Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
The only person I know of that wanted to make it but didn't was Rick and he got the shaft by VRP AND MHP. Neither could mod his car before the event, except for some voodoo which Rick doesn't do. Other than that, there are not any excuses, unless you want to count me not going since the bet got pulled? How did that vette do?

Nobody denies that the people are nice and helpful. The only issues I have seen is in how data gets interpreted. Some want conclusive data and some like the "trends"..... You trendy?
EXCUSE ME????

IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM DID WE EVER GIVE RICK THE SHAFT. RICK PLEASE CLARIFY THIS BS FROM JANGY. WE COULD'VE TUNED HIS CAR ANYTIME, IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER MIR AS HE'S CONSIDERING THE PURCHASE OF A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CAR.

UNBELIEVABLE
Old 11-24-2008, 02:52 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Crap! My record run was after 3!!!
So was mine.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Glad to see some of the usual A-holes came over here to muck up another thread.
....usual personal insults...
Usual A-holes mucking up my threads.

We would let it dye down, but that isn't the intent, is it? The king is simply naked until you show us otherwise. Claiming record or WORLD record isn't gonna cut anymore than the claims of "true" gains with a RennTech tune run on a RennTech tune. So, do we believe the tunes to be superior? Not on the data that has been -presented.
Do you even know wtf you're saying in these threads. "...let it dye down, but that isn't the intent, is it? The king is simply naked..." WTF??? First of all it's "the emperor has no clothes" and do you even know what that means???

We claim the World records because we ran the times/traps and now own them. Get off your *** and get to a drag strip if you have something to say about them because talk, especially from you since that's all you do, is cheap. You yourself claim to be an amateur and have screwed up more cars than done right to, WTF are you posting in this thread???

That can be said about anyone on here. the fact that he was cool with you on a night out means what, exactly? Andy's posts here show his personality, and the members can be the judge of that, instead of you vouching for him after a night out..
My posts on here are a reflection of a side of me that comes out when I have to deal with blatant ignorance and idiocy. What else would you expect?

SHOW ME THE DATA!!! You are so funny. Getting scared about your California trip? Make no excuses and we will look for NOS.
MHP C63: 11.59@119.75 MHP ECU/TCU, MHP Gaskets, MHP T-stat, CF Air Boxes, DRs

JT55 CLK BS: 11.46@122.7 MHP ECU/TCU, MHP Gaskets, Evosport Exhaust/Pulley, CF Boxes

jrcart: 11.1@127 MHP ECU/TCU, MHP Gaskets, Evosport Exhaust/Pulley, 75 shot GETTING OUT of the THROTTLE at the 1000ft mark.

Fr33kn63: 12.0@118 (knocked off .1 and gained 2mph) with just our TCU tune in his E63 with R comp tires, custom catback and CF Boxes.

What more do you want? We ran the times/traps, we have pics/vids, witnesses and timeslips.

Grow up and leave this thread Jangy. I've already contacted Internet Brands and you'll be lucky to be on this site at all in the next day.

Last edited by MHP; 11-24-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
I didn't mean mine. I meant ANY stage 5 E55. Also, how did you fair against the 55ks at that meet? You win? HAHAH!!!! I've never bluffed on a bet, and in hind sight, how would both bets have gone? Now, please go ahead and start the tirade. Never fear, there are at least 10 E55s in Orange County alone that would LOVE to run your car for money, especially after you talked all the talk and then BALKED....
Actually you backed out like no other when Jim proposed a race against you in CA/Vegas and MIR. That's a fact as anyone can search for and read through the posts.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by MHP
Actually you backed out like no other when Jim proposed a race against you in CA/Vegas and MIR. That's a fact as anyone can search for and read through the posts.
Andy, actually Jangy proposed the $10,000 race to me and then backed out of his own race....LOL! I already had my car in the trailer and ready to go.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Andy, actually Jangy proposed the $10,000 race to me and then backed out of his own race....LOL! I already had my car in the trailer and ready to go.
Exactly. I'm down to head to CA/Vegas with you in Jan. If it happens we need to race Jangy on video.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
Exactly. I'm down to head to CA/Vegas with you in Jan. If it happens we need to race Jangy on video.
No need, I'm sure he will back out again, that's usually what happens with these internet tough guys when it comes down to do or die time.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
No need, I'm sure he will back out again, that's usually what happens with these internet tough guys when it comes down to do or die time.
Yep. Funny how all the detractors are those that didn't even make the event.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:59 PM

