MHP MIR Recap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by BG Tuning
I think there has been alot of missinformation posted on these forums without proper investigation of the issues.
Understatement of the decade!!!!

I just got off the phone with JRCart and the things that he told me people said about "evosport" make me laugh. It is funny how people have no clue about things, but make authoritative commentary. Sad, sad, sad.

thanks
Brad

PS - we are happy to be the supplier of the hard parts on the two BS listed above (while I do believe in our tune 100%), we are proud to have evosport parts on cars moving at these speeds!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320cdi, F250dsl.
Dave I am aware of the list or modifications to Markos TCU. I was involved in making of the list. I also have no doubts in your abilities. Much respect to what your are capable of doing as is. I have worked on Benzes for the last 10years and I am very aware of how complicated the make things.

Andy. You say the tune did not work to capacity. How many 65s have you been in or seen run to be able to judge that? I have worked on and driven more 65s that you have ever see. And belive who you want but that TCU in Markos CL is 100% stock.

I have made a comment about your 63. And no one elses. And I also told you that I was just busting you ***** later on. Jim was there as him. And also commented that his car is bad ***.

I may not be you customer but a long time friend of Marko. Before he had a 65 before he had a CL55. Back when he street raced his supra. We both went through a lot of BS to come to MIR because you said you would deliver. 1600 miles on race gas is not cheap Andy.

Call me arrogant if you want. Does not bother me. As far as why I don't tune the Tcu myself. I got a better question. What do you do andy ? Do you tune? Build motors? Weld? How are you involved with anything or everything? I have built motors, transmissions and tuned several cars myself. Ask Marko he has seen my garage trans and motor part everywhere. I mean everywhere lol.

As far as Markos vehicle goes. His car spent 40+ hours in my garage. Victor Marko and myself have spend endless hours on the phone and in person to build what is on the car now. And many more plans are being worked on presently. If I had the possibilty to tune the Tcu myself, I would not be typing this. I would be working on it. I know you don't tune TCUs. So don't call me out on it.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dsmed
Dave I am aware of the list or modifications to Markos TCU. I was involved in making of the list. I also have no doubts in your abilities. Much respect to what your are capable of doing as is. I have worked on Benzes for the last 10years and I am very aware of how complicated the make things.

Andy. You say the tune did not work to capacity. How many 65s have you been in or seen run to be able to judge that? I have worked on and driven more 65s that you have ever see. And belive who you want but that TCU in Markos CL is 100% stock.

I have made a comment about your 63. And no one elses. And I also told you that I was just busting you ***** later on. Jim was there as him. And also commented that his car is bad ***.

I may not be you customer but a long time friend of Marko. Before he had a 65 before he had a CL55. Back when he street raced his supra. We both went through a lot of BS to come to MIR because you said you would deliver. 1600 miles on race gas is not cheap Andy.

Call me arrogant if you want. Does not bother me. As far as why I don't tune the Tcu myself. I got a better question. What do you do andy ? Do you tune? Build motors? Weld? How are you involved with anything or everything? I have built motors, transmissions and tuned several cars myself. Ask Marko he has seen my garage trans and motor part everywhere. I mean everywhere lol.

As far as Markos vehicle goes. His car spent 40+ hours in my garage. Victor Marko and myself have spend endless hours on the phone and in person to build what is on the car now. And many more plans are being worked on presently. If I had the possibilty to tune the Tcu myself, I would not be typing this. I would be working on it. I know you don't tune TCUs. So don't call me out on it.
Martin,
I've built motors, transmissions, rear ends, set up suspensions, etc. I also tune and have been doing so for 8 years, though as I've said in public on this forum and others, not even close to Dave's level which is why he's my head tuner. Dave is slowly but surely teaching me the Euro stuff and as everyone probably realizes it's not easy.
1600 miles is a long drive, but you didn't seem too pissed drinking the bottles of Kettle or shots of Patron that Jim and I bought, and Marko still bested his previous record--last I checked Marko didn't need you to pay for gas either.
Yes I can weld, yes I can drive, but no I'm not chicken **** enough to put on a fake face in public then take stabs at someone afterwards online.
I also find it ironic that you "bust my *****" about my car, what exactly do you drive?
Dave has already addressed your incorrect assement of the TCM in Markos car, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to continue posting.
I've already PMd you my phone number but apparently you feel the need to keep going online. Whatever makes you feel good Martin.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:08 PM

