New Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
New Engine

This thread was started in the attempt to avoid a hijack in another thread. Many of you are my friends on this board and know my engine blew earlier this year. I decided to ship the car off to RENNTech in Florida for a rebuild and will post a full story on the rebuild with pics this weekend.

People can say whatever they want. Go look up RennTech's written warranty now vs before Creative blew my motor. Why do you think it is different?
Many tuners have dealerships that sell their parts. They can't be responsible for everyone. I feel for what happened to you. I can only speak about the relationships I have built.

Angela, you and I are friends. And, i am pretty much done with RennTech so i really don't want to get into gross details. How can you say they have kept focus (as in on the enthusiasts and NOT the bling buyers) when the only thing of theirs that we want is the ELM? it is a matter of time before that is reverse engineered and that will end it all. Funny you had to send your car to Florida and you don't mention a single west coast affiliate's names. That may be the profile of their typical client, but like you said I don't have money to burn.
Then buy the ELM. Why don't you? I don't blame them for not giving deals as they have been in business for years and deserve a certain price. I can tell you that all the vendors who have ever come to any of our meets haven't really seen a benefit to their bottom line. They are not non-profits and have been very kind with the raffle prizes to support the community.

No disrespect, sweety but I can't be jealous. I love what Vadim has done and that he has done it with my involvement. The only car i will ever have a place for is VIC55s EVOSPORT E55.
Vadim was kind enough to offer to fix my car once I got it to him. I decided to go with RENNtech. Vrus's TB will stay on my car with a few tweaks. It's still my favorite mod. I am happy Vadim has helped you.

You are right in many ways, but are you implying that rennTech doesn't "push" the envelope as much? How did you go from an '04 to an '06 and then to an '05? I always assumed it had to do with the ECU tune and the TQ limiter, but never got involved enough. I feel for you on not getting any help.

What are you talking about? I purchased an 06 and had it for two months and ended up trading it back in for a used 05 with 7k miles after it left me stranded on the FWY a couple of times. Got a great deal on the 05 and opted for that. What does that have to do with any of this?

I thought Benzgirl had a certain company's parts on before? The way I read it was that it was because of those parts that the engine failed. I also interpreted it as since she wasnt getting the results from her previous tuner, she took the car to RennTech on her own dime to get her engine rebuilt.
It doesnt appear to me that RennTech mods were the cause of failure on her engine.

None of the Evosport parts failed. It was related to an outside vendor they used. Brad and Simon are both cool guys and I loved my car until this happend. My conversations with Evosport are no ones business and will not be posted on this forum. I did use my own dime and go to RENNtech to fix my car. Where was the other dime going to come from? LOL

No Charles, not RennTech. Yes, she was having EVOSport build her a car that was not possible. Muchlike Havoc is now, she was being a pioneer but things didn't go so well. The parts on her car were from EVOSport and the tune was powerchip. On top of that, she bought an '06 to it on. Next thing i know, there is a decently fast '05 and I thought all was done. So, I assume there is a dispute on who made what decisions.

Are you feeling OK? j/k..I don't even know what this one is about. I was never a pioneer with Evosport. Huh????

Just to be clear, NO RennTech parts had anything to do with Angela's engine failure. Instead, she turned to RennTech after she was frustrated with EVO and apparently RennTech decided they had a new poster child.
NO, I turned to RENNTech to have my engine rebuilt because that is who I felt safe with after doing my RESEARCH! Poster child huh? For what? A dumb idiot that believed what everyone was saying on this board? I am paying for the new block and mods Jangy so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I have a little feeling that RENNTech will make it in the MB modified world if they never get a client from me. LOL That is one of the reasons I shipped my car to them. DIRFT

As if everyone didn't know who the tuner was. The real questions are who is liable. Just because EVO did the work doesn't mean it was a botched job. Keep in mind that she had some pretty grand plans and was using MANY resources, including MBUSA. In my opinion? Too many cooks in the kitchen on a custom project that was NOT planned out or executed properly.

