Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Chicago People

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by c32used
Guys why argue? Both Dems and Reps use us as pawns to better themselves....and both have done such a great job of making us believe them...its not the end of the world either way.........so lets get along
You do have a point.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
I was at the rally - not because I'm some big Obama supporter - but because I was curious to see what it was like seeing the next President of the United States being elected ...
I understand. I woke my 14 y.o. daughter out of a sound sleep to go see Clinton at 12am on the night voting started in '91. (I hated the guy.)

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
... at a fundamental level there was a feeling of positivity there that I have never seen. Not after a World Series, not after an NBA Championship, nothing. To see 250,000 people with that much hope and elation was really quite an experience, in my opinion.
No couches burning? ... Well, you mentioned NBA championship.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
I think something people are failing to see is that the Bush administration has been nothing more than a Democrat administration in Republican clothing. The only time he acted like a conservative was for personal gain. It all started with his father abandoning true conservative ideas of small government and removing almost all of Reagan's advisor's which earned him a one term deal. In Junior's case it got really bad because the apple fell off the worst part of the tree.

Bush Jr will go down as a modern day Richard Nixon and Obama will be new Jimmy Carter imho. Sorry to rant but just the opinion of a Crazy person waiting for a Real Republican to vote for.

All that aside if Obama winning does really end up inspiring more people in the black community to love their country and finally believe in the American dream then God bless him.

PS: Can this whole thread be moved to Offtopic where it belongs.

Last edited by rflow306; 11-06-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyjoe
I'm not going to spend any more time on this. The 120% was an anomaly during a specific period, and certainly wasn't sustainable. The deficit today is incomparable. The deficit spending wasn't used to help domestic issues or to help jump start the economy. Deficit spending under the bush administration could be argued as being the exact opposite of how deficit spending can beneficial.
We did not have to worry about jump starting or stimulating. The GDP was doing just fine until roughly 2008 and of course 2000-2001…..

http://www.bea.gov/briefrm/gdp.htm

At one point through the Bush admn we got to nearly 8% growth on the GDP…
Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by rflow306
I think something people are failing to see is that the Bush administration has been nothing more than a Democrat administration in Republican clothing. The only time he acted like a conservative was for personal gain. It all started with his father abandoning true conservative ideas of small government and removing almost all of Reagan's advisor's which earned him a one term deal. In Junior's case it got really bad because the apple fell off the worst part of the tree.

Bush Jr will go down as a modern day Richard Nixon and Obama will be new Jimmy Carter imho. Sorry to rant but just the opinion of a Crazy person waiting for a Real Republican to vote for.

All that aside if Obama winning does really end up inspiring more people in the black community to love their country and finally believe in the American dream then God bless him.

PS: Can this whole thread be moved to Offtopic where it belongs.
lofl! Typical.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
lofl! Typical.

Thank You, I guess that would make you the typical liberal Joe.

It's what makes this a great country, two totally different points of view having to co-exist with each other.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 AM

2012 JDM
I tend to agree with marcus in that this isn't the place for politics, however, I do find it necessary to rebut some of the crazy talk.

Originally Posted by jrcart
What? BIG BANKS? WTF are you talking about? We can compare bank staments or assets or net worth or what ever you want. You are proving yourself to be very small time yet a BIG TIME IDIOT! I know you don't have many assests, becasue if you did you would not have voted for the guy that is going to try to take all your wealth away.
The list is very long, but I will only site two people: Eric Schmidt (CEO of Google) and Warren Buffett are both Obama supporters. Call it a hunch, but I'm guessing their net worth has a few more zero's than yours.

Thing is, they understand that the backbone of this economy is in the middle class. Don't be so one dimensional. Realize that a strong middle class will help your business and your investments in the markets. So you might have to pay 39% fed tax instead of 36%, if your business and money in the markets are performing much better, you will realize a net gain to your bottom line. Will you be less motivated to do well and make money because your fed tax rate has increased by 3%? I sure won't. I could go on and on here but hopefully you understand my point.

sumise you have a lot of really tan relatives with no jobs that are living off the system! Did you grow up eating the government cheese? How many abortions did your sister have?

