Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good day at Sacramento Raceway!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Very nice times and yet another guy that's posting great 60's with Toyo T1R's. There are several Crossfire owners that run those tires on the street and at the track and are pulling 1.7-1.8 60's which is AWESOME for a street tire. I run Hoosier 315/35 17 DRs on my Crossfire and have made a best pass of 1.81 so far out here at LVMS. I hope to change that to some 1.6x's later this month though.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:53 PM

335i
Originally Posted by moparrbust
Very nice times and yet another guy that's posting great 60's with Toyo T1R's. There are several Crossfire owners that run those tires on the street and at the track and are pulling 1.7-1.8 60's which is AWESOME for a street tire. I run Hoosier 315/35 17 DRs on my Crossfire and have made a best pass of 1.81 so far out here at LVMS. I hope to change that to some 1.6x's later this month though.
Are those the Hoosiers with just the 2 lines in them? Basically slicks?
I can't believe I had a 1.775 60' at Sac and screwed up on that one run!
Its really a crap shoot with no Limited Slip. You need ideal conditions.

I wonder if there is a way to tell when I am doing my warm up burn out, which tire is spinning. And then possibly letting some air out of that tire for the next run to equalize the grip? I do have a laser temp gun, wonder if that could be useful?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
The black coupe you saw had exhaust, intercooler, intake, upgrades etc. So he should have done pretty good. I on the other hand have the fastest "tune only" 335i. I think the BMW you saw yesterday had a big subwoofer, so they took that out. I don't think he was taking out any factory equipment as far as what I had heard.
Yes, this car did have a big subwoofer. I don't know who has the fastest 335 out there but I was only repeating what they. They did remove the passenger seat, rear seat, subwoofer bos, and a few other small items. Also, it was the actual tuner who made the fastest pass, the kid who owned it never got below 12's.

I really like Sacramento. It is not crowded, and the people are nice.
I also like Sacramento. Both times I went there everybody was great. I'm hoping that more people will start coming.

Is it true that the weather report was wrong for the track? They said there was a 12-17mph tail wind during the afternoon. But people keep saying that is was pretty calm. In your opinion, was that the case?
I felt a slight tailwind earlier in the afternoon but it soon turned to a crosswind. I really didn't take notice though.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
AWESOME!!! Nice to see some Vadim tuned cars showing the numbers and so glad you are enjoying your experience with the AMG!

I drop my tire pressures to about 20ish and you definitely left 3/10th on the table with not having Drag radials.

Get the EVO rotors. You will feel them. Also, I have a set of HRE comp22s that are sitting if you wanna throw some drags on them and use them at Famosa. let me know and we will arrange it. I'm getting them refinished soon, so no worries with some fun...
Old 01-04-2009, 09:53 PM

335i
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yes, this car did have a big subwoofer. I don't know who has the fastest 335 out there but I was only repeating what they. They did remove the passenger seat, rear seat, subwoofer bos, and a few other small items. Also, it was the actual tuner who made the fastest pass, the kid who owned it never got below 12's.

I also like Sacramento. Both times I went there everybody was great. I'm hoping that more people will start coming.

I felt a slight tailwind earlier in the afternoon but it soon turned to a crosswind. I really didn't take notice though.

I don't think he would have removed the passenger seat, it would trigger SRS warning lights etc. And the rear seat also? Maybe they just removed it to get the subwoofer out? Or did they actually run with the seats out??

He beat my tune only mph by less than 6/100ths of a mile per hour. I did no lightening tricks....perhaps that would have been the difference of .06mph?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I don't think he would have removed the passenger seat, it would trigger SRS warning lights etc. And the rear seat also? Maybe they just removed it to get the subwoofer out? Or did they actually run with the seats out??

He beat my tune only mph by less than 6/100ths of a mile per hour. I did no lightening tricks....perhaps that would have been the difference of .06mph?
Here you go.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:18 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Are those the Hoosiers with just the 2 lines in them? Basically slicks?
I can't believe I had a 1.775 60' at Sac and screwed up on that one run!
Its really a crap shoot with no Limited Slip. You need ideal conditions.

I wonder if there is a way to tell when I am doing my warm up burn out, which tire is spinning. And then possibly letting some air out of that tire for the next run to equalize the grip? I do have a laser temp gun, wonder if that could be useful?
I installed the Phantom Grip LSD in my Crossfire........but the track/conditions out at LVMS are far from ideal.

