New Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I do plan on testing the previous companies software and having it dissected to find the error. I will post my findings with you guys.
WOW!! I really didn't know it was this bad. Glad you are moving on while dealing with this.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Angela,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues! I'm sure everything will turn out for the best in the end. Make sure to keep us posted.

-Aaron
(Cobra & Mercedes)
Old 07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by jangy
Holy cow!!! Brad never said he spoke with RT......
It probably came from here

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Hey there, sorry to jump in. I have been monitoring this thread and did not want to post, but I now feel the need to clarify a few things. It was not until a few of these recent posts when people started to insinuate that evosport had some blame, or even a chance to deal with Angela's issues that we felt the need to post.

She had all of our staged evolution parts. No, they did not fail. And as of her last visit here, she was more the satisfied and the car met all of her expectations. More on that in a minute....

Too many people involved is often a problem, but not with this car or failure.

Angela has had a few lengthy conversations with Simon and our lead engineer Gary while the car was at RENNtech (I say WHILE, as we were never notified that the car had any problem until it was already on the way to FL - there was no opportunity to see, evaluate or diagnose the issues). She told us of the problem (washed down cyl walls) and in the start wondered why, then after RT's diagnosis came back that no evosport part had failed but that the vehicle was running rich, began to elude that the tune was the culprit.

We showed her the many dyno pulls from her car, and compared them to many other E55's (including Vic's) since she believed that the tune was too rich. Looking at the dyno's we told her that it was a bit rich relative to an NA car, but inline with the other 55 Kompressor cars due to forced induction. In essence, the car was not RICH in the absolute sense (never below 10's). Proof of this can and has been provided to Angela.

Even while the car was in FL, we have been following the case. In fact, I have been in DIRECT contact with a source who has first hand knowledge of Angela's car and the failure. A Mercedes Field Service Rep was involved as RT had tested the Powerchip tune and found nothing suspect with the mapping.

In fact, what was discovered was that the factory DME had failed and was sending a pulse to the injectors to keep them open too long. This caused a prolonged rich condition. This is an ECU electrical problem, not one with the mapping. While this is a rare occurrence according to MB Germany, it is not unheard of.

However, to re-iterate, the mapping was checked and verified, and there was no problem with it. The Powerchip program was not the issue. Further, none of the evosport parts had failed.

As always we would be happy to further discuss this with her or anyone at Renntech. As stated above, this is not speculation on our part, we have been in contact with the people working on this behind the scenes, and they have provided us with facts that may not have been brought to light. Perhaps this information has not yet been relayed to Angela, I cannot speak on that. We have been trying to reach her since mid last week on the phone though to discuss.

It is a shame that rumor, innuendo and assumption are allowed to get in the way of this unfortunate incident that Angela is dealing with. And as I have said, we HAVE been involved following the story and details. As much for her best interest as ours really - if it had been a part or software failure, then I would want to know so it does not happen to anyone else.

There are 100's of people running with the same tune she had, and not one had a problem except for her. In fact, a few on this thread have the same exact software.

We wish Angela the best of luck and hope her car turns out to be the beast she is hoping for!

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Holy cow!!! Brad never said he spoke with RT......
don't be an jerk and play with semantics jangy...i'm quite sure this situation is difficult enough without you being an ****. he ABSOLUTELY implied he spoke with somebody involved with r/t by saying he was in contact with his "source" while the car was in florida. what...are we playing cloak and dagger now? how many quarters do i have to drop in this game to get a "source"?

then for brad to go on to say that his "source" found nothing wrong with the mapping when angela just said they haven't even disected the tune yet. or that her car was the only car to ever run super rich on powerchips software...which is more misinformation. something stinks here, and it's not just excess fuel!

Last edited by chiromikey; 07-29-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by chiromikey
wow, that speaks volumes and falls right in line with many unrelated things that are going on around here!!!

p.s. let me know where you'll be posting after you get banned.
LMAO

I will send you a postcard or even better a message in a bottle.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
AAwwwww i miss you too Angel. lol
Hi
Old 07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
Angela,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues! I'm sure everything will turn out for the best in the end. Make sure to keep us posted.

