Sponsored by:

WRX STI kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Well I don't step out on my wife at all, happilly married , you are obviously missing the point, wasting my breath. There is a saying if you can't afford it, don't drive it.

Enough talk...get your 4 cyl slush box out and lets do it. I may not show you a 9 sec benz but I will show you a 10 sec one...and trust me It won't be stephen or albert, it will be ME. nuff said, let me know when you ready for it to go down. Don't bring another slush box into this mang, this is between me and your talon...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
If were gonna have a pissing match lets keep it fair. Carl those cars dont run the traps youre claiming with "just a few thousand" Ive run my fair share of fast and slow EVO's and STI's
Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Hmmm. Starting to get interesting. Since I dont know much about rice rockets I cant say which I think will win. But we needs vids when you guys decide to do it. And put some money on it if you're serious. Lol. I just want this to happen. No fun in talking trash if it never happens right?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
If were gonna have a pissing match lets keep it fair. Carl those cars dont run the traps youre claiming with "just a few thousand" Ive run my fair share of fast and slow EVO's and STI's
Jay I agree with you,but to run 11's you will not break the bank. The discussion actually went array when the novice claimed that one would have to spend alot of $$ to get these cars to run 11's at over 120mph.
I'll admit for times below 11.5,you will spend some cash but not compared to my beloved AMG's.
That was my only point.

However now Jody will have to put it where it counts,on the road and we will see what's what when the race is over. I'm also willing to share receipt purchases for each car when it's all said and done.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Well I don't step out on my wife at all, happilly married , you are obviously missing the point, wasting my breath. There is a saying if you can't afford it, don't drive it.

Enough talk...get your 4 cyl slush box out and lets do it. I may not show you a 9 sec benz but I will show you a 10 sec one...and trust me It won't be stephen or albert, it will be ME. nuff said, let me know when you ready for it to go down. Don't bring another slush box into this mang, this is between me and your talon...
First of all no disrespect to your wife at all and I know she's a very good and descent person as are you as well.

I was being very general since you brought up the "chic car comment".
I am very happily married as well as you know. So the car chic thing would not personnally apply here and never has since it was brought and we both personnally know how Dominican women are.

Don't get me wrong,I love your car. But kill the talk, you have to do it on the gravel. Perhaps after the 1/4 mile or Mexico you would like to do it at E-town on the roadrace track of even lime rock or pocono one day. All in fun and perhaps for $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

As to whether I could afford to buy a 65,you would never know that as my priorities are obviously different than yours. If you choose to buy car(frankenstein W210 disaster) after car(C32) after car(E55) after car(CL65),especially since the first W210 disaster you owned ,that's all well and good and certainly your perogative as we see where you like to spend you cash. Been there done that bro. By the way Kudos to ya for having such a nice selection of auto's. Just stop destroying them.

By the way when one uses the the term "slush box",they mean automatic,my ****box is "manual".

Enuff talk,put in all your cooling aparatus(i) and let's just do this!!

Enough talk...get your 4 cyl slush box out and lets do it. I may not show you a 9 sec benz but I will show you a 10 sec one...
Bro this is your problem,don't just say it,let's see you do it. Stop acting like some of the M5 board members and just put it where it counts.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 07-07-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
[QUOTE=ProjectC55;2923472]First of all no disrespect to your wife at all and I know she's a very good and descent person as are you as well.

I was being very general since you brought up the "chic car comment".
I am very happily married as well as you know. So the car chic thing would not personnally apply here and never has since it was brought and we both personnally know how Dominican women are.

Don't get me wrong,I love your car. But kill the talk, you have to do it on the gravel. Perhaps after the 1/4 mile or Mexico you would like to do it at E-town on the roadrace track of even lime rock or pocono one day. All in fun and perhaps for $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

As to whether I could afford to buy a 65,you would never know that as my priorities are obviously different than yours. If you choose to buy car(frankenstein W210 disaster) after car(C32) after car(E55) after car(CL65),especially since the first W210 disaster you owned ,that's all well and good and certainly your perogative as we see where you like to spend you cash. Been there done that bro. By the way Kudos to ya for having such a nice selection of auto's. Just stop destroying them.

By the way when one uses the the term "slush box",they mean automatic,my ****box is "manual".

Enuff talk,put in all your cooling aparatus(i) and let's just do this!!

Enough talk...get your 4 cyl slush box out and lets do it. I may not show you a 9 sec benz but I will show you a 10 sec one...[/QUOTE]Bro this is your problem,don't just say it,let's see you do it. Stop acting like some of the M5 board members and just put it where it counts.
Same here carl no disrespect to your wife or you ...I am done talking, just let me know when we gonna do it in mexico or E-town which I prefer. In terms of money I don't bet, sorry that goes agaisn't everything I believe, we do this for bragging rights and to show you this boat will get you into the 10's. By the way only car i destroyed was the E55 W211 in a stupid road accident, all the others just got bored of. After all those cars you still call me a novice huh...how many must I have over the 6-7 years, trust me I climbed the ladder. E-class, C-class, Japanesse-, back to E-Class and finally the lovely CL. They are not my only priority, I have got many others.

