WHAT? NO FONTANA TRASH TALK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by E55JAY
Brad congrats nice runs....I dont think anyone would doubt a 55K on spray would beat a Z06, without the NOS is a different story.

edit: haha Albert we made this post at the same time, great minds think alike
I don't get how a story about beating a ZO6 on motor turned into no 55k or Merc can beat a ZO6.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by otoupalik

The Z06 was not stock. According to what they told Simon and Gary it had mods. Maybe even header, but definitely software and exhaust. Who knows what else.

Thanks
Brad
i stand corrected sorry for the assumption. But the Zo6 Jangy walked in his street race wasnt stock either..... OK ill stop pickin on you guys with the Z06 issue
Old 06-14-2008, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by rflow306
I don't get how a story about beating a ZO6 on motor turned into no 55k or Merc can beat a ZO6.
Did you read the whole thread. It was not me who morphed it, but there were a few Z06 owners on this forum that made those comments.

For me, I believe that any car can beat any car on any given day.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Did you read the whole thread. It was not me who morphed it, but there were a few Z06 owners on this forum that made those comments.

For me, I believe that any car can beat any car on any given day.
Yes I read the whole thread. Nos was never mentioned in the thread. A modded 55k motor on nos will pull on a lightly modded ZO6 with-out a problem, at least from my experience with my car.

What did the sl55 run off the Spray ?
Old 06-14-2008, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Founder

What was said was that a MBZ will not beat a Z06.

This is getting off thread, so my last comment is this. The CLK63 BS in that thread is faster then this SL55 on NOS. So if this car beats a Z06, then use the transitive property and you easily see that the CLK63 BS would also beat the Z06.

Agian, lets get back on topic.

thanks
brad
Old 06-14-2008, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Off thread , the name of the thread is What? No Fantana Trash Talk. Pretty broad scope- Trash talk .

So once again what did the sl55 run off spray ? The same sl55 that was at Fontana.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Founder

It doesn't run off spray. The owner likes the spray too much.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Man, What a great time. Jangster good to see you again. Josh I will hire you as a salesman you are good Over all with the heat I feel we all did great. It was nice to see some new faces Mo was very much missed, he is the Team AMG Leader. Hope you fell better , it's just not the same with out you bro. Jangy , you should run for President cuz you sure do keep the sh2T GOING LOL.LOL. By the way the 63's still out trap you.. I don't care what the others say , I think you're great. lol
Old 06-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
By the way the 63's still out trap you
Not for long. I am sure heat was killing Jangy on the top end.

HE upgrade is coming up.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Off thread , the name of the thread is What? No Fantana Trash Talk. Pretty broad scope- Trash talk .

So once again what did the sl55 run off spray ? The same sl55 that was at Fontana.
There were two SL 55's one stage 5 off the juice ran 12.1x about 10 times at 115-116.

The Sprayed 55 was trapping similarly to a heavily modded Z. I saw that Black Z06 in the Video trap 128 mph , thats a hell of a fast Z considering 90 degrees. I was very impressed with the 127 based on never seeing a 125 mph trap not even from Ben in Sacramento on his SL 65.

Seeing 127 was weird from a benz at Fontana, I was suprised . I have seen better ET's.11.20-11.40's. Looks like the Evosport car should ship out to MIR NOV 15th.

118.75 was the top Stage 5 trap of the day from Ed's Stage 5 E 55,

I dont see how Jangy could of hit 116 ??? Jangy you sure your car that was hitting 110-112 suddenly trapped 116? Where is the proof of you beatinmg the Z06? LOL.. Victory Yellow HA!!!!!

BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT was GREG COTTON attaining his Super Gas competition License.

9.90 @ 143 MPH , LOL guy said his 63 was never gonna be fast enough. CONGRATS TO GREG gE63

Last edited by juicee63; 06-14-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
HAHA!! Ok, I'll pick up where Brad left off. Let me clear up a few things. Not all of the info has been posted. It turns out that the Corvette that I smoked was indeed a Z06. To be sure that our sceptics would stay out of the excuses arena, we have slips, pictures of the car, etc. Now, for the modded one. Even it couldn't break a 2.0 second 60' (why would leaf spring be able to?) and the 55K cars with DRs were all in the 1.8s. I have no clue what nitrous does, but I'd think that the EVO SL would do better with a proper launch.

Whoever loves the Z06 forum, please go listen for the excuses because they all got spanked. The tricked out one got two runs against Ed's E55K and won one and lost one, so I'm not really sure where all this worship comes from.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by juicee63
I dont see how Jangy could of hit 116 ??? Jangy you sure your car that was hitting 110-112 suddenly trapped 116?

