Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by splinter
Is he going home happy?

he should be postiing shortly he is an hour from the hotel.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 10-25-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
he should be postiing shortly he is an hour from the hotel.

Last edited by Gondon; 10-25-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
A couple of brief points here to hopefully clear up a few things:

1) Jim (JakPro) is not my customer. He is a friend who happens to have alot of stuff that I created over the years.

2) Andy: You keep referring to Jim as some item you bought at a swap meet. He is not my "ex-customer". He is a friend who I have communicated with for the better part of 2yrs and I was trying to offer advice to him just like I always do.

3) Jim "acquired" one of your tunes and put it on a spare ECU he had so that he could compare yours against ours. I knew he was doing it and had no problems with it. Jim loves to test stuff and gets a kick out of this sort of thing. So, basically he owns your Tune and My Tune. Are you clear on that now? Can you please stop saying that I "Shouldnt be talking to YOUR customer.".

4) With respect to the post advising Jim to go to the dyno. I would of posted that had he of gotten a tune from ANYONE. No one but us knows how much fuel and timing we had to modify when we pulled the kleemann headers out of his car and put our longtubes on. This is sound advice to check the car on the dyno or do some wideband or datalogging to verify A/F is safe.

One last time: I wasn't taking a stab at you and seeing as Jim is dealing with both of our companies he is a customer to both but I can say for certainty that he is a friend to at least one.

Now.. Once and for all .. You need to relax with all this hostility. This place is just spiraling down the toilet. People that have something to say can't say 2 words without all kinds of B.S ensuing.

I remember this place being so entertaining being able to share information and ideas with everyone.. Everyone participated and everyone got along... If only we could revert back to that happy place....

Peace.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:51 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by vrus
A couple of brief points here to hopefully clear up a few things:

1) Jim (JakPro) is not my customer. He is a friend who happens to have alot of stuff that I created over the years.
Don't care Vic. You should have PM'd your comments if at all. Posting them in public was clearly an attempt at stirring the pot. Not returning my calls was weak, end of story.

2) Andy: You keep referring to Jim as some item you bought at a swap meet. He is not my "ex-customer". He is a friend who I have communicated with for the better part of 2yrs and I was trying to offer advice to him just like I always do.
What exactly do you do Vic? You don't tune, you don't build motors, you don't answer the phone...Save me the time and just answer the question?

3) Jim "acquired" one of your tunes and put it on a spare ECU he had so that he could compare yours against ours. I knew he was doing it and had no problems with it. Jim loves to test stuff and gets a kick out of this sort of thing. So, basically he owns your Tune and My Tune. Are you clear on that now? Can you please stop saying that I "Shouldnt be talking to YOUR customer.".
Do you see me telling Jim what to do with your tune? Exactly, keep your mouth shut regarding our product as I do the same out of respect for yours.

4) With respect to the post advising Jim to go to the dyno. I would of posted that had he of gotten a tune from ANYONE. No one but us knows how much fuel and timing we had to modify when we pulled the kleemann headers out of his car and put our longtubes on. This is sound advice to check the car on the dyno or do some wideband or datalogging to verify A/F is safe.
Do it via PM if at all, anyone with a triple digit IQ could have figured that out.

One last time: I wasn't taking a stab at you and seeing as Jim is dealing with both of our companies he is a customer to both but I can say for certainty that he is a friend to at least one.
Ok...

Now.. Once and for all .. You need to relax with all this hostility. This place is just spiraling down the toilet. People that have something to say can't say 2 words without all kinds of B.S ensuing.
When you cross the line expect to get called out, end of story.

I remember this place being so entertaining being able to share information and ideas with everyone.. Everyone participated and everyone got along... If only we could revert back to that happy place....

Peace.
I think that ended when the founder/owner of the tuning software you use began to call our clients in an attempt to negotiate shady deals to benefit themselves. Such is life, now we deal with the results.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Ok so I read the thread and all I've gathered is that MHP is a biatch. Did I miss anything?
You are a quick study. We are still waiting to hear about the 55k package.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
You are a quick study. We are still waiting to hear about the 55k package.
Shouldn't you be threatening to shoot someone with your 9mm right about now?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Shouldn't you be threatening to shoot someone with your 9mm right about now?
Wouldn't I need one to do that?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:12 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Wouldn't I need one to do that?
I think we all remember your threat towards jrcart before being temporarily banned. You claimed it, you tell me.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55
this is getting outta hand here!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:15 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Now that I have mine in my car I am dying to hear what kind of times Jakpro ran with his MHP tune.

