Sponsored by:

Quaife installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E55, GMC Suburban, F430 matchbox, Caddooo DTS
Quaife installed

It is amazing what a difference the car is with the LSD in it. I use one of those GBox's to record my acceleration time and the time dropped by almost 3/10 of a second with just the LSD. But, other than just the faster acceleration the car is such a different animal now. If I had know what it would have felt like I would have done this modification so long ago. My shop kept telling me that I should put it in but I didn't listen to them until now. This was the best bang for the buck modification I have done to my car yet. It cost me $1625.00 for the LSD and they charged me $1134.00 for the install and I know that there were a couple of factory parts that were replaced when the did the install.

Get your *** down to your shop and tell them to install a Quaife, it's worth the investment. Make sure that they get a genuine Quaife LSD because I heard that there are Chinese copies that just recently hit the market and the old distributor of Quaife in the USA is now trying to sell there own type of LSD as well. The Quaife unit also comes with a lifetime warrantee.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
I wish you would have seen our post for the special before you paid the $1600+, however I'm glad to hear that you love your quaife LSD! It is a great mod, especially with all the torque these 55's have.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
I wish you would have seen our post for the special before you paid the $1600+, however I'm glad to hear that you love your quaife LSD! It is a great mod, especially with all the torque these 55's have.
If I lived in San Diego I would have checked you guys out but I am a firm believer of supporting the shop that I use to install my parts even if it costs me a couple of extra dollars. That way I know they have me covered 100%. Besides, the guys I use are awesome and they do everything for me on my cars, I never go back to the dealer for anything, not even warranty related issues.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cpais
If I lived in San Diego I would have checked you guys out but I am a firm believer of supporting the shop that I use to install my parts even if it costs me a couple of extra dollars. That way I know they have me covered 100%. Besides, the guys I use are awesome and they do everything for me on my cars, I never go back to the dealer for anything, not even warranty related issues.
I glad to hear that, if you do not support your local shop they may not be there tomorrow.

Finding a shop you trust is hard to find, I'm glad you have one local to you. If you don't mind me asking, if you do not want to post it please PM but where are you located and who is your installer. We have a few customers from different parts of the states who are always looking for qualified installed on these Qauifes.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM

I glad to hear that, if you do not support your local shop they may not be there tomorrow.

Finding a shop you trust is hard to find, I'm glad you have one local to you. If you don't mind me asking, if you do not want to post it please PM but where are you located and who is your installer. We have a few customers from different parts of the states who are always looking for qualified installed on these Qauifes.
I am from New York and the shop I use is on Long Island, I drive from the city to see them, it is well worth it. The name of the place is RPM North. Go ahead and give them a call James (516) 870-0351. They are not the cheapest place around but after years of modifying my cars I am happy to have found them. Go ahead and give them a call.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Is your car stock?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:14 PM

No, I have Kleemann ECU, custom exhaust including headers, intake, larger throttle body and a few other bs things. The LSD was my favorite upgrade behind the exhaust, i'm so glad that I got it.

Is your car stock?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by cpais
No, I have Kleemann ECU, custom exhaust including headers, intake, larger throttle body and a few other bs things. The LSD was my favorite upgrade behind the exhaust, i'm so glad that I got it.

Is your car stock?
are you talking about an E55 as i do not see it in your cars u drive

if yes then does it really help witht he traction problems this car has espicaly when modded?

for example if u turn esp off n push the car from 0 will it turn to one side or wheels spin and u stay straight?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
besides feel and cornering (which is nothing to brag about in our cars) I don't think anyone has ever proven the quaife to improve launches. I admit my launches are likely ecu limited but my 60ft times are identical pretty and post quaife.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zod

if yes then does it really help witht he traction problems this car has espicaly when modded?

for example if u turn esp off n push the car from 0 will it turn to one side or wheels spin and u stay straight?
For this problem, I would suggest RENNtech's rear toe links. We have a few recent customers a CLs63, and a SL55 who both complained about the car leaning to one side when they accelerate in a straight line.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zod

I get sideways more than ever but it is in a good way, a very good way. Now, my car accelerates much harder and the ***, in certain situations, likes to get sideways but it is in a very controllable power slide. Before my car would just spin one tire and not move forward, now I power forward very easily and it is a lot more fun to drive. I know that my car is definitely way more controllable around certain highway ramps that I take at a high rate of speed. I have not really pushed it to see how much faster I can comfortably go down the ramp but I have pushed it harder than ever before and I accelerate from the middle of the turn all the way out much harder now.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Zod
...for example if u turn esp off n push the car from 0 will it turn to one side or wheels spin and u stay straight?
if your car is turning to one side during hard acceleration, there is something going on other than diff issues. our stock diffs are not true lsd, but they should launch us straight and spin both tires when pushed.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
For this problem, I would suggest RENNtech's rear toe links. We have a few recent customers a CLs63, and a SL55 who both complained about the car leaning to one side when they accelerate in a straight line.
No 63 makes enough TQ to need those .
Old 10-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jangy
No 63 makes enough TQ to need those .
haha
Old 10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by chiromikey
if your car is turning to one side during hard acceleration, there is something going on other than diff issues. our stock diffs are not true lsd, but they should launch us straight and spin both tires when pushed.
hmmm
Well this is it simply
If esp. is off and i give it full throttle it will turn side ways eventfully if my foot is still on the accelerator, I have to play around with it to get it straight again. Are you saying this is not normal on 55'k cars?

I think both tires are spinning, but one more then the other?

Have you never experienced this?
And I am talking about roads here not drag strips with glue for roads
With my new tires it is much better but I can still get it to go to one side even if the steering wheel is straight, once the tires are worrmed up good its less noticible, except under full pedle mash
Old 10-30-2008, 06:04 AM

E55 AMG
Original Diff for sale?

Hi!

I'm very likely in need to replace my original differential as it has
developed a worrying play. I'm considering to fit a Quaife but as I'm also
thinking about selling the car, getting hold of a spare
original might be a better choice for me.

So I was thinking that there should be a few of you out there who
have made the switch to a Quaife and would then have the
original part as a leftover. As I can't imagine anyone switching
back to the arguably dodgy original you can sell it to me :-)
If so, you can email me at sak followed by @ and appgate.com or
reply here.

I have not yet reached into the differential, I have taken out the drive shafts
and exhaust system and will hopefully be able pull out the house
and fully diagnose the internals this weekend.

-- Anders Karlsson
Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 AM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
I agree with you. I have noticed a more consistent launch with my new QUAIFE.....Good luck and have fun LAUNCHING.......