Sponsored by:

Warranty for 2003 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
Originally Posted by neveo
question for those with Mercury and or Chrysler.

do you have to wait for a claims person to stop at the dealer to inspect the car before work begins?

when your car repair is done do you have to wait for the dealer to receive payment before they release the car?

assuming both were the same price for mercury platinum and chrysler max care who would you choose?

with my warranty running out on thursday i need to act in the morning.
thanks,
with chrysler max care, a claims person is not required... you can either take it to a dcj dealer and have them sublet the repair to a mb dealership, or just take it to the mb dealer directly ensuring they are aware of diamler contracts... if you go this route, make sure the mb sa calls and gets an authorization number first... usually they will pay within 24 hours... i had an issure where they claimed they were busy and overloaded and were processing in the order they came in... nontheless, they still were done in 3 business days... there was also an option for me to pay out of pocket and have diamler reimburse me within 30 days... due to the amount of the repairs, i figured it would be better to wait a few extra days and not be out of personal funds...

if you have a dcj dealer sublet the work out, you will get the car back instantly when it is completed, and the dcj dealer will just bill chrysler directly... some mb dealers are set up to bill chrysler directly too...

hope this helps...
Old 01-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
Originally Posted by harjothundal
with chrysler max care, a claims person is not required... you can either take it to a dcj dealer and have them sublet the repair to a mb dealership, or just take it to the mb dealer directly ensuring they are aware of diamler contracts... if you go this route, make sure the mb sa calls and gets an authorization number first... usually they will pay within 24 hours... i had an issure where they claimed they were busy and overloaded and were processing in the order they came in... nontheless, they still were done in 3 business days... there was also an option for me to pay out of pocket and have diamler reimburse me within 30 days... due to the amount of the repairs, i figured it would be better to wait a few extra days and not be out of personal funds...

if you have a dcj dealer sublet the work out, you will get the car back instantly when it is completed, and the dcj dealer will just bill chrysler directly... some mb dealers are set up to bill chrysler directly too...

hope this helps...
getting the feeling that the Chrysler might be the way to go as it doesn't have a claims person having to go out and inspect.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
all i have to say is mod away and TIP the tech
Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 PM

05 e55
i just got off the phone with chrysler and the rep said they are no longer allowing service at non chrysler/jeep or dodge dealers after the the seperation of Chrysler and Mercedes. anyone else have this come up?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
Thumbs up

Given that you live in Redwood City, I would take your car directly to Topline Automotive, in Burlingame. Here's a link to yelp reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/topline-auto...e%20automotive

I found out about them because a VERY wealthy investor who put $10 million or so into my company (he's a Venture Capitalist with a high-end firm). Dude has so many cars it is crazy. Ferrari, Z06, a handful of Benzes, etc... And he takes everything to Topline. Suggested I go to them when my warranty was about to expire and that's what I did.

They were WAY more expensive than the $3k estimates you are talking about, but for me the peace of mind knowing that they have a solid relationship with the warranty company (hence less sweat factor regarding potential mods you might have). In fact just a few weeks ago the supercharger belt tensioner busted off, shredding the belt in the process of course. All fixed under warranty. $100 deductible and that's all.

While she was in the shop, they put two new PS2's on the rear (why do they only seem to last 8k miles or less) and they did it at TireRack costs. They do wheel repair, removing all your curb rash for $150/wheel. Master mechanics, top TOP quality customer service, and they can do anything you'd ever want done to your car by way of mods. Some crazy stuff on the floor in there!

Expect to pay more like $5k for 100K mile coverage, $100 deduct, but it covers just about everything other than wear parts. Very mod-friendly if you already have mods. If not, they can build or install anything. Killer customer service also. Within a few hours of dropping off my car, they emailed me pictures of the damage and sent me a list of codes that had been stored. The car is always ready on time, cleaned and good as new. Seriously, these guys don't just fix your problem, they give the entire car a once-over; they are very thorough, better than any dealer I've used in the past.

