Sponsored by:

2009 CTS-V tune only mod 470RWHP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Very quick car.. Thanks for sharing the video!

-Aaron
Old 12-22-2008, 08:56 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by HYEPWR
Any way you slice it---You'll have a VERY fast car that traps 128-132mph for $1500 invested. Put on some coilovers and HRE's ...and you'll have a VERY fast, reliable car.

man...I just talked myself into one....
Mods will be cheap, but not rediculously priced. The Kooks headers alone for my '05 CTS-V costs $1400. Most exhausts ran about $1100 (Corsa). My supercharger ran $6500. These are all prices before installation.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by prodigymb
have you guys seen the top gear episode with the new CTS-V, ZR1 and the SRT8 Challeneger? It was great, they did the salt flats, nice zr1 drift. Good episode
I wanted to see how well the Stig could manage the thing around their test track. The '04 CTS-V they had was tested in the rain.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:29 AM

08 Zo6/ 09CTS-v/ 06 GTO/05 Busa
bring back from the dead ...as my first act...

Get used to it boys the CTS....doesn't need more hp to keep up....without the limiter... I've outrun M5's (09) and plenty of Amgs...
In some ways due in part to its gearing....it pulls harder at 510 rwhp the the 560 rwhp vette..it called torque....you can't beat it with a stick.

Just putting you on notice..there is a new sherrif in town.

"Be afraid" n20 next..."be very afraid" with drag radials full time..

i worked as an enginee for gm for along while...20 years....this car is magnificent.... thermal efficiency...will be handled by a methanol kit to reduce EGT along with the cooling effect of N20....the 100 shot will feel like a 175.... also a 160 stat and cooling fans lways on do the trick as well

the pushrod motor.......now huffed .....how do you guys lie that......it isn't in anyway like a sbc of the past....the LSx is an advanced motor ....internal are only slightly less hardy than the Zr1...
but relly who needs a 650 whp Cts-v..its a sleeper.... debadged i flog the euro elite

oh i'v e lowered the car as well 1 inch handling improvemets are amplified.

Last edited by NapperV; 05-28-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by NapperV

Get used to it boys the CTS....doesn't need more hp to keep up....without the limiter... I've outrun M5's (09) and plenty of Amgs...
In some ways due in part to its gearing....it pulls harder at 510 rwhp the the 560 rwhp vette..it called torque....you can't beat it with a stick.

i worked as an enginee for gm for along while...20 years....this car is magnificent.... thermal efficiency...will be handled by a methanol kit to reduce EGT along with the cooling effect of N20....the 100 shot will feel like a 175.... also a 160 stat and cooling fans lways on do the trick as well

the pushrod motor.......now huffed .....how do you guys lie that......it isn't in anyway like a sbc of the past....the LSx is an advanced motor ....internal are only slightly less hardy than the Zr1...
but relly who needs a 650 whp Cts-v..its a sleeper.... debadged i flog the euro elite

Post pics Mr. Sheriff I really want to see some good shots of this car but am too lazy to venture into the forums where the pics lay.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
there is a new sherrif in town.
i worked as an enginee for gm for along while
but relly who needs a 650 whp Cts-v
If all GM engineers write and spell as poorly as you exhibit here, it's no wonder GM is bankrupt . . . .

Last edited by komp55; 05-28-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
b

How do you know how excellent it is unless you've also worked for AMG/M for 20 years too...

Talking about tq, how dya feel about the 65s 737lbs?

-Rob
Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by komp55
If all GM engineers write and spell as poorly as you exhibit here, it's no wonder GM is bankrupt . . . .
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM

CLS55 AMG 030
No offense to anyone that likes them but, the Transformer looks aside ... I'm not buying anything from GovernmentMotors any time soon.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

it will be a no brainer the new cts should put down some numbers...it's only 9 years late to the game and had plenty of time to copy success. regardless, come back with some time slips instead of a big mouth so we can see what this car is capable of.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
http://www.dragtimes.com/Cadillac-CT...lip-17541.html

Here is the fastest 2009 CTS-V on drag times it has a 2lb pulley, custom tune and full exhaust... it is pretty fast....but certainly nothing to be "afraid of" if you have a similarly modded E55K or a V12TT....

