W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63
MPH
If you want to do the COME ONE COME ALL thing this is what would impress the holy living crap out of me:

Load up your truck and your test car and you go to NoCal either Laguna Seca, Infineon or ThunderHill and one SoCal track ButtonWillow, WillowSprings or Fontana and you order up one or two Dyno days.
THEN you get out the Megaphone and the popcorn and maybe your favorite tuner mag and you call COME ONE COME ALL!!!

That would just be two track days(one north and one south) and 1-2 dyno days.

I would like to see your dyno numbers, your 1/4 mile times, and your LAP time at two of those tracks one SoCal and one NoCal track.
You would kick everyones BUTT here in the Mercedes Capital of the world and the location of ALOT of tuners. You could go from up and coming to NUMBER ONE in one week.
I am more of a road racer anyway and I would like to see what your Tuning is doing to my suspension on the track good or bad. That way I would know what else I have to Mod to handle the brute power I will now have.
(Do you do suspension?)

I dont think thats too much to ask for a $6000 tune AND it would be a MASSIVE PR coup for your company. I think if you can justify $6000 for your tune (ECU AND TCU) then you should come out here and show it off.

We did this with Porsche like I wanna say 3 years ago with some Turbos and got a mag article out of it and it was LOADS of fun.
Even you could show that there are more tuners in the East Midwest or
Canada, Still most Magazines are out here in SoCal and that would lend itself to you getting more PR.
That would be alot more impressive than a single 116mph 1/4 run

And I am not trying to be mean or anything like that but you are obviously excited about your product and there are some who are skeptical at the price and you could cover both of those with the one massive HorsePower SHOW!

Last edited by paulGT3; 10-02-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by paulGT3
MPH
If you want to do the COME ONE COME ALL thing this is what would impress the holy living crap out of me:

Load up your truck and your test car and you go to NoCal either Laguna Seca, Infineon or ThunderHill and one SoCal track ButtonWillow, WillowSprings or Fontana and you order up one or two Dyno days.
THEN you get out the Megaphone and the popcorn and maybe your favorite tuner mag and you call COME ONE COME ALL!!!

That would just be two track days(one north and one south) and 1-2 dyno days.

I would like to see your dyno numbers your 1/4 mile times and your LAP time at two of those tracks one SoCal and one NoCal track.
You would kick everyones BUTT here in the Mercedes Capital of the world and the location of ALOT of tuners. You could go from up and coming to NUMBER ONE in one week.
I am more of a road racer anyway and I would like to see what your Tuning is doing to my suspension on the track good or bad. That way I would know what else I have to Mod to handle the brute power I will now have.

I dont think thats too much to ask for a $6000 tune AND it would be a MASSIVE PR coup for your company. I think if you can justify $6000 for your tune (ECU AND TCU) then you should come out here and show it off.

We did this with Porsche like I wanna say 3 years ago with some Turbos and got a mag article out of it and it was LOADS of fun.
Even you could show that there are more tuners in the East Midwest or
Canada, Still most Magazines are out here in SoCal and that would lend itself to you getting more PR.
That would be alot more impressive than a single 116mph 1/4 run

And I am not trying to be mean or anything like that but you are obviously excited about your product and there are some who are skeptical at the price and you could cover both of those with the one massive HorsePower SHOW!
First, please stop throwing a $6000 figure around, as not all our tunes are $6000. Next, we can fly out to SoCal or any other locale for such a test, dyno only obviously, just as easily as others can fly out to the Midwest or East Coast. Rags don't care where you test.

The best way to judge who has the best performance tune is to line up at the same strip on the same day. The good news is I'm sure there will be someone running another tune in a like modded C63 at MIR.

I don't see why other tuners don't step up and discount one tune to a member attending the race. Let's start with that.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:40 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
In addition to running my own MHP tuned C63 we'll tune another for free (just like everybody else). I'm not sure I can make it any easier for the competition?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
In addition to running my own MHP tuned C63 we'll tune another for free (just like everybody else). I'm not sure I can make it any easier for the competition?
:cricketschirping:
Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 AM

AMG C63
Sorry man
I thought the tune for the C63 was $6000 and the 55s were 5000? If I am using the wrong number I apologize. What would the stage one just a ECU and TCU be for the straight AMG C63 is and I will start using the right number.
I just want to be over 500hp with the associated torq value.

thats a good idea about a list member having a tune and show up at your track is a good place to start. But as an engineer I dont like the test set up. You would have a definate advantage, if one system were to have a fault.

