Sponsored by:

Honoring chrysler warranty in ATL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Honoring chrysler warranty in ATL

Anyone in Atlanta have experience with warranty coverage using the chrysler warranty here ? RBM is telling me they don't accept it.

What's to accept if they're given a credit card to charge from Chrysler...haven't gotten an answer to that question yet
Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 PM
hbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 on ADV1s
Call Chrysler and ask them.................Mike told me a dealer has to accept it??
Old 11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by hbr
Call Chrysler and ask them.................Mike told me a dealer has to accept it??
Same here, according to them all dealers accept their coverages.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:31 PM

06 E55 Black
After subsequent calls, this appears to be bad info from the dealer, but I'm interested in actual experiences folks have had.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
No, the dealer does not have to accept it. The dealer can force the customer to pay up front for the service and have the third party warranty company re-imburse the customer therefore taking the dealership out of the loop.

A lot of dealerships will do this depending on their experiences with said third party companies. My dealership said they would be willing to try it once to see and then make future decisions based on that.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by regor60
Anyone in Atlanta have experience with warranty coverage using the chrysler warranty here ? RBM is telling me they don't accept it.

What's to accept if they're given a credit card to charge from Chrysler...haven't gotten an answer to that question yet
The dealer told you correctly. RBM does not take aftermarket warranties period. They have had too many problems with payment and caps on labor rates from aftermarket warranties. RBM does not like to cut corners on parts/service, from my dealings with them. The SM showed a case where the payment was not paid from July from one of them.

I found this out in extensive research, there are several MB dealers that will not take anything but an MB warranty. There is a thread where I fully explained as to why on this forum.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:25 PM

06 E55 Black
I called MB Buckhead and asked if they take the daimlerchrysler warranty and she said yes.

This would remain to be seen of course but a lot better initial response than RBM who first said 'we don't accept' and who in a subsequent call said they'd accept if they could get payment within 24 hrs for the service work.

FYI, wasn't looking for trouble from the dealers here, but the RBM woman kept calling to sell me the MB warranty and I finally told her that I had already bought the DC one, which led to her saying they don't accept, blah blah.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:42 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by regor60
I called MB Buckhead and asked if they take the daimlerchrysler warranty and she said yes.

This would remain to be seen of course but a lot better initial response than RBM who first said 'we don't accept' and who in a subsequent call said they'd accept if they could get payment within 24 hrs for the service work.

FYI, wasn't looking for trouble from the dealers here, but the RBM woman kept calling to sell me the MB warranty and I finally told her that I had already bought the DC one, which led to her saying they don't accept, blah blah.
Screw them then. Just go to buckhead.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
hbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 on ADV1s
Baker MB in Charleston, SC accepts DC warranty
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Hence my decision to bite the bullet and pay for an extended MBUSA warranty. Cost me a nice sum, but I have peace of mind.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
I recently purchased an "Easy care" warranty from Atlanta classic cars. This warranty is the best all around warranty out there, based on their financia record.

Off the record, MB is really cracking down on these warranties. Buckhead MB is supposedly blacklisted from taking any warranty coverage whatsoever, from past abuse. I visited them today and it looks like they are on life support.

I suggest taking your car to Atlanta Classic, as they have the best record with the manufacturer.

Paul