Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 forum...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by anthony d
it's not so much that they are biased against newcomers, they are just biased against stupid questions.
Amen brother

The C63 seems to attract an entirely different crowd as compared to the other AMG's;and it has nothing to do with it being an "entry level" AMG either....I visit each of the AMG forums here&that one by far has some of the most "entertaining" threads of this entire site.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:22 PM

'81 Mondial 8
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Amen brother

The C63 seems to attract an entirely different crowd as compared to the other AMG's;and it has nothing to do with it being an "entry level" AMG either....I visit each of the AMG forums here&that one by far has some of the most "entertaining" threads of this entire site.
Hey - that's cool. It's exactly what I said :
It's funny that you guys are biased against newcomers to the MB [and AMG] world - just for asking some dumb questions.
From an outsider looking in [me being in the market for an AMG car for the first time], it looks like snobbery. I may be totally off base - just an observation .
Old 06-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by RAVEN_CTS-V
Hey - that's cool. It's exactly what I said :

From an outsider looking in [me being in the market for an AMG car for the first time], it looks like snobbery. I may be totally off base - just an observation .
Hang out in the W211 forum here& you will see it's quite different
Old 06-15-2008, 08:34 PM

'81 Mondial 8
Hang out in the W211 forum here& you will see it's quite different

The W211 forum is definitely the one I read most, and relate best to most of the members. I do read the C63 posts, as well - because I am interested in the car - and there is certainly a difference in the quality of posts. I just think it's to be expected.

I will have an '09 CTS-V or an E63 this fall. Either way, I'll still be hanging around this forum; I love these cars, and this forum is a good one!.

EDIT: I also love the CLS63, but would prefer the E.

Last edited by RAVEN_CTS-V; 06-15-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Anybody actually read some of the threads posted there???

"What color car should I get?"
"Is my gas cap really plastic?"
"Should I wear my seatbelt?"
"Will nitrogen in my tires make me faster?"
"Should I run 140 octane gas?"
"My C63 has a 6.3liter engine not 6.2"
etc add nauseum

Sweet Jesus
Old 06-16-2008, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
There are definitely a lot of clowns on that board, a lot of people posting who don't even have C63's but pretend they do, and a lot of people claiming their cars can beat this and that when all they've really found to race was their cousin's civic hatchback. I threw down my gauntlet a week ago, asking any takers to come race me in my M5. No bites, not even a response. They must know deep down that if their car is even with the M3, it ain't gonna hack it on the highway against the M5.

C63= Fisher Price, My First AMG

I'm chomping at the bit for a "Can I run Diesel Fuel?" thread

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 06-16-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:20 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head

I have to disagree with you here on this statement. The C63 may be my 3rd AMG. There are very silly comparisons and comments on that thread and I do have to hold my self back from posting, but it is exciting to see this car bring so many newcomers to the AMG brand. We all have to start some place.

If you are not new to AMG's and have actually had a chance to really drive this car you would never say the C63 is a toy.

Shelle
Old 06-16-2008, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ShelleE55
I have to disagree with you here on this statement. The C63 may be my 3rd AMG. There are very silly comparisons and comments on that thread and I do have to hold my self back from posting, but it is exciting to see this car bring so many newcomers to the AMG brand. We all have to start some place.

If you are not new to AMG's and have actually had a chance to really drive this car you would never say the C63 is a toy.

Shelle
Okay, that's you, and you're downsizing, which is rather uncommon yes? 90% of the buyers for this car are going to be purchasing their first AMG. You're the exception to the rule, not the norm. Besides at this point it's an inside joke between a few other forum members and I.

And I never directly said it was a toy, but most of the new drivers still play with toys judging by their grammar.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
There are definitely a lot of clowns on that board, a lot of people posting who don't even have C63's but pretend they do, and a lot of people claiming their cars can beat this and that when all they've really found to race was their cousin's civic hatchback. I threw down my gauntlet a week ago, asking any takers to come race me in my M5. No bites, not even a response. They must know deep down that if their car is even with the M3, it ain't gonna hack it on the highway against the M5.

I'm chomping at the bit for a "Can I run Diesel Fuel?" thread

I dont know why you picking on C63 owners... as I said most of them just over excited to get their cars...

AS to will it stick to M5 on the street? Yes it Will... from traffic light it will give many many cars a tough time... this car has alot of potential too!! Many people will unlock 525 hp from it under a thousand dollars...( Dont give me stock vs Modded as this engine is made to produce 525 hp) and I'm gonna be the first one to race 2 of my friends M5 and let you know how it went even if I loose.

