Sponsored by:

E55 Smog Issue Monitors " Not Ready"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLS550 & 05 E55
E55 Smog Issue Monitors " Not Ready"

So I just bought a E55 and finally recieved it and I am in California and now need to smog it so I can register it. This car has a ECU tune from Kleeman the car was plug into the OBD II port and there are monitors for 5 diffrent parts of the car only one monitor registers as ready and the other 4 have not and the car can not be smoged untill the other monitors have requestered. So my question is I have driven the car for about 250 miles and the monitors are not registering so can it be something from the ECU tune or is there something else that maybe going on? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
What hardware mods do you have? Are the primary cats and 2 sensors right aft them still in place?

If so, call Kleeman and ask about the ECU tune, but I bet you have headers and no sensors which simply means it will not pass smog in California in that configuration.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Did you have to jump the car at all? Do you have an after market stereo? Look under the car for your primary cats, it will pass teh OBS!! test without the secondary cats. Did you put 250 mile on the freeway? if so you need to drive at different RPM and speeds. I have driven some cars over three hundred miles befoe the monitors ready themselfs. There is also a pattern to drive to ready them in minutes bet the shops don't like to do it because it wears out the dyno..
Old 12-25-2008, 10:00 PM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
What hardware mods do you have? Are the primary cats and 2 sensors right aft them still in place?

If so, call Kleeman and ask about the ECU tune, but I bet you have headers and no sensors which simply means it will not pass smog in California in that configuration.
From what I got from E55 killer was the car has a Kleeman ECU tune and EvoSport Headers and the o2 sensors and cats are still there.

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Did you have to jump the car at all? Do you have an after market stereo? Look under the car for your primary cats, it will pass teh OBS!! test without the secondary cats. Did you put 250 mile on the freeway? if so you need to drive at different RPM and speeds. I have driven some cars over three hundred miles befoe the monitors ready themselfs. There is also a pattern to drive to ready them in minutes bet the shops don't like to do it because it wears out the dyno..

Yea the battery did die on the previous owner because of the lack of driving the car. So that is knowen and I have put some miles on the car I have a call into a tech friend right now to get the drive sequence so that hopefully I can get these monitors ready.

Jangy and rar thanyou for your help and input I really apprecaite it.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
It sound like you should be fine with the hardware, BUT I would check with Kleeman to see if their tune turns the O2 sensors off and if so, could that cause the sensor not ready sign?

Good luck....
Old 12-25-2008, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jangy
It sound like you should be fine with the hardware, BUT I would check with Kleeman to see if their tune turns the O2 sensors off and if so, could that cause the sensor not ready sign?

Good luck....
Long tubes Jang Willowsprings Jan 15th
Old 12-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Long tubes Jang Willowsprings Jan 15th

Then we need to get you in. I'll be back Wed and SWEAR I need to get things moving.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:14 PM
DKM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 RS6, 2021 Ducati Panigale SP, 2022 Ford F450
If you need the drive cycle send me a PM with a fax number and I'll send it out. Some drive cycles can take up to 450miles. I have a few smog stations in NV and I see this a lot.