Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renntech ELM users - Please share your long-term reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e500
For those that installed this themselves, did you disconnect the battery per instructions? If so, both batteries? And what did you have to reset?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Neoii
Nice set up, but clean out your cup holder!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
I've got the Kleeman lowering module. It's under the glove box. There have been some voltage issues at times but it seems to work pretty well. I love the look. My wife hates it.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:00 PM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Some have complained that the Renntech ELM doesn't lower the car enough. Per Renntech, the lowest setting of "0" is for car shows, that is, used only when the vehicle is parked. It appears quite low in my eyes and others are going even lower with links.

My question is, does anyone here actually drive around with their ELM at "0" and if so, has there been any negative effects?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Centurion
Some have complained that the Renntech ELM doesn't lower the car enough. Per Renntech, the lowest setting of "0" is for car shows, that is, used only when the vehicle is parked. It appears quite low in my eyes and others are going even lower with links.

My question is, does anyone here actually drive around with their ELM at "0" and if so, has there been any negative effects?
Some do and yes, it can have long run stress on the airmatic air bladders and valves, etc. The ride gets a little bouncy for me, but it was a very good setting for the big track at willows. Some even ride it with the links and drop.

RennTech only recommends to drive in a setting of 3 or higher to reduce liability if there is a failure or complaint of bad tire wear. You should know what you are doing when you drop a car, but some may try to blame them for the results.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 AM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Originally Posted by jangy
RennTech only recommends to drive in a setting of 3 or higher to reduce liability if there is a failure or complaint of bad tire wear. You should know what you are doing when you drop a car, but some may try to blame them for the results.
Had a feeling it was for liability reasons as well.
Thanks.