Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
Wanted to chime in quickly. Because of the anticipation regarding me hitting the Dyno I am gonna leave early to head out there in a few. Try to get this over and done. I got several things to do this afternoon, so figured the sooner the better for arguements sake.
Anyway gonna head out in 10-15 minutes. See ya all in a bit.
You da man Jeff. See if you can get the dyno op to put both your original Renntech run and your new MHP tune on the same graph with SAE correction. Please also remember to use the same gear you used before.

Thanks!!!
Andy
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by MHP
Yes, we can tune your TCU to respond differently (shift points at WOT/part throttle, firmness/quickness) in different modes. That being said, it takes a LONG time (we know this from doing something similar to Marko's TCU including custom converter lock up speeds per gear, etc.) and therefore is not cheap.
According to FedEx Marko should be able to tell you himself how much of a difference there is, and if we hit our mark.

Thanks
My TCU is even more custom than what's listed above.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
My TCU is even more custom than what's listed above.
Yeah it was a REAL *****!!! Though the Knight Rider rotating license plate bracket was probably our most impressive feat to date.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
As far as I know, all. Doing direct comparisons between ECU only and ECU&TCU.
Personally I would expect a superior product to cost more, but that's just me.
Not trying to bust your chops.... but RENNtech does the ECU/TCU for $5,800 on the W215 CL65. The last time I checked I thought your prcing was $7,500. I DON'T want to debate which one is "superior product"...just trying to clarify what you said about being cheaper in price than the competition.

Tom
Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MHP
I never said you wanted something for nothing, just that you weren't happy with the pricing we offered for a final product. For the record we've done everything we said we could/would to date.

Our tuning is cheaper than Renntech, Brabus, Carlsson, etc. and the product is far superior. We're targeting the perceived "best" tuners/tuning in the world, we are not an everyman tuner.
You'll get some hard data in about 3hrs when Jeff dyno's his E63 v the Renntech tune he had previously. Again I never said you wanted something for free, but you weren't willing to pay the cost of admission (for a solo TCU even) either. After posting that you would provide the timing table info, and other data from our tuning if you did get your hands one a ECU/TCU, I wouldn't sell you a thing even with a signed non disclaimer agreement.
The reason we initially wanted to only sell complete driveline tuning is simple, with so many crap tunes out there we wanted no part of the liability if we only did one controller. We later decided to carry a non matched version of the TCUs for people sold seperately because there was so much interest.

I can't wait until you and a handful of others are over the "denial" stage, you know what comes next, don't you?
well thank you for clearing up the BS you insinuated about me wanting something for free and that's why i don't have it.

however, don't think for one second i'm not willing to pay for something if i think it's worth it. after your bait and switch, you changed your mind and said YOU wouldn't sell a tcu by itself to a modded e55...and i wasn't about to pay for an ecu from someone that had NEVER EVEN TUNED A 55.

i also NEVER said i would post timing info...i asked YOU to provide it so those of us that understand it could make an informed evaluation about your product. so please, let's quit the b*ullsh*t statements about what you want to remember to suit your argument and what was actually said.

regardless, that's neither here nor there since this all took place BEFORE you began your rants. and because of that, it really doesn't matter what comes next. part of what i pay for in a tuning company (or any company) is how i feel about the people that run the business.

Last edited by chiromikey; 10-28-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Not trying to bust your chops.... but RENNtech does the ECU/TCU for $5,800 on the W215 CL65. The last time I checked I thought your prcing was $7,500. I DON'T want to debate which one is "superior product"...just trying to clarify what you said about being cheaper in price than the competition.

Tom
$6500, trust me, it's worth the extra $700. What variables does Renntech manipulate in the TCU? I doubt it's anywhere near what we do.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by MHP
$6500, trust me, it's worth the extra $700. What variables does Renntech manipulate in the TCU? I doubt it's anywhere near what we do.
Andy, just let the dyno sheet and results from MIR speak for themselves. You are just spinning your wheels (no pun intended) trying to reason with some of these guys. What you say or I say or any of your existing customers say will be questioned until they see some hard results...even then there will be some that question the results. Let the guys who want to question your product question it, they will be the ones left in the dark relying on old technology.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
well thank you for clearing up the BS you insinuated about me wanting something for free and that's why i don't have it.
I insinuated nothing. Like it or not, you were interested in a TCU but when I posted final pricing you balked.

however, don't think for one second i'm not willing to pay for something if i think it's worth it. after your bait and switch, you changed your mind and said YOU wouldn't sell a tcu by itself to a modded e55...and i wasn't about to pay for an ecu from someone that had NEVER EVEN TUNED A 55.
Bait and switch? LOL. We caved into customer demand, BFD. If you really don't think we can tune an E55 explain to me why no other tuner has stepped up to race us at MIR with similarly modded cars to compare tuning on that specific model or any other.

