Sponsored by:

New style "55" badge. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I like it, it's subtle, tastefully done and I am all about standing out from the crowd. That being said, how long until we start seeing these on run of the mill 350's and 550's, the poser world just got another weapon. LOL!

I say go for it, just make sure you spend a lot of time measuring and making sure everything is placed perfectly and level and the same on both sides. There is nothing I hate more than a mis-placed or ****-eyed badge positioning.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
I like it, it's subtle, tastefully done and I am all about standing out from the crowd. That being said, how long until we start seeing these on run of the mill 350's and 550's, the poser world just got another weapon. LOL!

I say go for it, just make sure you spend a lot of time measuring and making sure everything is placed perfectly and level and the same on both sides. There is nothing I hate more than a mis-placed or ****-eyed badge positioning.
Its already being done with the 63 badges so wouldnt be suprised to see these around. if I still had my 55 I would get these type of side markers.

If we all remember Cyberimage/UberKar/GermaKar is one of the folk around here with a 350 putting these types of badges on.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2004 E55(sold), 2001 Viper GTS, 2006 Viper VOI9, 1994 ZR-1 Corvette 2009 Viper ACR,
Originally Posted by jrcart

I agree 100%.. Thats the easy way to spot an "accident" car. A mis-placed emblem.. Ive seen genuine E55's with "v8 komp." emblems near the top of the fender before. Looks absolutely ridiculous..

If I go this route.. I'll probably "mask" the entire area of the V8 kompressor emblem, prior to removal. Then just center the new 5.5 emblem "inside" that area. Also, Im going to take measurments and tons of pictures. So that if I want to go back original again. I can just buy new V8 komp. emblems, and put them back in the same exact spot. Im seriously **** like that, so I can appreciate your comment.

I saw a CLK 430 the other day, with an ebay AMG emblem on.. You could tell the emblem was off, from literally 15 feet away.. Hideous..

This emblem is all about being "tasteful"... Like I said, Im not trying to be something my car is not. Just looking for a little update.. With all "55" models made. The "V8 komp." badge is starting to look a little tired.. In my office complex alone, there is an SLK55, S55, and another E55... Then, I go home where my neighbor 3 doors down has an S55 as well.. So, just looking to made my car a tad unique.. NOT into the de-badged look, so this is my choice.. We'll see.. I havent bought them yet..
Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Taximan1
I agree 100%.. Thats the easy way to spot an "accident" car. A mis-placed emblem.. Ive seen genuine E55's with "v8 komp." emblems near the top of the fender before. Looks absolutely ridiculous..

If I go this route.. I'll probably "mask" the entire area of the V8 kompressor emblem, prior to removal. Then just center the new 5.5 emblem "inside" that area. Also, Im going to take measurments and tons of pictures. So that if I want to go back original again. I can just buy new V8 komp. emblems, and put them back in the same exact spot. Im seriously **** like that, so I can appreciate your comment.

I saw a CLK 430 the other day, with an ebay AMG emblem on.. You could tell the emblem was off, from literally 15 feet away.. Hideous..

This emblem is all about being "tasteful"... Like I said, Im not trying to be something my car is not. Just looking for a little update.. With all "55" models made. The "V8 komp." badge is starting to look a little tired.. In my office complex alone, there is an SLK55, S55, and another E55... Then, I go home where my neighbor 3 doors down has an S55 as well.. So, just looking to made my car a tad unique.. NOT into the de-badged look, so this is my choice.. We'll see.. I havent bought them yet..
i just ordered mine...great idea about masking the area and centering around the open area...i will be doing the same

i think these are a subtle but very appealing upgrade and according to the guys on the c forums...the quality is great

a GREAT upgrade to update the looks of the e55 imo
Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM

05 C55
that sux.. any injuries? Damage bad? Im sure you'll get it fixed up asap....

yeah, maybe I'll check em out..
All cosmetic, its more of a hassle than anything. Time to step up to a VRP stainless exhaust . here are a couple of more pics for those that had asked....

Old 07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG

Well, just get a 65 then.

I must say, from mkonei's pictures, they aren't very legible.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
The Repop badge does not represent the E55 because it does not have a K on it.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
+1 Like the 63 engines, yes they are a lttle over 6.2 but since its says 63 the side markers should say 63
And like the 63 the 55 is really a 5.4 but why would anyone be silly enough to have 55 on the back and 54 on the sides...now that would be lame...
thats like telling everyone..ok since you really have a 6.2 change your back and sides to AMG 62...or changing the 55 in back to an AMG 54....you get the point!

IMO I personally like seeing the 55 amg tag on the sides too. Keeps the flow
Whole heartedly disagree. I understand the E63 says 6.3 but that doesn't make it correct. When you add the point in between the 5's, it becomes indicative of engine displacement, and the engine is not a 5.5 so why misrepresent???

The car is an E55 AMG, not an E5.5 AMG
Old 07-21-2008, 06:58 PM

2003 E240
Originally Posted by bobgodd
Whole heartedly disagree. I understand the E63 says 6.3 but that doesn't make it correct. When you add the point in between the 5's, it becomes indicative of engine displacement, and the engine is not a 5.5 so why misrepresent???

The car is an E55 AMG, not an E5.5 AMG
Its exactly the same logic as the 6.3 just an updated look. Also its not like people walk round calling it an E6.3 AMG, usually just refered to as the E63 AMG. There is absolutely no difference in the logic behind it apart from the time in which the car was released for an updated look.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Scraz51
Its exactly the same logic as the 6.3 just an updated look. Also its not like people walk round calling it an E6.3 AMG, usually just refered to as the E63 AMG. There is absolutely no difference in the logic behind it apart from the time in which the car was released for an updated look.
It is, and you're absolutely right. For some reason it just doesn't sit well with me. Looks wise I think it's kinda nice actually. Maybe I'm just in a fighting mood lol.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 PM

05 C55
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Well, just get a 65 then.

I must say, from mkonei's pictures, they aren't very legible.
hosted at photobucket = reduced quality. they are to scale and quality with the 6.3 factory emblems. try and read a 6.3 from 15', it looks the same....
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
The original badge is much better or if anything debadge it. I don't care for that one.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:20 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
I think it's a great badge. It looks just like the 6.3 badge and is within the same concept of design. It looks so factory that it could be factory and you guys wouldn't be complaining.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by slowrey
I think it's a great badge. It looks just like the 6.3 badge and is within the same concept of design. It looks so factory that it could be factory and you guys wouldn't be complaining.

I like it.