W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

MHP's 63 tune is the REAL DEAL!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jangy
SHUTUP!!!!

I have 20/15 vision, I saw what I saw- the TQ info could be a little off.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I think the TQ was 528, but thanks for the bump!!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jangy
I think the TQ was 528, but thanks for the bump!!
It was a quick glance
Old 10-20-2008, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Vic55
I saw his dyno sheet the other day ... 509 rwhp and I think 540 rwtq.
So, what you are saying is on paper Jangy still can't beat my car. I am making more HP (511.4) and near equal torque in my current state of tune (not including NOS), my car is much lighter and I can lay down consistant 1.70 60' times. We don't even have to go to the track to settle this one, simple physics tells me Jangy still does not stand a chance, not even if I run him on motor only.

Lap dances are on me in January everyone.............
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrcart
So, what you are saying is on paper Jangy still can't beat my car. I am making more HP (511.4) and near equal torque in my current state of tune (not including NOS), my car is much lighter and I can lay down consistant 1.70 60' times. We don't even have to go to the track to settle this one, simple physics tells me Jangy still does not stand a chance, not even if I run him on motor only.

Lap dances are on me in January everyone.............
I just quoted the numbers Jim. Please dont drag me into this endless debate that you and Jangy have created on the net.

Lets just wait till Jan to see what transpires ...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Originally Posted by tuningtechnician
I just received the ECU/TCU from Andy/Dave(MHP) for JT55's CLK 63 BS and, according to the first impression with my a$$ dyno, the car is INCREDIBLE and much stronger than the previous tune.

I swapped out the previous ECU that had another tuner's software with the one I just got and the difference is amazing. Andy and Dave told me to "romp the ***** out of it for the first 20 miles so the TCU can adapt" so that is what I did. It just kept feeling better and better every time I launched the car. They also told me that after 200 miles the car will reach its full adaptive potential. That should be something else!

JT, like I told you last night, your car is going to be WICKED!

The car will be dynoed after all of the other mods are complete but the impression from my a$$ dyno is there is no comparison with the other tuner's software especially with now being able to lay down a rolling 45ft 1-2 stretch in sport mode with feathering/partial throttle!

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that this is my first impression of MHP's tune, but I have extensive experience with wickedly fast cars that I've built/owned and know when something makes this kind of difference with just my "feel" for it and not having dyno numbers to back up my claims.

You will not be disappointed with this tune and Andy told me that he would refund my $ if it didn't live up to what he said. It lived up to it and actually surpassed what I was expecting which is nice since most tuners fall short of their claims.

Nice work guys!

My primary objective as a business person is to give my clients the best products regardless of the manufacturer. That is what I do and my clients are my first priority. That is the mantra that I believe in when tuning a client's car. They come to me because of my experience and trust me to give them the best products available. My LOYALTY is to MY CLIENTS!

I have had extensive conversations with Andy and Dave and have discussed many attributes to the tuning code and protocol that they are using and there is not another software tuner that can do what they do. PERIOD. Most of you on this forum wouldn't understand what we discussed but I am sure would love to know. Sorry can't do it because of a confidentiality agreement with MHP.

How does believing in a company's product offering constitute me as a groupie, kiss a$$, etc? If you had the information that I have and you could decipher it, you would be sold on their ability to tackle things through software code that NO ONE ELSE CAN!! Many tuners just manipulate a few variables in a couple of tables in the software and that is it.

There have been things that have been discussed privately and, believe it or not, there has been a fear instilled in the MAJOR software players in the MB world that are scrambling to find ways to DUPLICATE what Andy and Dave are doing. Not speculation...FACT!

I purposely put the DISCLAIMER part for all the negative naysayers that plague this forum. You know who you are....internet gangsta.
The people that know me or have spoken to me know one thing about me...I call a SPADE a SPADE. I choose to take a positive approach unless I am trying to rectify/explain misinformation that is soooo prevalent on this and every other forum. Take it with a grain of salt and know that it is my expert opinion and that is all.

I would really appreciate if anyone has some type of rebuttal that consists of name calling, loyalties or sexual preferences that they PM me their phone number so I can address this man-to-man on the phone. All of the people that I consider internet gangstas I pray that you are coming to Ohio on the 1st or MIR and get to meet me. I am sure most of you will put your tail between your legs and act like the b!tches you really are.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:58 AM

My primary objective as a business person is to give my clients the best products regardless of the manufacturer. That is what I do and my clients are my first priority. That is the mantra that I believe in when tuning a client's car. They come to me because of my experience and trust me to give them the best products available. My LOYALTY is to MY CLIENTS!

