W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When racing ,do you get an adrenaline rush!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Talking When racing ,do you get an adrenaline rush!?

I ran into a brand new BMW M3 on the Verrazanno bridge earlier tonight, we were both switching lanes trying to get next to each other, once lined up at about 60mph we punched it, both cars were side by side for a few secs, after about 90-100 mph i pulled on him pretty good. Once I got to the EZpass toll booths I felt as if I had rough sex for an hour, what a rush!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
for me it depends on the mood and the setting, but nothing can replace the speed rush
Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Unfortunately, the last time I got a rush while racing, I was on a road course in an SLR, and was passing an SL65 at 140mph. That was 2 years ago.

Nick
Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
i usually get a rush, but only when its a competitive car and this rarely happens.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by nick 55
Unfortunately, the last time I got a rush while racing, I was on a road course in an SLR, and was passing an SL65 at 140mph. That was 2 years ago.

Nick

Wow, that's insane. I'd love to ride in an SLR. With the way the markets going you can prb pick up a used one for 175k
Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Seriously, I get soo amped sometimes I feel that crazzee rush/shakey feeling like before you get into a scrap/brawl on streets, esp if I pull off a stupid move & escape running into the back of an 18 wheeler

Nothing like cheating death But then later I think what an absolute ***/IDIOT I just was It's a horrible addiction I have..
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///AMG
Nice kill
Old 12-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
It depends on the situation for me. I get pretty ampped up if I think it is going to be a close one and then the relief is soooooo awesome!!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Thericker
Seriously, I get soo amped sometimes I feel that crazzee rush/shakey feeling like before you get into a scrap/brawl on streets, esp if I pull off a stupid move & escape running into the back of an 18 wheeler

Nothing like cheating death But then later I think what an absolute ***/IDIOT I just was It's a horrible addiction I have..

lol.. Dude that's what I'm talking about!
It's crazy sometimes, heart is beating hard and fast and you do things you have sworn you would never do or want your kids doing.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jangy
It depends on the situation for me. I get pretty ampped up if I think it is going to be a close one and then the relief is soooooo awesome!!

There is no substitute for that "relief" of winning a race that you anticipated would be close from the start. Good stuff
Old 12-30-2008, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
oh yeah! I get a rush just driving. I'm crazy!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
lol.. Dude that's what I'm talking about!
It's crazy sometimes, heart is beating hard and fast and you do things you have sworn you would never do or want your kids doing.
Sometimes I think I have it under control w/NO real races for a month or so then this lil' pops up on my shoulder, like Jeckyl & Hyde

Seriously hate myself sometimes..But then I later rationalize it to myself thinking it was less dangerous than it really was
Old 12-31-2008, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
A couple of weeks ago when I ran my car at the dragstrip for the 1st time I was totally amped and nervous, the 3 energy drinks and a triple shot Carmel Macchiato didn't help... Both anxiety and anticipation was killing me. I've been in several street races but lining it up on the drag-strp for the 1st time was a total adrenaline rush for me.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:57 AM

2004 E55 AMG
I have a nitro burning streetable Suzuki Hayabusa. The rush you get at 200+ mph is like no other. Adrenaline is at full bore. Senses maxed out and overloaded. The world is all at once in perfect focus and narrowed to a fine point. I have to get off the bike quickly at the end of high speed runs to recover from the adrenaline shakes, which can be a bit tortuous. It is a unique feeling, not like sex, but of cheating death.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:49 AM

2005 vw touareg, sl500 r129 SOLD, 2002 sl500 kleemann
i get it as soon as i know that i will race, at a traffic light!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
when you win. knowing that the time in effort you put into your car has paid off is a feeling that is something to be felt. At the strip its all about getting the time slip that says you just beat your fastest time. A good rush for me was getting into the 12's for the first time. The way I see it is you know your car is capable of running fast but are you capable to run it at its fastest. When you accomplish that...thats a rush.

an example of this is. Last weekend Cruzinquick (fellow member here) and I headed out to the track. we met up with a guy with an E55 (W211). The driver was struggling to get the car to run a 12.50. Cruzinquick (Evan) jumped in and took it for a pass or two and nailed an 11.80. Evan gave them some pointers and the owner was running much faster. The point of this is when you can reach your cars potential that is a great rush.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Don't worry Hooleyboy were going to figure out how to get you a 15' mean ol' burnout. The E55 was running the same Nitto's so now we know they are good for 11 sec passes. It's the burnout, groove, and launch we are going to work on for you. I think 12.8's with the right weather is within reach.

Adrenaline rush??? After the rush is over from the first few times drag racing, you have to start dealing with the anxiety of redlighting. So far besides winning a points race against some great competition, my highest excitement came from bracket racing a 9 sec camaro. I knew I had the head start but had to get him at the tree to have a chance. I must have been almost at the end of the finish line when all I can hear is the roar of this camaro chasing me down. Just at the finish line we both pass and my win light comes on. I was doing fist pumps, hitting my helmet, and screaming after that run.