'15 CLS63 sAMG, '91 GMC Syclone, '89 Saleen Mustang Turbo Intercooled
All the MHP cars were fast @ MIR, so I would say they are the real deal.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Andy, you are never gonna win with some of these guys, even with all the proof and records that were broken/set this weekend with your tunes people are still doubting what you are claiming.

The owner of Powerchip himself has offered me a free updated 63 tune but I declined, that should show how confident I am in your tunes, others should do the same. I might have had a crummy weekend performance wise but I still managed an 11.13 and trapped at over 127 mph, most of the guys busting your ***** would kill to run a time like that...yet I'm not happy with it because I know I left so much on the table.

EVERYONE; Take a look at the fastes/quckest 63 list, #1 & #2 and #3 are all now MHP cars...gee, I wonder if the tunes work?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
OK, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

To ALL parties who are involved in the flame war (and if you think this does not apply to you, it probably DOES - I really do not want to name names, but will resort to public embarrassment if needed), STOP IT NOW.

I am not going to waste my time cleaning up yet another one of these threads just to have the same 3-5 people start another one or continue in this manner.

It takes more then one poster to create a flame fest - this is NOT just one or two poster's fault or problem.

Asking for one or two people to be punished or banned, will result in ALL of you being punished or banned - the same punishment for all offenders. This applies equally to sponsors and users, FYI. The rules are the rules, and will be applied to everyone. The moderation team, Internet Brands management and the admins are all VERY tired of these same users created chaos and fighting on nearly every thread they are involved in. This is not the purpose of the site, and if the site is better without these users, that will be the decision that is made.

Examples of bad behavior found in this thread alone:
- personal insults
- baiting users into aggressive retaliation
- overly aggressive preemptive posting
- foul language (or attempting as much with abbreviations)
- posting in a vendor thread with no real data or information, with the sole desire to disrupt their business

There is more I could add to this list, but I would hope that you all can use this as a wake up call and clean up your behavior on this site. We don't care what you do away from the site, but on MBWorld, this will no longer be tolerated.

Thanks
Brad
Old 11-24-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
I have no question that MHP has a strong tune, i just want something to sink my teeth into data wise on the E63. I want to be able to say...ok roughly with MHP ECU tune I will be at xxx WHP. Haven't seen a dyno yet tho
Old 11-24-2008, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Goatspeed
I have no question that MHP has a strong tune, i just want something to sink my teeth into data wise on the E63. I want to be able to say...ok roughly with MHP ECU tune I will be at xxx WHP. Haven't seen a dyno yet tho
As we have discussed through PM I should be able to help you further next week. As you know my ecu box hasn't come back yet. And to top it off my car is in the shop. Andy and Dave say I will have ecu back in my hands in the next couple days. I am hoping to get my ride back by middle of next week. I should hopefully be able to get you some solid numbers later net week. Beleive me I will post results as soon as I have them
Old 11-24-2008, 04:39 PM

2008 MB S63
Originally Posted by MHP
BTW, our customer with M6 ECU/TCU is loving his car.
You can say that again... First I want to thank Bruce at TTmotorsports.com for making me lean towards the MHP tuning even though I was skeptical because there was not yet a tune developed for the BMW M6 V10 motor by MHP. Second I want to thank Andy from MHP for taking care of me even when some problems occured (lost TCU) he right away got me a new one so there was not alot of down time on the car. Also I want to thank Dave Kasper who worked on the ECU/TCU and developed software and found things that no other BMW tuner has done while making alot more horsepower and torque for me. Ill have dyno numbers for you this week Andy.