How does believing in a company's product offering constitute me as a groupie, kiss a$$, etc? If you had the information that I have and you could decipher it, you would be sold on their ability to tackle things through software code that NO ONE ELSE CAN!!
Your primary objective as a business person is to give your clients the best products regardless of manufacturer... by "best," what exactly do you mean? Most businessmen's primary objective is to make money. Yes, you also have an objective to provide your clients the best products, but would you really be providing them with MHP products if their margin wasn't so much better than the "other" tuners?

We already know their "AMG Tax" is through the roof on the software tuning, so I'm guessing you're making at least 35-50% profit by becoming a dealer, and most likely getting your initial ECU/TCU tune for free and with zero buy-in.

THAT would explain your thoughts on the tune more than anything revolutionary happening. It's common knowledge that the 63's have a lot held up in the ECU... any manufacturer's retune would make a substantial difference in performance on a "butt dyno."

So, there's your response without calling your sexuality into question.

B
Old 10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
All of the people that I consider internet gangstas I pray that you are coming to Ohio on the 1st or MIR and get to meet me. I am sure most of you will put your tail between your legs and act like the b!tches you really are.
I request that everyone stop the "flexing" Talk like this will get you uninvited to this event. We are looking forward to having a fun time, not physical altercations at our MIR event. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but lets take our energy out on the track, not on each other.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
I request that everyone stop the "flexing" Talk like this will get you uninvited to this event. We are looking forward to having a fun time, not physical altercations at our MIR event. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but lets take our energy out on the track, not on each other.
+1
Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
The only muscle I am flexing is that of my car...Sure, I am trying to stir the pot a little with some freindly jabs just to generate some interest in the event. There are going to be a lot of story lines going into this event. I want to keep it entertaining for both those who attend and those who do not.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:34 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Originally Posted by evilb
1.Your primary objective as a business person is to give your clients the best products regardless of manufacturer... by "best," what exactly do you mean? Most businessmen's primary objective is to make money. Yes, you also have an objective to provide your clients the best products, but would you really be providing them with MHP products if their margin wasn't so much better than the "other" tuners?

2.We already know their "AMG Tax" is through the roof on the software tuning, so I'm guessing you're making at least 35-50% profit by becoming a dealer, and most likely getting your initial ECU/TCU tune for free and with zero buy-in.

3.THAT would explain your thoughts on the tune more than anything revolutionary happening. It's common knowledge that the 63's have a lot held up in the ECU... any manufacturer's retune would make a substantial difference in performance on a "butt dyno."

4.So, there's your response without calling your sexuality into question.

B
1.INCORRECT. You are

2.INCORRECT. Again you are

3.I had another tuner's software in the car already and the difference is undeniable with the new tune.

You know what happens when you ASSume so much of which it clearly seems you know very little about.

4.Explain what your post was trying to accomplish? I hope you can make it to MIR since you aren't that far away. Maybe we can have drinks. See ya there GANGSTA!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:46 PM

2006 E55
I have to say this group as a whole is disapointing. While I believe there to be great vendors on this forum I am amazed at how little substance and how much usless banter surrounds discussions of products.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by C32madness
I have to say this group as a whole is disapointing. While I believe there to be great vendors on this forum I am amazed at how little substance and how much usless banter surrounds discussions of products.
+1,000,000
Old 10-20-2008, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Only time will tell if MHP lives up to the hype but from what I can see (which I see with many power mods) is people always concentrating on peak numbers. From day one MHP has been saying it's more about the drive-ability of the TCU tune they provide than anything and their ECU tune just matches up with anyone else out there if not slightly better than most but again it's more about the TCU. Correct me if I'm wrong and I have reading comprehension issues!

Now me personally I am more about the fine tuning of shifts, acceleration, powerband, etc. that Andy mentions the TCU tune provides. Obviously many people are still hung up on dyno numbers and from what I can tell even 1/4 mile times are not the end all in a DD IMO which most if not all these cars are for the most part. How splitting hairs on a tenth or two in the 1/4 or a few more hp on the dyno relates to my daily drive is beyond me but everyone has their opinion on what's important.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by chiromikey
nope not a real doc but i am a super genius.
Gotcha. I thought someone said you were a chiropractor (that's what I meant by 'doctor') and figured that's where the name came from.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Gotcha. I thought someone said you were a chiropractor (that's what I meant by 'doctor') and figured that's where the name came from.
I am a chiropractor, which is why I jokingly said I'm not a "real doctor".