-Aaron
(Cobra & Mercedes)
Is the the Aaron that I know?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOW!! I really didn't know it was this bad. Glad you are moving on while dealing with this.
What is up with you in my thread? Is it the fact that you are trying to protect your friends interest in PC? You have never been a fan of Evosport and are the last one I expect to see writing this stuff.

I have the right to get upset when I find out someone is blowing extra fuel up my pipes. The software hasn't even been looked at yet. They were too busy getting it off my car. LOL

Jangy, I do have a question for you. You said that RT had changed their warranty after the Creative issue you had. Can you please tell me what changed?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

don't be an jerk and play with semantics jangy...i'm quite sure this situation is difficult enough without you being an ****. he ABSOLUTELY implied he spoke with somebody involved with r/t by saying he was in contact with his "source" while the car was in florida. what...are we playing cloak and dagger now? how many quarters do i have to drop in this game to get a "source"?

then for brad to go on to say that his "source" found nothing wrong with the mapping when angela just said they haven't even disected the tune yet. or that her car was the only car to ever run super rich on powerchips software...which is more misinformation. something stinks here, and it's not just excess fuel!
Thank you Mike. They might have looked at their file, but I can tell you they didn't get the information from RT or anyone related to RT.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Is the the Aaron that I know?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Hi Angela, How is it going? I am glad you sent your car to R/T, man you went thru hell....does SLR cams ring a bell... yea that's me, moved on to the CL club. Keep in touch and glad you are back.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
Gosh I haven't seen you in a while. I think the last time was at that park in OC. Hope all is well with you and your Cobra.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Hi Angela, How is it going? I am glad you sent your car to R/T, man you went thru hell....does SLR cams ring a bell... yea that's me, moved on to the CL club. Keep in touch and glad you are back.
You lucky dog that is one of my favorite cars. I never did find out how the car ran with the cams? Thank you for the kind words. Hit me up on PM's and share the cams story.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Hi benz-gal
Is there a ETA on when we will be able to read about your new motor?
Are you gonna share all the secrets???? Cant wait to hear about it, thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys I will do a write up next weekend with pics of the new engine and share a sound clip. It needs a couple of hundred more miles to hit the dyno.

In the essence of keeping the spirit of why I joined this board I will try really hard to keep this thread to a verified fact posting. I don't wish to argue with anyone even though I am frustrated and out some serious cash. I am not happy about the way I handled some of this or the comments from other people. It is what it is. I am the kind of person that turns around in the parking lot just to take a look at my awesome car. You can imagine how hard it was for me to loose the engine. I would have felt better blowing it up in a race or something. I seriously got robbed going 70mph. LOL RENNtech is building me a great car and I am confident that I will be very happy.

I have watched a couple of the other threads and it bums me out how much things have changed while I was gone. When I host the meets I meet some of the coolest people that might not know how the internals of the engine work, but they are passionate about their cars.

Thank you all for the support. Now I say we have a fun BBQ meet or something to celebrate?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
angela, sorry to hear about ur engine
i just joined 211 section a couple of months ago so i dunno how/what/when/where it all happened...
hope u get ur car back soon running faster & better than ever!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 PM

S211 AMG
BenzGal - this thread kept me awake last night. I can't help but think that blown engines will be common place in the next few years. I'm interested to know how much gas you were using and how were you measuring it? Did you rely on the fuel gauge and mpg meter on the dash? How bad was it? I know you said you were going to post a detailed report and when you do, can you explain this part?

I'm very sorry for your troubles and wish you the best resolution possible.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Hey guys I will do a write up next weekend with pics of the new engine and share a sound clip. It needs a couple of hundred more miles to hit the dyno.

