Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08

Old 10-25-2008, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
You gotta pay to play...caugh up the loot, Andy already stated that he will give refunds if you are not 100% satisfied. That is the ultimate form of standing behind your product.

I expect my 100 octane ECU/TCU tune back from Andy this morning (yep, Sat. Delivery), as soon as I plug it back in and beat on it for a little while I will let you know what I think. Due to me living int he central time zone I might have some feedback posted up before Jakpro get his results posted....stay tuned.
Yeah im waiting on Fedex too. Me you and one other ecu went out last night. Sitting waiting for my pc to get back here so I can check it out
Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
I've yet to read (in any thread) MHP instigate a single argument. As far as I can see all arguments occurred after he was attacked/instigated first.

Andy obviously feels strongly about his product. So much so that when he's called out, he reacts with total confidence (which can easily be construed as arrogance by some).

The way I see it, Andy's reactions are justified.
There is a fine line of respect amongst tuners that was clearly crossed, and Andy decided to speak up when his tune's integrity was questioned/criticized. I say good for him.

So lets dispense with the BS and let the TRACK RESULTS speak for themselves.

Later you can choose to do business with whomever you like.
Whether it be the nice guy who delivers a decent product, or the cocky guy who delivers an amazing one.

With that said, I hope this thread gets back on track.
There are a lot of us that are anxious to see the results.

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 10-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:15 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
doesn't the statement above actually give vrp a reason to make their suggestion? and according to you, this is one of the only 55's tunes you've done which further justifies the precaution.
No, it gives them a reason to worry about their tuning only.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless
Here is what I get from this post.

1 - VRP covers their *** with someone using a different ECU and Tune with their hardware and suggests a dyno run before the track. Good move albeit probably should have been sent via PM.
2 - Andy is pissed at Powerchips and takes it out on VRP and Vic (Mod) even to the point of reporting Vic to Internet Brands, Inc. to have him removed as moderator.
3 - Andy is supposed to be a nice guy in person...but a ***** on the internet.
4 - Some people chime in on the crap tunes that PC gives. I personally like their tune and had zero problems with them.

Can't wait to see the results personally.
Last time I'm going to say this. If the roles were reversed I would not be telling my client (who is actually no longer my client) what to do with someone else's software--especially when I was uniformed as to how many hard miles the car has already been driven or what the tuning parameters consisted of. That's my beef with Vic, him publicly questioning our knowledge/experience, it is insulting--if he really had concerns he should've sent a PM end of story. PC is another issue and we are dealing with that as well.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by MHP
-if he really had concerns he should've sent a PM end of story.
Thanks
Thanks for seeing my point. Again there is plenty enough room for everyone and again we are all here for the same reasons. Here is just a thought and it's a good one.

Andy, Victor can you work it out to where VRP does the mods and Andy you work the ECU/TCU to match VRP's mods to me it sounds like an unbeatable combination. VRP550-700 + MHP TCU/ECU = Kick *** Performance!

Andy, Victor? guys please let Andy & Victor respond before comments are made.

Hammer Out & I'm going to see Jackpro run today.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:37 PM

GT-R
I agree with Andy 100% on this one. Anyways, enough with the arguing though....duke it out on the phone if need be.

People are growing tired of the constant bickering..let's see some times already
Old 10-25-2008, 01:07 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Since everyone has given their .2 cents I'll post mine as well.

The title of this thread lists both VRP and MHP so I do not think VRP's comments here are out of place. I do, however, feel that what VRP said was out of line. Think about it. The OP is no longer running VRP's tune and stated that he is now running MHP. Granted, VRP was simply trying to look out Jakpro's best interest. That's understandable. BUT, usually when you post something here, you think about it before hand and try to predict how others might interpret/react to it. Andys demeanor around here has been well established. VRP should have known that by telling Jakpro (in the interest of safety) to get a dyno first, Andy would take offense at that. Basically what they (VRP) were saying is that Andy might not have known how to customize Jakpros tune to work properly with his mods - which strikes me as assumptive and out of line - ESPECIALLY considering Andy's post history and the fact that he has said numerous times that EVERY tune they do is custom. By making the statement like VRP did...IMO, they were assuming that Andy had no clue about tuning a vehicle to work with other modifications - at least that's how it was interpreted by Andy and they should have know that or just sent Andy a PM.
End of story.