I keep telling you guys, you can try for whichever number you want. Here is the run I had against Ed (so, he should have the same slip). My car was number 54 and Ed's was 50 by the way. RT:.636, 60': 2.210, 1/8th: 8.441, MPH: 89.38, 1/4: 12.713, MPH: 116.40, time: 4:50 pm.
You wanna know how I got that? I spun my *** off the start (that is why bad 60'), but when the car caught I still had lots of room to build up speed. So, my trap times went up significantly and my time to distances went up. I only did that run to make sure that my car beat yours on the trap, since you kept talking trap speeds. You tell me what matters and I'll make sure my car takes yours everytime

Where is the proof of you beatinmg the Z06? LOL.. Victory Yellow HA!!!!!
Calling car #54. Car #54 to the lobby, please!! You were onbe of the moles, so please do speak up. The evidence is only to be used when the talk gets interesting....

BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT was GREG COTTON attaining his Super Gas competition License.

9.90 @ 143 MPH , LOL guy said his 63 was never gonna be fast enough. CONGRATS TO GREG gE63
g has one nice setup. The car is pretty trick and the one pic he posted doesn't tell anything. Also, that trailer that came with it is a party machine!!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by jangy
HAHA!! Ok, I'll pick up where Brad left off. Let me clear up a few things. Not all of the info has been posted. It turns out that the Corvette that I smoked was indeed a Z06. To be sure that our sceptics would stay out of the excuses arena, we have slips, pictures of the car, etc. Now, for the modded one. Even it couldn't break a 2.0 second 60' (why would leaf spring be able to?) and the 55K cars with DRs were all in the 1.8s. I have no clue what nitrous does, but I'd think that the EVO SL would do better with a proper launch.

Whoever loves the Z06 forum, please go listen for the excuses because they all got spanked. The tricked out one got two runs against Ed's E55K and won one and lost one, so I'm not really sure where all this worship comes from.
Wow 2.0 60ft and it still ran 11.80's and your e55 ran 1.8's on Dr's and ran 12.30's. I applaud you for still talking smack after a performance like that.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance

there is quite a difference between worship and respect. I can speak for myself and i think i can speak for Albert/Rflow that we respect the performance the ZO6 delivers in stock form and thats what seems to be missing here. I can also speak for myself in that if i worshiped one I would acquire it if that was indeed the case, but its not. I am a 1/4 mile and HP nut, and when it comes to that arena I tip my hat to such an amazing vehicle relative the number I have seen it achieve with my own eyes. Now you can run around with your AMG rose colored glasses on all you want, but the bottom line is that the modded Z06 at the same track and same day out trapped you by over 10 mph. Do you understand what that means If i worshiped this car i would be here making excuses for its paltry 2.0 60ft, sh*t even i ran a 1.89 myself last night on street tires with ESP on. I can assure that if you knew me there isnt a more hard core Benz HP guy, im nuts, ask your buddy Josh.
To say the Z06's got spanked that day and how you "smoked" a Z06 is a joke my friend and shear arrogance. If I EVER ran a 112mph in an E55 modded such as yours id find the first tree and slam my car into and claim insurance, you should be down right embarrassed in my opinion. Sorry for the rant, its by no means personal, but you need a wake up call.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
there is quite a difference between worship and respect. I can speak for myself and i think i can speak for Albert/Rflow that we respect the performance the ZO6 delivers in stock form and thats what seems to be missing here. I can also speak for myself in that if i worshiped one I would acquire it if that was indeed the case, but its not. I am a 1/4 mile and HP nut, and when it comes to that arena I tip my hat to such an amazing vehicle relative the number I have seen it achieve with my own eyes. Now you can run around with your AMG rose colored glasses on all you want, but the bottom line is that the modded Z06 at the same track and same day out trapped you by over 10 mph. Do you understand what that means If i worshiped this car i would be here making excuses for its paltry 2.0 60ft, sh*t even i ran a 1.89 myself last night on street tires with ESP on. I can assure that if you knew me there isnt a more hard core Benz HP guy, im nuts, ask your buddy Josh.
To say the Z06's got spanked that day and how you "smoked" a Z06 is a joke my friend and shear arrogance. If I EVER ran a 112mph in an E55 modded such as yours id find the first tree and slam my car into and claim insurance, you should be down right embarrassed in my opinion. Sorry for the rant, its by no means personal, but you need a wake up call.
I disagree Jay
I would set mine on fire.

All joking aside
A ZO6 or any corvette has never appealed to me so purchasing one is out of the question for me. With that aside the car is currently one of the fastest cars right from the get go and they respond very well to mods. My point is you can dislike something and still admit it's strengths.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Wow 2.0 60ft and it still ran 11.80's and your e55 ran 1.8's on Dr's and ran 12.30's. I applaud you for still talking smack after a performance like that.
Are you serious?

Let's just be clear. So, you are saying that a highly modded C6 Z06 should be happy with a 2.0 60 and especially an 11.80 et? On the same day and track and everything that a stage 4 E55 (Ed's) ran an 11.99?

