Aborted Dyno due to Lean Condition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R
To me thats a red flag ... Any tuner that puts in a motor for you and then wont help with the tune ... HORRIBLE. Does it make sense that they don't want the blower on it ... yes. I would have just said don't put on the blower. No I won't sell it to you if you plan on throwing that blower on it.

And I do not see how it will ever be covered by a warranty, given they will say the tuning side did it. DON"T AMGSC. You did this before, that is what i was talking about (being a pioneer). Decide if you want tried and true or if you wanna go wild, but understand the difference.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Robert, do you truly know what you are getting??

Or are we starting the whole new chapter?

Current M113 can be bored and stroked to 6.2L. That is all there is.

7.0L is a an old 4-valve V12, which will require major rewiring to work and no way will even pass smog.

If it is a normally aspirated 6.2L, it will have maybe 400RWHP and 410-420RWHTQ, less what you have right now. Hardly a progress.

What is your goal?

Right now, with 440RWHP car is a handfull. It needs all of its stock rubber bushing upgraded to be driveable at 7/10s. Forget about 10/10s - it will kill you.

Get the car reliable with lower CR pistons and than invest in yourself. Go to driving schools and learn how to truly drive. More HP does not equal lower lap times.

Good Luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
The last thing I want is another 3-4 weeks of downtime is to find out I've got major engine damage and the original estimate of under $8K turns out to be $15-20K with no real upgrade over my stock motor.

A new engine swap may end up costing the same but I'll be up and running again quickly while I take my time to repair and sell the damaged goods. I've heard that once your engine is rebuilt, it will never be the same again, much like my knees after major surgeries years back.

Of course I'm still contemplating saving my money and getting a used 2005 SL65 and just patching up this little C for my teenage son who will be driving soon. Come to think of it. this model car is starting to look TOO young for me now. I love the twistys so I can't see my myself in a big-bodied benz yet.

Reflecting upon these last 2 years, I feel like I've have been desparately trying to re-live my own teenage years when I had such as blast with my souped-up, German made, Blacked-Out TT Mercury Capri. I may just be experiencing some early mid-life crisis?

I'm going to think things over so I'm staying off the boards for while and wait for any other collaborating or divergent advice anyone may have for me.. if you were in my shoes.

Last edited by AMGSC; 07-31-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Robert, do you truly know what you are getting??

Or are we starting the whole new chapter?

Current M113 can be bored and stroked to 6.2L. That is all there is.

7.0L is a an old 4-valve V12, which will require major rewiring to work and no way will even pass smog.

If it is a normally aspirated 6.2L, it will have maybe 400RWHP and 410-420RWHTQ, less what you have right now. Hardly a progress.

What is your goal?

Right now, with 440RWHP car is a handfull. It needs all of its stock rubber bushing upgraded to be driveable at 7/10s. Forget about 10/10s - it will kill you.

Get the car reliable with lower CR pistons and than invest in yourself. Go to driving schools and learn how to truly drive. More HP does not equal lower lap times.

Good Luck!
If this independent dyno I'm getting in the next few days in fact proves that JBA's dyno equipment was faulty and AFR was truly as my siggy indicates, then I will TRULY eat CROW and will bow down to you for ever doubting your capabilties! I've beened by burned by HPS and others so often I don't know who to trust anymore.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
If this independent dyno I'm getting in the next few days in fact proves that JBA's dyno equipment was faulty and AFR was truly as my siggy indicates, then I will TRULY eat CROW and will bow down to you for ever doubting your capabilties! I've beened by burned by HPS and others so often I don't know who to trust anymore.
Fair enough. Make sure you have 100 octane, use 3rd gear, depending on how good are the cooling fans on the dyno.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
New to the area and thinking about VRP. Balboa Island (newport) Did Vrp fix your motor? What was your final Dyno charts?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BalboaIslanddud
New to the area and thinking about VRP. Balboa Island (newport) Did Vrp fix your motor? What was your final Dyno charts?
Never had it dyno'd since the risk of a blown motor is too great. Somehow my CEL has never been corrected though but there is nothing he can do since the Kleemann headers requires Kleemann ECU I guess.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 AM

2002 ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Never had it dyno'd since the risk of a blown motor is too great. Somehow my CEL has never been corrected though but there is nothing he can do since the Kleemann headers requires Kleemann ECU I guess.
AMGSC. Is your car safe to drive with the CEL?

What gets me is why did VRP Tuning work on your car when the motor / piston was already ruined? If I were you I would ask for some type of discount or your money back. If they dont take them to court. You are the customer and in my mind the customer is always right.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 AM

2002 ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Fair enough. Make sure you have 100 octane, use 3rd gear, depending on how good are the cooling fans on the dyno.
Vadim @ VRP. I am considering you guys for some work on my ML55. But read how you trashed AMGSC vehicle. My concern is bring my SUV to you and experiance the same problems like AMGSC did. (CEL, blown piston/low compression) My question for you, did you fix his problem? Maybe I need to go to Grand Prix on Newport BLvd and 17 street.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Vadim @ VRP. I am considering you guys for some work on my ML55. But read how you trashed AMGSC vehicle...
Hold up.

AMGSC’s engine was damaged long before he contacted VRP. In fact, before they even commenced operations in Costa Mesa.

Perhaps you missed AMGSC’s ill fated HPS supercharger thread…https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/130280-need-advice-adding-more-power-hps-sc.html .
Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by splinter
Hold up.

AMGSC’s engine was damaged long before he contacted VRP. In fact, before they even commenced operations in Costa Mesa.

Perhaps you missed AMGSC’s ill fated HPS supercharger thread…https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130280 .
+1
Old 10-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Vadim @ VRP. I am considering you guys for some work on my ML55. But read how you trashed AMGSC vehicle. My concern is bring my SUV to you and experiance the same problems like AMGSC did. (CEL, blown piston/low compression) My question for you, did you fix his problem? Maybe I need to go to Grand Prix on Newport BLvd and 17 street.
Slow down bro. Everyone here knows the drawn out story of AMGSC's car and why and how VRP got involved, which is also what dragged Powerchip back into the mix. That was just a poor thread by AMGSC. I can understand his frustration at that point, but it was kind of Deja Vu to see him turn and blame the tuner. Read the entire thread and you will see the truth.

BTW, if you are considering Grand Prix, then VRP is likely not for you. You may want to roll down Harbor for that.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Just get a 65 and be done with it.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Out Of Control!

LOL With only 7 posts under your belt i guess you're not aware of the whole story so i can see why you have the impression that VRP thrashed AMGSC's car which is totally not true. Do a search and you'll see the whole saga.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Whatever happened with this series of issues?

Did he get the brabus stroker? Or did he rebuild the 5.5liter with l/c pistons?

Or did he punt and get a new car????