Jcart/Jakpro - please open a new thread to post further impressions of Andy's tune so that other members don't have to wade through this BS.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:48 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Thanks for seeing my point. Again there is plenty enough room for everyone and again we are all here for the same reasons. Here is just a thought and it's a good one.

Andy, Victor can you work it out to where VRP does the mods and Andy you work the ECU/TCU to match VRP's mods to me it sounds like an unbeatable combination. VRP550-700 + MHP TCU/ECU = Kick *** Performance!

Andy, Victor? guys please let Andy & Victor respond before comments are made.

Hammer Out & I'm going to see Jackpro run today.
NP Hammer, your posts definitely make sense to me.

As for us merging with VRP, with all due respect I don't see that happening anytime soon. Our engine building program is on the same level as our tuning (we hold many records), and we will be bringing out our own unique products for 55/65 variants in the near future.
The next few mos are going to be very interesting as we (as a whole) make progress in leaps and bounds. It's a good time to be a MB owner, that's for sure.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 02:50 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH

Jcart/Jakpro - please open a new thread to post further impressions of Andy's tune so that other members don't have to wade through this BS.
Luke,
Thanks. Just got off the phone with Jim, he was putting the ECU in as we were speaking and was preparing to beat the snot out of it, as suggested. Stay tuned for his results.

Also got a text from Jackpro about 30-45 min. ago. He had just cleared tech at Sac.

Thanks
Andy
Old 10-25-2008, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
I got my MHP ecu/tcu tune installed and running...I posted my initial impressions/comments in the other thread started by JRCart. More feedback to come tomorrow evening after the rain goes away later today So far thumbs up
Old 10-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
I think it all boils down to "INTENSIONS"......or more specificly--preception of intensions.

If you feel that vrus's post #30 was just a-- "hey bro...make sure everything is good before you go full bore"--type of post. Then Andys reaction seems a bit overbored.

But

If you feel that the comment was more of a calculated attempt to say--"i dont think andy knows what hes doing"---then andys posts are fair.

That said; Im surprised that u get so angry when people question you Andy? Unfortunately your abilities and expertise in other vehicles is not being accepted here. You are in "prove yourself" mode.

The cream rises to the top....it just takes time. A true champion doesnt fight every little peon that wants to prove himself. I would think u have a more----"you'll see" attitude.

PS--Just as in Christianity---all the evidence will prove nothing to those that dont want to believe.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:05 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by jangy
I consider your clients "sellouts", especially the established members, because they are willing to compromise integrity for a quick tune. I can understand the 63 guys doing it but it blows my mind that anyone with a 55k would even speak to you, much less pay you.
I guess its fair then that I consider you a know-little (not nothing, thankfully), self-righteous blowhard. Thank goodness opinions (yours and mine) count for basically nothing. Facts and results will speak for themselves, regardless of any attempts to embellish or diminish them by either side of the argument.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I guess its fair then that I consider you a know-little (not nothing, thankfully), self-righteous blowhard. Thank goodness opinions (yours and mine) count for basically nothing. Facts and results will speak for themselves, regardless of any attempts to embellish or diminish them by either side of the argument.

Sure, its fine but you aren't on topic with this. My issues with Andy have never been with ability. I always gave him that. We are talking about 2 different things, but nice to see a C63 lurker in here.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
It wouldn't be a true MHP thread unless I posted something (tongue firmly in cheek). Here is my take... Victor posted what he posted with two intentions 1) to give Jakpro a heads up to remind him about how his car's set-up needs to be monitored for the A/F ratio...and 2) to kind of take a bit of a swipe at Andy/MHP. The way Andy reacted is just Andy being Andy... I knew as soon as I read Victor's post that Andy would react the way he did. So yes, he was provoked. However, Andy has to realize that even though Victor did what he did, his reaction is not professional. It is difficult trying to be the bigger man in these situations...which I may not do when I am online...but his business is predicated on these internet boards. It would do him some good to show some restraint...at least some time. Now for attacking Vic...I believe he was a little out of line... a moderator should step in when it is a sponsor on sponsor "hate crime" (it sounded good) and someone needed to "seperate" the two parties. Just my $.02...

