Calling out a Sponsor 110 Motoring.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
But do people really expect a vendor to argue with a customer in public?
Yes. Of course we do. If the vendor's case is legit, it will come out, if the customer is right, all will be forewarned.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by sick430
Who is this guy? So you are saying that i am arrogant for the fact that i believe that a sponsor should comment/reply about an accusation made about his company and that not doing so shows a true lack of trustability! OK, that works for me, than i am arrogant!
Not sure what you meant about the "trustablity" statement.

Believing they should make public comments just means you want

Somehow I do not see you accepting "We at Co. XYZ are aware of Mr. W's complain and are working with him to come to a resolution". Expecting more than that makes no sense.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
You did not read my second post yet. Any complaints about a vendor are all fair game. I did not call the OP arrogant for speaking their side of the story.

I do not believe the intent was to cause an argument. I think some serious points are being missed, and was in fact the OP's obligation to report it.

1. This is an LONG outstanding issue with a vendor/sponsor who advertises here.
2. This guy/company could be ripping other off, and this needs to be exposed to warn others.
3. Being called out is not to argue, but to state your case of what happened in a logical, clear manner, that makes sense and not emotional. SLOJOE has done this, and in a professional manner. For the matter, he has been too patient about it.
4. The forum users and it's sponsors has some accountability correct? 110 motors credibility is shot in my eyes and many others here until this situation is resolved. Even at that, an explanation should be given. We as consumers have gotten too lax on customer service that is expected as a whole I think.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Yes. Of course we do. If the vendor's case is legit, it will come out, if the customer is right, all will be forewarned.
Wow. In almost every instance, public finger pointing turns out much worse the trying to resolve things privately.

If you end up taking it to court, you will envariably have statements made online that will hurt you later.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigben320e
I do not believe the intent was to cause an argument. I think some serious points are being missed, and was in fact the OP's obligation to report it.

1. This is an LONG outstanding issue with a vendor/sponsor who advertises here.
2. This guy/company could be ripping other off, and this needs to be exposed to warn others.
3. Being called out is not to argue, but to state your case of what happened in a logical, clear manner, that makes sense and not emotional. SLOJOE has done this, and in a professional manner. For the matter, he has been too patient about it.
4. The forum users and it's sponsors has some accountability correct? 110 motors credibility is shot in my eyes and many others here until this situation is resolved. Even at that, an explanation should be given. We as consumers have gotten too lax on customer service that is expected as a whole I think.

Couldn't agree with you more. SLJOE should expect the vendor to resolve the issue in a timely manner. His posting his frustration on this forum should get 110 off their oss. And yes, 110's credibility is shot.

I just am getting tired of all the people expecting the vendor to dicuss the issue with anyone but SLJOE. SLJOE is the only one who has the right to expect an answer be given him by 110. And 110 should do that, but the crux of my side discussion is my frustration with those who expect a public show. If 110 takes care of SLJOE, he will let us know.

Last edited by Jon2007E63P30; 06-27-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: 101 --> 110 and JOE is not SLO
Old 06-27-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
IT'S 110!!!! Not 101!!!

110!!!!!!!!!!
Whew, I feel better. Carry on.

FIXED
Old 06-27-2008, 12:35 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600

I just am getting tired of all the people expecting the vendor to dicuss the issue with anyone but SLOJOE. SLOJOE is the only one who has the right to expect an answer be given him by 110. And 110 should do that, but the crux of my side discussion is my frustration with those who expect a public show. If 110 takes care of SLOJOE, he will let us know.

That's the thing though...they already had their chance to make it right, 8 months ago.

Then they had an additional opportunity to make it right with each new day that dawned during the 8 months that followed, while SLJOE was being patient (albeit not too smart about the whole thing) by waiting patiently for his refund. By my count, that's 248 missed chances this sponsor blew to make it right without anything becoming public.

At this point, SLJOE not only has every right to post about the situation, but the other members have every right to know about it in the hopes that other potential customers don't get ripped off as well.

Last edited by CWW; 06-27-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

Who said anything about ARGUING ????
Unless of course, the sponsor does not want "the public" to hear the details of a transaction gone wrong. But ask yourself a question, what could possibly prevent a sponsor, FOR SEVEN MONTHS, from making good on a business transaction ?????
I don't think anyone wants to hear an argument - just the FACTS. And the fact that the sponsor in question here will not post up and clear the air wreaks of what I have been trying to warn people of for quite a while. I guess this is what it takes for people to realize the TRUTH.
Now, as far as discussing it privately....Pull your head out of your azz bro. I think private discussions probably ended MONTHS AGO. Do you really expect someone to sit back quietly and get screwed out of his hard earned cash for months ??? Or better yet, allow this sort of business practice to continue and let other members here get screwed ??? I think Joe has been VERY patient and reserved in his posts - and continues to be.
But FACTS speak for themselves.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:01 PM

2012 JDM
Somehow I do not see you accepting "We at Co. XYZ are aware of Mr. W's complain and are working with him to come to a resolution". Expecting more than that makes no sense.
I think VRP has traditionally done a good job in responding to forum threads. Their responses have helped them maintain or even gain credibility.

Keep in mind most of us on the forum have dealt with none or only a handful of the sponsors. This means that what we have to make a judgement based on the collective information we have gathered. If there is a negative post such as this, with no response from the company, it gives the perception of guilt.