Who is liable is not something I care to discuss on this forum. Frankly, it's none of anyone's business. I was using many resources? Who do you get your information from? Evosport is the only tuner prior to RENNTech to touch my car. The rest is not worth responding to.

I will do a full write up when I get time guys.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
DME failure ?

I got to tell you BENZgal , it was a nice view from the girls side of the Car , AGAIN . So Lets see If I got this correct here . A little reading between the lines Your car goes to FLA. The Factory Rep stops in On request from R/T ?. Thats Cool. Agrees with R/T in finding of a DME rarely seen Issue of lock on fuel injector drivers. This washs down the cylinder bores. The piston rings prematurely wear out You now need ,and get a rebuild , But on Whom's wallet ? Purse. Did MB share in the expense. I can only guess that this car was under warranty at the time of this DME issue? You seem like a well spoken and educated Person. To The point I can not believe for a minute! you let this get by you. I hate to think you got a Hosen . Your are right , about there will be many Questions , since Pandora's box was left open by Somebody. Oh God will you marry me Please. OPPS Just funn with ya. Warmest Regards ___PTEngineering

Last edited by PTE; 07-28-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
My comments were just from an outsider reading Benzgal's post. Just my interpretation without knowing her, or too much about her car.

With all the drama aside, bottom line is that in a few weeks, she's gonna have a bad *** car!! Cant wait to check it out!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by BENZGal

Then buy the ELM. Why don't you?
Angela, i bought one of the first on this board. And I paid retail and loved it. It is an awesome mod.

I don't blame them for not giving deals as they have been in business for years and deserve a certain price.

Huh? Being around for years should mean that they are deep enough to be able to ward off every new tuner. And you say you don't have money to throw away.

I can tell you that all the vendors who have ever come to any of our meets haven't really seen a benefit to their bottom line. They are not non-profits and have been very kind with the raffle prizes to support the community.

That may be so at that meet, but the mbworld/mymb people are pretty loyal and have DEFINITELY bought into cool vendors. Show up at SoCal Euro's annnual meet and see how many vendors are losing money.

What are you talking about? I purchased an 06 and had it for two months and ended up trading it back in for a used 05 with 7k miles after it left me stranded on the FWY a couple of times. Got a great deal on the 05 and opted for that. What does that have to do with any of this?

Just asking. you never told me that. Why not lemon it? I know none of the tuners had a fix for the TQ limiter, other than to put the OLD ecu files onto the cars and that doesn't work on the '06s; so i was kind of running with a conspiracy theory. Now I know.

Are you feeling OK? j/k..I don't even know what this one is about. I was never a pioneer with Evosport. Huh????

Angela? A few reminders.....NO2? double trigger, etc?You saying you were going for a mild tune? Either way, you are the one that told me about paying to play. I'm not saying this was in any way your fault or that it is cool that you got left holding the potatoe, just saying you asked for a hefty task of EVO and it is typical for tuners to be the exclusive go-between for their vendors.

I was using many resources? Who do you get your information from?

No information. I don't look people up. I just have a memory and all I can say is you ALMOST saved me a blown motor. I didn't get it by ECU tune (which I got scared of), but i got it. Also, i never said you aren't paying for your SLR motor.

None of the Evosport parts failed. It was related to an outside vendor they used. Brad and Simon are both cool guys and I loved my car until this happend.

Evosport is the only tuner prior to RENNTech to touch my car. The rest is not worth responding to.
Hmmm, that doesn't leave much for the imagination.

Like I said before, everyone knows the tuners but very few know what actually happenned along the way. To me, that is all that matters. As every seasoned enthusiast learns, things happen. How they get handled is key. Angela has always been hush about it as has EVO/PC, except for these random drops. All we can do is assume....
Old 07-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by psk145
My comments were just from an outsider reading Benzgal's post. Just my interpretation without knowing her, or too much about her car.

