Sponsored by:

Q about selling E63 P30

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
Q about selling E63 P30

I fear I am in a rut I can't get out of and I may have to sell my car, I have some questions. See more of my car here - http://www.703power.com/((All photos with clears are post accident))
It has EVERY option other than Parking. Year 08 - Millage: 18,400 (rounded up)

Minimal Mods:
  • Debadged (Getting them put back of if I sell)
  • 5% Window Tint (should I remove this? this might discourage people)
  • Clear sidemarkers (orange is lame)
  • Cilajet paint treatment (cilajet.com)
  • interior treatment (I don't remember brand)

See FULL Sticker - See ZOOMED options

1) Where/How should I go about selling it, considering it is rare (P30 Performance Package) [To the dealership that repaired it?]

2) It has been in an accident, how much loss am I going to take?
***You can not tell if you do not pull the report, its in MINT condition, nothing was "repaired", it was all replaced and I intended to keep the car, so countless returns to body shop and dealership for perfection. Drives and Handles like new.***

3) I have extended warranty, I guess this is from Mercedes? I left out the door over $120k

4) Is it even a good time to sell? Like if I could buy time and sell a few months later, should I do that? or is holiday season good?

4) Accessories, what to do with them? Sell them with car? Bluetooth adapter, All-whether floor mats, Full rear seat cover (for laying sporting goods or something of that nature in the back seat, or getting in while dirty, I use for snowboarding)

What is P30: 50% stiffer suspension, LSD, 2-piece rims, sawed steering wheel, sawed roof liner, composite brake pads(same rotors), raised top speed to 186 (I have seen higher down hills). http://www.worldcarfans.com/....special-amg...

Other things I have heard from my AMG Tech who does the my E63(After fighting with dealership over bad experiences, I don't let anyone touch it) Black Series and SLR: Cast iron carrier, as opposed to aluminum (I don't event know what a carrier is...) 16mm bolts a opposed to 14mm, Reinforced... I forget. But the point is, its much more than a throw on option, its built in the other studio.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I'll take the bluetooth. Got stuck with a non-functional one.

The value will always drop, so holding on to it won't raise the price. But, you have also taken a good portion of the hit, especially with the miles.

If the wreck is on the VIN, then honestly you will have to sell it wholesale (auction). It technically can not even be CPO'd. Sorry...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jangy
I'll take the bluetooth. Got stuck with a non-functional one.

The value will always drop, so holding on to it won't raise the price. But, you have also taken a good portion of the hit, especially with the miles.

If the wreck is on the VIN, then honestly you will have to sell it wholesale (auction). It technically can not even be CPO'd. Sorry...

+1

Problem is 1. Body shop (whomever it may be probably reported it as wrecked and it'll show on CarFax and others 2. MB knows about the hit so they cant sell it "certified."

Q: What was the amount of estimate and arear on car that was 'hit?" Are you selling it (or feeling the market) because of the hit? If it drives so great, you already took the hit on the purchase. Keep it and drive it. The diminished value due to depreciation (big time losses on high end cars in 2008) and (new model for 2010) coming out as well as diminished value due to accident are all causing this car to go way lower than you'd ever expect. Drive it and enjoy it.

Anyone know what Manheim auctions say on this car??? I'll bet its about $60 K or less?

This one has 120 miles with NO 30 package, BUT it should be a guide and it new and not wrecked!!
$79,900

Mileage: 120

Save this Car

Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG

* 11 Photos

* Black

* 8 Cylinder Gasoline

Original Mspr $95540, Take Advantage Of Dealer Demo Savings!! Very Low Miles, Black With Black Leather, Premium 2 Package, Navigation System, Heated & Active Ventilated Front Seats, Bi-Xenon Active Headlamps, Cornering Foglamps, Parktronic, Vo... read m

Last edited by Newzchspy; 11-25-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
Hit was over a year ago, I am selling because I need money.
I would love to keep it, car is perfect to me, I know I will come out of this rut and want it back. I went through insurance to get the car repaired, no other cars involved.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by intellilogic
Hit was over a year ago, I am selling because I need money.
Then do what you need to do. Sell out as many accessories as possible. You will NEVER get that value in one. I dunno what you plan to ask, but I think you will still end up having to wholesale it. the other best bet is to go to a local USED car lot and see if they will put it in their inventory for sale. the lot will gain by having an expensive car in inventory and added traffic (maybe) and you may get more than auction.

My bet on auction is around $50k.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
good luck.. but having read the other stories.. its a matter of time before people will jump on this thread and low ball your ride.

Find a way to "total" it... or be creative and let the bank take it.

Do you need to stop making payments?

If you paid cash for your ride?.. ouch! if you did.