You are a small time, petty fool. Like I said , PM me in a couple years, and let me know what you think of Obama then!
Really now? Ignoring the obviously ignorant reference to "tan relatives.." I will say that if living off the system is so great, why don't you try it??? Probably because it sucks. Sure, you'll always have someone who tries to cheat the system, it's not right and we should try to minimize that, but there are people (of all skin colors mind you) who need the help and some type of system does need to be in place for that.

It is a shame that your arguments have to be structured in such an insulting and divisive way. Perhaps it is that divisiveness that many Americans were voting against on Tuesday.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:20 AM

lofl! Typical.

This is the same thing Nacy Pelosi has been doing for the last 2 years.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:39 AM

08 MB
Originally Posted by kompressed55
I'd be interested to know what type of work you do. Suffering from a serious envy issue are we?

For you to attribute someone else's earnings ability to either just pure luck or pure greed is without a doubt the most ignorant and laughable post I've ever seen on this website (and maybe anywhere, ever). Have you ever considered the possibility that there are many, many people who are smarter than you, better educated than you, more motivated than you, work harder and longer than you do, and have different aspirations than you do? And that as a result of those factors, they earn more, maybe much more, than you do? And that those factors have nothing to do with either luck or greed?

If you're unhappy with people who earn too much according to your judgment, perhaps you can share with us how much people should be allowed to earn before it displeases you?
Envy? Surely not of jrcart or any guy like him.

I'm fully aware there are much smarter and better educated people than me. As far as harder working I would put anybody to the test.

Typical of forums were people don't fully comprehend or read what is being written and my mistake for getting involved. jrcart blows up into a childish rage as usual and can't have an adult debate.

I never said no one deserves their money. I said there is a great imbalance many times and I'm sure as hell am not out there on my own in this thought. YES many people work hard and achieve great things and at the same time another person doing the same just never caught a break but none the less is educated and works hard.

As far as my comments about what did a person do to deserve what they have. Again as mentioned initially I know enough people that just took over their "established" parents business that is run by other intelligent people and now the kids live very good lives not doing anything special. This is far from saying nobody deserves a good life from hard work or achieving great things.

Last edited by racetested; 11-07-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by J 2OOI
I tend to agree with marcus in that this isn't the place for politics, however, I do find it necessary to rebut some of the crazy talk.

The list is very long, but I will only site two people: Eric Schmidt (CEO of Google) and Warren Buffett are both Obama supporters. Call it a hunch, but I'm guessing their net worth has a few more zero's than yours.

Thing is, they understand that the backbone of this economy is in the middle class. Don't be so one dimensional. Realize that a strong middle class will help your business and your investments in the markets. So you might have to pay 39% fed tax instead of 36%, if your business and money in the markets are performing much better, you will realize a net gain to your bottom line. Will you be less motivated to do well and make money because your fed tax rate has increased by 3%? I sure won't. I could go on and on here but hopefully you understand my point.

Really now? Ignoring the obviously ignorant reference to "tan relatives.." I will say that if living off the system is so great, why don't you try it??? Probably because it sucks. Sure, you'll always have someone who tries to cheat the system, it's not right and we should try to minimize that, but there are people (of all skin colors mind you) who need the help and some type of system does need to be in place for that.

It is a shame that your arguments have to be structured in such an insulting and divisive way. Perhaps it is that divisiveness that many Americans were voting against on Tuesday.
Good points, glad others can see this.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by racetested
Envy? Surely not of jrcart or any guy like him.

I'm fully aware there are much smarter and better educated people than me. As far as harder working I would put anybody to the test.

Typical of forums were people don't fully comprehend or read what is being written and my mistake for getting involved. jrcart blows up into a childish rage as usual and can't have an adult debate.