I figure if the men with the SERIOUS money go here, it's good enough for little old me. Other than the warranty price, they don't seem any more expensive than your average independent shop. Certainly less (and better) than a dealer.

I am nothing but a super happy customer, btw. No profit made or incentive given for spreading the word. So far my warranty coverage couldn't be better and I'm glad I bought it since things are busting off left and right less than 500 miles north of 50k! Bad luck, but with the warranty and Top Line, not so bad.

Now it's just a matter of self control... Try to resist the mods... Cooling mods. Mmmm. Or a nice steering wheel, maybe the one off the Black Series, Mmmm. Or a fat stereo with some solid punch... I should have known that you were temptation...

Skeeter
Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
i just got off the phone with chrysler and the rep said they are no longer allowing service at non chrysler/jeep or dodge dealers after the the seperation of Chrysler and Mercedes. anyone else have this come up?
that is weird. when i signed up for the maximu care they told me i can take it to MB dealer.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:06 PM

GL 450
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Given that you live in Redwood City, I would take your car directly to Topline Automotive, in Burlingame. Here's a link to yelp reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/topline-auto...e%20automotive

I found out about them because a VERY wealthy investor who put $10 million or so into my company (he's a Venture Capitalist with a high-end firm). Dude has so many cars it is crazy. Ferrari, Z06, a handful of Benzes, etc... And he takes everything to Topline. Suggested I go to them when my warranty was about to expire and that's what I did.

They were WAY more expensive than the $3k estimates you are talking about, but for me the peace of mind knowing that they have a solid relationship with the warranty company (hence less sweat factor regarding potential mods you might have). In fact just a few weeks ago the supercharger belt tensioner busted off, shredding the belt in the process of course. All fixed under warranty. $100 deductible and that's all.

While she was in the shop, they put two new PS2's on the rear (why do they only seem to last 8k miles or less) and they did it at TireRack costs. They do wheel repair, removing all your curb rash for $150/wheel. Master mechanics, top TOP quality customer service, and they can do anything you'd ever want done to your car by way of mods. Some crazy stuff on the floor in there!

Expect to pay more like $5k for 100K mile coverage, $100 deduct, but it covers just about everything other than wear parts. Very mod-friendly if you already have mods. If not, they can build or install anything. Killer customer service also. Within a few hours of dropping off my car, they emailed me pictures of the damage and sent me a list of codes that had been stored. The car is always ready on time, cleaned and good as new. Seriously, these guys don't just fix your problem, they give the entire car a once-over; they are very thorough, better than any dealer I've used in the past.

I figure if the men with the SERIOUS money go here, it's good enough for little old me. Other than the warranty price, they don't seem any more expensive than your average independent shop. Certainly less (and better) than a dealer.

I am nothing but a super happy customer, btw. No profit made or incentive given for spreading the word. So far my warranty coverage couldn't be better and I'm glad I bought it since things are busting off left and right less than 500 miles north of 50k! Bad luck, but with the warranty and Top Line, not so bad.

Now it's just a matter of self control... Try to resist the mods... Cooling mods. Mmmm. Or a nice steering wheel, maybe the one off the Black Series, Mmmm. Or a fat stereo with some solid punch... I should have known that you were temptation...

Skeeter
You go to Topline for repairs but where did you get the insurance with $100 deductible that Topline agrees to work with ?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:04 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by jofam
You go to Topline for repairs but where did you get the insurance with $100 deductible that Topline agrees to work with ?
plus 1
Old 01-21-2009, 08:51 PM

E55

Just got off the phone with Chrysler. I don't know if your rep is new or what but I found a very helpful one. Here is the quote for a 2004 E55 with 59k miles. You do have to give the whole VIN number not just the last 8 numbers. They did mention that it is not a 100% guarantee that a MB dealership will honor the warranty. It is up to the dealership.

