Houston Raceway Park Rental...TEXAS PEEPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Houston Raceway Park Rental...TEXAS PEEPS

Everyone, after crapping out (if you consider 11.13 crapping out, I do) this weekend at MIR I am bound and determined to go 10's with my car. I was preparred to drive from MIR to Houston yesterday, but my buddy had to be at work today (damn jobs).

I am going to be renting Houston Raceway Park in late January, if any of you want to join me and split the costs let me know, if I get enough interest I might just make it a track day and charge $75 or so a head to absorb some cost. Any feedback on dates that work better for you guys let me know, I have a very flexible work schedule LOL!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
You picked the right track for the time!! I would go in with you but have the luxury of living here..Sure will pay to race, if that helps..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-24-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CLS63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Everyone, after crapping out (if you consider 11.13 crapping out, I do) this weekend at MIR I am bound and determined to go 10's with my car. I was preparred to drive from MIR to Houston yesterday, but my buddy had to be at work today (damn jobs).

I am going to be renting Houston Raceway Park in late January, if any of you want to join me and split the costs let me know, if I get enough interest I might just make it a track day and charge $75 or so a head to absorb some cost. Any feedback on dates that work better for you guys let me know, I have a very flexible work schedule LOL!
i would like to go...i worked at HRP for 7 years...my first job out of college...before you schedule any dates, let me know as i know the manager and the owners...the manager has mentioned he would help me out with a track rental in the past...if you're interested?

i'm sure my brother (busa196) would participate also...he has a s65.

john
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
Count me in.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
i may also be in for this
Old 11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK, so here is the skinny. I just got off the phone with HRP, they have some pretty odd rental rates.

Both Saturday January 24th and Saturday January 31st are available for rental. They will only allow us to have one lane. Rates are as follow. Gates open at 9:00 but first pass is not until 10:00am-5:00pm.

$1000.00 1-3 cars

4 cars or more cost $350.00/ car, they will not allow more than 20 or so cars.

The $1000 for 1-3 cars is a bargain, but hitting each additional car with $350.00 charge sounds like a rip-off. This rate does include full 1/4 mile VHT track prep if desired.

Let me know what you guys think, do these dates work? Which dates work best? Let me know and I will call them back and give them a credit card.

If any of you locals know anyone at the track try to call in a favor, maybe $200 per car if we can get 10 cars...I am going either way, even if I have to pay the $1000 for myself, but I'm just trying to save everone some loot.

MARKOCL65 says he is in as well, so it looks like we have at least 6 guys that will attend.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-25-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by housclass
i would like to go...i worked at HRP for 7 years...my first job out of college...before you schedule any dates, let me know as i know the manager and the owners...the manager has mentioned he would help me out with a track rental in the past...if you're interested?

i'm sure my brother (busa196) would participate also...he has a s65.

john
Call in a favor, I just spoke to a guy named Seth, is he your guy? Both lanes would be sweet.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-25-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:08 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Jcart,

Just a few things to think about.. How do you cover rain outs or hot weather? Here is another suggestion dependign on how bad you want that 10 ..

I do not know all the details on your car or why you were off from your goal but We all support any benz running a 10.. I assume you ran in a minus 2000 DA from the post on MIR. Again, I do not know your HP or set up but you should be able to calculate with good traction the DA you need to get that 10.. Unless you have a lot of room to make that 10, then a track rental may not get you the DA you need. Only you know that magic number.

Another idea, maybe in addition to a track rental, would be to watch the weather a week out and then bust **** down here on Friday night and stay for Sunday night too. This gives two full shots on projected D/A you need.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Jcart,

Just a few things to think about.. How do you cover rain outs or hot weather? Here is another suggestion dependign on how bad you want that 10 ..

I do not know all the details on your car or why you were off from your goal but We all support any benz running a 10.. I assume you ran in a minus 2000 DA from the post on MIR. Again, I do not know your HP or set up but you should be able to calculate with good traction the DA you need to get that 10.. Unless you have a lot of room to make that 10, then a track rental may not get you the DA you need. Only you know that magic number.