You can twist it all you want. there were witnesses and there is footage of a nearly stock Z06 getting SPANKED by my car. When he finally did cross the line, he was going 10mph faster than I was, but I thought the object was to be fastest in the 1/4 mile?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

I don't need a wake up call. i was there and I know. I didn't take it personal, but you did. We are on an MB forum and there's been lots of talk about these amazing vettes and how they are untouchable, especially if modded. The idea that ANY E55 (including stage 5s) could touch a Z06 was questioned. So, the fact that I beat one in the 1/4 mile does mean "smoked", wooped, whatever you want to call it. It was consistent with all of the Z06s and AMGs all day.
You say you know Josh. Then, instead of having him verify that you are nuts, hows about you ask him to post what really happened here?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
With that aside the car is currently one of the fastest cars right from the get go and they respond very well to mods. My point is you can dislike something and still admit it's strengths.
The discussions we are having are over relative differences, not overall. Sure, it is a fast car, so what? We are at the nitty gritty here and the strength brought up has always been overexagerated (IMO). that is what I meant by worshippers. It is better than saying you don't know better, isn't it?

Again, a highly modded Z06 ran all of 2/10ths faster than a stage 4 E55. So, assuming that they mod well (which i agree with) what does that say for the stock car?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Are you serious?

Let's just be clear. So, you are saying that a highly modded C6 Z06 should be happy with a 2.0 60 and especially an 11.80 et? On the same day and track and everything that a stage 4 E55 (Ed's) ran an 11.99?

You can twist it all you want. there were witnesses and there is footage of a nearly stock Z06 getting SPANKED by my car. When he finally did cross the line, he was going 10mph faster than I was, but I thought the object was to be fastest in the 1/4 mile?
I thought I was being clear stage 4 e55 118 trap speed, modded ZO6 125+, Jangy Stage ? 112 mph trap speed.

?= I think I have a tb, ecu and pulley, headers were off.

You are the one that claimed they are slow from a role.
BTW you are correct the car that crosses first wins the race which is why if you look at the evosl55 slip it says right first by .1789 and it got whooped by the ZO6.

By all means please show us the time slip of your heads up ZO6 race.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I thought I was being clear stage 4 e55 118 trap speed, modded ZO6 125+, Jangy Stage ? 112 mph trap speed.

tb, ecu, pulley is correct. I always knew they would trap higher, but again isn't the goal time to distance?

?= I think I have a tb, ecu and pulley, headers were off.

You are the one that claimed they are slow from a role.
Nah, actually I just posted that the one that I played with was slower than I thought it would be BASED on the feedback I had read here. I actually respect the comments of some, yourself included. I literally expected to have my rear handed to me and that didn't happen. Again, yesterday at the track the Z06s and the AMGs were somewhat comparable. That really is the entire point.

BTW you are correct the car that crosses first wins the race which is why if you look at the evosl55 slip it says right first by .1789 and it got whooped by the ZO6.

Now, lets be clear. Are you saying that you are willing to factor in R/T and call the winner the one that "crosses first"? If so, I have some about 10 slips to post, cause I play the tree EVERYTIME (learned it from Rick). he and I are the only ones at Fontucky that draw red-lights.

By all means please show us the time slip of your heads up ZO6 race.
Why? You don't believe it? Will it matter? Will you change your mind? This is meaningless.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
When he finally did cross the line, he was going 10mph faster than I was, but I thought the object was to be fastest in the 1/4 mile?
you need to reread what you just wrote, and if you dont get it well you just dont get it. Josh this guy needs some remedial work in understanding the data.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
you need to reread what you just wrote, and if you dont get it well you just dont get it. Josh this guy needs some remedial work in understanding the data.
So what if he trapped higher? Look in my previous post and you'll see I was able to gain 4MPH on my trap speed but it hurt my ET. I understand that there are many factors that you can look at to figure tunes and performance out, but hwat is the onesingle factor that defines a win in this sport?

I'm not into playing well or looking good. Would I win a half mile race? Of course not, but the name of the game is quarter mile, no?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
So what if he trapped higher?
again if you dont get it you just dont get it. You arent even making sense at this point and are far from qualified in the basics to make any statements, just my .02
Old 06-14-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Sorry Jangy but Improv was spot on about you. The perfect definition of flipflop.

Please keep us posted on any future record setting runs. You are starting to give VRP a bad rap.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
again if you dont get it you just dont get it. You arent even making sense at this point and are far from qualified in the basics to make any statements, just my .02
Qualified? Is there a degree in vettehood? Love yourself somewhere else. About the only input Josh can give here is to clarify how much I hate drag racing. I enjoy the actual participation, but have never claimed to know anything about the NHRA rules.

Why don't you teach me instead of just trying to belittle?

Lastly, what part of "name the metric that determines a win?" do you not get? Just answer the question.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WHAT? NO FONTANA TRASH TALK?