Last edited by moparrbust; 01-04-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM

335i
Thanks, I think its safe to say he gained at least 6/100ths of a mile per hour from the 300ft better DA when I ran, and the gutting of the interior. I guess I should be happy of my "tune only" mph!

Here you go.

You don't actually drive on the street with those Hoosiers do you? And honestly, do you think they are better than the ET Street Radials? They should be, being that they are off highway use only. That SRT8 300C guy swears by the MT ET Street radials in getting his 1.6's. If they grip as good as slicks, why not get a tire you can use on the highway. But by looking at the tread pattern, you would think the Hoosiers look like more serious drag competition tires. What do you think?

Originally Posted by moparrbust
I installed the Phantom Grip LSD in my Crossfire........but the track/conditions out at LVMS are far from ideal.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6

You don't actually drive on the street with those Hoosiers do you? And honestly, do you think they are better than the ET Street Radials? They should be, being that they are off highway use only. That SRT8 300C guy swears by the MT ET Street radials in getting his 1.6's. If they grip as good as slicks, why not get a tire you can use on the highway. But by looking at the tread pattern, you would think the Hoosiers look like more serious drag competition tires. What do you think?

I bolt them on at home and drive 20 miles to LVMS, air them down and race, fill them back up and drive 20 miles back to my house. The Hoosiers are VERY sticky tires and my buddy was running them(different size) on his 745rwhp C6 vette and was getting 1.5 60's. He now runs the new M/T's since they finally came out in a size he can use and he loves them. Once I burn these up I'm gonna go down to a 16'' rim and run a true wrinkle wall slick(most likely M/T) and trailor the car to the track.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
AWESOME!!! Nice to see some Vadim tuned cars showing the numbers and so glad you are enjoying your experience with the AMG!

I drop my tire pressures to about 20ish and you definitely left 3/10th on the table with not having Drag radials.

Get the EVO rotors. You will feel them. Also, I have a set of HRE comp22s that are sitting if you wanna throw some drags on them and use them at Famosa. let me know and we will arrange it. I'm getting them refinished soon, so no worries with some fun...
Yeah...I'm glad to finally post some good numbers for Vadim. I actually called him on my way home from the track and gave him my good news.

Bluenight was telling me to drop my pressure lower but being a rookie that I am I kept it at 35 PSI. I also would've made more runs but I felt content with what I had at that time. With lowering you tire pressure you gain in the 60' but how much speed to you loose? Is it definitely more beneficial to loose a little on top and gain in the 60' time.? I still have a lot to learn and any input is appreciated.

As for the Evosport rotors, I've been eye balling them for a while now. You never know, I just might have them before Famoso...we'll see.

I appreciate the offer on the loaner tires but I don't know what to do about the DR's. I really don't plan on running DR's but it would be interesting to see what the car could do with some traction. Also, I'm not sure if I would purchase for one time use only...
Old 01-04-2009, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Alright boys, I'm hoping after these results we start getting a few more guys up here. I don't have much track experience (2nd time to the track) but today was definitely a good day for both Blueknight and myself. I made a total of 5 passes today with the last one being my fastest - 60' 1.828, et 11.569 @ 123.724 mph. This is my new personal best and I'm glad to have such great times after only 10 runs in 2 days. This time was done with Toyo T1R's street tires.

Bluenight also had a great day, he destroyed his PB with a ET 11.86?. He was knocking on the 11 second door for most of the day and finally did on his last run He made a few changes and nailed it like a champ. I'm sure he'll chime in with his results. Thanks again Nick for the help, it's really appreciated. BTW...this run was on stock 18" chromed rims with Contis...

It was also nice meeting you GreekE500, it was kind of you to make it down. I was hoping for a few more to show up but I guess everyone really must hate Sacramento. I really don't think it could be that bad if a Noobe like me got in the 11's 4 out of 5 runs today averaging a 123.5 mph. Just imagine what experience dragsters like yourself could do
Very impressive :bow congrats on these great times man....

Sacramento Raceway is definitely a fast track, as it usually has very low temps and very low DA (sometimes it dips into -1500 ft ) and the track is almost at sea level. However, the traction is a hit-or-miss type scenario, which is probably okay for someone who is local or close to the track. But for people who drive 6 to 7 hours to get there, it may not be worth it. If the owner spends some money to re-condition the track to improve traction a little, I bet the turnout would be much greater than it is now. Anyways, I'll try to join you guys in one of the upcoming events
Old 01-04-2009, 11:14 PM

335i
Yeah...I'm glad to finally post some good numbers for Vadim. I actually called him on my way home from the track and gave him my good news.

