Sponsored by:

I'm in therapy now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Thumbs up I'm in therapy now

Three days ago, I was walking out of work at 8PM, after getting in at 7AM. A particularily long, stressful day, dealing with new clients, Human Resources, and still trying to find 1 Kleemann wheel for a good friend of mine. Walking out to the nearly empty, dark parking lot, I see something that relaxes me: my gorgeous E. Unlocking the doors, the flash of the hazards, the Beast wakes from it's slumber. Getting in and shutting the door, and feeling the seat move into my position, I realize that this isn't just going home from work, this is an experience. Here I sit, breathing in the aroma of the Napa leather, the texture of the steering wheel, and the key, still in my right hand. Putting it in the ignition, turning it, the Beast comes to life, growling, shaking as the idle smoothes down. I exhale, laying my head back on the headrest, my hand on the shift knob, feeling completely connected tonight with Her. Putting Her in Drive, and pulling out of the lot, the xenons brighten up the night with a heavenly glow. On the road, I hear the rumble of the exhaust, the cool air from the vents keeping me alert, and feel the pull of the hand-built V8 engine as I aproach a green light for a gentle left turn, about 50 miles per hour. Driving, I am completely conscious of absolutely everything around me, yet completely relaxed. I somehow make the next 5 greenlights, something that never happens in the Chicagoland area. Managing 15 miles in 22 minutes, I am negotiating all the curves I meet methodically, almost surgically, at one with the car, and actually smiling. Feeling the feedback from the steering wheel, the sound of the engine, and the comfort of the seat, I realize I own this car, this Beast, for more than just looking good, it makes me feel good. Pulling into my driveway, I pause before shutting her down, I take a deep breath, revitalized, and refreshed....until the next long day at work, when I can once again look forward to getting in, starting Her up, and starting my "therapy session".

Nick
Old 08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Who needs sleep when you have The Beast to keep you awake!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Until you have to fill up again with fuel, it happens so often I nearly need professional therapy

Nice bit of writing there my friend, reminds me of why I have an amg
Old 08-24-2008, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by nick 55
Three days ago, I was walking out of work at 8PM, after getting in at 7AM. A particularily long, stressful day, dealing with new clients, Human Resources, and still trying to find 1 Kleemann wheel for a good friend of mine. Walking out to the nearly empty, dark parking lot, I see something that relaxes me: my gorgeous E. Unlocking the doors, the flash of the hazards, the Beast wakes from it's slumber. Getting in and shutting the door, and feeling the seat move into my position, I realize that this isn't just going home from work, this is an experience. Here I sit, breathing in the aroma of the Napa leather, the texture of the steering wheel, and the key, still in my right hand. Putting it in the ignition, turning it, the Beast comes to life, growling, shaking as the idle smoothes down. I exhale, laying my head back on the headrest, my hand on the shift knob, feeling completely connected tonight with Her. Putting Her in Drive, and pulling out of the lot, the xenons brighten up the night with a heavenly glow. On the road, I hear the rumble of the exhaust, the cool air from the vents keeping me alert, and feel the pull of the hand-built V8 engine as I aproach a green light for a gentle left turn, about 50 miles per hour. Driving, I am completely conscious of absolutely everything around me, yet completely relaxed. I somehow make the next 5 greenlights, something that never happens in the Chicagoland area. Managing 15 miles in 22 minutes, I am negotiating all the curves I meet methodically, almost surgically, at one with the car, and actually smiling. Feeling the feedback from the steering wheel, the sound of the engine, and the comfort of the seat, I realize I own this car, this Beast, for more than just looking good, it makes me feel good. Pulling into my driveway, I pause before shutting her down, I take a deep breath, revitalized, and refreshed....until the next long day at work, when I can once again look forward to getting in, starting Her up, and starting my "therapy session".

Nick
I hear ya. I absolutely love getting in to my car every time. It makes the journey so much more enjoyable.

I can't wait for your next poetic write up when you...unleash the Beast!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:33 PM

CL65
awesome writeup

It's great to hear stories of owners that truely appreciate their MB's.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Great write-up, even though U cheat on your beast with a P-car!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by nick 55

Nick
I share you exact feelings.... I sometimes just stay sitting in my car for 10 to 20 minutes after I've entered my garage just recollecting the enjoyment of the drive
Old 08-25-2008, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Good, now post in the correct section :P