I never said no one deserves their money. I said there is a great imbalance many times and I'm sure as hell am not out there on my own in this thought. YES many people work hard and achieve great things and at the same time another person doing the same just never caught a break but none the less is educated and works hard.

As far as my comments about what did a person do to deserve what they have. Again as mentioned initially I know enough people that just took over their "established" parents business that is run by other intelligent people and now the kids live very good lives not doing anything special. This is far from saying nobody deserves a good life from hard work or achieving great things.
I can understand your points better now. Sometimes a little more explaining clarifies things.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:59 AM

08 MB
Now I don't deserve the money I make...and you want to tell me what I can spend it on? YOU ARE NUTS! If I want to spend my money on strippers and cars or shoes or vacations or whatever how does this become your concern?

Yes, I own a fleet of trucks, lots of trucks about 60 trucks and 200 trailers, those are trucks I PAID FOR, There are also about 60 truck drivers I employ to drive those trucks and another 8 people (mechanics) I employ to work on said trucks and another 10 people (administrative) that work in my 3 different offices in 3 different cities. I am responsible for close to 80 jobs...so tell me do I deserve the money I make now? What have you done for our economy lately? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
Honestly jrcart my main problem with you is you come across as an arrogant ***** and from my experience seeing how you act and boast you fall into the category that you took over a family business and reap the benefits while acting like an *** as you go.

Now I may be wrong and you built your business on your own and if so I apologize for my assumptions but at the same time you are still an arrogant *** IMO.

Saying that I'm sure we both have our own lives to get back to that are more important than worrying about the others.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by J 2OOI

Just want to say that I gained even more respect for you
You alone with your words made me change my stance on Obama...so he will be given a chance to try without a peep from me.

I didn't vote for Obama but have to say like MarcusF mention everyone there feels its time for a change. I won't benefit from McCain but I really didn't want the upper class to suffer either. I am retired but hope to own a business one day. Its easy to take handouts but extremely embarrassing I hope change does truely come cause its so hard to sell my house right now. Keeping the same would of probably amounted to nothing much especially since Reps lost more seats in the House and Senate.............thats why I feel I can welcome Obama to be our new commander and chief. EVERYONE DON'T PRESUME OBAMA WILL DO BAD FOR YOU JUST GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF

I am done with this subject.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

One more thing I can say...at the moment we have no choice cause the majority of the people afflicted by our economy made there voices heard and change happened so why not embrace it and see the results? I did!(thanks J2001)
Old 11-07-2008, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
Originally Posted by c32used
why not embrace it and see the results? I did!(thanks J2001)

Kool-Aid, anyone?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs down

Kool-Aid, anyone?
I am not gonna respond to your ignorant comment...you are entitled to be mad for the next 8 years cause the Reps don't have a decent or great cadidate so its eight years to give OBAMA a try...great things about forums is its all personal opinion and thats it...your voice is too puny to do anything about it except show ignorance to a fellow Republican...wake up we are in the year 2008 and a Democratic black president was elected and we have to deal with it my friend...so like I said embrace it
Old 11-08-2008, 02:08 AM

CL65
Trust me, I see the bigger picture, I disagree with what is happening to people homes/mortgages, none of the banks complained earlier this decade when they were making their largest profits of all time, now they are reaping what they sewed and they come crawling and begging for a bail out from the government. These are the same banks that are now getting under 2% loans from the gov/fed reserve and are still selling the loans at 6-7% in most cases...still being greedy, If the banks really wanted to help people they would re-write loans at the lower rates to assist families in need rather than continueing to take advantage of people. I am invested enough in foreign markets that I really don't car what happens to banks in the US, in less than 5 years all the small banks are going to be gone anyhow. I am all for the small guy getting some help, especially the people that bust their asses working 2-3 jobs to support their families, If I could be promised my tax increase would help people like that I would not complain, hell I would hand deliver the checks myself. What I have a problem with is the people that have lived off the system for several generations, the ones that have 4 children from 3 different fathers, the ones that are healthy and able to work but choose not to but still expect more and more free handouts. The handouts need to stop, the Bush administration tried to curb these handouts, now I expect to see that reversed and then some.
Any new bill still has to go through Congress. Those types of bills get shot down all the time.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
Any new bill still has to go through Congress. Those types of bills get shot down all the time.
Exactly, so Obama can't just "do as he pleases". It won't be that simple.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Banned