Bluenight was telling me to drop my pressure lower but being a rookie that I am I kept it at 35 PSI. I also would've made more runs but I felt content with what I had at that time. With lowering you tire pressure you gain in the 60' but how much speed to you loose? Is it definitely more beneficial to loose a little on top and gain in the 60' time.? I still have a lot to learn and any input is appreciated.

As for the Evosport rotors, I've been eye balling them for a while now. You never know, I just might have them before Famoso...we'll see.

I appreciate the offer on the loaner tires but I don't know what to do about the DR's. I really don't plan on running DR's but it would be interesting to see what the car could do with some traction. Also, I'm not sure if I would purchase for one time use only...
My $100 used 275/40/17 Nitto DRs would have been perfect for you!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:31 PM

07 BMW X5
Sorry for the late response, Alan again it was great meeting and thx for talking me into coming out. Last time I ran at Sac. the track prep was horrible as all that were there remember.

But things have changed as I hooked up with stock Cont's that have less then half of the tred life left on them. Also I ran with 20" R10's in the front which are heavy. I made 9 runs most of them were 3 straight back to back runs. Most of the day I ran mid 12's. On my last run thx to Alan suggestion I removed my SB and did a sneaky ecu reset and BOOYA......11.86/121.109mph.

For the mods I have an Evotech pulley, VRP shorty headers, X-Pipe, and K&N filters. Yes no ECU tune!!!!!!!!!

There is room for improvement as my 60ft times sucks. I could not break the 2's all day assuming it's due to the Cont's.

Now with that good feeling again I will frequently visit Sac. and hope to see you guys there.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blueknight
Sorry for the late response, Alan again it was great meeting and thx for talking me into coming out. Last time I ran at Sac. the track prep was horrible as all that were there remember.

But things have changed as I hooked up with stock Cont's that have less then half of the tred life left on them. Also I ran with 20" R10's in the front which are heavy. I made 9 runs most of them were 3 straight back to back runs. Most of the day I ran mid 12's. On my last run thx to Alan suggestion I removed my SB and did a sneaky ecu reset and BOOYA......11.86/121.109mph.

For the mods I have an Evotech pulley, VRP shorty headers, X-Pipe, and K&N filters. Yes no ECU tune!!!!!!!!!

There is room for improvement as my 60ft times sucks. I could not break the 2's all day assuming it's due to the Cont's.

Now with that good feeling again I will frequently visit Sac. and hope to see you guys there.
I'm glad you made it, hopefully we could go more often.

There's no doubt you have a strong car for the mods you have. Once you get the ECU tune I'm sure you'll smoke me. Just imagine what kind of runs you might see with a better set of tires

Let's do it again sometime. DO NOT hesitate to call when you get the urge.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 AM

07 BMW X5
I'm glad you made it, hopefully we could go more often.

There's no doubt you have a strong car for the mods you have. Once you get the ECU tune I'm sure you'll smoke me. Just imagine what kind of runs you might see with a better set of tires

Let's do it again sometime. DO NOT hesitate to call when you get the urge.

BTW I had a huge scare today when switching out my rears. My two front tires were extremely low like between 5-10lbs , so I thought the wheels were bent forsure from that bump in the fast lane yesterday. So far so good, tire pressure is holding, we will see tomorrow morning.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Out of curiosity, do you plan on reinstalling the SB or just leaving it out?

I took a few pictures and out of the 4 cars mine looks soooo plain. I definitely need to step it up and pimp that ride. Both yours and Andrew's car are modded very nicely. Maybe one day I could get all my external mods done...

Nick - Before you get the ECU tune you should have your car Dynoed. There's a place near you called Tri -Valley performance that has a Dynojet. I believe they use to, or still do a lot European cars.