With all the drama aside, bottom line is that in a few weeks, she's gonna have a bad *** car!! Cant wait to check it out!!
You don't know angela? she's been here since 210s ruled the streets. Didn't you attend any of the annual meets?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
You don't know angela? she's been here since 210s ruled the streets. Didn't you attend any of the annual meets?
I know OF her....but dont really know her too well. I've talked to her a bit here and there .
Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
NO, I turned to RENNTech to have my engine rebuilt because that is who I felt safe with after doing my RESEARCH! Poster child huh? For what? A dumb idiot that believed what everyone was saying on this board? I am paying for the new block and mods Jangy so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I have a little feeling that RENNTech will make it in the MB modified world if they never get a client from me. LOL That is one of the reasons I shipped my car to them. DIRFT
Angela, I am confused.

Last time we spoke you told me that your car was blackflagged by the dealer and you asked me to take a look at it. The next day the story changed and now the car was being shipped to RT with an offer of a free engine from them.

Now you are paying for it?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
RennTech, MB what's the difference?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55

Like I said before, everyone knows the tuners but very few know what actually happenned along the way. To me, that is all that matters. As every seasoned enthusiast learns, things happen. How they get handled is key. Angela has always been hush about it as has EVO/PC, except for these random drops. All we can do is assume....
The thing is your view is totally one dimensional. You criticize Renntech for the problems you had with creative, because according to you Renntech did not step up to the plate. Renntech did what any other tuner would do under the circumstances, investigate and determine if a faulty install is to blame.

Every other tuner will and has done the same, just take a look at countless threads including the vrp pulley thread from not to long ago.

If Angela's engine problems were related to a faulty dme causing an overly rich condition someone down the line should have noticed the car running like crap. The amount of fuel needed for cylinder wash-down does not go unnoticed. If she raised concerns to the tuner this should have been handled imo. You are forgetting she is not only paying for parts and labor but for an expected expertise with regards to MB's. (just my opinion)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PTE
I got to tell you BENZgal , it was a nice view from the girls side of the Car , AGAIN . So Lets see If I got this correct here . A little reading between the lines Your car goes to FLA. The Factory Rep stops in On request from R/T ?. Thats Cool. Agrees with R/T in finding of a DME rarely seen Issue of lock on fuel injector drivers. This washs down the cylinder bores. The piston rings prematurely wear out You now need ,and get a rebuild , But on Whom's wallet ? Purse. Did MB share in the expense. I can only guess that this car was under warranty at the time of this DME issue? You seem like a well spoken and educated Person. To The point I can not believe for a minute! you let this get by you. I hate to think you got a Hosen . Your are right , about there will be many Questions , since Pandora's box was left open by Somebody. Oh God will you marry me Please. OPPS Just funn with ya. Warmest Regards ___PTEngineering
Wow....this one made me laugh. Well, I can tell you that I have long legs and I did a good job at straddling the center console to keep my left hand on the wheel and my RIGHT FOOT still on the throttle. My poor 210 has taken a serious beating.

Now for the facts that I do know. I read Brad's post and it came as a shock to me since RT had never told me about anything he posted. I called RT right away who didn't have any idea of what he was talking about.

If Brad has information about that being the cause I need it right away because I have a new engine out there that does not have a new DME. I would hate to have it happen again if there is proof that the DME was to blame. I can tell you that custom software was done by RT on my car and they wrote it themselves without any outside rep, or consult of any outside rep. If any of you have ever made a trip to the plant you can confirm my story. They have employees that just write software.

So let me play devil's advocate if that was really the cause. I complain for SEVERAL months about a rich condition on my car. Orange residue on the tips and the bad gas mileage. I call my tuner and complain and then call the software company and complain and even fax them a recent dyno. I was not only looking for safety but to improve my performance. They all tell me everything is OK and it's better to run a little rich than lean. I start having battery issues and contact my tuner. They tell me my car is still under warranty and to take it to the kind dealer that still works on a modified car. The dealer tells me it is missing the program to flash the battery and installs it. They can't touch or test the ECU because it's modified. My power drain issue goes away and my car is still rich, and boom the engine blows about six months later. The rich condition is a factor in the failure. What a mess. Yes, it has a warranty but I doubt the dealer will fix an OEM issue if it can be proven since it had aftermarket software.
SO......read between the lines. This theory is based upon the DME being proved as a faulty OEM part.

