Fuel Injectors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Fuel Injectors?

If our fuel injector size was increased would that help our performance? Does anyone know our flow rate?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
fuel injectors would only be needed when the duty cycle has been maxed. putting in larger injectors before would just make the car run pig rich. usually anything above 80% or so is time to increase to larger injectors. judging from the power being made on stock injectors, i dont think its needed until someone builds the bottom end, increases displacement, headwork, radical cams, and more boost etc.. just my 2 cents.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
If our fuel injector size was increased would that help our performance? Does anyone know our flow rate?
Dude, where do you get them....your avatar just keeps getting better and better...sorry O/T...lol!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Dude, where do you get them....your avatar just keeps getting better and better...sorry O/T...lol!
and I was expecting a fuel injector response.... that my friend is Katie Cleary!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
The SLR runs different injectors.

E55 injectors have 4 holes in the pintle. SLR ones have 6. Even if the flow rate is the same, 6 holes gives a better misting to the fuel and thus a faster burn for more power. SLR runs more than 600bhp, but most modders are only going to take their cars to 550 at best and it seems that standard items keep up with this level of fuel no problem.

I have SLR injectors in my car, they fit directly into the rail and the plugs are identical, they do not throw any error codes. The car feels smoother - usually a sign of increased power.A1550780049 is the SLR injector part number if you want to get some. I dont know how much they cost, I got mine off a crashed SLR that I robbed for loads of pieces. The SLR injectors are light blue in colour - e55 are black.

Oe numbers on SLR injectors are A1550780049 and 0280156148 also on plug part 060 387 B
Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by joe w211

E55 injectors have 4 holes in the pintle. SLR ones have 6. Even if the flow rate is the same, 6 holes gives a better misting to the fuel and thus a faster burn for more power. SLR runs more than 600bhp, but most modders are only going to take their cars to 550 at best and it seems that standard items keep up with this level of fuel no problem.

I have SLR injectors in my car, they fit directly into the rail and the plugs are identical, they do not throw any error codes. The car feels smoother - usually a sign of increased power.A1550780049 is the SLR injector part number if you want to get some. I dont know how much they cost, I got mine off a crashed SLR that I robbed for loads of pieces. The SLR injectors are light blue in colour - e55 are black.

Oe numbers on SLR injectors are A1550780049 and 0280156148 also on plug part 060 387 B
Were you able to take the SLR coolers off....
Old 11-10-2008, 02:09 PM

E55 AMG
The charge coolers from both cars were damaged as they had both been rolled but even if they had been good, it is a job that is easier said than done.

The supercharger of the SLR is very similar to the E55. The screws are the same, the gearing is the same but the collector is different.

Under the E55 s/c the air is put through a chargecooler and then up into the inlet tract. The t/b on an e55 is at the top of the s/c, mounted above the bypass t/b with the inlet each side.

To fit the SLR coolers you would have to chop into the inlet tubes, taking air from the original charge cooler and passing it through the SLR coolers and then putting it back into the inlet.

If you put the SLR coolers in the same place as in the SLR, this displaces the e55 air filter boxes etc.

It would a major pain in the ....

I have instead doubled up on the radiator in the front bumper, put in a cm90 pump. Separated the engine water, added a reservoir and will now fit mappable aquamist water injection into the inlet, with a tank in the boot for the water and 5% methanol mix. I think this will be more effective at cooling than the SLR coolers anyway. And water injection means I can run even more boost as the 5% methanol increases the RON of the fuel by about 3 octane, meaning I can set up for 103 octane fuel too, a big advantage over cheap 95 basic fuel.

I will put up some photos of the SLR charger if you want to see the differences.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
The charge coolers from both cars were damaged as they had both been rolled but even if they had been good, it is a job that is easier said than done.

The supercharger of the SLR is very similar to the E55. The screws are the same, the gearing is the same but the collector is different.

Under the E55 s/c the air is put through a chargecooler and then up into the inlet tract. The t/b on an e55 is at the top of the s/c, mounted above the bypass t/b with the inlet each side.

To fit the SLR coolers you would have to chop into the inlet tubes, taking air from the original charge cooler and passing it through the SLR coolers and then putting it back into the inlet.

If you put the SLR coolers in the same place as in the SLR, this displaces the e55 air filter boxes etc.

It would a major pain in the ....

I have instead doubled up on the radiator in the front bumper, put in a cm90 pump. Separated the engine water, added a reservoir and will now fit mappable aquamist water injection into the inlet, with a tank in the boot for the water and 5% methanol mix. I think this will be more effective at cooling than the SLR coolers anyway. And water injection means I can run even more boost as the 5% methanol increases the RON of the fuel by about 3 octane, meaning I can set up for 103 octane fuel too, a big advantage over cheap 95 basic fuel.

I will put up some photos of the SLR charger if you want to see the differences.
Nice set up. any pcitures will be great. I don't have an E anymore but love to see new methods and applications of things. I am sure the guys here would love to see them as well...
Old 11-10-2008, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
The screws are the same, the gearing is the same
Nah dude, they cranked up the gearing on the supercharger for the SLR. It's confirmed by VRUS who was workin on it, but just could not get the darn gears off the supercharger without massive cost if at all possible.

Screws are the same though..yes

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....7&postcount=41

Stage 1 Hammer.....Stage 1. You know it's coming. (inside sacto joke)

Last edited by Jakpro1; 11-10-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:59 PM

E55 AMG
Sorry Jakpro1 you are wrong. The gearing is the same. Do you have SLR chargers to check it against ? I do !

Victor is correct that it would be difficult to change if they were different but as they are not geared differently its a non issue.

If the SLR runs more boost, it is done in the same way as the tuners do, i.e by changing the size of the crank pulley. The s/c pullley is the same diameter on the SLR and the SL/E55 the only difference at the front end of the SLR charger apart from the shape of the casing is that the magnetic clutch of an E55 has holes drilled into it and the SRL does not, I think this is to slip the clutch slightly on the E55 to make things as smooth as possible, whereas in the SLR it bites up harder a compromise suitable for a supercar when looking for out and out performance.

I know that you will still doubt me so if I get 5 minutes i will a take a couple of photos to prove the point, i have 3 s/chargers in bits on a table (1SL 2SLR) so its no big problem !
Old 11-14-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLD 04 E55 Now 93 w124 3.2 sold W210 E55 sold waiting on W211 E63 p030
^^^ I like listening to people that know what they are talking about. Waitng for pics.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Most of the dynos posted on this forum show the E55 runs rich at high rpm. It would seem the fuel supply is more than adequate, air isn't. Hope that helps.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55

WOW! great info! Post movies, pictures or anything you have

PS, do you have any pictures or dimensions of the SLR heat excahnger (S/C aftercooler/radiator)??

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 11-14-2008 at 05:40 PM.