ML320cdi, F250dsl.
I have called you Andy. And we did talk. If you want I will pay for the 3 shots and 1 drink that I had. As for what I drive, w210 E55. That I have owned for the last 6 years. An F150 and a 92 Eagle Talon AWD. What will walk your C all day.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dsmed
I have called you Andy. And we did talk. If you want I will pay for the 3 shots and 1 drink that I had. As for what I drive, w210 E55. That I have owned for the last 6 years. An F150 and a 92 Eagle Talon AWD. What will walk your C all day.
Yep, you finally called and we talked. Again your need to continue on in this thread is past the point of being laughable it's now bordering on retarded.

Unfortunately I just parted out (2 mos ago) my 9 second 98 Cobra, but I bet the ladies really dig that '92 Talon. Keep the $ for the drinks as I think you just made it clear you need it more than me.

Finally, congrats on being one of 20,000 MB techs in this country alone.

You are indeed a special person.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 11:00 PM

Can someone clarify some things for me? I'm still confused.

Andy claimed that MHP is responsible for 3 of the fastest 63's? But didn't Jim's car run faster before MHP "tuned" his car in worse conditions both on and off bottle? Wasn't it "faster" as an EVO and Powerchip car?

Andy is claiming MHP is responsible for Marko's great runs, but did MHP really have anything to do with it? Isn't it mostly a VRP car?

Is JT's car just a tune, or does it have other mods?

Were there other 63's there that were running modified?

Old 11-24-2008, 11:11 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Can someone clarify some things for me? I'm still confused.
Been over this already but why not...

Andy claimed that MHP is responsible for 3 of the fastest 63's? But didn't Jim's car run faster before MHP "tuned" his car in worse conditions both on and off bottle? Wasn't it "faster" as an EVO and Powerchip car?
Jim's making between 24-28rwhp SAE more now with our tune than the previous tune based on his objective dyno results. This caused issues because when combined with our TCU and eliminated torque management he was making too much power to use the tires he ran his previous N/A best with (R compound Corsas) and not enough to not bog with his slicks (17" ET Streets). His car is no question quicker/faster now but until he gets some 315/35 MT DRs on he won't be able to put any of that power to the ground.
On ET Streets and spray he still shattered his old nitrous record running 11.1@127 on a 70-75 shot with him getting out of the throttle due to the lack of traction up top. CLK BS's are not setup for the drag strip, end of story.

Andy is claiming MHP is responsible for Marko's great runs, but did MHP really have anything to do with it? Isn't it mostly a VRP car?
Andy said Marko ran his best of 10.72@130.76 with a MHP TCU that was not functioning up to spec. Nevertheless it was the TCU that was in the car. I'm not boasting about it because we know there's .3 to .5 in a properly functioning TCU for his car.

Is JT's car just a tune, or does it have other mods?
Did you read the initial post with all the vehicles specific mods? Please see post #1.

Were there other 63's there that were running modified?
Fr33kn63 ran his best ever 12.0@118 with our TCU and his old Renntech ECU bettering his old record by .1 and 2mph in his E63.

Otherwise not sure on what else was running 63 wise besides my C63.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I still can't believe that Blackbenzz's (Ahmad) CLK55 Kleemann ran 11.0 and beat all all the sprayed and modded C63s/CLK63 BS at this same event.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:49 PM

ML320cdi, F250dsl.
Originally Posted by MHP
Yep, you finally called and we talked. Again your need to continue on in this thread is past the point of being laughable it's now bordering on retarded.

Unfortunately I just parted out (2 mos ago) my 9 second 98 Cobra, but I bet the ladies really dig that '92 Talon. Keep the $ for the drinks as I think you just made it clear you need it more than me.

