Sponsored by:

Mercedes Service Walnut Creek and Pleasanton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
Mercedes Service Walnut Creek and Pleasanton

I've had terrible luck with my e55 at Mercedes Benz of Walnut Creek (California). I've had nothing but trouble over the past year. It took them five visits to get my iPod installed right. They kept telling me it was OK and it was not. When they changed my tires the scratched the rims. I had them do my tires (rather than Big-O or Wheel Works or something), so that the TPMS would not get screwed up. I called and asked specifically before picking the car up if the TPMS was OK and they said yes. I got there and 3 out of the 4 sensors were broken. They said it was not their fault (the timing was a coincidence???) and my car spent 4 more days in the shop. When I got it back they worked but I had a gash in my left rear wheel! Two weeks ago my "Visit Workshop" light went on with a picture of the airmatic suspension thing. I took it in and they said it was the rear wiring harness. 5 days later I picked it up. Not only was the, "Visit Workshop," light still on, but they had cracked the carbon fiber on my cup holder! They promised to replace it (and then told me it was maple, not carbon fiber, wtf????) so we'll see about that. Back to the shop, and this time they said that the problem was the rear leveling sensor. It was in the shop for a week (SA said that they had to remove the rear suspension to get to it?), I got it back, and on the drive home the car suddenly starts pulling to the right really hard and I hear a rubbing in the back left fender area. I get out and the left suspension had dropped! The left tire was sitting on the wheel well! I went back to the shop and really gave them a piece of my mind. So the car is there again getting fixed (they say that there was a problem with the left rear strut and it needs to be replaced). Too much . Way too many, "Coincidences." The people at the Walnut Creek department are very very nice but I feel like the technicians could not give a sh*t about my car and I'm getting really pissed off.

Hammer Down says that the Pleasanton Mercedes service department is good. Anyone else have any experience with them.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
I bought my E500 back when MB of WC was Stead. Took my car there for service for the 1st year only. Been using MB of Pleasanton ever since. I'm very happy with their service. Rick Cirina's my SA
Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by tbone
I bought my E500 back when MB of WC was Stead. Took my car there for service for the 1st year only. Been using MB of Pleasanton ever since. I'm very happy with their service. Rick Cirina's my SA

Yeah, Rick is a good man, he always ask me about my car and he is not even my SA.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Hammer Down,

Did you happen to know someone at pleasanton named Mark Sprague? I think he use to work there and now he's at Beshoff as the foreman. He's a really cool guy and I look forward to dealing with him. I'm asking only out of curiosity.

Deaded - I share your same feelings with Walnut Creek Mercedes. My CPO had a leaky oil valve cover and the breather cover needed to be resealed. Beshoff took care of these items and I couldn't be happier with their service. As for Walnut Creek, I really think they should evaluate some of their talent there and make some changes...quickly.

Edit - If I remeber correctly Walnut Creek doesn't have loaners available unless you pay for the extra service...not a 100% sure though. At Beshoff my car was in the shop from Friday - Thursday and they gave me a black 2008 E350 as a loaner. Great service at Beshoff...highly recommended.

Last edited by bassn_07; 06-22-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Hammer Down,

Did you happen to know someone at pleasanton named Mark Sprague? I think he use to work there and now he's at Beshoff as the foreman. He's a really cool guy and I look forward to dealing with him. I'm asking only out of curiosity.

Deaded - I share your same feelings with Walnut Creek Mercedes. My CPO had a leaky oil valve cover and the breather cover needed to be resealed. Beshoff took care of these items and I couldn't be happier with their service. As for Walnut Creek, I really think they should evaluate some of their talent there and make some changes...quickly.

Edit - If I remeber correctly Walnut Creek doesn't have loaners available unless you pay for the extra service...not a 100% sure though. At Beshoff my car was in the shop from Friday - Thursday and they gave me a black 2008 E350 as a loaner. Great service at Beshoff...highly recommended.
Beshoff is a one of the largest MB dealerships in Northern Cali. An E350 nice for a loaner, you will only get a C class in pleasanton but to me it doesn't really matter. I have never needed one more than a day anyway. If Beshoff is closer to you then go there, if not and you need a few extra's done let me know
Old 06-23-2008, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Beshoff is a one of the largest MB dealerships in Northern Cali. An E350 nice for a loaner, you will only get a C class in pleasanton but to me it doesn't really matter. I have never needed one more than a day anyway. If Beshoff is closer to you then go there, if not and you need a few extra's done let me know
Thanks Hammer Down - I really appreciate the offer and I'll definietly keep that in mind. This is really a awesome forum, so many people here are willing to help others they never even met...outstanding!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Originally Posted by tbone
I get the same treatment from the other SA's. They know my name even though Rick is my SA.

Regarding the loaners, MB Pleasanton's policy is no more free loaners unless you bought your car there. But, Rick will offer me a free loaner (C class) every once in a while.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e500
I have had work done at Pleasanton and have had a good experience. I'd say give hem a shot.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
walnut

never go to walnut creek. I drove from san jose after finalizing the price on my e63 just to find out that they were changing the lease payment by a 100 bucks more a month. The deal was set and I was going to pick up the car. The Internet sales Manager wouldnt even show his face after the manager jacked up the price.