But even me as a Texan has to admit the car world (your world) revolves around out here. And you would have access to alot of tuners AND probably MANY immediate customers if you reach your goals as stated earlier.
Lots of dough out here and if you make a big splash there are probably ALOT more guys in SoCal who would plunk down $$(TUNE MONEY) on the spot than say Cedar Rapids Iowa!

The thing I like about all the tuners being in one place at one time is all you guys have access to all your stuff, instead of a customer at MIR who may have a fault and cant trouble shoot while you would have all your stuff there and make and immediate fix

Again I apologize for using the wrong number and would like to use the right one its just for a tune the number I was using was an Order of Magnitude more than say that powerchip tune that was stickied on the C204 area.
I apologize again.
I really do wish you luck and I think alot of my problem is not understanding what the product is and what it does for the money and thats my problem, I need to understand it more. Like the TCU part that is as you say a huge advantage for you product especially the way this car AMG C63 is engineered.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:02 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Sorry man
I thought the tune for the C63 was $6000 and the 55s were 5000? If I am using the wrong number I apologize. What would the stage one just a ECU and TCU be for the straight AMG C63 is and I will start using the right number.
I just want to be over 500hp with the associated torq value.
I'll post pricing for all makes that we tune in the next week, after the results of v2 63 tuning are posted. Our stage I package for C63s was $5500 (inc. thermalnators, filters, ECU and TCU tuning).

thats a good idea about a list member having a tune and show up at your track is a good place to start. But as an engineer I dont like the test set up. You would have a definate advantage, if one system were to have a fault.
Huh? We're out of Ohio, the race in is Maryland...Explain.

But even me as a Texan has to admit the car world (your world) revolves around out here. And you would have access to alot of tuners AND probably MANY immediate customers if you reach your goals as stated earlier.
Lots of dough out here and if you make a big splash there are probably ALOT more guys in SoCal who would plunk down $$(TUNE MONEY) on the spot than say Cedar Rapids Iowa!
Having freelanced for Primedia I can tell you for a fact rags don't care a bit about where a test is conducted, and again, it's a decent drive for us to get to MIR.

The thing I like about all the tuners being in one place at one time is all you guys have access to all your stuff, instead of a customer at MIR who may have a fault and cant trouble shoot while you would have all your stuff there and make and immediate fix
First, any tune that throws a code is junk, so we're not worried. Next, all our tuning hardware/software is portable so that's not a valid reason either.

Again I apologize for using the wrong number and would like to use the right one its just for a tune the number I was using was an Order of Magnitude more than say that powerchip tune that was stickied on the C204 area.
I apologize again.
You don't have to apologize. If an objective tester (customer) makes the same (or close to) the same power as posted by PC in the 204 forum I'll be the first to congratulate them. Believe me, I want someone to buy it and test it at the dyno and track asap. Also ask PC if they modify part throttle as well as WOT tables, and if they can do anything with the TCU? We're the only ones that offer complete driveline tuning.

I really do wish you luck and I think alot of my problem is not understanding what the product is and what it does for the money and thats my problem, I need to understand it more. Like the TCU part that is as you say a huge advantage for you product especially the way this car AMG C63 is engineered.
Read the first post of this thread and you'll get an idea of what TCU tuning (again, I don't know of anyone else that's doing anything worth a **** with TCUs besides us) can do.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 10-02-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 AM

AMG C63
Thanks Andy
and Thanks for putting up with a lot of BS questions and keeping a happy face when you didnt have to.

I DID NOT KNOW you were in Ohio, i thought you were in Maryland so that shows you what I know LOL!!!

Again Good luck to you . I think you have a unique product and I look forward to its success.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:28 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Thanks Andy
and Thanks for putting up with a lot of BS questions and keeping a happy face when you didnt have to.

I DID NOT KNOW you were in Ohio, i thought you were in Maryland so that shows you what I know LOL!!!