Finally, congrats on being one of 20,000 MB techs in this country alone.

You are indeed a special person.

Thanks
Oh thank you great and rich master for letting me keep my money. Now I can feed my wife and myself for the rest of the week...

Not really shure where you are going with the whole 20,000 techs thing...
Old 11-24-2008, 11:55 PM

08 CL600 Blk/Blk (09 C63 traded back- too small) 04 E55 sold
Thanks again Andy!!

It was well into the afternoon on Saturday at MIR where dozens of enthusiasts were making runs and sharing excitement about the day and the excellent conditions for breaking ET and MPH records when Andy arrived.

His C63 looked exactly like it had made the many hour trip from Ohio through early winter snow flurries and brief snow squalls on it's way to the track in Maryland. It was difficult to discern the dried salt spray from the Silver color of his car (when he drove past several of us icing down our intakes and checking our tire pressures) on his way to lining up for his first pass. He stopped long enough to register his car and get his helmet on before getting in line to make his first pass with basically a heat soaked engine and salty tires. I believe that his first run was an 11.66 and his next run soon after was the 11.59 run.

Now, with hours left to cool down, make adjustments, and make many more passes to strive for better times, Andy began helping others. Race gas went to the GTR owner for free. Advice went out to others who asked for assistance, and when he asked how I was doing, I said that I was having a great time and enjoying the day but that I had installed drag radials that were too tall to make great et's.

The next thing I knew, Andy offered me his drag radials to try for a couple of passses. Before I had time to decide, he had a floor jack going and drag radials were rolling my way. He also helped to stage me and insisted that I run a few times to get what would be my best time of the day (11.80). I returned the tires only to watch Andy tirelessly help others, customers or not, for the rest of the day. I believe his tires were on at least 2 or 3 other cars during the next hours of daylight while his car remained on a floor jack most of the time.

I know that there has been much said here both pro and con about Andy and MHP. I am simply telling what I saw and experienced first hand so that others can use this feedback to make informed decisions about who they may do business with.

I also want to sincerely thank Andy for the use of his tires, his total dedication to racing, and the fact that his customers and non-customers came before his business interests!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
You're the guy w/the 08' CL600 right?

Originally Posted by PedalPusher
It was well into the afternoon on Saturday at MIR where dozens of enthusiasts were making runs and sharing excitement about the day and the excellent conditions for breaking ET and MPH records when Andy arrived.

His C63 looked exactly like it had made the many hour trip from Ohio through early winter snow flurries and brief snow squalls on it's way to the track in Maryland. It was difficult to discern the dried salt spray from the Silver color of his car (when he drove past several of us icing down our intakes and checking our tire pressures) on his way to lining up for his first pass. He stopped long enough to register his car and get his helmet on before getting in line to make his first pass with basically a heat soaked engine and salty tires. I believe that his first run was an 11.66 and his next run soon after was the 11.59 run.

Now, with hours left to cool down, make adjustments, and make many more passes to strive for better times, Andy began helping others. Race gas went to the GTR owner for free. Advice went out to others who asked for assistance, and when he asked how I was doing, I said that I was having a great time and enjoying the day but that I had installed drag radials that were too tall to make great et's.

The next thing I knew, Andy offered me his drag radials to try for a couple of passses. Before I had time to decide, he had a floor jack going and drag radials were rolling my way. He also helped to stage me and insisted that I run a few times to get what would be my best time of the day (11.80). I returned the tires only to watch Andy tirelessly help others, customers or not, for the rest of the day. I believe his tires were on at least 2 or 3 other cars during the next hours of daylight while his car remained on a floor jack most of the time.

I know that there has been much said here both pro and con about Andy and MHP. I am simply telling what I saw and experienced first hand so that others can use this feedback to make informed decisions about who they may do business with.