Never go there, they are a bunch of liars
Old 06-23-2008, 02:59 AM

2003 E55
MB Walnut Creek always gives me a C-class loaner. I don't care that much (except now I've been in it for two weeks). Once they gave me a brand new little Dodge Cobalt. Some 85 year old lady pulled a left turn right in front of me and I completely totaled the car (my first accident ever). Man, that thing krumpled like a Kleenex and I was only going 30mph. I've never seen anything like that. At least nobody got hurt. I called the dealership and they told me where to tow it. They were very cool about it and I got another car.

So Pleasanton does not give loaners? Hmm, that's gonna be a little tough for me.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
deaded - their policy is no loaners, but it really depends on the SA. Why don't you try talking to an SA? Say you'd like to try out Pleasanton service, that you live in WC, but it will be tough w/o a loaner. See what they say.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:17 AM

2003 E55
Yeah, tbone. I'm going to do that. A rental costs 30-40 bucks a day. The thing is that I don't stress about it because I'm not paying for it. If I had to actually pay that much a day on TOP of my service bill I'd be pissed off if they didn't have things done in a day. I definitely have a type-A personality and anything I can do to reduce stress is good. But not if they are fuc*ing up my baby. I think it's good that I don't worry how long they have my car but it's NOT good if they don't get it right. We'll see what happens when I try them in Pleasanton.

Maybe I just have a black cloud hanging over me.

I dunno. I'm getting depressed.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
If you want to travel to Fremont, go to Fletcher Jones and look for Moe. He's my SA and has so far been perfect. FJ gives rental.... but mostly C-class (I saw several E-class last year but no more... and got R-class but don't see them anymore). You need to tell them you want a mercedes loaner... so they could reserve one for you.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Originally Posted by deaded
Yeah, tbone. I'm going to do that. A rental costs 30-40 bucks a day. The thing is that I don't stress about it because I'm not paying for it. If I had to actually pay that much a day on TOP of my service bill I'd be pissed off if they didn't have things done in a day. I definitely have a type-A personality and anything I can do to reduce stress is good. But not if they are fuc*ing up my baby. I think it's good that I don't worry how long they have my car but it's NOT good if they don't get it right. We'll see what happens when I try them in Pleasanton.

Maybe I just have a black cloud hanging over me.

I dunno. I'm getting depressed.
Rick has been good to me in this aspect. I don't mind if I get a loaner car or not as long as they get my car out the same day. There have been a few times where he thought it would be a one-day job, but come the end of the day, he told me they'd need to keep the car overnight. He just told me to come in and he'd have a loaner car waiting for me, on his tab
Good Luck!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 PM

07 BMW X5
Go see Mike at Pleasanton, he is my SA and will take care of you,. Very easy to deal with. I had my car in there maybe 10 times since I've owned it. The only time I ever had a problem is when the bearings were gone on my tensioner and they discovered that I had an after market pulley. But I was able to prove to them it was the tensioner and not the pulley so they replaced it under warranty on the next visit. Funny not sure what's the deal with dealers in the Concord/WC area but I use to own several BMW's and I always had problems with Concord BMW, one time they bent both of my two rear wheels on my 545i and ripped part of my front bumper off telling me I brought the car in that way. Ever since then I started going to Pleasanton BMW and now MB of Pleasanton.

Just rule of thumb, never have any dealer wash your car.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
^ Agreed, Mike is cool, too. I've used him a couple times when Rick's been on vacation. Also agreed to not let them wash your car. They ruined the polish on my wheel one time. They took care of it though - had the wheel re-finished.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:28 PM

e500
+1 for Mike.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:58 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Bought my 05 e55 from mb walnut creek approx 5 months ago. Got the deal I wanted, but will never set foot in that place (purchase / service) again. My 2 cents, Mo at FJ in Fremont.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 PM

2003 E55
Got my car back yesterday after the 4th visit from Walnut Creek. Drove 30 miles and the "Visit Workshop" light came on again!!

G*d Dammit!!! I've had it!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:14 PM

07 BMW X5
Mike or Rick at Pleasanton, C240 loaner. Let them know you had problems at WC.

GL
Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
I'd vouch for Julie at Pleasanton MB. She's an SA that's helped me out a lot and has always provided outstanding service. I have never needed (knock on wood) or asked for a loaner so I'm not sure about that though.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
and its Pleasanton by a knockout!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:35 PM

2003 E55
Yep. Next stop Pleasanton (when I get my car back). As I just replied to WC_MBZ in a PM, the bottom line is that these guys are idiots and obviously don't know this car. I've had enough of them. I love my car but I'll never buy a Mercedes again just because I don't want to have to deal with them. My next car will be a Porsche, Audi, BMW, or Lexus. I just got a call from my service advisor 15 minutes ago. He said that the reason my airmatic suspension light is coming on is because my car was electronicaly lowered. Mind you, this is the 5th time in three weeks I've brought it back for that airmatic light! He says it's not a warranty issue and is going to cost me $650 in labor. I work in the local ER and I *really* hope I have a chance to return the favor one day. ... "Your leg is broken and you want pain medicine? I'm sorry, your insurance only covers tylenol. Morphine will be $15,000. I'll have to call your insurance and I'll get back to you next week; maybe. Oh, I see you have a tattoo. I'm sorry, you never mentioned the tattoo so that voids you health insurance. What, you can't breathe, oh, well, wait here and I'll check your liver for you."
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Mo at FJ in Fremont. He's cleaned up a ton of messes...