Since I was unable to track the car at MIR, me and a couple of my buddys are going down to Atco one day next week before it closes (on a test and tune night). Ill have a set date when were going soon, so if anyone wants to join come on down!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a MHP Dyno sheet, I have choosen not to make it public becuase I do not have an apples to apples comparison in terms of mods. My only baseline pulls reflect a Powerchip tune on Dymags. My most recent Dyno pull was done with the MHP tune and a new Evosport Pulley on stock wheels. Evosport claims their pulley makes about 10rwhp, some simple math comparing my baseline runs and MHP runs less the 10whp for the pulley and adding the 25-30whp I loss with stock wheels shows me a net gain of 22-27rwhp with the MHP tune vs the Powerchip tune. I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed and doubted, that is why I never posted anything but the number don't lie.

Some of these guys are amazing, they claim they don't trust dyno numbers, "they only rely on time slips"...well, take a look at the times from this weekend, I think they speak for themselves, MHP owns the #1-#3 spots on the quickest 63 list....case closed!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I have a MHP Dyno sheet, I have choosen not to make it public becuase I do not have an apples to apples comparison in terms of mods. My only baseline pulls reflect a Powerchip tune on Dymags. My most recent Dyno pull was done with the MHP tune and a new Evosport Pulley on stock wheels. Evosport claims their pulley makes about 10rwhp, some simple math comparing my baseline runs and MHP runs less the 10whp for the pulley and adding the 25-30whp I loss with stock wheels shows me a net gain of 22-27rwhp with the MHP tune vs the Powerchip tune. I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed and doubted, that is why I never posted anything but the number don't lie.

Some of these guys are amazing, they claim they don't trust dyno numbers, "they only rely on time slips"...well, take a look at the times from this weekend, I think they speak for themselves, MHP owns the #1-#3 spots on the quickest 63 list....case closed!
Interesting on the Dyno info: So are you saying you're getting around 500rwhp w/out the Dymag's?
shows me a net gain of 22-27rwhp with the MHP tune vs the Powerchip tune.
If YES? please get those Dymag's back on & re-dyno, that would be VERY impressive 525-530 RWHP
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
Interesting on the Dyno info: So are you saying you're getting around 500rwhp w/out the Dymag's?
If YES? please get those Dymag's back on & re-dyno, that would be VERY impressive 525-530 RWHP
Well over 500 without the dymags , I was well over 500 with Dymags, don't forget to subtract the 10 for the pulley I'm not going to post any number out of respect to all tuners that have been involved, all I will say is based on calcualtion the MHP is giving me 22-27 more HP 14 more pounds of torque on a much nicer curve than the Powerchip.

An even bigger factor is the improved shifting, even if the MHP tune made equall power I would pay a few bucks more for Andy's tune becuase the TCU portion.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

2009 C63
Thanks for the reply on the BMW M6 stuff that I did.. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for your vehicle. We at MHP/BG can tune pretty much any European vehicle, make model or class doesn't matter we can tune them all(ECU/TCU). Even the new Nissan GT-R which we have made over 60HP over there stock tune. And to all those negitive comments about my tuning. Yes, I have had a few tuning setbacks and a few issues, but at the same time I have and will go the extra mile to resolve and correct. Yes, I am a new player in the European tuning world, but don't let that fool you, I have spent many years and have been involved with Mercedes,BMW,Lotus,Lambo's,Ferrari, and Maserati engine development packages to name a few. And, the numbers that were posted this past weekend should be enough prof of that. Thanks for all of the support. Dave-B&G

Last edited by BG Tuning; 11-24-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:44 PM

2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
As we have discussed through PM I should be able to help you further next week. As you know my ecu box hasn't come back yet. And to top it off my car is in the shop. Andy and Dave say I will have ecu back in my hands in the next couple days. I am hoping to get my ride back by middle of next week. I should hopefully be able to get you some solid numbers later net week. Beleive me I will post results as soon as I have them
You've been more than informative in your PM's thank you for that. I was more talking to myself and ended up typing it Either way looking forward to it!