Another idea, maybe in addition to a track rental, would be to watch the weather a week out and then bust **** down here on Friday night and stay for Sunday night too. This gives two full shots on projected D/A you need.
I was off from my goal for two reason...one main reason, traction at the 1/8 mile-1000 ft point. I was laying down consistan 1.66 60' times but the tires were breaking loose at the far end. This was only happening on NOS runs.

I am more than confident that I have the HP to go 10's even without the -DA. my 11.13 @127.09 pass was done with only a 70 shot of NOS and my N/A 100 octane ECU and I rolled out of the throtle towrds the finish becasue of traction issues. I have a second ECU tuned and timed specifically for NOS and 120 octane fuel. An extra 80hp, 120 octane fuel and the proper ECU will definetly give me more than the 1/10th I need, it should probably give me more like 3/10th's...or more.

As for rain out's, I will stay down there until the track drys, does it rain alot in Houston? I am honestly not too familiar with Houston weather patterns in Jan. I own a house down in Addison, TX just outside Dallas to Houston is not too bad of a drive and I spend a lot of the winter months down there instead of Chicago, weather tends to be just slightly nicer in TX in January.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Weather is funny here in Jan-Feb. It starts to rain some then but again who knows. Basically our Jan., can bring anything. We have been on a long dry spell here over the last 3 months, so may hold..We also have a lot of minus D/A here; that is a fact.. Track prep is incredible at HRP!

Sounds like MIR may have had a damp spot on the end of the track. Very little ET is lost past the 1000 mark anyway.. Minus 2000 ft is worth .20 for your car verses "O" D/A. All you need is .02 better 60ft and you are there with the same weather! Your back up plan sounds like a given 10! You should be able to get that in Dallas , as well. They are 635 above sea level though.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Weather is funny here in Jan-Feb. It starts to rain some then but again who knows. Basically our Jan., can bring anything. We have been on a long dry spell here over the last 3 months, so may hold..We also have a lot of minus D/A here; that is a fact.. Track prep is incredible at HRP!

