It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ahmad, was that Z06 bone stock including the tires or was that e/t run with drag slicks or drag radials?

I am amazed.....
Bone stock down to stock runflats. He switched over to d/rs later in the day and ran 10.8 @ 130 Another magical record set at a MIR rental
Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Is Jackpro's car alright?
Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
His car is fine, we'll be reflashing a brand new ECU for him this or next week. He also has the TCU.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
His car is fine, we'll be reflashing a brand new ECU for him this or next week. He also has the TCU.
Sweet!! glad to hear and anxious to see data, especiallt TCU on a 55k.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:26 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Sweet!! glad to hear and anxious to see data, especiallt TCU on a 55k.
Really sucks about the previous ECU failure. I would've liked to have seen ECU v ECU results at Sac.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Really sucks about the previous ECU failure. I would've liked to have seen ECU v ECU results at Sac.
Andy, crap happens. Important thing is that Jim isn't bugging out. You will have plenty of opportunity to stage your tune vs the other tuners. Make the most of your opportunities and let the product speak.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:31 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Andy, crap happens. Important thing is that Jim isn't bugging out. You will have plenty of opportunity to stage your tune vs the other tuners. Make the most of your opportunities and let the product speak.
I wish that was true, unfortunatley whenever any of our customers post their results they're attacked with an onslaught of BS.
When we finally do get the credit we deserve, it will have been WELL earned.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
I wish that was true, unfortunatley whenever any of our customers post their results they're attacked with an onslaught of BS.
When we finally do get the credit we deserve, it will have been WELL earned.
It is true, Andy. Yes, we jump but again look at how it is being presented. Stay relentless with your work and it will show. Nobody can stop that part. It is the personal side that makes it a heated event when one of your tunes is posted.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
It is true, Andy. Yes, we jump but again look at how it is being presented. Stay relentless with your work and it will show. Nobody can stop that part. It is the personal side that makes it a heated event when one of your tunes is posted.
We're not going anywhere and will continue to raise the bar and set records. That being said, Jeff's thread was completely highjacked before it even got off the ground. Another of our highly satisfied CLK 63 BS customers doesn't even want to post his feelings because he already knows such a thread would turn into an instant pissing contest.
That's just sad.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
We're not going anywhere and will continue to raise the bar and set records. That being said, Jeff's thread was completely highjacked before it even got off the ground.
Mmmmmm, I dunno. Jeff got what he setup. We don't need to re-hash that thread, but it was ironic how it rolled out.

Another of our highly satisfied CLK 63 BS customers doesn't even want to post his feelings because he already knows such a thread would turn into an instant pissing contest.
That's just sad.
That I do have to agree with. Luckily, Jcart has thick skin and does post. I hope that your other CLK BS client decides to join in on the talks. As you say, no doubt that the tuning will continue.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:47 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Mmmmmm, I dunno. Jeff got what he setup. We don't need to re-hash that thread, but it was ironic how it rolled out.
Everyone makes mistakes Jangy, even God created *******s. At least we immediately stepped up, realized the problem, and will follow through with the agreed upon solution.

That I do have to agree with. Luckily, Jcart has thick skin and does post. I hope that your other CLK BS client decides to join in on the talks. As you say, no doubt that the tuning will continue.
As much weight as Jim carries he's still just 1 member. No doubt 2 respected members are better than 1.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Everyone makes mistakes Jangy, even God created *******s. At least we immediately stepped up, realized the problem, and will follow through with the agreed upon solution.
ABSOLUTELY. I was not saying the mistake was it. Just saying that it was ironic that we fought so heavily over the validity of the data delta and then it tunred out to be different tunes anyways. Anyhow, your point is taken, but again, Jeff stepped into his own pile.

As much weight as Jim carries he's still just 1 member. No doubt 2 respected members are better than 1.
Very true. A mouth is not necessarily helpful. Jim still has a ways to go to be respected or established around here but I think he is on his way.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:59 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
ABSOLUTELY. I was not saying the mistake was it. Just saying that it was ironic that we fought so heavily over the validity of the data delta and then it tunred out to be different tunes anyways. Anyhow, your point is taken, but again, Jeff stepped into his own pile.
Agreed that was ironic. Please don't blame Jeff, he was simply posting results, if anyone blame me. I have NP accepting responsibility for that. I guess the most ironic part about it is that we still made more power/tq across the board with just a TCU tune.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Agreed that was ironic. Please don't blame Jeff, he was simply posting results, if anyone blame me. I have NP accepting responsibility for that. I guess the most ironic part about it is that we still made more power/tq across the board with just a TCU tune.
Nah, don't blame Jeff. The most ironic thing is ctually the fact that you make that claim with a straight face.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Nah, don't blame Jeff. The most ironic thing is ctually the fact that you make that claim with a straight face.
English jangy.