JRCart, I'd not expect you to post yours as it would like like a completely different beast and we would all be disappointed when ours end up w/ 100 less hp :P

Thanks guys.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
As Jeff posted he should have solid results from our ECU/TCU very soon. Also keep in mind that 63s are 63s internally speaking. The air inlets and exhausts are slightly different but the ultimate numbers will be there regardless. Keep watching the forum.

Thanks!

Last edited by MHP; 11-24-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik
OK, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

To ALL parties who are involved in the flame war (and if you think this does not apply to you, it probably DOES - I really do not want to name names, but will resort to public embarrassment if needed), STOP IT NOW.

I am not going to waste my time cleaning up yet another one of these threads just to have the same 3-5 people start another one or continue in this manner.

It takes more then one poster to create a flame fest - this is NOT just one or two poster's fault or problem.

Asking for one or two people to be punished or banned, will result in ALL of you being punished or banned - the same punishment for all offenders. This applies equally to sponsors and users, FYI. The rules are the rules, and will be applied to everyone. The moderation team, Internet Brands management and the admins are all VERY tired of these same users created chaos and fighting on nearly every thread they are involved in. This is not the purpose of the site, and if the site is better without these users, that will be the decision that is made.

Examples of bad behavior found in this thread alone:
- personal insults
- baiting users into aggressive retaliation
- overly aggressive preemptive posting
- foul language (or attempting as much with abbreviations)
- posting in a vendor thread with no real data or information, with the sole desire to disrupt their business

There is more I could add to this list, but I would hope that you all can use this as a wake up call and clean up your behavior on this site. We don't care what you do away from the site, but on MBWorld, this will no longer be tolerated.

Thanks
Brad
Thank you for stepping in Brad.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Well over 500 without the dymags , I was well over 500 with Dymags, don't forget to subtract the 10 for the pulley I'm not going to post any number out of respect to all tuners that have been involved, all I will say is based on calcualtion the MHP is giving me 22-27 more HP 14 more pounds of torque on a much nicer curve than the Powerchip.

An even bigger factor is the improved shifting, even if the MHP tune made equall power I would pay a few bucks more for Andy's tune becuase the TCU portion.
I didn't know your RWHP had increased so much, I was just going off your Sig 502.x RWHP
Old 11-24-2008, 06:33 PM

ML320cdi, F250dsl.
Originally Posted by BG Tuning
Thanks for the reply on the BMW M6 stuff that I did.. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for your vehicle. We at MHP/BG can tune pretty much any European vehicle, and even the new Nissan GT-R which we have made over 60HP over there stock tune. And to all those negitive comments about my tuning. Yes, I have had a few tuning setbacks and a few issues, but at the same time I have and will go the extra mile to resolve and correct. Yes, I am a new player in the European tuning world, but don't let that fool you, I have spent many years and have been involved with Mercedes,BMW,Lotus,Lambo's,Ferrari, and Maserati engine development packages to name a few. And, the numbers that were posted this past weekend should be enough prof of that. Thanks for all of the support. Dave-B&G

I think that this whole debate started when I asked Andy about the TCU issues that we have been having. What upset me is that Andy would not admit that there are issues with the modules taking the tunes.

I'm glad that you have decided to come and see what is happening on these forums Dave. I'm sure that you are aware that the first Tcu that Marko received was witha stock tune and coded for a SL600. The second Tcu send was also wrong and stock. I had to force the stock tune from Markos original module so that he would have manual mode and would be able to drive the vehicle while we shipped his original Tcu out to be tunned. According to andy the problem was that the Vin would not take.

The original module showed up at the hotel in DC on Saturday morning. After installing and logging the drive to the track the module was stock. When we told andy he said that there are some issues with the check sum calculations and that is why the tune did not take.

And now there is a post by Andy claiming that MHP contributed to Marko's record setting pass. That in my eyes is a lye. The tune did not take and the module is completely stock. We had 800+ miles to Mir which a lot of it was spent with me datalogging the drive. And 800+ miles back with the module that had the vin in it allready. And I'm sorry to say but no difference.