i also NEVER said i would post timing info...i asked YOU to provide it so those of us that understand it could make an informed evaluation about your product. so please, let's quit the b*ullsh*t statements about what you want to remember to suit your argument and what was actually said.
You made reference that it would be posted at some point, if not by you, by one of our customers. As I told you before, that isn't going to happen. All our customers will in the future sign non disclosure agreements (starting this week) which they shouldn't have any problem with as long as they don't plan on reselling our product to a competitor.
If you want someone else to tune your ECU/TCU after we flash it, we'll pay for shipping back and forth and set it back to stock before sending it to someone else. Unfortunately this was necessitated by the recent actions of a competing entity.

regardless, that's neither here nor there since this all took place BEFORE you began your rants. and because of that, it really doesn't matter what comes next. part of what i pay for in a tuning company (or any company) is how i feel about the people that run the business.
My rants? LOL, can you say "hypocrite"?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Andy, just let the dyno sheet and results from MIR speak for themselves. You are just spinning your wheels (no pun intended) trying to reason with some of these guys. What you say or I say or any of your existing customers say will be questioned until they see some hard results...even then there will be some that question the results. Let the guys who want to question your product question it, they will be the ones left in the dark relying on old technology.
You're 100% right Jim.

Just spoke with Jeff, he's almost at the dyno.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5

Asking for a clairfication on pricing isn't questioning his product..

Tom
Old 10-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
You're 100% right Jim.

Thanks
Can't wait to see the results...
Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
Can't wait to see the results...
Curt,
Me either.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP
You're 100% right Jim.

Thanks
Can't wait......
Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
...If you want someone else to tune your ECU/TCU after we flash it, we'll pay for shipping back and forth and set it back to stock before sending it to someone else...
maybe i wasn't clear...this won't be necessary as i won't be trying your products.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
maybe i wasn't clear...this won't be necessary as i won't be trying your products.
I believe I already said we wouldn't be working with you either.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Ok all...Im home. not gonna post data here but gonna post in the other thread that JRCart started regarding the MHP tune. Instead of posting numbers, let me hold off a few minutes and post my charts. if I posted only the numbers that doesnt tell the whole story. You really gotta check out the curve to see whats going on...
Thanks all for your patience. Give me a few minutes.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
I started a new thread with my data....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/267195-e63-renntech-vs-mhp-data.html
Old 10-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
I started a new thread with my data....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267195
Looking forward this thread.. I'm sure it will turn out to be epic, as long as Vic does not get involved.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Rock
Looking forward this thread.. I'm sure it will turn out to be epic, as long as Vic does not get involved.
Damn it Dave just when were starting to get along ... ban stick out- ready to roll on
Old 10-29-2008, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
If they would just ban Jangy 90% of the crap would be gone, I'm starting to think they have Jangy on the payroll. There are at least 4 threads in this 211 section that are currently active in which Jangy is the root of the constant bickering between multiple other members not including me (I'm a given). Gee, I wonder who is the instigator?
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If they would just ban Jangy 90% of the crap would be gone, I'm starting to think they have Jangy on the payroll.
lol, or you could ban one of the sponsers and get a 100% reduction...except there's no doubt about it...they ARE on the payroll.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
lol, or you could ban one of the sponsers and get a 100% reduction...except there's no doubt about it...they ARE on the payroll.
x1000

If it were up to me, I'd ban everybody and just keeping myself here and I would post pics of my car in every forums and type curse words uncensored.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Errr maybe time to ban a sponsor?

Originally Posted by Vic55
Damn it Dave just when were starting to get along ... ban stick out- ready to roll on
Especially after....
Originally posted by MHP

LOL, ironically my C class cost more than your used 600. Checked the market for those bad boys lately?
I have over 8 years of tuning experience seperate of Dave (who as I've stated many times in the past is my lead tuner). How many cars have you tuned, engines have you built, records have you set? You're a 140lb nobody with an 80lb mouth end of story.

4. Wheres your S65 dyno numbers, oh yeah your dog ate them.
Was it my dog, or your wife?

Maybe we can have a sanctioned MBWorld boxing event after MIR? LOL, it would be legal, fun, and we can even donate the proceeds to charity.

I'm down, even with the broken pinky knuckle from my last sparring match. Hell, we don't even need a ring, we just need to decide on what weight gloves to use and have a legal disclaimer drafted.

What do you say Jay, it's your event?

Last edited by Thericker; 10-30-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by The Godfather
x1000

If it were up to me, I'd ban everybody and just keeping myself here and I would post pics of my car in every forums and type curse words uncensored.
LOL phuker...
Old 10-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by The Godfather
x1000

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08