If you are going to trade it in or let the bank take it..sell me your wheels.. I'll give you $1k and you have my old E55 wheels and tires. I'll pick up shipping.

call the bank and ask them to work with you.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Take your car to Camax in Dulles to see what they will offer you. HBL and American Service Center are both overloaded with AMG's so they are going to low ball you. Another alternative is eBay but there's a lot competition there as well. I'm afraid the accident is also going to hurt you. Have you run a Carfax to see if it shows up? I personally think we're near the bottom of this economic slide and the sudden drop in AMG as well as other high performance cars will soon begin to flatten out. You may want to wait for a couple of weeks to sell your car to see if prices begin to stabilize.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
It's definitely not a good time to sell right now given the current state of the economy. Unfortunately, in your case, things are worse because of your accident, and also because of the soon-to-be-released W212. It'll be hard to predict an accurate price, as every dealer will likely offer you a different figure based on the market of their surrounding area and how well they think they can sell the car.

In the auction, 2007 E63s are selling between $54k to $58k, but it's hard to tell in what condition these cars are in . In your case, the price will be even lower because of the accident. I say take it to at least 3 different dealers and have them make you an offer. Then add $5k to $8k and sell it privately: local newspaper + autotrader.com + cars.com + camera ads + craig's list + mbworld.org + different car forums.

Good luck on the sale, your car is very beautiful......
Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Keep your car. You only have a problem if you try to sell it...
Old 11-26-2008, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by 4ociousE55
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Take your car to Camax in Dulles to see what they will offer you. HBL and American Service Center are both overloaded with AMG's so they are going to low ball you. Another alternative is eBay but there's a lot competition there as well. I'm afraid the accident is also going to hurt you. Have you run a Carfax to see if it shows up? I personally think we're near the bottom of this economic slide and the sudden drop in AMG as well as other high performance cars will soon begin to flatten out. You may want to wait for a couple of weeks to sell your car to see if prices begin to stabilize.
Carmax won't purchase cars for retail if it has an accident history. They'll still buy it, for sale at auction, but you can imagine what the offer will be.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
I would leave the car as-is without removing anything and post at cars.com, autotrader, and ebaymotors al at the same time. I can't speak to the value but you will have to give the car away given what has happened to it and the state of the market.

If you can pull a carfax and see the accident, you are screwed as anyone short of a complete moron will pull one. If you do not disclose the accident given what happened, you are the moron and inviting a lawsuit if it is discovered down the road by the buyer. Given the nature of the repair, I am guessing that most of us that are experienced will be able to pick it out no matter how good the repair.

The best bet with this car given the history would be to trade or sell it to a dealer or carmax. That is what I did with the last car I had that took a hard hit. It was repaired perfectly and drove perfectly but it was forever tainted so I took a 10K loss and made my problem the dealers problem.

Sorry to pain t a less than rosy picture but I think you will find the above to be accurate.

Good luck with your sale and sorry you have to sell!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 p30 e63
i just sold mine aswell , guys picking her up on fri morn , not because i have $$ issues or anything but just cause i miss my m5 and am looking to get back into another one , anyway im getting 58k !! losing about 20k in 3 mo's and 11 days !! oh yeah its a 2007 w 13k miles immmaculate con'd dealer was trying to give me loooow 50's !! actually met the buyer at the bmw dealership who overheard the **** raping the dealer was trying to give me !!

defenetly not the right time to be selling , its purely a buyers market !!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by li-m5
i just sold mine aswell , guys picking her up on fri morn , not because i have $$ issues or anything but just cause i miss my m5 and am looking to get back into another one , anyway im getting 58k !! losing about 20k in 3 mo's and 11 days !! oh yeah its a 2007 w 13k miles immmaculate con'd dealer was trying to give me loooow 50's !! actually met the buyer at the bmw dealership who overheard the **** raping the dealer was trying to give me !!

defenetly not the right time to be selling , its purely a buyers market !!
+1, its brutal for AMGs and M cars out there as well!!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
there is a brand new 030 with everything, white, at Fletcher in Fremont, CA.

$86K

I still need to find out how many miles.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
O.K, 1st of all carmax is a dealer and 2nd car sales are only down if you (Dealers) buy into the BS. I had the biggest month in sales I've ever had in October. I just also had my biggest gross sale day last Friday, 07 ML350, 05 ML500 and 03 745I. That being said, Yes, You should sell it now. The end of the year is near and once the year ends your car will again take a big hit. Most highline car buyers will use the carfax as a guide in purchasing a vehicle, so , yes you will need to "SELL" your car not just put it up for sale, if you know what I mean. There is always a buyer for every car, you just have to find them. Good luck man. What do you want for it