Tom
Old 05-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by TMC M5

Here is the fastest 2009 CTS-V on drag times it has a 2lb pulley, custom tune and full exhaust... it is pretty fast....but certainly nothing to be "afraid of" if you have a similarly modded E55K or a V12TT....

Tom
So should the new Sheriff be demoted to Deputy?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

Tom
i've seen those times...the way this guy talked, i just thought that he might have something special that i wouldn't put bus lengths on.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Vic55
Apparently there wasn't a spelling section in the new Sheriff's civil service test. With engineers like that I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped cars without spark plugs.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Vic55
I was thinking more like "Hall Monitor"...

Tom
Old 05-28-2009, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
http://jalopnik.com/5236223/hennesse...-four+door-zr1

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

I found this info above on the Hennessey CTS-V packages. I would like to see that 10.9 1/4 mile time verified . There was no video on the website of that supposed run...although the video running down the 1/4 mile track the opposite way was proof enough for me...

These cars can put down tremendous power...but if the older CTS-V is any indication...it will blow up the rear end before running in the 10's.

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 05-28-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Because Hennessey has ALWAYS been a 100% above board company.

They're the WORST.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 PM

i am a poor typer. arthritis.

700+ tq is awesome... and its nuriburing time?

cost effectiveness and balance is what we are striving for.

i got mine..as a former employee for 55k.....tell me what car comes close to sub 8 minutes Nurinburing is a 4 door and has easy mods as the LsX series has been in service since 97

tell me why the blackseries amg all carbon fiber and pumped up poweer still can't take out a stock Zr1.

i was just joking with the sheriff comment. But caddilac has stepped into the elite expensive euro territory.

For a division i loathed for a decade and 1/2 ...this is a fantastic car.
my shop is considering a turbo swap for this motor....then you shall see that we have made a wold class design.

I don't knock the M's Amgs You fella's have awesome cars.

With proper augmentation my GTO handles unbelievably...and the Zo6 well
you all know.

my cars total cost( all of them) are likely less than one super amg

and they perform very well. interiors on the caddy an the GTO are above par the vette....well your not paying much attention to that when stock it can achieve 100 in 7 seconds

Sorry....i love your cars. but i buy American only. and if you did too
the big 3 wouldn't be in the pickle they are in.

i'll get pics in the next couple of days as it is at my shop...and i'm not jumping for anyone.

some of you have some awesome cars....but nothing i can't engineer an American car to beat.....sorry i know how to balance mods, and make synergistic mods.

lastly ther comes a point were too much hp is useless and dangerous.
500-600 hp i beleive is the limit. depending on weight of car. unless you rely on electronic nannies. i drive all my cars with abs only...no traction or safty nets.

Sorry i got off on the wrong foot....but the CTS-v with a couple simple mods ...is the new sherrif..

unless you spend oogles of money on the euro elite....and then you still need to mod.

i'm glad spelling is my bain....3d thought processing and memory
is what makes an engineer excell.

This thread is about how the CTS-v is so-so...when the mere fact that you interest in it shows you are worried.

why not drive one.....and then you'll understand. The ring record was done with a automatic CTS-v. The ring measures the balance of a cars performance every aspect. Certainly a euro sedan should do better but it does not. what does that tell you?

Last edited by NapperV; 05-28-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Because Hennessey has ALWAYS been a 100% above board company.

They're the WORST.
I wonder if they will be selling CTS-V customer parts off the cars they are working on in the shop....like they did on the Vipers...

Tom
Old 05-28-2009, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This thread is about how the CTS-v is so-so...when the mere fact that you interest in it shows you are worried.

why not drive one.....and then you'll understand. The ring record was done with a automatic CTS-v. The ring measures the balance of a cars performance every aspect. Certainly a euro sedan should do better but it does not. what does that tell you?
I disagree that this thread is about how the CTS-V is so so. Re-read the OP's post:

I have to admit.. I wish we could just tune our 55 cars and get 40 to 50 RWHP.. (without a pulley)

The tune is under $400... Wow! Just imagine with a pulley swap...