Dave absolutely nothing against you or B G. Every tuner has issues and glitches with software/hardware. Even the ones that have been tuning MBs for decades. Everyone has a slip up. The fact that you posted about the issues is very professional. If I can help you out in any way please PM me your number.

As for Andy. Take credit when its due Andy. But you did not contribute anything to Markos runs. You said it your self. The tune did not take. And now you are claiming that MHP was involved with all the fastest MBs there is BS.

Regards
Martin.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dsmed
I think that this whole debate started when I asked Andy about the TCU issues that we have been having. What upset me is that Andy would not admit that there are issues with the modules taking the tunes.

I'm glad that you have decided to come and see what is happening on these forums Dave. I'm sure that you are aware that the first Tcu that Marko received was witha stock tune and coded for a SL600. The second Tcu send was also wrong and stock. I had to force the stock tune from Markos original module so that he would have manual mode and would be able to drive the vehicle while we shipped his original Tcu out to be tunned. According to andy the problem was that the Vin would not take.

The original module showed up at the hotel in DC on Saturday morning. After installing and logging the drive to the track the module was stock. When we told andy he said that there are some issues with the check sum calculations and that is why the tune did not take.

And now there is a post by Andy claiming that MHP contributed to Marko's record setting pass. That in my eyes is a lye. The tune did not take and the module is completely stock. We had 800+ miles to Mir which a lot of it was spent with me datalogging the drive. And 800+ miles back with the module that had the vin in it allready. And I'm sorry to say but no difference.

Dave absolutely nothing against you or B G. Every tuner has issues and glitches with software/hardware. Even the ones that have been tuning MBs for decades. Everyone has a slip up. The fact that you posted about the issues is very professional. If I can help you out in any way please PM me your number.

As for Andy. Take credit when its due Andy. But you did not contribute anything to Markos runs. You said it your self. The tune did not take. And now you are claiming that MHP was involved with all the fastest MBs there is BS.

Regards
Martin.
Yes Martin, all the BS drama started when you posted you're right about that. Obviously, as I TOLD you in person, the tune was not functioning to capacity.

As for me taking credit for Marko's pass, the fact remains our TCU was in the car for the pass, was it not? Did you run without it to see what the car would do?

I've already stated plain as day the tune wasn't functioning up to par so DO NOT call me a liar. As previously stated there's at least .3 if not .5 in it alone when 100% functional.

I also find it very weak that you would address this issue in public but say NOTHING to me in person about it. In fact the only thing I remember you saying this past weekend is how all 63 AMGs are junk--a comment heard by more than a few attendees.

Finally, you are not our customer, Marko is, so why are you even posting?

Honestly you came across (not just to me but quite a few others as well) as a highly arrogant individual. If you're so talented, why not program the TCU yourself Martin?

Last edited by MHP; 11-24-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Banned

2009 C63
DSmed, My post had nothing to do with Marko TCU issue. I am dealing with the TCU issue on Marko vehicle and I will resolve, understand that Marko had a long list of custom changes he wanted done, I am working on a revised TCU tune for his vehicle and he will be taken care of. I think there has been alot of missinformation posted on these forums without proper investigation of the issues. I have done a 03 E55 ECU which the customer is loving, and his car is flying, but someone said that ANDY had bricked his ECU,(Not true).. I would have to say in Marko's case I know I have to resolve his TCU issue, but also rember that the ECU has authority to manage TM, If you are data logging his TCU with the Mercedes tool, be aware it will not show you if torque tags/convertor stall TM/or line pressures have been modified so to say it is completly stock is a incorrect statment. (I can compare Marko Current TCU file to a stock file and they are not the same).So to answer your question about his TCU, it is modified from stock, but it has some shift issues that will be addressed. And also I don't have a clue what has been done to his ECU, I will also tune his ECU and he will have a mated MHP/BG ECU/TCU package that will work togther properly when I am finished with his vehicle. Then we will talk about how fast his car will be. Hope this helps. Dave-B&G

Last edited by BG Tuning; 11-24-2008 at 07:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP MIR Recap