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 10-25-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:32 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
All input appreciated, honestly though, we aren't losing business, we're gaining momentum and sales at an exponential rate. Ask any of my customers about the professionalism and courtesy they are treated with when dealing directly with us, I'm pretty sure they'll agree it's top notch, just like our tuning.

I said it when I first came on the board, I'm not a conventional type, if attacked I will bite back.

Nothing more from me until Jim posts.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
All input appreciated, honestly though, we aren't losing business, we're gaining momentum and sales at an exponential rate. Ask any of my customers about the professionalism and courtesy they are treated with when dealing directly with us, I'm pretty sure they'll agree it's top notch, just like our tuning.

I said it when I first came on the board, I'm not a conventional type, if attacked I will bite back.

Nothing more from me until Jim posts.

Just to comment breifly....

From the moment i started talking to andy/MHP he has always taken my calls or called me back soon after(regardless to how late it has been a couple times), text msg'd back and forth and has been very professional with me. I am very happy with the service I have received. From what I can tell so far, which hasnt been but half a day, the tune appears to be top notch. I look forward to my dyno visit and to MIR with the new tune to see how it does under those conditions.

I look forward to having additional conversations with him over the next few weeks and meeting him at MIR in the near future.
We all have to remember we all arent always gonna get along, but when it comes to tuners telling ex customers how to treat someone elses tune IMO that over steps bounds. Obviously vic is only trying to look out for a previous customer whom he has done a lot of previous work for. It is understandable that he wants the best for him and his car, but to publicly do what was done was not really called for. Some of these things said should have been kept to a PM.

Anyway my two and a half cents
Old 10-25-2008, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Now that I have mine in my car I am dying to hear what kind of times Jakpro ran with his MHP tune.

BTW, Andy, how extreme did you get with Jakpro's tune? Is it anything like mine? I know they are different cars, but still curious.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 PM

Ford 4x4, daily
while we wait the results, here are some sac raceway vids courtesy of treynor.....

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf...odules=1&hqt=1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...01553009276335
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...126&highlight=
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...587&highlight=
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...159&highlight=
Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Well I just got back from the track with my son and it was an interesting day. The little mini dragsters with the 8 year olds were great. There was a 12.0 @110 SRT8 300c and there were some VERY fast 68/69 Camaro's running 9's. We even saw a 57ish chevy wreck at the very end of the day.

There were 3 of us from the forum there today. I did not run due to the 86 degree weather. I got a chance to meet Jim and Andrew showed up as well.
I will let Jim post his results as he is most likely still on the road.

We need to do another get together in a few weeks when it cools down, late November anyone? The track was hooking really good today unlike our 33 degree less temp of a day as we had in December of last year. After seeing what I saw today it was almost as if the track was to cold back in December to really hook up. I know Jim has a video that he may post and you may find it interesting if not puzzling
Old 10-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Hammer, What kind of bullshiit post was that? Just spill the beans and tell us what Jim did.

Oh...............
Old 10-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
...I will let Jim post his results as he is most likely still on the road...
Is he going home happy?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Rock
Hammer, What kind of bullshiit post was that? Just spill the beans and tell us what Jim did.

Oh...............

It's not what you think, I think it's best (considering all that has been said) that Jim would be able to explain what his car was doing. You guys have him stressed out about even posting his results today. I do think that the 86 degree weather had something to do with it. He only made 4 runs which I caught the 3rd and 4th runs. I do not know what programs he ran on the first three runs but I know he HAD to use VRP's ECU on the last run.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Thanks, that clears things up.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Any updates? Why is there so much secrecy?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Ok so I read the thread and all I've gathered is that MHP is a biatch. Did I miss anything?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08