I'm not saying its the best car or better than e55 or M5... its good in its own way. And you always trying to bring it down for some unknown reason.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM

08 E63
Okay, that's you, and you're downsizing, which is rather uncommon yes? 90% of the buyers for this car are going to be purchasing their first AMG. You're the exception to the rule, not the norm. Besides at this point it's an inside joke between a few other forum members and I.

And I never directly said it was a toy, but most of the new drivers still play with toys judging by their grammar.
Sorry, I am not sure how else one would interpret C63=Fisher Price

Yes I am the exception however for me C63 + dedicated track car = Upgrade
Old 06-16-2008, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ShelleE55
Sorry, I am not sure how else one would interpret C63=Fisher Price
As he said, it's just a joke between a few members just using the Fisher Price slogan. If you read his posts, he likes the C63 a lot, it's a good little car. The issue is with many of the teenaged posters on the C63 forum.

Bobcanada- excitement is fine, it's just some of the posters are incapable of constructing coherent sentences.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
As he said, it's just a joke between a few members just using the Fisher Price slogan. If you read his posts, he likes the C63 a lot, it's a good little car. The issue is with many of the teenaged posters on the C63 forum.

Bobcanada- excitement is fine, it's just some of the posters are incapable of constructing coherent sentences.
Show many at least few forums which wont have teenagers or trollers. Its a usual mixture
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM

'05 C55
ANY new car forum is going to have its share of amusing posts. When CorvetteForum.com started there were an immense amount of posts regarding what aftermarket floor mats are you purchasing... I am in no way new to performance nor was I "downsizing" and yet I sold my E63 to purchase a C63. This is my 5th AMG Benz and I have no regrets buying this car. If you own an E55 or E63 and had the opportunity to drive the C63, you might understand and appreciate what that car has to offer that yours does not. No, this car does not have the "cushy" ride of my '04 E55 or '07 E63 but it handles AND brakes exactly how I want it to. Something only my prior C55 could do. The C63 is not as fast as my E55 (modded - 457 RWHP) was nor is it as quick as the E63 from a roll but it will be right close to it. From a dead stop on street tires, I would put the C63 up against an M5 as the M5 has no ***** down low and it will lose in a 0 - 60 sprint. Up high the C63 (380 RWHP) has no chance and neither did my E63 (412 RWHP) vs. the M5. The M5 is just plain fast up top as I have driven my friends M5 and it will take more than a few mods to out run it from a freeway roll. The "Fisher Price" comment is ridiculous and in no way represents the C63 owner.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:36 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by E63PWR
ANY new car forum is going to have its share of amusing posts. When CorvetteForum.com started there were an immense amount of posts regarding what aftermarket floor mats are you purchasing... I am in no way new to performance nor was I "downsizing" and yet I sold my E63 to purchase a C63. This is my 5th AMG Benz and I have no regrets buying this car. If you own an E55 or E63 and had the opportunity to drive the C63, you might understand and appreciate what that car has to offer that yours does not. No, this car does not have the "cushy" ride of my '04 E55 or '07 E63 but it handles AND brakes exactly how I want it to. Something only my prior C55 could do. ... The "Fisher Price" comment is ridiculous and in no way represents the C63 owner.
Nicely put.
I miss my E55, I love my E63 but I can not wait to get a C63. Bigger does not always mean better so while you and I appear to be the exception, people who don't understand may consider this "downsizing" for me it is right sizing! I have street time and a ton of track time in all 3 cars so I can't wait to have the C63 as a daily driver! My sales rep at MB who at any given time has couple of AMG in his car line up in addition to a P Turbo.. has a C63 on order..

Last edited by ShelleE55; 06-17-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E63PWR
The "Fisher Price" comment is ridiculous and in no way represents the C63 owner.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. One look at any of the threads in that forum and you'll see a bunch of teenagers whining about how track times vs. the M3 are unfair and asking what kind of gas (wtf???) to use. Bench racing abounds, immature drivers are getting tickets for doing well over 100mph and driving recklessly, and the grammar is nothing short of Ellis Island awful.

