Sponsored by:

New Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Can someone verify if this "flag" thing is true? I was at my dealer (MBLN) a while ago, and had an oil seal leak. They said it was caused by the renntech pulley installation and they couldnt repair it under warranty until it was returned to factory condition. I asked my service advisor if my car was flagged, and they said they dont flag cars. So is it just a courtesy from them, or is there no such thing?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by psk145
Can someone verify if this "flag" thing is true? I was at my dealer (MBLN) a while ago, and had an oil seal leak. They said it was caused by the renntech pulley installation and they couldnt repair it under warranty until it was returned to factory condition. I asked my service advisor if my car was flagged, and they said they dont flag cars. So is it just a courtesy from them, or is there no such thing?
Flagging is reality- I think its called section 8 or something like that. Once this occurs I believe an MB factory rep has to authorize any warranty repairs. I am sure there are many that can add to this and clarify.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Angela,

I wish you luck and hope you get what you have been chasing after for a long time. I hope RT can give you what you are looking for and finally have the car of your dreams!

Can't wait to hear and see the results..

Just a word of advice... be very clear on the recommended break-in procedures and follow them to the T.. Have the oil inspected at 200miles during break-in and then again at 500miles to make sure all is well inside.

Lastly... HAVE FUN!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Vic55
Flagging is reality- I think its called section 8 or something like that. Once this occurs I believe an MB factory rep has to authorize any warranty repairs. I am sure there are many that can add to this and clarify.
You are right vic. It is called status 8 and it means no warranty claims to be processed without the factory rep's express approval. So It basically means once modded and tagged you dont have a warranty of the motor, trans, suspension, diff, subframe etc. But your window regulators and navigation system warranty is intact since they are not related.

But again, the trick to NOT being flagged is knowing your service writer, the tech, the shop foreman and the manager at the dealership. If you are on good terms with everyone and you have an issue you will get it taken care of. But honestly AMG and MB are now SO strict on claims with the 55k motors that it still might get flagged. The process to request an amg motor replacement is now filled with red tape. They know whats going on and they know what to look for. If they see a nut on a pulley that looks like its been touched with a wrench or impact gun and there is no factory warranty claim for a broken pulley and replacement they pretty much void the warranty straight away.

RT will have her an extremely strong motor when shes done. This time I dont think it will go up in a rich fuel plume of smoky destruction.

Never fun to see a member go through these troubles. Its an honest pain in the butt and always very expensive.

Good Luck!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
more than 1 status

There are more than just 1 status ...

Some mean that HQ must approve ALL warranty work ... even if it is just a window switch.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Old 07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by vrus
Angela,

I wish you luck and hope you get what you have been chasing after for a long time. I hope RT can give you what you are looking for and finally have the car of your dreams!

Can't wait to hear and see the results..

Just a word of advice... be very clear on the recommended break-in procedures and follow them to the T.. Have the oil inspected at 200miles during break-in and then again at 500miles to make sure all is well inside.

Lastly... HAVE FUN!!!
Victor,
Hey buddy how are you? I bet that baby is getting big and I hope your wife is well. I am happy to say that your creation will be putting the air into my monster engine.
It has always been my favorite mod. I hope to see you next time you are in town.

Warmest regards old friend
Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
You are right vic. It is called status 8 and it means no warranty claims to be processed without the factory rep's express approval. So It basically means once modded and tagged you dont have a warranty of the motor, trans, suspension, diff, subframe etc. But your window regulators and navigation system warranty is intact since they are not related.

But again, the trick to NOT being flagged is knowing your service writer, the tech, the shop foreman and the manager at the dealership. If you are on good terms with everyone and you have an issue you will get it taken care of. But honestly AMG and MB are now SO strict on claims with the 55k motors that it still might get flagged. The process to request an amg motor replacement is now filled with red tape. They know whats going on and they know what to look for. If they see a nut on a pulley that looks like its been touched with a wrench or impact gun and there is no factory warranty claim for a broken pulley and replacement they pretty much void the warranty straight away.

RT will have her an extremely strong motor when shes done. This time I dont think it will go up in a rich fuel plume of smoky destruction.

Never fun to see a member go through these troubles. Its an honest pain in the butt and always very expensive.

Good Luck!
Thank you for the kind words!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have wonderful news to share with everyone. The first dyno pull on a floor dynojet was done on my car this morning. I can tell you that after that phone conversation I could give a rats **** what happened to my car. Damn, at this point if I would have know the final outcome I would have taken a sledge hammer to the cylinders myself. I finally got the car I have wanted and the grin on my face is a mile long. For those of you that know me, multiply that time 100 and share my smile. The car is still being broken in and has a few more things to be done, but I can't express in words how happy I am.