Sounds like MIR may have had a damp spot on the end of the track. Very little ET is lost past the 1000 mark anyway.. Minus 2000 ft is worth .20 for your car verses "O" D/A. All you need is .02 better 60ft and you are there with the same weather! Your back up plan sounds like a given 10! You should be able to get that in Dallas , as well. They are 635 above sea level though.
I hear that HRP is generally a faster and better prepped track than the track up in Dallas, better prep is worth the drive IMO, although the Dallas air should be cooler and dryer than Houston this time of year. I guess I should look at some National Weather Service history charts before I make a final decision, but I am leaning towards HRP, I have heard from many that is is one of the quickest in North America
Old 11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
II am leaning towards HRP, I have heard from many that is is one of the quickest in North America
Yes, they say we have NITROUS in the air at HRP. I have raced on a lot of tracks and this is the best by far I have ever raced on. It is worth the trip for a record.. They pretty much run every Friday and Sunday, so you can run down from Dallas all winter on the right day.. Track rental would be cool and covering the fee, should be easy..
Old 11-25-2008, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, they say we have NITROUS in the air at HRP. I have raced on a lot of tracks and this is the best by far I have ever raced on. It is worth the trip for a record.. They pretty much run every Friday and Sunday, so you can run down from Dallas all winter on the right day.. Track rental would be cool and covering the fee, should be easy..
I agree, HRP is the way to go, although I am still going to work the track for a better rate, the money is no issue for me, but I'm not sure of everyone elses financial situation with todays economy. It just seems $350.00 a person for a single lane track rental seems a bit high. I believe Ahmad got both lanes at MIR for $2500 (don't quote me on that, but that is a number I think I recall hearing) with unlimited number of cars/participants, it only cost people $100.00.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see what kind of additional interest we get over the next 4-5 days and then call the track on Monday and start beating them up on price, or at least tell them I want both lanes if we are paying full price.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
I fwded this to the DFW Auto Club guys to see if we can maybe get a group together. There's a new 1/4 strip supposed to be opening in Dallas soon to.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I fwded this to the DFW Auto Club guys to see if we can maybe get a group together. There's a new 1/4 strip supposed to be opening in Dallas soon to.
Dallas would be convienient, I have a place in Addison, but weather is hit or miss in Jan, I figured Houston would be a safer bet. I am shipping my car to Dallas next week, attending a track day at the Motorsports Ranch next Saturday and my car will be down there all winter, we should hook up some time.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I believe Ahmad got both lanes at MIR for $2500 (don't quote me on that, but that is a number I think I recall hearing) with unlimited number of cars/participants,
That is not true. It was a weekend offseason rental.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I agree, HRP is the way to go, although I am still going to work the track for a better rate, the money is no issue for me, but I'm not sure of everyone elses financial situation with todays economy. It just seems $350.00 a person for a single lane track rental seems a bit high. I believe Ahmad got both lanes at MIR for $2500 (don't quote me on that, but that is a number I think I recall hearing) with unlimited number of cars/participants, it only cost people $100.00.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see what kind of additional interest we get over the next 4-5 days and then call the track on Monday and start beating them up on price, or at least tell them I want both lanes if we are paying full price.
If you think that's expensive, try renting tracks in California..... Famoso charges $5k for a maximum of 10 cars. That's $500 / car I don't want to even know what's the price for more than 10 cars
Old 11-26-2008, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
That is not true. It was a weekend offseason rental.
Ahmad, I am extending an invitation to you if you would like to attend this event. I will even offer to pay for your lodging and track rental fee. If you can get your car to Texas I'll take care of the rest. Then we can race head-to-head all day, let me know.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:15 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Definitely in, hopefully with the car. If not I'll just fly down and be a pit *****.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Ahmad, I am extending an invitation to you if you would like to attend this event. I will even offer to pay for your lodging and track rental fee. If you can get your car to Texas I'll take care of the rest. Then we can race head-to-head all day, let me know.
WOW This is getting better by the minute.

Have you posted this track rental on the other MB sections? Plenty of money in this city. The track is surounded by a 100 miles of gasoline producing plants.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I am going to have to pass. I do not have a trailer and it would suck to break something so far away from home. Thanks for the offer
Old 11-26-2008, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOW This is getting better by the minute.

Have you posted this track rental on the other MB sections? Plenty of money in this city. The track is surounded by a 100 miles of gasoline producing plants.
As soon as I get a firm date lined up I will post in a few other section as well as make a post in the Events and Gatherings section. Most of the heavy hitters frequent this room, so I figured I would start here.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I am going to have to pass. I do not have a trailer and it would suck to break something so far away from home. Thanks for the offer
I agree, you need a trailer just in case, I would hate to see the tow truck bill from Texas to Maryland should you snap an axle or something. Should anything change and you get access to a trailer let me know and I will have a spot for you.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I agree, you need a trailer just in case, I would hate to see the tow truck bill from Texas to Maryland should you snap an axle or something. Should anything change and you get access to a trailer let me know and I will have a spot for you.
Thanks for understanding. I will let you know if anything changes. Hell, I may even fly out to watch that beast of your crack tens!
Old 11-27-2008, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HOUSECLASS; did you have a chance to speak with your old manager to see if he can hook us up in ANY way possible? Two lanes would be very cool, please push for that. Let him know we are not bringing a bunch of old jalopies and there is almost no chance of us oiling down the track, let him know the majority of the cars are all road going M-B's.

Does anyone else have any feedback or opinions? What date works better for the majority 1/24 or 1/31? Let me know I want to get a date locked down early next week.

I just did some research on the national weather services website and drag times, It's quite possible that we could end up with a -800/-1000 DA at GRP in January. It appears the last two weeks of Jan and the first 3 weeks of Feb is traditionally the coolest time of the year, with very little precip and low humididty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston Raceway Park Rental...TEXAS PEEPS