I feel for GM. This car is truly great but with current market conditions, not many takers on a high performance super sedans, specially a brand new one.

The used market should be great in about 12 months from now...

I better start saving for headers..
That's more praise than anything. As an engineer, you have to admit some of the detractors here have a valid point, specific output of this (the LSX) engine is relatively poor, requiring over 6 liters AND a power adder to get to its stock levels. You could say it's overbuilt and there's a lot of potential there, and you'd be right, but there's just as much potential in Merc's 5.5 liter which is significantly smaller.

My car (E60 M5) makes 100bhp/liter and is NA. Now THAT is engineering, but I'm not going to try and take away from the brilliant chassis setup that GM has come up with.

Most of the complaints here are that the CTS-V isn't FASTER than it is. That's not exactly a hate-fest, because with that motor, it should be.

As far as cost goes, you really do get what you pay for (in most cases). You can argue till you're blue in the face that the GTO's interior is nice, but by European standards it's not worthy of a taxi cab. The new CTS interior is nice, but you get better quality materials in an entry-level Audi.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 05-28-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
i am a poor typer. arthritis.

700+ tq is awesome... and its nuriburing time?

cost effectiveness and balance is what we are striving for.

i got mine..as a former employee for 55k.....tell me what car comes close to sub 8 minutes Nurinburing is a 4 door and has easy mods as the LsX series has been in service since 97

tell me why the blackseries amg all carbon fiber and pumped up poweer still can't take out a stock Zr1.

i was just joking with the sheriff comment. But caddilac has stepped into the elite expensive euro territory.

For a division i loathed for a decade and 1/2 ...this is a fantastic car.
my shop is considering a turbo swap for this motor....then you shall see that we have made a wold class design.

I don't knock the M's Amgs You fella's have awesom cars....but with proper augmentation...my goat handles unbeleivably...and the Zo6 well
you all know.

my cars total cost( all of them) are likely less than one super amg

and they perform very well. interiors on the caddy an the GTO are above par the vette....well your not paying much attention to that when stock it can achieve 100 is 7 seconds

Sorry....i love your cars. but i buy American only. and if you did too
the big 3 wouldn't be in the pickle they are in.

i'll get pics in the next couple of days as it is at my shop...and i'm not jumping for anyone.

some of you have some awesome cars....but nothing i can't engineer an American car to beat.....sorry i know how to balance mods, and make synergistic mods.

lastly ther comes a point were too much hp is useless and dangerous.
500-600 hp i beleive is the limit. depending on weight of car. unless you rely on electronic nannies. i drive all my cars with abs only...no traction or safty nets.

Sorry i got off on the wrong foot....but the CTS-v with a couple simple mods ...is the new sherrif..

unless you spend oogles of money on the euro elite....and then you still need to mod.

i'm glad spelling is my bain....3d thought processing and memory
is what makes an engineer exell.

Where to begin...first off I personally think the CTS-V is a great car...I really like it alot and I am impressed that Cadillac built it. Now that the obligatory pleasantries have been addressed... you are somewhat selective in your idea of performance. All the mods that you addressed in your first post all speak to the straight-line performance of your car. When faced with the prospect that E55K's and V12TT MB's can show you their tail lights...you move on to the CTS-V's handling performance at the 'Ring (are you sure you don't have an M5 sitting in the garage? ).

Call me crazy...but I am not a huge proponent of throwing 4,200+lbs vehicles into the twisties on public roads. Nor would I find it worthwhile to do the same on the track.....when a Miata would be more inspiring. But I am sure others will disagree.

Also...I didn't know that Suzuki's were American made... Out of the 10 cars that I have owned 6 were made in America. I think you are preaching to the wrong people on here. There were really no American cars to compete in the ultra high performance luxury market until 2009. Blaming us for Chrysler's and GM's failures is completely misguided. You need to blame the people at those companies for tarnishing the image of American "quality"...and the people who only buy foreign cars. But should we as consumers just buy American cars even when they were inferior??? Under that theory you would be riding a Harley V-Rod instead...