Thank you Hartmut, Bob, Steve, Jeff, and the rest of the talented team of RENNtech. You have made me a car that is safe, special, fast, and I am one happy girl. You are trusted by the dealerships, MBUSA, AMG, McLaren, Rock Stars (lol), and have earned not only my respect by loyalty. Your shop in Florida is an awesome sight to see and I feel lucky. You are truly the best of the best in the industry. Thank YOU!!!!

Watch out at the track boys!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I have wonderful news to share with everyone. The first dyno pull on a floor dynojet was done on my car this morning. I can tell you that after that phone conversation I could give a rats **** what happened to my car. Damn, at this point if I would have know the final outcome I would have taken a sledge hammer to the cylinders myself. I finally got the car I have wanted and the grin on my face is a mile long. For those of you that know me, multiply that time 100 and share my smile. The car is still being broken in and has a few more things to be done, but I can't express in words how happy I am.

Thank you Hartmut, Bob, Steve, Jeff, and the rest of the talented team of RENNtech. You have made me a car that is safe, special, fast, and I am one happy girl. You are trusted by the dealerships, MBUSA, AMG, McLaren, Rock Stars (lol), and have earned not only my respect by loyalty. Your shop in Florida is an awesome sight to see and I feel lucky. You are truly the best of the best in the industry. Thank YOU!!!!

Comon, throw us a bone..... what do the numbers look like?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

congratz!

I'd send my car to florida if I could get some damn traction!

Glad to hear everything worked out. Also very please to hear that your experiences with Renntech are the same as mine ...

Now everyone ... wait for it ... wait for it ...

where's jangy's negative post ???

wait for it ...

wait for it ...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55

Congrats and enjoy.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
+1Billion!!!

Come onnn!!!!

You obviously pulled something more than what you pulled before.

Last I checked you were in the 500whp club in the lower to mid 5's.

For you to be as happy as you were, I would bet on mid 5's no??

Been around here too long to sneak that past us girlfriend.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I was happy with my old 517 at the wheels LOL

Last edited by BENZGal; 07-30-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
hi Angela...
wow just read this thread in its entirety.
Didn't know anything about your engine blowing up...
However, great to hear the wonderful news that your new RENNtech monster is ready !
Can't wait to see it / ride in it...

as always, you know me... your secrets are all safe with me.
I've missed talking to you in the past 9 months I've been gone.

Carlos

Saprissa
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...Watch out at the track boys!
YOU need to watch out...i'm going to hitch a small bus to your bumper so i can try to keep up!

Last edited by chiromikey; 07-31-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Don't worry SLKer, my feelings for RennTech have multiplied by a thousand fold after today. Funny how missy accused me of exactly what their camp is up to and was so quick to slit my throat. What negative is there to say? Angela gave the update. She got a phone call and now the car is safe. I'm glad she knows who her friends are, or at least for this week. Glad to hear that your experience was the same, LOL!! Great website by the way. Under customer testimonials, they boast about an E55 owner giving them props and the pic is of a non - AMG!! LOL, does anyone proofread over there?

If the car is putting out low 500s to the floor, then it is just a rebuilt stage 5 or any E55 with $10K in VRP mods.

Time will tell the rest of the lies from either side.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
lol, sorry jangy...it's not putting out low 500's anymore. and there's no need for you to be that way about it either.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow

I told you guys/gals to wait for it ... surprised it actually took 1 hour and 34 minutes for Jangy to post his negative comments.

Bitter man ... Bitter.

Btw how much was your dyno again? Wait what was your trapspeed again?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lol, sorry jangy...it's not putting out low 500's anymore. and there's no need for you to be that way about it either.

Actually, there is. I agreed with your earlier post and backed off, but I got bit so I am back. Stick up for your friend. She used to be mine as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R
I told you guys/gals to wait for it ... surprised it actually took 1 hour and 34 minutes for Jangy to post his negative comments.

Bitter man ... Bitter.

HAHA!! Glad I could be of help and sorry for the late reply. I was eating some watermelon and telling my wife the entire story about Angela's cars.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R

Bitter man ... Bitter.

Oh BTW, I dunno what mine puts out, I haven't dyno'd yet. As long as we have been sparring, can't you at least get on track with the hate? I don't care if Benzgal ends up with a faster car. That doesn't drive me. As stated before, my feelings for renntech have everything to do with their pompous attitude NOT their products or work and that was reinforced today by the newest Bob on the block.

You tell me what you want my dyno and trap speed to be and I'll go make the data for you. LOL at a dude in an SLK talking smack to me.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
I can tell you that after that phone conversation I could give a rats **** what happened to my car
Too LATE!!

The drama has began, you started it..........

So what is that MAGIC number????

Is it better than 570RWHP???

Because if it is not.................................. than you just spent $40K for what I charge under $15K.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
You tell me what you want my dyno and trap speed to be and I'll go make the data for you. LOL at a dude in an SLK talking smack to me.
Yeah this SLK is talking smack ... you 1/4 mile times are SLOW in comparison.

Btw Jangy you really don't want to get into a my wallet is bigger than yours with me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Engine