anyways, look through and compare my post history to others and you'll have a really good understanding of what's changed around here.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by evilb
Your primary objective as a business person is to give your clients the best products regardless of manufacturer... by "best," what exactly do you mean? Most businessmen's primary objective is to make money. Yes, you also have an objective to provide your clients the best products, but would you really be providing them with MHP products if their margin wasn't so much better than the "other" tuners?
If you're referring to margin in performance potential then you'd be correct. As for profit margin, lol, trust me, he doesn't make that much. Our tunes cost $ because they take so long to code, as I've repeated ad nauseum on this forum.
Also, since you seem to know very little about the performance aftermarket, the best way to make money and keep making money is to deliver a quality product backed with excellent customer servcie. Anyone that thinks they can pawn off a half assed or even avg product and keep a client isn't going to last in this market.

We already know their "AMG Tax" is through the roof on the software tuning, so I'm guessing you're making at least 35-50% profit by becoming a dealer, and most likely getting your initial ECU/TCU tune for free and with zero buy-in.
It's not even his car, no it wasn't free, and he didn't make a dime off the tune in question--not a single cent. Also, we don't do free tunes.

THAT would explain your thoughts on the tune more than anything revolutionary happening. It's common knowledge that the 63's have a lot held up in the ECU... any manufacturer's retune would make a substantial difference in performance on a "butt dyno."

So, there's your response without calling your sexuality into question.

B
Funny, I've heard from owners of 63s with various others tuners cals in their cars and they can't tell any difference from stock. Some of them have even hit the dyno and seen 0-3hp gains. Until someone else steps up and does the kind of testing we have been and continue to do, it's all heresay on how these cars "should" perform after tuning.

Last edited by MHP; 10-20-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:49 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by racetested
Only time will tell if MHP lives up to the hype but from what I can see (which I see with many power mods) is people always concentrating on peak numbers. From day one MHP has been saying it's more about the drive-ability of the TCU tune they provide than anything and their ECU tune just matches up with anyone else out there if not slightly better than most but again it's more about the TCU. Correct me if I'm wrong and I have reading comprehension issues!

Now me personally I am more about the fine tuning of shifts, acceleration, powerband, etc. that Andy mentions the TCU tune provides. Obviously many people are still hung up on dyno numbers and from what I can tell even 1/4 mile times are not the end all in a DD IMO which most if not all these cars are for the most part. How splitting hairs on a tenth or two in the 1/4 or a few more hp on the dyno relates to my daily drive is beyond me but everyone has their opinion on what's important.
This is a 100% true statement. No one else in the world can provide the TCU changes we do, things that can be felt in daily driving at part throttle as well as at the track (drag/open track) at WOT. That's why we call it complete driveline tuning. Unfortunatley no quanatative measures exist to measure these things, other than getting to drive a car with said mods yourself.
At MIR I'll gladly loan my car out so others can get a feel for exactly what I'm trying to say.

Thanks

Last edited by MHP; 10-20-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jrcart
I have some more good news for you, it appears we will be able to do that $10,000 race afterall, I am going to have my car out in LA in mid January, consider yourself warned. Let's start setting up a track day now so this can go down.
Why don't you guys do this in Vegas at the Speedway? That way, the winner could spread some "cheer" around by buying us some lap dances.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by MHP
I...

Funny, I've heard from owners of 63s with various others tuners cals in their cars and they can't tell any difference from stock. Some of them have even hit the dyno and seen 0-3hp gains. Until someone else steps up and does the kind of testing we have been and continue to do, it's all heresay on how these cars "should" perform after tuning.
Andy your results are impressive but impugning the work of other tuners is not.

Why not have the guys who have "hit the dyno" to post up their results? That way the weak tuner is identified and the others are not slighted by innuendo.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:23 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Andy your results are impressive but impugning the work of other tuners is not.
I specifically declined to mention the name of the other tuner in order to avoid that.

Why not have the guys who have "hit the dyno" to post up their results? That way the weak tuner is identified and the others are not slighted by innuendo.
Results are otw from our E55 tester. He wishes to remain anonymous until dyno results are in but as of right now he's a "happy camper".
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by MHP
I specifically declined to mention the name of the other tuner in order to avoid that.

Results are otw from our E55 tester. He wishes to remain anonymous until dyno results are in but as of right now he's a "happy camper".
V2 done, V3? check your PM. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:44 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
V2 done, V3? check your PM. Keep up the good work.
Going to screw around with some more "small" mods before MIR where v3 will debut. Also plan on doing a 100 octane dyno with v2 (no changes to the 93 octane tune) next week. Checking now...