No worries- The 65 will surprise you and will be even able to show you my receipt...
Old 07-07-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
I don't get this argument about 11 sec AMG requiring a lot of upgrades.. A stock SL600 can dip into the 11s and certainly any 65 can run 11s at 120+ stock all day long. Of course an SL65 is the price of about 6 or 7 STIs. A forum member has a CL600 with a some upgrades running in the 10s already without juice.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I don't get this argument about 11 sec AMG requiring a lot of upgrades.. A stock SL600 can dip into the 11s and certainly any 65 can run 11s at 120+ stock all day long. Of course an SL65 is the price of about 6 or 7 STIs. A forum member has a CL600 with a some upgrades running in the 10s already without juice.
Thank You. The member running 10's is JayCL600, he is the one helping me get good numbers and unlock some of the hidden mysteries of the V12 engine. My car is stock, only upgrade I have made are HE pretty much, it ran 11.5 at 120+ here is the proof. The weather was 90+ that day...

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t=4c883460.flv

I tried explaining this to Project C55 but I guess the conversation derailed into non productive comments.

I will try explaining to him when I run 10's with a simple ECU tune...

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 07-07-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:04 PM

2005 E55 AMG, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP
everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

mine is simply 95 percent of japanese cars suck. they may be reliable but they dont offer any styling or performance without tuning. there are a couple exceptions.

with an EVO or an STI, i think you attract the young crowd, street racers, fast and the furious wannabees. IMO you will never be taken seriously as a mature successful adult driving a car with a ginormous wing.

fast may be fast but there are other things out there than straight line speed.
for example, i could buy a foxbody mustang for 3k, spend about 3k for intake, exhaust, cams, drag radials, and a new rear end/diff, and i would be running 11s. however, at the end of the day, id still be driving a classess POS thats only fast in a straight line and tops out around 130.

my point is, different strokes for different folks, but i just dont think japanese cars are classy, regrdless of how fast they are. maybe lexus/infinitis larger touring sedans, but thats about it.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I won't bash Japanese cars...or any other country's cars for that matter. I think it is a bit ridiculous to compare a CL/E to an EVO or WRX or any other Japanese car. The fact of the matter is that a CL65 will put down 500hp+ to the wheels without modifications. Yes it costs more....but you also get a number of things with the car that has nothing to do with straightline perfomance including...a very heavy hydraulic dampening suspension (ABC), over a hundred pounds of sound deadening material, heated/cooled massage seats for driver and front passenger, full size spare tire (as I was grateful for last week), electric rear sun-shade, auto closing doors/trunk, 15.4" front and 13.8" rear brakes, double paned glass all around....etc. My point is this...if you wanted to "ruin" the luxurious nature of the CL65...it will run 9's on drag radials...without a dollar spent....just through a weight reduction program.... ok maybe an exaggeration...but how many lbs would you need to chuck off of the 4,600+lbs of girth....with 500+rwhp....and 600+rwTq....to get into the 9's...when the fully laden car will run high 11's...low 12's?

Tom
Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I won't bash Japanese cars...or any other country's cars for that matter. I think it is a bit ridiculous to compare a CL/E to an EVO or WRX or any other Japanese car. The fact of the matter is that a CL65 will put down 500hp+ to the wheels without modifications. Yes it costs more....but you also get a number of things with the car that has nothing to do with straightline perfomance including...a very heavy hydraulic dampening suspension (ABC), over a hundred pounds of sound deadening material, heated/cooled massage seats for driver and front passenger, full size spare tire (as I was grateful for last week), electric rear sun-shade, auto closing doors/trunk, 15.4" front and 13.8" rear brakes, double paned glass all around....etc. My point is this...if you wanted to "ruin" the luxurious nature of the CL65...it will run 9's on drag radials...without a dollar spent....just through a weight reduction program.... ok maybe an exaggeration...but how many lbs would you need to chuck off of the 4,600+lbs of girth....with 500+rwhp....and 600+rwTq....to get into the 9's...when the fully laden car will run high 11's...low 12's?

Tom
With a 1600 lbs weight reduction the car would run 9.70's to 9.90's because of the torque. Traction not with standing of coarse.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by rflow306
With a 1600 lbs weight reduction the car would run 9.70's to 9.90's because of the torque. Traction not with standing of coarse.
All I really want is 10's...the rest I will leave to the Japs..lolI
Old 07-08-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
E63 AMG, E60 M5
Originally Posted by New2this
My buddy and I were riding around in his K4 E55 yesterday, just minding our own business.

Along side of us comes this young kid driving in a brand new WRX STI, still had the paper temp plate.

He comes up along side of us, and gets our attention.

Then he starts weaving thru traffic, and we follow him for a little ways, and then the traffic cleared up, and he was in the left lane, and we were to his right.

We were going about 70.

Then the kid hits it, and we weren't quite sure that he hit it.. But, anyway, my buddy just kept along side of him up to about 110 or so, then we realize that he was on it as much as he had, so my buddy down shifted and hammered it.

We pulled him bad.

At 150 we had him by about 4 lengths.

Added a little excitement to an otherwise mundane day...
I would be embarrased to repeat this story. How old are you??
Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 PM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by New2this
My buddy and I were riding around in his K4 E55 yesterday, just minding our own business.

Along side of us comes this young kid driving in a brand new WRX STI, still had the paper temp plate.

He comes up along side of us, and gets our attention.

Then he starts weaving thru traffic, and we follow him for a little ways, and then the traffic cleared up, and he was in the left lane, and we were to his right.

We were going about 70.

Then the kid hits it, and we weren't quite sure that he hit it.. But, anyway, my buddy just kept along side of him up to about 110 or so, then we realize that he was on it as much as he had, so my buddy down shifted and hammered it.

We pulled him bad.

At 150 we had him by about 4 lengths.

Added a little excitement to an otherwise mundane day...
Sorry but even a stock 335i pulls on STI's, the E55 should do it c mode...