. It was pre-wired. Parts will cost between $800-$900 and install takes 2-3 hours for an experienced installer as per Mercedes guidelines.
BT depends on whether or not you have the phone cradle installed. If you do, just buy the MB BT module and plug it in to the cradle. That's it. 30 second install.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
You don't say where you're located, but if it's anywhere where there are trees, you are in for a BIG dissappointment. Here in the Northeast, Sirrius constantly cuts in and out during the summer months and is virtually unlistenable. Hopefully, if they do merge with XM, things will improve because XM has far more ground repeaters.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
The Sirius module is about $699.00. You will also need a bracket and an antenna that is color matched to your car which is another $2-300.00. Then they will charge you about four hours shop time to install.

Basically around $1200.00 when it is all said and done.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:38 PM

K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550
if you have antenna on your trunk im sure you have satellite radio.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:47 PM

S500 4matic
Finally did Bluetooth, Voice Recog, & Sat Radio. S500 '05
Hi all, after alot of research, info from the posts and my own trepidation.
I finally decided to install Sat SIRIUS Radio, Voice Recognition & Bluetooth.

Visited MB of Manhattan got a Quote for SAT Radio & Bluetooth of $3800.00 without labor. WHAT??????

so, then decided to go Benzel Bush in NJ, same equipment, quoted $5800.00 Again, WHAT???????????

Anyway, while reading a previous post that mentioned MB Doctor. I Called them up, told them my request and made an appt for them to see my S500.
After 5 min of inspecting my car, the guy told me its doable and I gave my permission.

Out came the SIRIUS SAT Receiver with all harnesses & fiber optic cables, Bluetooth puck MBU2000, used in Porsche & MB in Europe. He even threw in the Voice recognition for free, because i was all up in the installation asking questions, making jokes but keeping a watchful eye. (The drilling of my trunk was a bit hard to take) But, it had to be done.

In 2hrs, i was calling SIRIUS, giving them the ESN for the receiver, 2 min later im up and running with SAT radio, Bluetooth & voice recog using the small lever above the sterring wheel, which my car didnt come with.

A totally enjoyable experience!! And a cost of $2000.00

WHAT ARE THOSE DEALERS TYRING TO DO???????????????? DUH, MAKE MONEY!!!!

OH,

If anyone in the forum is interested in getting it done, I will def recommended this guy to you.
He used to work at MB Manhattan for 12yrs before making his transition to entrepenurship.

PS he also gave me a tip. inside the hood, to the top on the passenger side, there's a black grill. Inside that grill there's a drain hole. He said ALWAYS make sure that hole is free from debris and dirt.
If not, there's a possibility if heavy rainfall occurs, it can cause flooding to take place inside the car reaching as far as where the Nav system is in trunk. Causing MAJOR headaches!!
He's seen it several times.

Thanks for reading

If its saying NO SAT RADIO, it should be wired, just no receiver
Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Depending on your location, call Steve at http://Mbenznl.nl and see when he's in your area next. My '06 got voice command and the factory bluetooth puck and the install was absolutely flawless. Way less $$ for the exact factory parts. Highly recommend if it works for you geographically. My '06 had Sirius, I just had to pay to activate it. I have zero reception problems on the west coast.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I live in the Bay Area, San Jose, Ca. If anyone can suggest someone in this area please do. I really would like to have these things installed asap but without paying 5k. Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
It is my understanding that the 05 model year was the last year that all E55s were pre-wired. begining in 06, the car was not pre-wired unless the car was ordered with Sirius. supposedly, it is quite expensive to add sirius to one that is not wired. My guess is yours is not wired. Let us know what happens and good luck.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:19 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I live in the Bay Area, San Jose, Ca. If anyone can suggest someone in this area please do. I really would like to have these things installed asap but without paying 5k. Thanks for the replies.
i got a quote last week for 1k for the sirius install for my 05 e55 at local sf benz dealer....