Last edited by BENZGal; 07-28-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by psk145

Thank you I agree. I really haven't stressed over any of this. It is what it is. I can't wait to get her back.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rflow306
The thing is your view is totally one dimensional. You criticize Renntech for the problems you had with creative, because according to you Renntech did not step up to the plate. Renntech did what any other tuner would do under the circumstances, investigate and determine if a faulty install is to blame.

Every other tuner will and has done the same, just take a look at countless threads including the vrp pulley thread from not to long ago.
I didn't mean to be, but i get your point. RennTech did not investigate or determine. They assumed all along that it was an install issue. None of that got me mad. I gave Creative and renntech a good 6 months to fix the situation, which is a HUGE difference with angela's circumstances. Even when we almost had a settlement, I believe RT was giving Creative a special deal to help and yet it fell through. Creative was acting as a go-between for me and Renntech. Aside from random emails, I never spoke with anyone at RennTech directly. Instead, Creative gave me updates and that is where I believe the communication break down occurred.

The VRP thread from not long ago was an aborration and NOTHING like what happened to either of us.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jangy,
I don't wish to start a fight with you. We have always been cool. I haven't posted about what happened for this very reason. I wanted to post a good write up that was thought out and accurate for all parties involved. Well all deserve that. Trust me it would have been far to easy to react with emotion rather than be logical. We all know it was running rich and the engine blew and no OEM parts failed that we are aware of, no evosport parts failed, or Vrus part failed. I wanted to wait hence the lack of posting. I should have known this would cause a storm. I would like to collect all the facts and move on. I am not posting blame to anyone on the boards. I have no desire to sue anyone and frankly don't have the energy or time for that drama. This sucks for all of us. I know the guys at Evosport would have never wished this on me and are also disappointed it happened. Let me get more facts and I will post what I feel comfortable with without invading my personal privacy or slandering anyone.

RENNtech was hired to do one thing in all this mess and that was to tear apart my engine and build me one I would be happy with. I can't wait to post on that. Sure I was and still am a mod freak. Luckily for me Gary at Evo never put my NOS in or any other mods. One has nothing to do with the other. I don't have an issue with the warranty being gone since I threw that out a couple of years ago. I don't plan on suing anyone so I'm not out demanding money. I know what I think is the right thing to do and if people do that I would be happy. If not what am I going to do? Waste my time, energy, and money crying about it? Or, drive my new engine. I opt for the second one.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Angela, I am confused.

Last time we spoke you told me that your car was blackflagged by the dealer and you asked me to take a look at it. The next day the story changed and now the car was being shipped to RT with an offer of a free engine from them.

Now you are paying for it?
My car does have the evil flag. Boohoo....We did talk and I appreciate everything you offered to do Vadim. You have always been good to me. My decision to go to RT has nothing to do with you. Tell Victor I said Hi.

I didn't get a free engine, but not due to anything RT did or said. I am not their poster child and they built me a wonderful car that was not cheap. This is a public internet forum guys and I will share what I feel comfortable with and think is anyone's business. Many of you have shared personal stuff with me and I have always kept my mouth shut. I expect the same out of you.

Miss seeing you Vadim.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy,
I don't wish to start a fight with you. We have always been cool.

I'm not into a fight either and don't think we are in one. I know you don't like to deal with stress, so i know you haven't been scheming or anything. I was just being honest with what the forum "opinion" may be.

It may be a blessing that MB takes the warranty hit, so that renntech can be reimbursed for the rebuild. Either way, i think we all got quite a mouthful to chew on from Brad...
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not into a fight either and don't think we are in one. I know you don't like to deal with stress, so i know you haven't been scheming or anything. I was just being honest with what the forum "opinion" may be.