BTW, Andy, how extreme did you get with Jakpro's tune? Is it anything like mine? I know they are different cars, but still curious.
Jim had a lot of specifications, but it was really nothing extrordinary, just a run of the mill custom tune otherwise.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Give Andy a break ...it has been a rough night in the State of Ohio...

Tom
Old 10-26-2008, 12:22 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Give Andy a break ...it has been a rough night in the State of Ohio...

Tom
No doubt, we sucked *** tonight. I lost most of my hope after USC, tonight was simply the nail in the coffin.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I am just totally exhaused so I'll give you the cliff notes version. Gonna be some spelling errors so hang in there. Then it's beer and sleep time.

Good News
Met some awesome MBWorld members just as I was about to head out and we spent an hour or so shooting the gab. Best part of the whole trip.

Sacto raceway was actually well prepped this time. VHT and killer hook. They said they never do it for mid week events (grudge etc) but do it for the weekend race car test n tunes. (course the locals said that they don't always do it) Today though. Swept and sprayed. It was classic Sacto. Loved it.......thennnnn the heat set in.

Bad News.
Just so much I can't get into it now.
Bottom line, I pulled my car with the MHP tune onto the trailer in Utah and did not touch the car until Sunrise Mall parking lot in Sacto. Wanted to pull the car off and install the VRP tune and begin adjusting. Just inserted the key and the car sputtered and then stalled and threw an ESP. After that, car would redline up to the limiter without me touching the throttle.

Swapped the ECU out on the trailer for the VRP and proceeded with the day.

Heat killed us quickly and swiftly. Best run of the day was an horrific 11.8 at 118 I believe.

60' was the thing that p'd me off the most on the ECU failure. I ran non stop 1.8's with solid hook at that track. I did not matter what I did. Power brake....stomp. Each time 1.8 leading me to wonder if it was the tune or just a product of the heat. Maybe a little of both??

I swapped.... unplugged and replugged the MHP literally 10x and my fingers are raw from the plugs. Every 3rd time I would plug in the VRP and she worked fine just to make sure I did not pull a wire out etc.

Andy I tried just about everything I could think of to get the ECU to boot. Battery disconnect, borrowed brushes from the locals to clean the prongs and each time same result.

Will be sending you the ECU to check out first thing next week Andy. You will see the seal is broken on it but I promise you....t was just a desperate attempt to see if there was damage or something inside. All looked fine.

Bummer.

Bottom line.

(Jim in police voice)

"Okay people, nothing to see here......let's move it on to MIR.)

Beer time.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
This silence is killing me.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I am just totally exhaused so I'll give you the cliff notes version. Gonna be some spelling errors so hang in there. Then it's beer and sleep time.

Good News
Met some awesome MBWorld members just as I was about to head out and we spent an hour or so shooting the gab. Best part of the whole trip.

Sacto raceway was actually well prepped this time. VHT and killer hook. They said they never do it for mid week events (grudge etc) but do it for the weekend race car test n tunes. (course the locals said that they don't always do it) Today though. Swept and sprayed. It was classic Sacto. Loved it.......thennnnn the heat set in.

Bad News.
Bottom line, I pulled my car with the MHP tune onto the trailer in Utah and did not touch the car until Sunrise Mall parking lot in Sacto. Wanted to pull the car off and install the VRP tune and begin adjusting. Just inserted the key and the car sputtered and then stalled and threw an ESP. After that, car would redline up to the limiter without me touching the throttle.

Heat killed us quickly and swiftly. Best run of the day was an horrific 11.8 at 118 I believe.

60' was the thing that p'd me off the most on the ECU failure. I ran non stop 1.8's with solid hook at that track. I did not matter what I did. Power brake....stomp. Each time 1.8 leading me to wonder if it was the tune or just a product of the heat. Maybe a little of both??

I swapped.... unplugged and replugged the MHP literally 10x and my fingers are raw from the plugs. Every 3rd time I would plug in the VRP and she worked fine just to make sure I did not pull a wire out etc.

Andy I tried just about everything I could think of to get the ECU to boot. Battery disconnect, borrowed brushes from the locals to clean the prongs and each time same result.