$200 deduction
5/50k $2785
3/45k $2605
2/30k $2085

$100 deduction
5/50k $3280
3/45k $3050
2/30k $2390

To get the policy started, they will need $100 credit card payment and within 30 days the policy will arrive and you can set up installment payments.

Her extension is x6790 and her name is Mia if anyone is interested.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 PM

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Do you happen to have the full phone number?

Originally Posted by snacl500
Just got off the phone with Chrysler. I don't know if your rep is new or what but I found a very helpful one. Here is the quote for a 2004 E55 with 59k miles. You do have to give the whole VIN number not just the last 8 numbers. They did mention that it is not a 100% guarantee that a MB dealership will honor the warranty. It is up to the dealership.

$200 deduction
5/50k $2785
3/45k $2605
2/30k $2085

$100 deduction
5/50k $3280
3/45k $3050
2/30k $2390

To get the policy started, they will need $100 credit card payment and within 30 days the policy will arrive and you can set up installment payments.

Her extension is x6790 and her name is Mia if anyone is interested.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 PM

E55
Originally Posted by willc55
Do you happen to have the full phone number?
1-800-442-2666
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
I don't have the paperwork here at home, but I bought whatever warranty Top Line sells. They've been working together for a long time and have a smooth relationship. While nobody can guarantee that they will look the other way re: mods, all indicators are good and I've heard and had very positive results.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Donovan386
Sounds like they are quoting you retail, if not more. I just bought Fidelity Platinum Coverage 4yr/48k tonight and paid $2642 for it. 10% down, 18 months no interest. I purchased it from the local Chrysler dealer. I only have 33,800 miles on my car so I'm sure that is a rather important variable when it comes to cost. They're only covering my car just past 80k. Yours is actually being covered just over 100k miles. Even so, you should be able to get that coverage for much less than that. They are negotiable. My coverage is normally $3500+ and he discounted it immediately to $2642. Just said he didn't have time to negotiate and gave me the best deal he could. Made it a real easy transaction.
No wonder they're giving these warranties away....

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_.../fidelity.html

They also get an "F" with the Better Business Bureau:

"We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices."

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Busines...anyID=25000717

Last edited by Chappy; 01-22-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:48 PM

E55
I read those same complaints before I decided to purchase.

Most of them seem to be from people who did not read the warranty beforehand and expected to cover items that it wasn't meant to cover. I bought the platinum coverage, read the exclusions, and still have 60 days to get my money back if a better warranty service comes up.

Out of curiousity, who do you use for an extended warranty? I'm certainly open to other options and if better coverage arises, I am definitely going to look into it.

The BBB I did not see beforehand. That doesn't really frighten me though- if you don't respond to BBB complaints, they automatically give you an F. BBB is shady in itself, IMHO.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Donovan386
I read those same complaints before I decided to purchase.

Most of them seem to be from people who did not read the warranty beforehand and expected to cover items that it wasn't meant to cover. I bought the platinum coverage, read the exclusions, and still have 60 days to get my money back if a better warranty service comes up.

Out of curiousity, who do you use for an extended warranty? I'm certainly open to other options and if better coverage arises, I am definitely going to look into it.

The BBB I did not see beforehand. That doesn't really frighten me though- if you don't respond to BBB complaints, they automatically give you an F. BBB is shady in itself, IMHO.
My post wasn't intended to belittle your choice but rather show that particular company has had a history of issues, both with consumers as well as the BBB. As you mentioned, you made an informed decision to buy. I haven't yet checked with the Consumer Affairs Office in Florida or the Insurance Commissioner's Office...perhaps they have a better record with those offices. Or, looked to see if (and how many) civil lawsuits have been filed against the company.

Since I've been a member of MBWorld, there have been a number of aftermarket warranty companies that have gone out of business, leaving the purchaser with no coverage and out many thousands of dollars.