It may be a blessing that MB takes the warranty hit, so that renntech can be reimbursed for the rebuild. Either way, i think we all got quite a mouthful to chew on from Brad...
Cool I love to spend time with the crew at the meets. If you are mean I will have Mike and Jay let the air out of your tires. j/k <3. The forum can have their opinion. That is my point in all of this. For far too long I have listened to what people on this board said rather than doing my research and learning as much as I could about every part in my engine. I didn't know a rich condition could cause an engine to blow as stupid as that sounds. If I would have been educated, I would have taken my own path and would have had a different outcome. I think we have some incredible minds on this board, but in the end I am the one with the checkbook. As you can imagine Evosport is in a tough spot. They didn't have their parts failed but my engine is blown. Sucks for all of us. I would still trust their parts today.

Trust me if I could get MB to pay for the engine that would be great. My car was flagged with a blown engine and mods. I just don't see that happening. I don't even have proof that it was the OEM part. If proof comes back that it was an OEM part I will share that and we can all learn from this experience. The reimbursement check would not being going to RT. LOL It would be given to the guy that has paid for car and mods. I need to get offline so I can go give him more sex. I am getting really far behind on my payback.

Stress is in my life all day long with my job. It wasn't the stress, it was trying to get accurate information out about what happened. It's not fair to go blast people without facts. Plus, I was being a travel bug having a good time and really wasn't thinking about the negative side of this. I have been focused on the positive. I am very happy that my car is done and I will have something very special. Now that is worth writing about.

Last edited by BENZGal; 07-28-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Benzgal...I'm liking your priorities...!. Glad to hear that you'll be getting your car back soon. From another Beast driver with a MB flagged engine...do a burn out for us...I like to do mine in front of the MB service managers office.

Stay safe!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!

So?!

Where are the pics and vids?! Dying over here! lol j/k
Old 07-29-2008, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
BENZGal

I'm sorry to hear about all you went through. I hope you end up with a Monster that will make you happy.
I can't wait to see what your new project is all about.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
BenzGal,

Thank you for sharing with us some of the details. I've been catching up on a lot of the reading concerning your engine failure, and although I don't know all of the details and regardless of who was at fault, I agree with you: I believe it's up to you (and only you) to choose whoever you want to work on your car. RennTech is cool, and I'm sure they'll build you one awesome car.....
Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
R/T mods

BENZgal ; You Are Educated & You did take your own Path. I'm glad your Check book can ease some of the stress and did what was right for you. I have empathy for You & AMGfan, and Skeeter. I can tell you ,I'm from the other side, Daily I look at Blown Marine Engines (30 years with one company) and face the customer & Dealer with My decision. It's Not always easy. So many outside influences , unseen & unable to test For, outside of the dyno cell & vehicle attachment . Many Times I bite off on the repairs or replacement. If it is positive that the outside influence caused the issue I may offer a reduced price on the componets only , as a good will gesture , on a one time only bases.

Well it appears that you have settle out the issues. best of luck with your future endeavors. It's tail lights & tail pipes Baby!!!!!! ___PTEngineering
Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Benzgal...I'm liking your priorities...!. Glad to hear that you'll be getting your car back soon. From another Beast driver with a MB flagged engine...do a burn out for us...I like to do mine in front of the MB service managers office.

Stay safe!
AMGfan,
Haha thank you for making me laugh so early. I will do one just for you.

James,
It's comin...it's comin. You just want to see if it's faster than your K8. Come on be honest. j/k

Havoc,
Thank you for the nice words.

MB_Forever,
Thank you. I really do feel good about my choice. I can wait to share videos with you guys.

PTE,
I agree with you and it sounds like you have a cool job. I received news last night that no one was ever in contact with RT. All smoke and mirrors. I do plan on testing the previous companies software and having it dissected to find the error. I will post my findings with you guys. In my favor or not. It really sucks cause I have been very honest with my side of the story.

The sun is out so I will smile.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...I received news last night that no one was ever in contact with RT. All smoke and mirrors...
wow, that speaks volumes and falls right in line with many unrelated things that are going on around here!!!

p.s. let me know where you'll be posting after you get banned.

Last edited by chiromikey; 07-29-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!

James,
It's comin...it's comin. You just want to see if it's faster than your K8. Come on be honest. j/k
AAwwwww i miss you too Angel. lol
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Holy cow!!! Brad never said he spoke with RT......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Engine