In the essence of keeping the spirit of why I joined this board I will try really hard to keep this thread to a verified fact posting. I don't wish to argue with anyone even though I am frustrated and out some serious cash. I am not happy about the way I handled some of this or the comments from other people. It is what it is. I am the kind of person that turns around in the parking lot just to take a look at my awesome car. You can imagine how hard it was for me to loose the engine. I would have felt better blowing it up in a race or something. I seriously got robbed going 70mph. LOL RENNtech is building me a great car and I am confident that I will be very happy.

I have watched a couple of the other threads and it bums me out how much things have changed while I was gone. When I host the meets I meet some of the coolest people that might not know how the internals of the engine work, but they are passionate about their cars.

Thank you all for the support. Now I say we have a fun BBQ meet or something to celebrate?
Cant wait to hear about it!

Yes BBQ meet so we can all take turns doin burnouts in your beast at the MB dealership
Old 07-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
What is up with you in my thread? Is it the fact that you are trying to protect your friends interest in PC? You have never been a fan of Evosport and are the last one I expect to see writing this stuff.

HEHE!! Dunno what it is. I think it is more my spite at Renntech. No, I am no friend of PCs. Again, all of my work is through Vadim. I know PC happened to tune mine, but that is no reason for me to protect. I wrote that because you came back and said that Renntech said that they had not spoken to anyone at EVO. That was it. I was just playing with those words. No more was said about if the car had been to MBUSA while there or not.

Jangy, I do have a question for you. You said that RT had changed their warranty after the Creative issue you had. Can you please tell me what changed?
I'd be an idiot to quote legal terms on a public forum, but you can look it up for yourself or even ask RennTech. Honestly, it is a proper way to do business. In my opinion, all they did is take an ambiguous situation and added loopholes. Before that time, the saying was that RennTech covered anything MB didn't. Now, their warranty reads like any other legal jargon. Again, not a bad thing to do, just not quite all they should have done to clean up.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I received news last night that no one was ever in contact with RT. All smoke and mirrors...
This is why i posted what I did. All she said was that no one contacted RT, NOTHING about the status, and especially not in the detail Brad did. I'm not saying either has proved anything, but it would be nice to hear a true update, instead of we are looking into it.

Is what Brad said a lie or not? Sure, he sugar coated it with saying nothing of the tune went wrong when that part is likely not determined. But, did anyone from MBUSA see the car? Is RennTech attempting to warranty the DIM on a a car that was flagged? Etc. Etc. Those are real points that wer raised and I am not the type to sit back and watch a one sided sling fest.

Just keep it true, instead of just making judgments.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Hi benz-gal
Is there a ETA on when we will be able to read about your new motor?
Are you gonna share all the secrets???? Cant wait to hear about it, thanks
Soon very soon. Not sure about sharing everything. I am out numbered by about....80,000 men on this board and I might keep a few secrets for the track.

I will work on the meet part. You are too funny about the dealership comment.

MJ50,
Thank you for the kind words. The car is done and we are just waiting to get some more miles on it. My smile is good, it's my right foot that is having issues.

Fleebee,
91 Octane, only at Chevron, never topped off, 3/4 full. I know you are wondering if I got bad gas. The answer is no. Thank you for the support.

Jangy,
MBUSA never touched or viewed my car. Well, I guess they did build it. So when is the next meet? Can someone start looking for a place? I saw a post where Carlos said he might be back?

Have a wonderful day guys.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
MJ50,
Thank you for the kind words. The car is done and we are just waiting to get some more miles on it. My smile is good, it's my right foot that is having issues.
sweet... will definitely check it out @ SoCalEuro
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
So, from what i gather the motor has been torn down, but not the software. I don't know if there will ever be definitive data proving what caused the failure? If so, then I guess it is just a matter of time to identify it.

Where did the DIM rumor come about? First I heard of it was from PTE and then from Brad.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...Where did the DIM rumor come about? First I heard of it was from PTE and then from Brad.
pte was referencing brad's post.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
pte was referencing brad's post.
Got it. So I assume that possibility is still there, although I've gotten pretty strong notions that the car is flagged and NOT being repaired under warranty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Engine