Sponsored by:

unbelievable...dealer wrecks my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
germans
unbelievable...dealer wrecks my car

sent the car to the dealers for the fuel recall and get a call back saying the lot attendant sideswiped a pole in the lot...I'm pissed and heading up there to see for myself
Old 06-12-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man, terrible news!

Good luck, i hope your dealer is not a dick about it.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
id flip out...hope you do....

happened to me once. Took my old Porsche in to have some work and the mechanic decided to take it out and without my knowledge was power-sliding through corners and lost control and went off the road...caused 25k in damage!
I feel for ya...good luck!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:11 PM

Merc Eclass AMG
Originally Posted by gonzjed
sent the car to the dealers for the fuel recall and get a call back saying the lot attendant sideswiped a pole in the lot...I'm ****'n pissed and heading up there to see for myself

dude , tell the dealer your gonna find a lawyer, and tell mercedes benz USA unless they

A fix the car perfectly, and
b for your mental anguish, and suffering and loss of a vehicle,
throw in some expensive options for the car, like new AMG wheels,
or perhaps a option of your choice..

their insurance has to pay for the damage so, Im sure they will be understanding.. and probably dont want their insurance to go up with a lawsuit.. lol not to mention lose their dealership if MB USA revokes it..
for violating their dealer agreement

good luck and give them hell lol

what scumbags..

Old 06-12-2008, 10:19 PM

540 6spd
If the damage is serious & more than cosmetic stuff I'd tell them I want the car written off. Take the money and find another E55 that is clean.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by MidniteBluBenz
If the damage is serious & more than cosmetic stuff I'd tell them I want the car written off. Take the money and find another E55 that is clean.
+100, you do not want a major damaged car to be fixed. Hope it isn't. That sucks!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
yeah last thing you want is the damage that was done put into a carfax report on your car. You wont be able to sell it without anyone knowing it has been wrecked....
Old 06-12-2008, 11:41 PM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
GONZJED - read this!

Guys- the same thing happened to my buddy Paul in his M3 by an unnamed BMW dealer in Bellevue WA .

The arsehole took the car out on a 'quality drive' after the tech had changed the oil, test driven the car and checked it back in! this moron who happens to be only 19 years old, takes the car and drives 60+ in a 30 zone massively populated by hospitals and Dr's offices. As luck would have it, someone turns out in front of him and he does a 180 and slams the car full speed front and back into the curb!!!! long story short they treated him like dirt and 2 years later the lawsuit for 'diminished value' was won by him against them for the massive amount of ....... ready? ready?? ready for it????

ZERO F'ING DOLLARS!!!!!!

The jury of 6 other morons found that the dealership was at fault but since the car sold for the average of what it would have sold for without the accident, Paul was not due any money.

moral of the story- get your ride fixed to the best of quality possible and see if you can get some free oil changes of service out of it and save yourself the heartache and countless hours of BS.

Hope it turns out ok bro.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:43 AM

germans
Just came back from the dealers and am pleased with their customer service. The general manager admitted full guilt and asured me that he would do what ever it took to satisfy me including paying the remainder of the loan or the value of the car, whichever is greater.
The dent was on the rear quarter which affected the driver side light assembly, bumper, and quarter panel. The lot person hit a yellow pole in the bay as I could see the paint. Basically, it look like Mike Tyson did a 1,2 combo on the car.
I think I am going to ask for free services or oil changes...not sure how many and have them fix the dents. Other than that, what other service could one ask for? I'm not sure if it would be ridiculous to ask for new amg rims when mine are flawless..what do you guys think? Now I'm driving a c300 and miss the dynamic seating dearly.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:13 AM
Esh

E55
Just came back from the dealers and am pleased with their customer service. The general manager admitted full guilt and asured me that he would do what ever it took to satisfy me including paying the remainder of the loan or the value of the car, whichever is greater.
The dent was on the rear quarter which affected the driver side light assembly, bumper, and quarter panel. The lot person hit a yellow pole in the bay as I could see the paint. Basically, it look like Mike Tyson did a 1,2 combo on the car.
I think I am going to ask for free services or oil changes...not sure how many and have them fix the dents. Other than that, what other service could one ask for? I'm not sure if it would be ridiculous to ask for new amg rims when mine are flawless..what do you guys think? Now I'm driving a c300 and miss the dynamic seating dearly.
Is it going to need to be repainted? If so, some dealers take a light meter to the paint to measure consistency. My point is, I wouldn't want to deal with any of that when going to trade in or sell a vehicle. If this is your dealer of choice, I would want something assuring me that this would not go to Carfax or an agreement that the car would be given full value if you ever decided to trade it in.

Also, you probably should be able to negotiate some oil changes and basic services. Maybe dealer price/discounted labor on future services for a specified time period?

I personally would have a hard time taking my vehicle back to someone that has wrecked my car. But... if they treat you right and you have had service there that you feel is above and beyond what you receive at other dealerships, I would give them a chance to apologize properly.