Alright, take care. I need to get off this computer. I've been working for 8 straight hours trying to cram my 2 weeks worth of work into one...
Old 01-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Out of curiosity, do you plan on reinstalling the SB or just leaving it out?
If no tune, I would leave it in. Not for the launch per say, but if you have to come off the gas at all. These cars are really bad with bogging if you punch - pull - then punch again. the tune takes that away and the SB helps as well.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM

07 BMW X5
Originally Posted by jangy
If no tune, I would leave it in. Not for the launch per say, but if you have to come off the gas at all. These cars are really bad with bogging if you punch - pull - then punch again. the tune takes that away and the SB helps as well.
Yeah I plan on putting back in as I like the feel until I get a tune, I have the Non AMG vs.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
nice times for Northern Cali.

123+ is a nice pace too.. you should be able to keep up with just about anything out there..

I'll be happy trapping near 120 with my mods. Headers will be next..
Old 01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes.. he removed his seats. but it would not really make a huge difference.. but should have been disclosed.

The 335 was tuned by Vishnu and there is a whole out forum war about this run...

Hotrod I follow your posts on the E90post all the time.. nice times with your cars. JB3, 104 or 109 oct, rear drags tires and lighter rims. So far nobody can touch your trap and ET's.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
The 335 was tuned by Vishnu and there is a whole out forum war about this run...
Do you have a link on where this topic is being discussed? The actual tuner was there tuning the car...was that Vishnu himself?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Nice times Mr. Bass! That trap speed is awesome. I'm kind of the mindset you are, run what you drive on the street. So, no drag radials for me either.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Nice times Mr. Bass! That trap speed is awesome. I'm kind of the mindset you are, run what you drive on the street. So, no drag radials for me either.
Thanks Karl! I wouldn't mind trying drag radial but I'm just to damn lazy to change them out... This something I might try once or twice, then again I though I would only drag once or twice...

Here are a list of my mods that some have requested. I just recently had the Quaife installed by Vadim. Initially I was hoping that I would have better results off the line with the Quaife. Here are my 60' time - 2.295, 2.01, 1.993, 1.979 and 1.828. These are very similar to my last 3 runs without the quaife, low 2's and high 1.9's except for the 1.828 run. The Quaife is definitely more noticeable coming out of the turns and getting on it. As for traction, I think I still need more time and experience to fully judge the benefits of the LSD in a straight line.

As for the toe links, there's definitely no power gain but the stability of the car is extremely improved during full throttle. Being a rookie I decided to have these installed before my outing to the dragstrip.

VR600 (headers, pulley, ECU Tune, TB, and filters)
Renntech Toe Links
Quaife LSD
Code3 I/C
CM30 Johnson pump

Last edited by bassn_07; 01-05-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 PM

335i
Do you have a link on where this topic is being discussed? The actual tuner was there tuning the car...was that Vishnu himself?
Was that you that posted on there? Wired55 or something? Yes that was Vishnu himself. The thread was first posted as a non-tuner owned car record.But then it was disclosed that Vishnu had his laptop hooked up to the computer, and may have even driven the car. This was a well planned event between the two. I heard differing accounts, from Vishnu driving terrible times, to of course the kid not being able to get below 12's. Of course it was promoted as the "record breaking run". Corrected for DA, my 6/100th of a mile per hour deficit would have more than been made up. All those mods, and weight saving measures is a whole different matter altogether. Its racing, and not that big of a deal. The thing many people don't feel is ethical is the collaboration between the tuner and the car owner, to portray that the reason for the record setting is the Vishnu Tune! Especially when I ran essentially the same trap with just Terry's tune, stock exhaust, intercooler, etc, etc. Personally, I want to see how much better I can get with my tune only configuration on my other 335i. The best so far on this slower 335i coupe was 12.06 @116.5mph the other week in Sacramento. I don't have a lot of horsepower, no LSD, so I really need to have the best traction solution available!

FYI, the first time I went to Sacramento, Vishnu was also there with his 135i customer. (the record breaking 135i), tuning AND driving it also! I think he was kind of surprised that my "tune only" 335i was running better times and traps than that fully modded 135i. I would imagine that he was determined to do better this time around, even if it involved non-disclosed mods. And if your read the thread, the first thing that was listed was the list of mods, (in which removing seats, etc wasn't mentioned). People feel this is critical because of the thousands of people that read the forum, and are trying to figure out which tune gives the best performance, so they can make their buying decisions. Removing weight is not related at all to the benefits that the tune provides over a competitor's tune, or the implied combination of parts used to achieve great HP. I hope you can understand that this run had commerical implications, and understandably was subject to a little more scrutiny than usual.

Last edited by hotrod182; 01-06-2009 at 12:23 AM.