I'm not saying it's all of you, but it's many of you. Same thing can be said about M3 drivers any day. Don't get all butthurt about it, talk to the people in there and lead them away from their own ignorance. If anyone's giving you a bad name, it's them.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM

C63 AMG
This thread bugs me and I know I shouldn’t let it. You guys make it sound like you think that the wrong crowd is moving into the neighborhood. Some of the comments make it sound like you think the C63 is some cheapo, plasticky, less than your normal AMG. The “Fischer Price” comment sums up that sentiment, even if it’s half in jest. I know a lot of you guys are old time AMG purists. I’m a newcomer, but I beg to differ. Yes the car appeals to a different crowd, likely mostly younger that’s true. There is interest from people not previously drawn to the AMG brand. I’d count myself in that category. I think there IS a different group lusting after the C63 that doesn’t lust after other AMGs (except perhaps the CLK63 BS), which is a good thing. I also think people tend to get upset when they perceive a brand as moving down market. Granted, the C63 is at a lower price point, but I just don’t see that as diluting the brand. Look at the BMW side. What is the M-car series without the fabled M3? M3’s price point doesn’t dilute the M-car image. Isn’t the C63 at the M3 price point? Stuff like that just doesn’t happen w/o lots of thought. AMG wants more of the M-car BMW turf; BMW wants more of Porsche’s turf. Look at the Rahal Letterman effort. To me it’s clear the the M3 brand is the focus of attack for the C63. And, what better than to use the the C-class car which is campaigned in the DTM series. So what is the C63? It’s not a dragster, though I see a lot of people focus on ¼ mi times. It’s not a lux-GT car, it’s interior is too austere, seats too racy. No lux-GT = E63 (I guess). The C63 is closest thing to a german sports car, that AMG can build, that will run well on a road circuit in the form of a sedan. So, chill on the disparaging, big brothers. What do you want guys? It’s a new board. People are lusting after the car. Cut the pretenders some slack. Hopefully, you’ll find that the C63 will also attract a different and differently informed crowd than you’ve seen thus far.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Familycar- You're misreading the Fisher Price comment entirely. We're not making fun of the build quality or the materials used in the car, we're poking at the jubilant kids now buying them. Where before an AMG was entirely inaccessable to these kids, and they all had to drive M3's, now there's a new thing to differentiate them in the high school parking lot.

We're more poking fun at the ridiculous banter you see in that forum, the incessant jaw-jacking about how this and that are unfair and what materials the stupid gas caps are made out of. The rumors, the fallacies, the mis- and dis- information and the fakers and posers that abound.

Yes there will be respectable adults who want a great car that isn't as gigantic (at least dimension-wise as the weight is nearly identical to the E) as the other AMG's. We're not knocking the C63, I think it's an awesome package. We're knocking the kids whose daddies are buying them.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Familycar
This thread bugs me and I know I shouldn’t let it. You guys make it sound like you think that the wrong crowd is moving into the neighborhood. Some of the comments make it sound like you think the C63 is some cheapo, plasticky, less than your normal AMG. The “Fischer Price” comment sums up that sentiment, even if it’s half in jest. I know a lot of you guys are old time AMG purists. I’m a newcomer, but I beg to differ. Yes the car appeals to a different crowd, likely mostly younger that’s true. There is interest from people not previously drawn to the AMG brand. I’d count myself in that category. I think there IS a different group lusting after the C63 that doesn’t lust after other AMGs (except perhaps the CLK63 BS), which is a good thing. I also think people tend to get upset when they perceive a brand as moving down market. Granted, the C63 is at a lower price point, but I just don’t see that as diluting the brand. Look at the BMW side. What is the M-car series without the fabled M3? M3’s price point doesn’t dilute the M-car image. Isn’t the C63 at the M3 price point? Stuff like that just doesn’t happen w/o lots of thought. AMG wants more of the M-car BMW turf; BMW wants more of Porsche’s turf. Look at the Rahal Letterman effort. To me it’s clear the the M3 brand is the focus of attack for the C63. And, what better than to use the the C-class car which is campaigned in the DTM series. So what is the C63? It’s not a dragster, though I see a lot of people focus on ¼ mi times. It’s not a lux-GT car, it’s interior is too austere, seats too racy. No lux-GT = E63 (I guess). The C63 is closest thing to a german sports car, that AMG can build, that will run well on a road circuit in the form of a sedan. So, chill on the disparaging, big brothers. What do you want guys? It’s a new board. People are lusting after the car. Cut the pretenders some slack. Hopefully, you’ll find that the C63 will also attract a different and differently informed crowd than you’ve seen thus far.
I don't think it's a "moving down market" lament; MB did that a long time ago with the W201 190E. And later the infamous C230 Coupe.

As for diluting the brand, well that's got nothing much to do with the C63 either. It's the little things ........ like the grille-mounted MB star, once the exclusive badge of upper-end SLs and SECs aka CLs, now stamped as default on what is the cheapest MB sold in the US. And the C230 coupe.

And Fisher Price is, IIRC, a comment on the cheap, plastic nature of some of the tweener owners and wannabes, not the car.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:42 PM

C63 AMG
Makes sense. Not well versed in the finer details of AMG history.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by anthony d
some of those people are really special...
Old 06-18-2008, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Anybody actually read some of the threads posted there???