I also want to sincerely thank Andy for the use of his tires, his total dedication to racing, and the fact that his customers and non-customers came before his business interests!
Congratz on the 11.80 @ 120mph! that Trap speed is krazzee, 65 amg's usually trap 118-120 stock

Are you getting MHP ECU/TCU? if yes please post dyno's afterwards
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I still can't believe that Blackbenzz's (Ahmad) CLK55 Kleemann ran 11.0 and beat all all the sprayed and modded C63s/CLK63 BS at this same event.
No knock toward Ahmad at all but his car isn't exactly stock lol.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PedalPusher

Wow!!! Thanks Craig, I think that's the nicest post anyone's ever directed towards me. It was a pleasure finally meeting you in person, as well as Ingrid and Greg. I think we all had a GREAT time.
I also think the 11.80@120 has to be a record of some kind for a stock 600 damn impressive to say the least. Sean can you verify?

Thanks again!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MHP
Wow!!! Thanks Craig, I think that's the nicest post anyone's ever directed towards me. It was a pleasure finally meeting you in person, as well as Ingrid and Greg. I think we all had a GREAT time.
I also think the 11.80@120 has to be a record of some kind for a stock 600 damn impressive to say the least. Sean can you verify?

Thanks again!
I'm 100% certain it's a record for BOTH ET & Especially TRAP, that is "stock" 65 amg territory...
Old 11-25-2008, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MHP
No knock toward Ahmad at all but his car isn't exactly stock lol.
...and niether were any of the other clk's.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
was there even a single car that was racing that was 100% stock...highly doubt it...
Old 11-25-2008, 02:09 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
...and niether were any of the other clk's.
Again not taking anything away from Ahmad his car is badass, but it's not a bolt-on affair. He took a N/A motor and added a PD blower, etc. Yes Jim had a 75 shot on but he couldn't even stay in it the entire pass. IMO both cars are capable of 10s and both need more sorting. Jim's biggest downfall by comparison is the RR suspension. With something, anything more compliant to dragging (even a CLK 55s susp) he would've gone 10s on that pass no question.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:10 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
was there even a single car that was racing that was 100% stock...highly doubt it...
Maybe the Viper but that was it for sure. LOL did you see the 9 second vw run?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Andy,

why did you only run 2x?

Let me begin by saying I am very impressed by your passion,

I know your timeslip should be more along the lines of JT55's. Your car should have trapped at least 121 .5. Did you data log your runs?

I sure wish you ran her with more pressure in the rear and wonder if your front tires were at 50-51psi?

I wish we could focus on your car and the result rather than the silly back and forth that has tarnished this forum for the last couple months. I respect the guys on both sides and hope we can all see we have similar goals here.

Were you running a 93 tune or 100?

Also what are JT55's mods.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MHP
Maybe the Viper but that was it for sure. LOL did you see the 9 second vw run?
What about PedalPusher's Stock 08 CL600? or is it excluded do to the use of your Drag Rad's
Old 11-25-2008, 03:50 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
Andy,

why did you only run 2x?
Juicee, I actually made 5 passes and my friend Mike from BWoody made 1 in my car so 6 total:

1:14pm, hot off the street: 1.79, 7.55@95.86, 11.66@119.39

1:26pm: 1.80, 7.64@95.69, 11.78@118.73

3:02pm: 1.75, 7.47@96.01, 11.59@119.75

3:34pm: 1.77, 7.55@96.08, 11.68@119.00

3:48pm: 1.77, 7.59@94.77, 11.72@119.18

Mike's pass (he has the slip) was 1.73, 11.6X@119+ and was the third run overall.

Here's a vid of my worst run lol shot by my friend Keoni with the only 11 sec H/C N/A Jeep SRT8 with our ECU Tuning:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...rrent=1012.flv

Let me begin by saying I am very impressed by your passion,

I know your timeslip should be more along the lines of JT55's. Your car should have trapped at least 121 .5. Did you data log your runs?
Thanks bro, I think we share it to be honest. I always look forward to your input on my times/traps. I would've thought a 121 trap was in order, maybe higher, but remember too that CLK BS's have numerically higher rear gearing than Cs and he does have a full exhaust--mine is stock 2.5" with 2 3/8" neckdowns at the diff and collector. I think they're also a bit lighter which is somewhat offset by the RR suspension--John's car is slammed beyond that as well, NASTY looking car.
I didn't even have time to break out my FAST DB A/F meter unfortunately. The ECT on my 11.59 run was 170F pre burn out, and oil about the same, all other runs it was literally 190+. At NRP it was 140F.

