W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Vehicle Services' aftermarket warranty??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
'Vehicle Services' aftermarket warranty??

I just received a courtesy call from Vehicle Services about getting an aftermarket warranty on my E55. I purchased the car in June, without warranty from a private party and I have been thinking about getting some sort of warranty coverage for a while now. The car has 46k miles but I guess time-wise, the original warranty period has expired.

Anywho, long story short; the CSR tells me that they will offer me a [practically] bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years/100k miles, at the rate of $2615. To me this sounds too good to be true. I didn't have much time to talk on the phone so I asked for a call back tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this company?? Thanks!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55 AMG
I've been researching a similar warranty for my 03 E55 (similar miles) but the best deal I found so far from a reputable company was about $2600 for a 3 yr b2b. Feel free to post some details on your warranty or if anyone else has had experience with an aftermarket warranty company please post.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
I need an aftermarket warranty also and I should be looking into getting something real soon. If you guys go thru with something good please let me know.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
I was only able to talk to the guy briefly but I asked him what would be covered and he said all mechanical parts (engine and accessories, transmission, suspension), and no electrical... Unless I misunderstood him. I asked about headlights, he said no, though I didn't ask about the bixenon function of the headlights. I also didn't ask about the Airmatic portion of the suspension, but I will when he calls me back tomorrow.

He also said that if I do not use any portion of the warranty within the time period, the company would send me a check for $2500, just $115 shy of the total warranty cost.

Interesting indeed.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
very interesting. please keep us posted. especially about the airmatic thing.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 AM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bobgodd
He also said that if I do not use any portion of the warranty within the time period, the company would send me a check for $2500, just $115 shy of the total warranty cost.
Interesting indeed.
I wonder how many people have actually benefited from that offer?
I think if you read between the lines he's saying that something is bound to break that you would need the help of the warranty to fix.
very interested in what you find out about the airmatic also. I'm doing some research on other warranties also. Will post if I find something good.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:06 PM

2010 Prius :)
im in the same boat guys...i just got a quote from AAAutowarranty

They quoted 3600 for 5yr/100k (thats up to 100k on my odometer)

and it basically covers everything but wear/tear

They also quoted me 2900 for 7yr/100k (this one is 100k of extra coverage) for $2900 but he told me the supercharger is not covered...

What do you guys think?
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Had another chance to talk to the guy today briefly...

Neither the supercharger nor the Airmatic suspension are covered. I didn't even bother to ask about anything else because those are definitely things that I need covered.

If anyone has any options out there that will cover the whole car, I'd love to hear it!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Banned

Had another chance to talk to the guy today briefly...

Neither the supercharger nor the Airmatic suspension are covered. I didn't even bother to ask about anything else because those are definitely things that I need covered.

If anyone has any options out there that will cover the whole car, I'd love to hear it!
the most likely to go out parts and the most expensive pieces to go out lol
Old 10-24-2008, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
the most likely to go out parts and the most expensive pieces to go out lol
That's exactly what I was thinking lol. Once I started asking questions, it started to look more and more like a general/generic mechanical part warranty.

The guy said something that really has me thinking though. He said that in CA, nobody will warranty a supercharger. I find that hard to believe, but since I honestly don't know, I didn't argue with it.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:40 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking lol. Once I started asking questions, it started to look more and more like a general/generic mechanical part warranty.

The guy said something that really has me thinking though. He said that in CA, nobody will warranty a supercharger. I find that hard to believe, but since I honestly don't know, I didn't argue with it.
This was exactly what the guy who called me today said...he told me to find someone out of state who would be willing to have the policy sent to their address since no one in California warranties super/turbochargers...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:22 PM

anyone have any update on how their warranty search is going?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Almost a Member!

bmw
I have a service-agreement with "Prism Administration Services," which is backed by an insurance company, I forgot the name. It was quite pricey, about $4600 for 3 yrs 36k miles. However, it is an "exclusionary policy" meaning it covers everything thats not listed. The list of items on the exclusionary list is fairly minimal and they are mainly maintenance items. The more I think about it, it's really not TOO expensive, considering that it'll cover the odd little items such as your seat massagers, sunshades, navigation, almost everything. It's as close to bumper to bumper as you can get for a 3rd party warranty.

I've heard from two dealers that they have had good experiences with Prism. Perhaps someone here on the board has worked with them before as well ?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
Has anyone actually used their after market warranty to fix the suspension or supercharger on an E55?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Almost a Member!

bmw
Probably not. Those parts in the E55 are very reliable. =P
Old 11-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Not an AMG :(
....the CSR tells me that they will offer me a [practically] bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years/100k miles, at the rate of $2615. To me this sounds too good to be true....
I just had a good chat with my SA and here's the gist of our conversation:
The quality and validity of aftermarket automotive warranties can be quite variable. A lot of the time, the fine print of said warranty is a good indicator.

The bottom line is that the dealership will be the one dealing with the warranty company.
It is no secret that dealerships have their preferences when it comes to warranty companies. For example, the dealership is less likely to deal with a warranty company that takes too long to pay out a claim.

With the caveat that the dealership/MBZ may be 'in bed' with certain warranty companies, a good approach may be to identify those companies your favorite dealership works with. Different dealerships frequently have different preferences.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
I wonder if they have a warraty that just covers the supercharger and suspension. The rest of the stuff I can fix on my own.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Almost a Member!

bmw
Don't parts get pretty pricey too ?