Good luck with your ride and I hope you post some pics. Competition always helps improve the breed.

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 05-28-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:18 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5

Actually, I think the mere fact that you went to the trouble to acquire a user name and password on the MBWorld/AMG Forums is more telling with regard to our relative degrees of "worry." I don't belong to - nor do I visit - the forums for V-Series Caddys, GTOs or Vettes.

That being said, I always give credit where credit is due, the 3 aforesaid GM cars are, at least in my opinion, very cool cars. I always turn my head when a tastefully modded example rolls by. I played "tag" with what appeared to have been a modded GTO just the other day and I was thoroughly impressed with how quiclky it accelerated and how good it sounded. I actually shopped for a CTS-V earlier this year and was ready to make the trade, but decided I just couldn't justify the "market adjustment" that my dealership was proudly demanding for their CTS-V in January. It sold for $77k and now is right back on their "pre-owned" lot with 6k (enthusiastic?) miles on the ticker for $51K. I'll bet I could buy it for $46-$48 today, as GM car lots look like ghost towns.

I love the way my K2 E55 looks and drives. I love the way the doors sound and 'feel' when shut. I love the fact that even over the most poorly maintained patch of road, there isn't a single rattle or squeak anywhere in the interior. I love the fact that I get to drive off in a complimentary C350 any time my car is in for service. (Sure, sure, the cost of the loaner is 'built in' to the cost of the service, but I like stepping out of my car and into the loaner in one smooth, easy motion). Finally, call me shallow, but I do like the 'elan' that comes with the 3-pointed star. I dreamed about AMG's and the early one-off RennTech monsters of the mid-90s and now I get to enjoy one every day. For me, its a sense of accomplishment.

P.S. Our family veterinarian drives an XLR-V and it is one of the coolest/meanest looking coupes I have ever seen. He let me drive it down the street and back when he got it and it was VERY tempting!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wonder if they will be selling CTS-V customer parts off the cars they are working on in the shop....like they did on the Vipers...

Tom
Tom,
That is exactly what I was talking about, do you have cameras in my office?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:43 PM

Back to the Ring...i watched the video.....it didn't even look like it was being pushed hard.....the ride seemed complient and no events of over or underteer ,(to make mention of)

its not the best 4 dor sedan...but its the record holder..and i feel commfortable, and i shock the hell out of the hot roddeers and rice boys....not to menion a few Amgs and M's ,, some Jaguars the XF s/c and a porche or 2...

It is terrible that GM finally making a few awesome cars...is in the crapper.

for you euro eleite...i'd wait abit pick up a used or Demo. it will change your perspectve on American cars ,,sadly too late.

As far as handling....on paper it doesnot insprire greatness.....hence my spring change an 1 inch lowering...Now its improvment is worth mentioning.

And to readdress....i wanted a 200mph out of the box Bike.....the Busa or the Zx14 can do that.

and if i need to throw something around a track....the Zo6 does just fine.

Your comment on the GTO interior....is incorrect. So long as one didn't get a clown interior....the leather and materials are far from a cab in europe...or entry level audi did you say.

also remeber its coming form a diferent school of thought . Its a Hot rod.....more fun to drive than the Zo6 or CTS.....still the interior..is nice....and so is the CTS-v

i woul hope before you knock it you'd at least sit in one....you liked the XLR ...and its price is up there.

yes i've been looking at forums were the Cts-v is disscussed...is that a crime.

did i come in looking for a fight....i know what it can do and what it is. peace to all of you. you all drive magnificent cars... I happent to drive some pretty fast performance minded ones

and i defer all real feat of speed to my japanese Busa....it still give that adrenaline rush no under 500k can deliver for 8 grand

Last edited by NapperV; 05-28-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Tom,
That is exactly what I was talking about, do you have cameras in my office?
Yeah...and sometimes I have to look away... THE HORROR!!!

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2009 CTS-V tune only mod 470RWHP