After that street kills seem pretty meaningless to me.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Once I got to the EZpass toll booths I felt as if I had rough sex for an hour, what a rush!
If you want to feel like you had rough sex for a day (instead of an hour) and get a rush out of racing...investigate your local SCCA chapter and take it to the track. A class like spec miata will make your M3 run-in seem very boring.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
If you want to feel like you had rough sex for a day (instead of an hour) and get a rush out of racing...investigate your local SCCA chapter and take it to the track. A class like spec miata will make your M3 run-in seem very boring.
well said
Old 01-01-2009, 11:09 PM

Blacksport, I want to drive one of those Formula Mazdas, like in your signature sometime. At Autobahn Country Club, there is a guy who will let you drive his 2005 F1 car(Renault, I think) for $3500 an hour on the track. Maybe one day, I will take him up on that, however, I doubt that track is big enough to even make the car worth while. Like I could handle it anyways.....

Nick
Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
I ran into a brand new BMW M3 on the Verrazanno bridge earlier tonight, we were both switching lanes trying to get next to each other, once lined up at about 60mph we punched it, both cars were side by side for a few secs, after about 90-100 mph i pulled on him pretty good. Once I got to the EZpass toll booths I felt as if I had rough sex for an hour, what a rush!

what color is your car.

edit: i was on hylan blvd tonight and saw a e55 going toward the vz bridge and on the other side saw a cl63 and i was stuck in the middle trying to think which way to go. i went left followed the cl and then he turned. i been looking to race some one so bad since i got my car and cant find no one here.

Last edited by mthis; 01-02-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:04 AM

E55 AMG Kompressor
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
when you win. knowing that the time in effort you put into your car has paid off is a feeling that is something to be felt. At the strip its all about getting the time slip that says you just beat your fastest time. A good rush for me was getting into the 12's for the first time. The way I see it is you know your car is capable of running fast but are you capable to run it at its fastest. When you accomplish that...thats a rush.

an example of this is. Last weekend Cruzinquick (fellow member here) and I headed out to the track. we met up with a guy with an E55 (W211). The driver was struggling to get the car to run a 12.50. Cruzinquick (Evan) jumped in and took it for a pass or two and nailed an 11.80. Evan gave them some pointers and the owner was running much faster. The point of this is when you can reach your cars potential that is a great rush.
What was doneto the car that ran 11.80
Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blacksport, I want to drive one of those Formula Mazdas, like in your signature sometime. At Autobahn Country Club, there is a guy who will let you drive his 2005 F1 car(Renault, I think) for $3500 an hour on the track. Maybe one day, I will take him up on that, however, I doubt that track is big enough to even make the car worth while. Like I could handle it anyways.....

Nick
Wow, that is not such a bad deal if you get 1 hour of track time, tires, and support for $3,500. Our modest cars can eat up about $1,200 in an hour.

I would almost be tempted to do that but make sure you get some seat time on in something else to learn the track first and a lesser open wheel car or two just to get the hang of it or you will get out there and not even be able to get the tires up to temp.

There is a great Top Gear episode where Hammond drives a V10 Renault F1 car. They start him in a Formula Renault which is a 2.0L car and e manages to figure it out reasonably well but spins and is humbled quickly. Moves on to a V6 powered F3 car and is mind boggled (I've never driven anything like that but can imagine) and the moves to the F1 car and thinks he is going to die but can't even make it out of the pits on the first several tries. Awesome clip to watch if you can find it.

Jim Russel has a pretty sweet setup for their schools. They have a Lola F3 car with a 300HP Mitsu Evo motor. I would love to have one of these but there is nowhere to run it outside of their series. Awesome car though with it's looks and power. Remember that at just over 1000lbs, 200-300HP in a Formula car is massive and the 500-1000HP out of the V6, V8, and V10 cars is simply insane!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:36 AM

I know that deal isn't really that bad, but I have driven an SLR(among many AMGs) and a GT3 cup car there, and I really don't feel the track is capable of utilizing the F1 car versus a better "short course" car. I doubt the I could even heat up the tires or brakes enough to keep me firmly planted on pavement, instead of the grass, and there are many run off areas that I definately wouldn't feel comfortable touching with a car like that. Actually, I think that the Top Gear episode when Hammond drove the F1 car was what made me realize how extreme those cars are in performance. I am pretty decent behind the wheel, but when he couldn't even get his comfort level high enough to drive the car safely, it made me think about how **** poor of a driver I probably am.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know that deal isn't really that bad, but I have driven an SLR(among many AMGs) and a GT3 cup car there, and I really don't feel the track is capable of utilizing the F1 car versus a better "short course" car. I doubt the I could even heat up the tires or brakes enough to keep me firmly planted on pavement, instead of the grass, and there are many run off areas that I definately wouldn't feel comfortable touching with a car like that. Actually, I think that the Top Gear episode when Hammond drove the F1 car was what made me realize how extreme those cars are in performance. I am pretty decent behind the wheel, but when he couldn't even get his comfort level high enough to drive the car safely, it made me think about how **** poor of a driver I probably am.

Nick
Take the car to a bigger track!

You want a nice big track with plenty of runoff room, minimal walls, and as little curbing as possible so you don't eat a diffuser or front wing plane on your way off the track WHEN (not if) you loop it. Although if it has traction control enabled, you may not have as much trouble. They way also be able to do a lead follow with a second car which would get you up to speed quickly and keep things safe. I would leap at a chance to do that and drive the car on a track as small as 2.5 miles with a 1/4 mile straight. Can you say..."once in a lifetime opportunity"?!