I sure wish you ran her with more pressure in the rear and wonder if your front tires were at 50-51psi?
I didn't play with rear pressure, set it at 18psi cold and left it there. You're right it may have helped trap but John ran with the same pressure. My front tires (I found out after the race when filling the rears back up) were at 34psi. I had a duffle bag in the front seat with bottles of water, etc. that weighed maybe 10lbs, still had the spare in the trunk and about 1/3 tank of gas closer to 1/2 after adding the 105.

I wish we could focus on your car and the result rather than the silly back and forth that has tarnished this forum for the last couple months. I respect the guys on both sides and hope we can all see we have similar goals here.
I'd love that as well.

Were you running a 93 tune or 100
93 for 4 of the passes (first 4 including the 11.59) I dumped in some 105 (MS109) for the last 2 but I did not give the ECU any time to compensate as I pitted 50 ft from the burnout box.

Also what are JT55's mods.
MHP v2 ECU/TCU, MHP Thermal Gaskets, Evosport UD Pulley and Full Exhaust, my 265/50/18" DRs--which btw looked comical in his cars huge wheelwells on 93 octane.

Last edited by MHP; 11-25-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:06 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
What about PedalPusher's Stock 08 CL600? or is it excluded do to the use of your Drag Rad's
Craig ran 11.80@120 with both my 265/40/18s and his 305/40/18s in his green '08 CL600. I believe he ran 12.1@116.5+ 100% stock with less than 500 on the odo?
Insane either way...
Old 11-25-2008, 06:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
cl65 runs 10.70@130!!!! wow!!!
what mods are done?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
everyone can use the NHRA correction factors, that doesn't make anything official.... I don't see anything about NHRA endorsing them or making them "official"....

Originally Posted by MHP
Read the site, it's no question the official NHRA corrections website. Send them an email for confirmation.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by MHP
Again not taking anything away from Ahmad his car is badass, but it's not a bolt-on affair. He took a N/A motor and added a PD blower, etc. Yes Jim had a 75 shot on but he couldn't even stay in it the entire pass. IMO both cars are capable of 10s and both need more sorting. Jim's biggest downfall by comparison is the RR suspension. With something, anything more compliant to dragging (even a CLK 55s susp) he would've gone 10s on that pass no question.
Take the following objectively and not as a jab at you or Jim. Just want the facts out there, not trying to argue.
There are many factors that were in play...
1) Jim was on a RACE gas tune, I was on pump gas
2) Jim was using nitrous, you forget that I have nitrous of my own (makes almost double the power on an FI car than a NA car) but had no reason to use it. I had put the bottle in on the last pass of the day when Jim and I were going to line em up and Jim knew I had just put the bottle in. I was going to spray on 3rd and up against Jim.
3) I am FULL weight (minus the spare) including 19" DPE wheels in the front. I raced my car the way it is on the street minus the wheel/tire swap. I still had alot of junk in my car and the all weather floor mats and the big *** battery. He has weight reduction mods (250+lbs according to him) and dymag wheels in the front.
4) He was running on 16" forgeline wheels and mickey thompson et streets (A bias ply tire that hooks way better than any radial). I was on 18" koseis with bald bfg drag radials.
5) You keep talking about Jims suspension like I dont have an aftermarket suspension on my car. I have KW v.2's with alot of negative camber on my car. CLK's dont sit that low stock. It is not a soft suspension and definitely not setup for drag racing. So please stop bringing that up.
6) I still have cats and a resonator on the car. Only exhaust stuff I have touched are headers and muffler.

Also consider that I'm running nearly half the boost the E55 guys I'm competing with are running. This is a street car that I can just hop in and drive any time I want. I drive it long distances on a regular basis. I can tell you the car will EASILY do tens the way it sits, I did not spray the car at all on saturday.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-25-2008 at 09:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP MIR Recap