"What color car should I get?"
"Is my gas cap really plastic?"
"Should I wear my seatbelt?"
"Will nitrogen in my tires make me faster?"
"Should I run 140 octane gas?"
"My C63 has a 6.3liter engine not 6.2"
etc add nauseum

Sweet Jesus
A: Ya, I think the (ultra rare)6.3 was designed to run only on 140-150 octane.

A: Ya, you better wear your seatbelt, because if your knowledge of your car is any indication of your driving skills the seat belt is gonna come in very handy. I'd probably invest in a helmet too.

A: Plastic gas cap? You better bring it back to the dealer, it should have come with a billet aluminum one, the 140 octane fuel will melt an ordinary plastic one.

A: Nitrogen filled tires are good, but NO2 in the tires will make it even faster....and funnier!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:13 PM

Merc Eclass AMG
C gets no respect but should

Im just thinking aloud
but after talking with alot of the AMG and Mercedes engineers
and test driving the C63, the thing is that MErcedes developed the new C class from the ground up, for the first time in its history with CATIA
computer aided design, the same program that Boeing used to invent the 777
and C17 tankers, and so, its really revolutionary, new, and uses all new parts,
chasis design, layout, interior, electronics, and mercedes people told me this was a test platform to carry over to the new model changes in 2010
including the E class will be heavily based on the current C technology.

this includes the engine and exhaust technologies, interior, electronics,
chasis, layout etc.. and will carry on through the line, to some degree or another.. to other models as well...

it is also the first AMG model to be co designed by AMG and MERC, and AMG designed the engine and other parts from the ground up, rather than the past where they were handed a base engine and car and merely tweaked it..

this has also been mentioned many times by car industry experts such as
Road and Track, TOP Gear, CAR, MOTOR WEEK etc..
and they AMG engineers also tout the new abilities of handling, and such using the C 63 in their AMG test training courses etc like in FINLAND,
and throught europe including the artic circle sliding around on a frozen lake with it at 120 mph lol

so that all said it is a pretty big change and welcomed by many and seems to be a pretty good car that the new W212 will be largely similiar to.. just with more of it..

so I figure we should embrace MErcedes and AMG's great effort to really come up with a ground up new design, instead of the last 10 years where they have been merely tweaking existing platforms.

lets hope it goes as well as it seems to be going with the C 63, as all the auto press seems to luv and car.. and its winning alot of awards so far..

just my expierence but seems to be true

keep our fingers crossed the best new features make it onto the w212
and the lesser features dont lol
Old 06-18-2008, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by UBERKAR

Im just thinking aloud
but after talking with alot of the AMG and Mercedes engineers
and test driving the C63, the thing is that MErcedes developed the new C class from the ground up, for the first time in its history with CATIA
computer aided design, the same program that Boeing used to invent the 777
and C17 tankers, and so, its really revolutionary, new, and uses all new parts,
chasis design, layout, interior, electronics, and mercedes people told me this was a test platform to carry over to the new model changes in 2010
including the E class will be heavily based on the current C technology.

this includes the engine and exhaust technologies, interior, electronics,
chasis, layout etc.. and will carry on through the line, to some degree or another.. to other models as well...

it is also the first AMG model to be co designed by AMG and MERC, and AMG designed the engine and other parts from the ground up, rather than the past where they were handed a base engine and car and merely tweaked it..

this has also been mentioned many times by car industry experts such as
Road and Track, TOP Gear, CAR, MOTOR WEEK etc..
and they AMG engineers also tout the new abilities of handling, and such using the C 63 in their AMG test training courses etc like in FINLAND,
and throught europe including the artic circle sliding around on a frozen lake with it at 120 mph lol

so that all said it is a pretty big change and welcomed by many and seems to be a pretty good car that the new W212 will be largely similiar to.. just with more of it..

so I figure we should embrace MErcedes and AMG's great effort to really come up with a ground up new design, instead of the last 10 years where they have been merely tweaking existing platforms.

lets hope it goes as well as it seems to be going with the C 63, as all the auto press seems to luv and car.. and its winning alot of awards so far..

just my expierence but seems to be true

keep our fingers crossed the best new features make it onto the w212
and the lesser features dont lol
You have no credibility. Not a shred of the stuff. Good bye.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Banned

German
Old 06-18-2008, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
every c-class & bmw 3-series board seems to attract the biggest tools & 'tards around. the guy above is a good example.. also check out the circus aka e46fanatics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 forum...