In this particular case the "We at company XYZ are aware..." response probably would've worked if the situation was new, but this one wasn't. The OP started this thread after months of waiting, etc. with no luck. It was a warning to the rest of us. Remember when the Eurolites incident went down and suddenly others with issues came out of the woodwork? If they would've spoke up sooner, it might have saved some people time, money, etc.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
One of the reasons why I enjoy MBWorld is the level of disclosure in this site. If someone has a beef with another member or sponsor, we can make it public and hopefully get it resolved in an adult and mature way. Keeping problems private does not solve problems. Case in point is the scammer who tried to sell wheels he didn't have. If we were not alerted by the victims, more people would have lost money.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by tthoang1
One of the reasons why I enjoy MBWorld is the level of disclosure in this site. If someone has a beef with another member or sponsor, we can make it public and hopefully get it resolved in an adult and mature way. Keeping problems private does not solve problems. Case in point is the scammer who tried to sell wheels he didn't have. If we were not alerted by the victims, more people would have lost money.
+1, exactly why I stated the point on post #53 on this thread. I see 110 motoring is reading this thread now as well. Hopefully this will come to a nice ending.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:16 PM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Maybe the money has been spent already and there aren't any funds for the refund? Pure speculation since there isn't a peep from 110, but I'm leaning towards this as the case.
So, you're saying SLJoe is SOL because the seller spent the money he was supposed to use to buy SLJoes parts on something else and Joe should wait over a year to get his parts or his money?! You have the patience of a Saint!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by J 2OOI
I think VRP has traditionally done a good job in responding to forum threads. Their responses have helped them maintain or even gain credibility.

Keep in mind most of us on the forum have dealt with none or only a handful of the sponsors. This means that what we have to make a judgement based on the collective information we have gathered. If there is a negative post such as this, with no response from the company, it gives the perception of guilt.

In this particular case the "We at company XYZ are aware..." response probably would've worked if the situation was new, but this one wasn't. The OP started this thread after months of waiting, etc. with no luck. It was a warning to the rest of us. Remember when the Eurolites incident went down and suddenly others with issues came out of the woodwork? If they would've spoke up sooner, it might have saved some people time, money, etc.
Very good point, some have the rep of ripping people off and then poof! All are SOL. In the spirit of not saying 110 or others intent is this, but it happens. An early alert will save many, and I have come to really enjoy MBWorld because of that, and the integrity, knowledge, and advice of many here. If dishonesty runs rampant, then MBWorld goes down with the ship, people will stop coming to the site.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
SLJOE - Did the check clear ??
Old 06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
God, I am glad you some of you warned me about these guys (110 Motoring) a couple months ago when I was going to order that CF steering wheel they were pimpin.

It seems like this stuff keeps happening with this vendor, is the all mighty dollar all it takes for a (obviously bad) sponsor/vendor to continue to advertise on these boards? Admin can put us on probations or even suspend or terminate our memberships for inappropriate behavior, so how can a company that is ****ing people left and right able to continue on with business as usual?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:32 PM

2002 S430
101 did comment on the other thread starting with the CF steering wheel. It only made things worse.

Unless we are willing to pay a fee to be on this forum, then those who run it will be very liberal in accepting sponsors. The only way we impact the people who run this board is by leaving it for another. When we do that, they will not get sponsors. "Calling out" a sponsor on issues like this is just arrogant.

If I were running this board, I would highly advise the sponsors to NEVER discuss customer complaints on this board other than to say that they are aware of the complaint and working with the person to resolve it. You will loose every time regardless of whether you actually screwed up or the customer is a pain in the rear and complaining about nothing.
You have to be kidding me.
There is power in numbers and forums like this provide that power.
Arrogant? Do you even know what the word means?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
ive been around since the beginning of MBworld so Ive seen quite a bit, there seems to be quite an increase in the frequency of vendors dropping the ball lately, its sad for all involved. I am myself a sponsor on 3 other forums for my own business, as well I own an automobile based forum in which I have sponsors support the site. Its important that customers continue to post there experiences since this is what its all about.

Last edited by JAYCL600; 06-30-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
All forums are about people helping people with similar hobbies and interests, it does not matter if its a car forum or my moms gardening forum. If people can't speak up about a bad experience with a product or vendor why even bother having a forum at all???

I am not saying it is ok to slander a person or company without justification, but if you have evidence of bad products, poor service or even fraud you need let others know of your experience. On the same note you need to let others know about good products and great service you recieve from reputible companys. So to the few of you that stated this is not the place to air out thier differences, you are way wrong! THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO DO IT!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by jrcart
All forums are about people helping people with similar hobbies and interests, it does not matter if its a car forum or my moms gardening forum. If people can't speak up about a bad experience with a product or vendor why even bother having a forum at all???

Agreed.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by jrcart

I am not saying it is ok to slander a person or company without justification, but if you have evidence of bad products, poor service or even fraud you need let others know of your experience. On the same note you need to let others know about good products and great service you recieve from reputible companys. So to the few of you that stated this is not the place to air out thier differences, you are way wrong! THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO DO IT!
+1
Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
What sucks is that I was a customer of 2 of these 3 sponsors. Had people come forth sooner, I most likely wouldn't have done business with either.

To be fair, I've had zero problems with my EuroElites ECU tune. **knocks on wood**

my euro elites tune has also been very good to me. plus 1 on the knock

Last edited by neveo; 07-03-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:45 PM
LZH
Banned

Seems SLJOE got his check and it cleared:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...wpost&t=249041
Old 07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'm glad they did the right thing
Old 07-03-2008, 05:21 PM

C300
Parts Ordered
After reading all these posts I was wondering what parts you ordered?
Old 07-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Honda
lol lol,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling out a Sponsor 110 Motoring.