Thanks Vadim!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Thanks Vadim!

I finally had my VR600 installed and all I could say is WOW! Vadim, Eric, and Sam did a great job getting my car out on a Saturday. They started the install around 9 and finished up before 4. They were all very friendly and answered every question along the way...thanks guys!

On the very 1st test run we noticed some belt slippage, easily taken care of. On the 2ND run it was a whole different story, a huge difference in power over the entire power band especially the mid to upper range. Sorry Vadim for the head slammage against the headrest..., overly excited. Overall I'm very very happy and money well spent.

One thing I did notice was that the s/c clutch engagement was much more noticeable. It was noticeable before and I already knew it would be accentuated due to the large pulley. I tell you, when that s/c engages it really engages. One abnormal thing did happen during a test run this evening, I started from a roll in 1st gear and got on it about 3/4 throttle and the car jerked twice, very abrupt. Has this happend to anyone?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
One quick question. After having the VR600 installed I would like to have my car dynoed but my only concern is not having the cooling upgrade yet. Do you guys think after a few dyno runs my s/c will suffer from heat soak and shut off? I'll have it done once Vadim finalizes his new cooling upgrade package.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Sorry Vadim for the head slammage against the headrest...

Now that's funny..
Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I finally had my VR600 installed and all I could say is WOW! Vadim, Eric, and Sam did a great job getting my car out on a Saturday. They started the install around 9 and finished up before 4. They were all very friendly and answered every question along the way...thanks guys!

On the very 1st test run we noticed some belt slippage, easily taken care of. On the 2ND run it was a whole different story, a huge difference in power over the entire power band especially the mid to upper range. Sorry Vadim for the head slammage against the headrest..., overly excited. Overall I'm very very happy and money well spent.

One thing I did notice was that the s/c clutch engagement was much more noticeable. It was noticeable before and I already knew it would be accentuated due to the large pulley. I tell you, when that s/c engages it really engages. One abnormal thing did happen during a test run this evening, I started from a roll in 1st gear and got on it about 3/4 throttle and the car jerked twice, very abrupt. Has this happend to anyone?
Vadim is the man....
Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by bassn_07
One quick question. After having the VR600 installed I would like to have my car dynoed but my only concern is not having the cooling upgrade yet. Do you guys think after a few dyno runs my s/c will suffer from heat soak and shut off? I'll have it done once Vadim finalizes his new cooling upgrade package.

My bad bro. I need to get my car up there so I can get the cooling done. I dunno if your SC will shut off or not, but your timing will be pulled as the IATs climb, so you won't see the car's true potial. I'd guess you will get the same max HP and TQ, but not a true under the curve.

As for the Jerk. Did Vadim feel it? Being in first, one of the jerks could have been the SC engaging. The other, hmmmmmm... Could it have been your foot jerking? Mine does that from time to time, like a horse that is just ready! Worst case, check the pulley to make sure the key didn't give way. When my RennTech pulley failed I felt the same double jerk.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
mine jerks HARD like clockwork at 3500 RPM if I accelerate slowly and hold it in 1st gear. I think it must be the SC engaging late
Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
...Being in first, one of the jerks could have been the SC engaging. The other, hmmmmmm... Could it have been your foot jerking?
+1
It might have been your foot. The same happened to me when I did the pulley upgrade. It happens when you partial throttle, but somewhat aggressive.
Easy fix, next time just put the paddle to the floor...hard.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
bassn_07:

Thank you for your business!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the hard jerk in "S" mode about 50% of time..

this only happens if I feather the throttle and avoid blasting through take off...

in C mode.. the engagement is not felt as much.. therefore my wife drives in C mode.

if you used your stock belt.. maybe try a newer one.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I removed my sprint booster and things got a lot better. It seems that the sprint booster was conflicting with the tune...or something. Anyways, I'll be having a new s/c clutch installed tomorrow under warranty. I spoke to my SA and they will install the 07 SL55 clutch pack but he believes the 06 and 07 are the same. Either way he'll do either if it makes me happy. Anyone else have any knowledge on this subject?

Vadim was in the Bay Area today on business and took the time to check a CEL that popped up on my E. It was nothing serious, just a vacuum line or something that came loose. Now that's customer service! Vadim is a great guy and I highly recommend him to anyone in the market for mods. Thanks again Vadim. I'll be seeing you in November.