They have already offered to buy the car from you. They can always say no to any request you ask of them. I feel what you're trying to say though, you want to be a good guy and not ask for unreasonable things. But what would happen if you took the car for a test drive and did the same thing?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:16 AM

2005 E55 AMG, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP
i read about that story with the m3 on m3forums. was so sad.
thats why i cringe when i go to dealerships and see all these 18-19 year old little kids giddy waiting to drive your car to the back.

your best bet is to build a relationship with the service manager. i have done this with my M3 and he takes good care of me. always drives it to the back himself, never takes the car out for a test drive with the mechanic without calling me first. gets little stuff warrantied thats supposed to be wear and tear like a door handle, e-brake knob, speaker cover, etc.

same thing with the mbz.
i think thats your best bet because alll those young kids working as drivers at the service dept is like valets, somethings bound to happen.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:17 AM

2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
Sorry to hear about what happened. Sounds like the dealer wants to make it right.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:18 AM

oh forgot to mention. see if u can score a CPO out of it.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:48 AM

germans
Thanks for all the great advice. I think it would be irresponsible on my part to ask for unreasonable items. They do want to make it right and I think asking for services or oil changes would be fair.
The car has to be repainted for sure becasue it has yellow paint all over the damaged area.
Honolulu only has one dealership so I will ask for the bodyshop of my choice.
Everyone at the dealership knows me well becasue I seem to casue a "****- storm" everytime I go there. Me and the SA have a solid relationship, so he is always taking care of me and I'm confident he will.
I guess I will have them fix it and next time they will be more **** when handling my car. I just won't ever see it as being flawless anymore
Old 06-13-2008, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
A generous extended warranty would be nice... and relates directly to the damage (and any potential latent damage) caused.

If they will buy the car back at full retail think thats unfortunately your best way out here... all depends how much you still want your baby... err beast.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:56 AM
Esh

E55
I just won't ever see it as being flawless anymore
Perhaps the best words to describe the feeling of the situation. No compensation short of a brand new car will fix this.

I did not buy my car new and thus knew it had very minor imperfections. I am struggling right now with whether or not to perfect them as best I can or just deal with it. After all, I chose to save on my first AMG before diving into a new/er one. What may appear perfect to outsiders is not perfect to the one that drives it all the time.

Every time you see that panel it will remind you of what happened.

Every time I saw the front bumper of my last vehicle I was reminded of the memory of one of my best friends rear ending a Black Jetta. The front bumper looked flawless but I knew what was there.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Thanks for all the great advice. I think it would be irresponsible on my part to ask for unreasonable items. They do want to make it right and I think asking for services or oil changes would be fair.
The car has to be repainted for sure becasue it has yellow paint all over the damaged area.
Honolulu only has one dealership so I will ask for the bodyshop of my choice.
Everyone at the dealership knows me well becasue I seem to casue a "****- storm" everytime I go there. Me and the SA have a solid relationship, so he is always taking care of me and I'm confident he will.
I guess I will have them fix it and next time they will be more **** when handling my car. I just won't ever see it as being flawless anymore
Well I hope the DipSh*t that did this to your car was fired. Cause if he treated your car that way he probably treats them all that way!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:35 AM

CTS-V
The general manager admitted full guilt and asured me that he would do what ever it took to satisfy me including paying the remainder of the loan or the value of the car, whichever is greater.
Take my advice: Get this in writing.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:53 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
+100,000,000,000,000,000

They will weasel out of it if/when it starts to look like making you happy is going to cost too much money. When you hit that point, everything's off the table and they will start lying about what they said to you...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
+1000000

You should get all this in writing in case things go sour later.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
1997 E420
That sounds quite fair -- essentially paying you fair market value for an undamaged car PLUS you get to keep the car? I'd take that. Or is this an offer to buy back the car?

Last edited by CA_Tallguy; 06-13-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:12 PM

'81 Mondial 8
Originally Posted by CA_Tallguy
That sounds quite fair -- essentially paying you fair market value for an undamaged car PLUS you get to keep the car? I'd take that. Or is this an offer to buy back the car?
Yep - I would take fair market value for the car right now and be done with it. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it may cost you when trying to sell/trade it in down the road. Diminished value is an over-used term, but I think it probably applies here.

EDIT: I didn't read your post close enough. I assumed that they were offering to buy back the car from him.

Last edited by RAVEN_CTS-V; 06-13-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:05 PM

i would seriously consider the fair market value buyback if u can negotiate a comfortable and worthwhile number for you.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
2 minutes after I first read this thread I got a call from Beverly Hills MB... They crashed my car. They were circling the block to recalibrate my navigation and some ********* ******** ******** ****** ******** made a U turn without looking and ****** up my right side. When I got down there they gave me a crash report and they had a rep from Paulee Body Shop there (Where I would have wanted to take my car anyways. He inspected the car (needs new front passenger door) and told me to go to the body shop tomorrow, where he would have a rental waiting for me. I think they did a good job of taking care of me. Anything else those ******** ******** **** should have done after ******** ******* my car????? When I sat in it I felt like I was getting into bed with a cheap ***** with visible bullet wounds. ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************
Old 06-13-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
I think I'd be happier if my wife of 5 years and 2 children cheated on me by giving my brother a rim*** and then coming home and kissing me. %^&%*&%* )(*$%^#%^ c&&()&()&( FFFF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unbelievable...dealer wrecks my car