Again Good luck to you . I think you have a unique product and I look forward to its success.
NP and thanks!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Hey Andy, I'll offer my car if you want to develop a tune for the E430. What do you say?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RBrenton
Hey Andy, I'll offer my car if you want to develop a tune for the E430. What do you say?

Thanks for the offer but we're primarily looking for 63 testers (if not 55/65s). However if another tuner wants to compare E430 tunes as well, we're game.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
I'm curious to find out myself. I love 6'5" 180lb tough guys.
Married AND straight, thanks.

And a nice, athletic 242 lbs to keep your fantasies going.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Andy, what can you do with my 2008 ML 320 CDI (turbo diesel)? I'm dead serious, they are tunning the crap out of them in Europe and the middle east. I hear hp gains of 100 + and torque gains north of 200 are very easily attained. Do you or Dave have any experience with them? I'll bring 2 silver bullets to MIR

Last edited by jrcart; 10-02-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Jrcart - What is the status of your Black Series and the ECU/TCU from MHP ?? I'm interested to hear your thoughts....
Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by LZH
Jrcart - What is the status of your Black Series and the ECU/TCU from MHP ?? I'm interested to hear your thoughts....
Same here.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Long story short, my car is out of commision for a couple weeks getting lots of stuff done to it. I will post up results and my feelings on the MHP tune as soon as I get a chance to drive the car.

I did recieve Andy's MHP Thermalnators, they appear to be of very high quality, instal was a breeze. I did take the car to the track, but the air temps where only in the low 60's and I had close to an hour wait between runs so I can't really honestly say how they performed.

Last edited by jrcart; 10-02-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Andy, what can you do with my 2008 ML 320 CDI (turbo diesel)? I'm dead serious, they are tunning the crap out of them in Europe and the middle east. I hear hp gains of 100 + and torque gains north of 200 are very easily attained. Do you or Dave have any experience with them? I'll bring 2 silver bullets to MIR

Disclaimer: I am not trying to crap on MHP's stuff, or hurt their business in any way.

If MHP does not have a program for your CDI, I would recommend the Kleemann KD Box. I ran on on my E320 CDI & it was a completely different car. The KD Box has 4 settings (stock + 3 others) that are user adjustable. At max setting you get an increase of about 16% hp & 20% tq, it really does change the way it feels. The only casualty can be fuel economy, as it's more fun to keep your foot in, but overall, the fuel economy remains the same or better if you drive normally. The system is inline & not a reflash or chipping of the existing ECU. Install takes about 45 minutes the first time & can be done in about 15 after that.

They (Kleemann) do ECU work to CDI's as well, but Cory at Kleemann USA recommended the KD box for it's versatility and price. I think they run $800 retail nowadays. The Kleemann ECU tune for it was around $1,200 or so, IIRC & really no better (again according to Cory).

If MHP has a product, by all means try them out. However, the Kleemann one is an option & it's pretty impressive. (Not meant to mean MHP can't get more/better performance out of one, but for $800, it's a steal)

Back to your regular scheduled programming!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
LET has the ability to tune the CDIs. I believe HP gain was ~75 and the TQ ~150 on the last tune.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I also hear that LET has some V12TT tuning applications too...I need to check them out.

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
LET has the ability to tune the CDIs. I believe HP gain was ~75 and the TQ ~150 on the last tune.
I've been looking for this article on a Brabus E320 CDI which gained 100 hp and something like 205 torque at the wheels with only ecu tunning, filters and cat back exhaust. If I'm not mistaken it makes somehting like 460 torque stock and the Brabus tune brought it up to 675 or something like that.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a 9 month old son and I spend more time driving around in my Jeep Unlimited Rubicon or ML than any of my other cars as of late and it always seems that is when I get the punk pulling up next to me in his Civic or Cobalt SS reving his motor and I'd like to be able to give them a run for their money, of course not when the child is in the car with me.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Jim,
Send it, we're ready. Same $ back guarantee.

Thanks
Andy
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Pics of stock cams:

Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Married AND straight, thanks.

And a nice, athletic 242 lbs to keep your fantasies going.
Awesome!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:04 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Why not pony up and become a real sponsor Wayne/LET?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by MHP
Why not pony up and become a real sponsor Wayne/LET?
I believe LET is already an established sponsor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)