I said don't blame Jeff, why are you repeating it?

What claim would that be?

Feeling a bit bipolar tonight are we?
Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by MHP
English jangy.

People with that disease don't "feel bipolar" they enter into either a "manic" or "depressed" phase each of which last for several weeks, months, or longer. Untreated mania can result in death, usually from suicide or just a mind that literally won't stop running. It does finally quit. The major sign of a manic person is inability to get a normal nights sleep of 6-8 hours or more. The manic person might not sleep for days, weeks, or longer and hence some of the posts you read here later at night.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:49 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sack5000
People with that disease don't "feel bipolar" they enter into either a "manic" or "depressed" phase each of which last for several weeks, months, or longer. Untreated mania can result in death, usually from suicide or just a mind that literally won't stop running. It does finally quit. The major sign of a manic person is inability to get a normal nights sleep of 6-8 hours or more. The manic person might not sleep for days, weeks, or longer and hence some of the posts you read here later at night.
You're right, I should've asked if he was feeling manic or depressed tonight.

I have insomnia, but I'm not manic or manic/depressive, thanks. I require very little sleep (3-4hrs per night) but I need that little bit.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
English jangy.
Sorry, I must have missed some ESl classes.

I repeat it because you say don't. He had it coming and it wasn't even that bad.

That you matched up against rennTech in any meaningful way, shape, or form. You are the one belittling Jeff's efforts.

How so? Why do you have to be such an extremist? So, my choices are to blast you or follow the herd? Hmmm....
Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by sack5000
I'd almost argue that people with most mental diseases don't "feel" that they are the problem....WOW!! Manic would suck. I thought only amphetamine abusers repaired their grill at 3 am .
Old 11-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
You're right, I should've asked if he was feeling manic or depressed tonight.
Neither. I'm probably more of a mood swinger, so dunno what illness that is. I don't have long bouts of anything and I sleep like a baby.

I have insomnia, but I'm not manic or manic/depressive, thanks. I require very little sleep (3-4hrs per night) but I need that little bit.
Yeah well, typing all day can't drain much in that light bulb, huh?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Sorry, I must have missed some ESl classes.
It's ok jangy, like I said before, even God created *******s.

I repeat it because you say don't. He had it coming and it wasn't even that bad.
Had it coming? Explain. He tried to post objective results and his thread was yet again derailed by the same old naysayers. Keep it up.

That you matched up against rennTech in any meaningful way, shape, or form. You are the one belittling Jeff's efforts.
LMAO. So you're trying to tell me we didn't make significant gains across the entire band, with peak gains of 9rwhp/13rwtq with just a TCU tune. I guess the redyno won't leave you with anything to say. Then again, I'm sure you will.

How so? Why do you have to be such an extremist? So, my choices are to blast you or follow the herd? Hmmm....
Extremist? LOL, look in the mirror man.

You don't have to be an ******* all the time, that would be a good start. I'm only a ***** when I have to be (as in when someone attacks me, our product, or one of our customers).
Old 11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Neither. I'm probably more of a mood swinger, so dunno what illness that is. I don't have long bouts of anything and I sleep like a baby.
Ask your shrink. I'm no MD but I can see the mood swings from across the country.

Yeah well, typing all day can't drain much in that light bulb, huh?
As much time as I spend on here it's still doesn't come close to me doing actual work per day (that's what happens when you function 21-20hrs a day). Although, a lot of my work is done on a computer...Maybe I should try farming?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
Maybe I should try farming?
You'd have to find a way to make the sun stay up for 20 hours.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:46 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless
You'd have to find a way to make the sun stay up for 20 hours.
LMAO...Maybe in Alaska part of the year I hear they grow monster cabbage up there.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by MHP

O.K Andy you need a really good spokes person and a great test car here in Cali.. I will race and go to many shows, tell all about your tune. I think the members around here respect me and I will hear me out on what I think about your tune. So a sponored tune for my car ok ok I will pay for the shipping. Lets do it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08