Will be sending you the ECU to check out first thing next week Andy. You will see the seal is broken on it but I promise you....t was just a desperate attempt to see if there was damage or something inside. All looked fine.

Bummer.

Bottom line.

(Jim in police voice)

Beer time.
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out as expected. I applaud your efforts in trying to put the test together. Hopefully, people will withhold judgement until this is figured out.

Tom
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Sorry to hear about that. isht like that happens, as many of us experienced firsthand in pursuit of more thrust. It is part of our hobby, but it's nonetheless altogether discouraging when it hits home.

There will always be another opportunity to get after it under more favorable circumstances. Appreciate your forthrightness and hope for you only the best on subsequent attempts.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
This silence is killing me.
I know. The sound of crickets is maddening.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Timeless
Here is what I get from this post.

1 - VRP covers their *** with someone using a different ECU and Tune with their hardware and suggests a dyno run before the track. Good move albeit probably should have been sent via PM.
2 - Andy is pissed at Powerchips and takes it out on VRP and Vic (Mod) even to the point of reporting Vic to Internet Brands, Inc. to have him removed as moderator.
3 - Andy is supposed to be a nice guy in person...but a ***** on the internet.
4 - Some people chime in on the crap tunes that PC gives. I personally like their tune and had zero problems with them.

Can't wait to see the results personally.
Thanks for the cliffnote version Timeless. Cant we all get along?
Old 10-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
I think we all remember your threat towards jrcart before being temporarily banned. You claimed it, you tell me.
Blah Blah Bla......You trying to be so bright? Bite back? noi way. You are just down right rude and i look forward to the day when Vic gets you spanked outta here.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! Locked TB. that is gfood for his internals.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:11 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

Good News

Bad News.

Bummer.

Bottom line.

(Jim in police voice)

Beer time.
Jim,
Send it back and we'll take a look. Kind of puzzled as to why it was stronger than the VRP tune and laying rubber for 1000ft at 4300' alt initially but all of a sudden "failed" at sac... If the ECU was faulty it would've failed when we live tested it before sending it out... Again puzzling...

As with every customer, we'll stand behind it and do whatever it takes to make you happy.

I'll keep you posted as to what we find.

Thanks
Andy
Old 10-26-2008, 02:12 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Blah Blah Bla......You trying to be so bright? Bite back? noi way. You are just down right rude and i look forward to the day when Vic gets you spanked outta here.
We're going to start a PayPal fund to get you to MIR Jangy. Seriously. I'll throw in the first $100.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! Locked TB. that is gfood for his internals.
Do you really think that would be funny???

I am sure there is an explanation for what happened...and it will be figured out.... speculating or taking shots at people isn't very productive.

Tom
Old 10-26-2008, 02:34 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

Good News

Bad News.

Bummer.

Bottom line.

(Jim in police voice)

Beer time.
After rereading Jim a few questions (get to them when you can as I know you're beat) to try and help figure this out asap:

1) Were any passes made with the MHP ECU? Couldn't tell via the bolded portion; it's late and after the PSU game I'm not exactly on the ball either.

2) Was the battery disconnected everytime an ECU swap was performed? If any, how many miles were logged on each tune before attempting to test?

3) Did you get the chance to put any miles on the MHP ECU after initially removing it? Last you ran it in Utah it was fine correct?

Honestly the only thing I can think of that would cause a ECU failure as such is a spike due to the battery not being disconnected during a swap. A much smaller but still potential cause is a random ECU failure (just as an OEM part failure, not common but not unheard of either) though the chances are slim--but still possible.

NP on breaking the seal Jim, at the track you gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks again for putting the time and effort into the attempted test, again we'll do whatever possible to get you back in the game with more power and better drivability than ever before.

Thanks
Andy
Old 10-26-2008, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by Gondon
I just read the whole damn thread.

PC is total garbage, I remember them calling up members and threating to sue them to remove their threads/posts.

Im surprised VRP uses that crap, I thought they had their own tune.

I enjoy reading your posts Andy, Keep up the good work.

I would def get a tune from someone who is confident in themselves and make BOLD statements like that. I agree with what rarfinancial has said.
I don't see anything wrong with using Powerchip, they have been in the tuning business since 1991 and I haven't heard a single negative thing about their tunes. Do a search on this forum, everyone who has powerchip is happy with their tunes, which cannot be said about any other tuner (even Renntech and Kleemann). Remember that EVOSport uses their tunes as well, not just VRP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08