I'm the original owner of my AMG, and elected to obtain the Mercedes-Benz Premium Limited Extended Warranty - which has exclusions (COMAND, headlights, radio, etc). I got the 7 year / 100K warranty and any Mercedes-Benz dealership in the country will honor with with $0 deductible. The main reason I went with this plan was they will make any repairs with OE parts and I wouldn't get stuck with any 'surprise' invoices for diagnostic charges, etc.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Chappy
I'm the original owner of my AMG, and elected to obtain the Mercedes-Benz Premium Limited Extended Warranty - which has exclusions (COMAND, headlights, radio, etc). I got the 7 year / 100K warranty and any Mercedes-Benz dealership in the country will honor with with $0 deductible. The main reason I went with this plan was they will make any repairs with OE parts and I wouldn't get stuck with any 'surprise' invoices for diagnostic charges, etc.
I really wish I could have gotten the OEM warranty but not an option unfortunately. EasyCare was *kind of* an option (long story) through the MB dealership but at nearly $8k for 5yr/50k miles, that did not seem reasonable, regardless of coverage...

Thanks for the heads up on Fidelity- I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a better solution. Will report back if I find anything.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
I've had both, Mercury with a 996tt and Chrysler with a CL55.

question for those with Mercury and or Chrysler.

do you have to wait for a claims person to stop at the dealer to inspect the car before work begins?
If it's a big repair, both companies have the right to send an inspector first.

when your car repair is done do you have to wait for the dealer to receive payment before they release the car?
I didn't with Mercury but I did with the MB dealer and Chrysler ... despite the dealer having experience with Chrysler and always getting paid.

assuming both were the same price for mercury platinum and chrysler max care who would you choose?
I'd ask my preferred repair shop which company they prefer. For me, they were equally good.

with my warranty running out on thursday i need to act in the morning.
thanks,
Good luck.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:40 PM

05 e55
i tied up a chrysler warranty yesterday with a phone call and $100. however i am going to proceed with the Mercury platinum warranty as i can take it to dealers and independents. $3700 for 5 years and 75k miles,{ i have 19k on car} including electronics and command. i appreciate all of the help from all who have responded
Old 01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
i tied up a chrysler warranty yesterday with a phone call and $100. however i am going to proceed with the Mercury platinum warranty as i can take it to dealers and independents. $3700 for 5 years and 75k miles,{ i have 19k on car} including electronics and command. i appreciate all of the help from all who have responded
Just curious: where did you find Mercury coverage for the vehicle? I'm shopping those things now as well, and afaik you can get a longer-term coverage w/Mercury than w/Chrysler...tia for any info!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Best warranty thread yet. Subscribed.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 AM

2002 C32 ///AMG
California Department of Insurance covers automotive warranties. Attached is the downloaded from the state website. I was going to purchase the ASC Warranty a couple years ago and was in dialog with them over what was covered and what wasn't covered. The sales woman called me at least 5 times wanting to close the contract. When asked if they complied with the CDI regulations she had to 'check with her boss' and that was the last I heard from her. Buyer beware.

Chrysler may me an option but as one of the posted above mentioned, what happens in the event of bankruptcy?
Attached Files

Last edited by hkycoldrct; 01-25-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:09 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by Improviz
Just curious: where did you find Mercury coverage for the vehicle? I'm shopping those things now as well, and afaik you can get a longer-term coverage w/Mercury than w/Chrysler...tia for any info!
i found mercury with the dealer{ mb of sf} for 3795 for 5 years and 75K, i have another mercury source that i can pm you the info in the morning.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 AM

03 E55 AMG
i found mercury with the dealer{ mb of sf} for 3795 for 5 years and 75K, i have another mercury source that i can pm you the info in the morning.
Please post or PM me as well. I'm having to do alot of research over the phone/internet and I'm finding most Dealers prefer to have you come in and discuss warranty.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Sounds great, I'd appreciate it!! Thanks again....
Old 01-26-2009, 09:00 PM

2001 E55
Neveo, what's your deductible on the Mercury plan?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warranty for 2003 E55