2009 S63
A business owner making $500k-$1mil a year as you eluded to already does pay a higher percentage than a teacher making $40k, approx 30% vs the teachers approx 23% tax rate. Here is a quick lesson in math. 30% (approx take rate on a guy making $500k) tax on a $500k income is $150K, right? That same teacher making $40K is paying about 23% or $9200.00, I think they are both paying there fair share, The guy making $500k is already paying over 15x more than the teacher and you people want him to pay more? In addition to that, the guy making the $500k is most likely investing a lot of his money, guess what, any interest or gains I make on the money I saved gets taxed yet again, sometimes at an even higher rate You people are nuts adn some of you need to take a better look at the big picture before speaking out on issues that you have little or no knowledge of. Emotion and passion does not equal facts and reality.

Fortunatly guys like me who are smart enough to make millions are also smart enough to create tax free safe havens and find creative and LEGAL ways to move our money to avoid some of these foolish "penelties for the wealthy" they call taxes. Don't get me wrong, I am not against all taxes, they are a necessary evil, I am not ignorant or blind to that fact, but I am already paying far more than my fair share and anyone that thinks I should be paying more is nuts.

The rich support McCain and the super rich support Obama.

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2008/10/...support-obama/

So no, you're no smarter than anyone. The REAL rich people are all Obama supporters.

I make well above $250,000 and know I'll be taxed as another poster said, when the middle class is better, we all do better. Voting based on taxes alone is extremely stupid. Social issues? Energy? Foreign Policy? I could never vote Republican, especially with that idiot vice presidential candidate. I want nothing to do with the bible-thumping right-wing fringe of the Republican party.

Obama was clearly the better candidate; youthful, very intelligent, innovative which is why he swept on election day. He is who I want representing this country.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
Originally Posted by michaelkyleh
So no, you're no smarter than anyone. The REAL rich people are all Obama supporters.

Quoting from the article you linked to:

"if you’re wealthy and liberal, you have no brain."

You knuckleheads just make it too easy. Now please, go have another sip of your Kool-Aid.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM

You knuckleheads just make it too easy. Now please, go have another sip of your Kool-Aid.

hahahahahahahahahahahah
Old 11-08-2008, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quite a few really wealthy people are Obama supporters, so I suppose they are all idiots based on your statement? Jay-Z? Buffet? Oprah? CEO of Google? Many others with real money. I guess they are worth many millions to billions being stupid.

On the track of life most of those on that level have passed by us about 10-15 times, guess I need some of that kool-aid they are drinking. LOL.

Seriously, at the end of the day all we can do is agree to disagree on some areas but we all can get along without insulting each other. It's a sign of real maturity and intelligence when you accept beyond what is your status quo.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

2009 S63

More than three quarters of those worth $1 million to $10 million plan to vote for Sen. McCain. Only 15% plan to vote for Sen. Obama (the rest are undecided). Of those worth more than $30 million, two-thirds support Sen. Obama, while one third support Sen. McCain.
Yea, the $30mm+ net worth demographic are a bunch brainless knuckleheads.

They are more successful than the McCain supporters so they're obviously doing something right.

Last edited by michaelkyleh; 11-08-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrA2G1TCrQ

I cant wait to see how you Obama supporters justify this one!!!!!!!!

The scary part is people believe this is going to be reality now that Obama got elected...I want to be there when the sheriff knocks on her door and and evicts her from her home due to foreclosure, and she says " I thought Obama was making my mortgage payments" LOL! What's even scary is that she has kids that carry the same genes.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-13-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Honestly guys/gals

There is nothing we can say or do now but see what transpire within the next 4-8 years.....Why are we still on this topic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OT: Chicago People