JANGY vs. JRCART Willow Springs $5000.00 Shootout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
FWIW, there is no grass infield at Willow Springs...it's desert and lot of run off area...just in case. Maybe some snakes and rabbits but picniking is strictly prohibited.
Jimmy
I'd use the term "Runoff" lightly. There are hidden drainage ditches everywhere at Willow. and most cars that runoff at 9 never make it back in the condition that they left. It's not a real good track to go agricultural.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by RBrenton
Jim, please ensure that nobody is picnicking on the grass before you run.
lmfao
Old 01-07-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by SLK55R
JR you could give Jangy 8 secs and still win. This is the most unfair bet I have ever seen. 5000 bucks vs 0. Just for those with reading impairments ... that means the race is unfair to JR.

As far as I can tell, we are 3 pages into this thread and Jangy has NOT agreed to go to willow.
I think you are missing the point to this entire bet...In the past Jangy has boasted about his car being faster than mine, him being able to beat me in a road race against his E55, so since i know how Jangy is I tried to make him an offer he can't refuse. If he honestly believes his car is faster and he is a better racer why not show up, prove it, and walk with $5000? I know my car is tons faster, I know I am a better racer and I know that I could probably give him 8 seconds and still win, but why would I? He claims to hve the faster car so he should not even need the 2-4 seconds I am offering up, right? If I came up to you and said "my car will whoop yours adn I am a great driver" and then asked you to race would you offer me a 2-4 second advantage? Probably not...

Don't try to paint a picture of me being the bad guy, I'm the one traveling 1600 miles to race, I'm the one that has $$$$ on the line to loose. The real point of this challenge is to try to shut Jangy up, or at least get him out of my hair and he can go on with pestering another member. All he has done for the past 6 months is critize all 63's, me, my car, my dyno sheets, my e/t's, my choice of mods, my choice of tuners, my drivng ability and so on. He has backed out of two races with me, one of which he made the initial challenge, I wa preparred to travel with my car to Vegas to race him, once he realized I was not bluffing he made up some excuse as to why he could not race. He's been able to sit on the other side of his computer and spout off crap, I'm going to be the one that brings him back down to earth. He should have never started with me, I'm not the typical e-thug that hides behind a computer, I travel the country to attend various events, sooner or later you are going to run into me...Jangy's time is about to run out.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
Why dont we level the field to see who is the better driver?

Best two out of three sessions at Dromo 1?

No Horsepower drama..No Excuse other than Jangy will have a few more pounds on him..But the cars will be even and it will be a fair race

Lots of room for the Peanut Gallery to cheer them on and its local
We can go both rent stock Corvettes at Hertz and run those, or we can rent 2 Dodge Charger Magnums, we can rent Kia Spectras for all I care. I down with just about anything, you need to talk to Jangy to get his opinion.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
FWIW, there is no grass infield at Willow Springs...it's desert and lot of run off area...just in case. Maybe some snakes and rabbits but picniking is strictly prohibited.
Jimmy
I think he meant it as an inside joke pertaining to my off-road excursion in Dallas a couple weks ago.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by jrcart
I think he meant it as an inside joke pertaining to my off-road excursion in Dallas a couple weks ago.
I got it.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by juicee63
OMG , wonder what Ricks 6500 lb CLS will do at Willow.. LOL

Can we come watch.. Jim please do not ruin your car prior to Famoso, we really would like you to attain the world record 1/4 mile time in a 63
6500 pound CLS??? Is he planning on running with Jangy in his trunk?

I'm not sure about spectators, I would call Brad or Simon at Evosport to get the details, this is an Evosport organized/sponsored event. Why not come out and run with us...we can all beat Jangy

Here's the link

https://mbworld.org/forums/events-ga...w-springs.html
Old 01-07-2009, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
JRCart

MIR, Texas, California....what about us peeps in the Southeast? We want some challenges too!

How about a $100,000 Tail-of-the-Dragon shootout?

j/k

You guys have fun....
Old 01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chappy
MIR, Texas, California....what about us peeps in the Southeast? We want some challenges too!

How about a $100,000 Tail-of-the-Dragon shootout?

j/k

You guys have fun....
I am not foolish with my money, I don't go picking fights or making challenges with people I know nothing about, Jangy just need a lesson. Besides, just from looking at your sig pic I know you can drive. I do plan on running Barber this spring sometime, let me know of any events there that you know of.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
6500 pound CLS??? Is he planning on running with Jangy in his trunk?

I'm not sure about spectators, I would call Brad or Simon at Evosport to get the details, this is an Evosport organized/sponsored event. Why not come out and run with us...we can all beat Jangy

Here's the link

https://mbworld.org/forums/events-ga...w-springs.html
I want to go but I am going the 21st. Costs only 150 bucks and I get basically unlimited track time. I don't really need instruction and the advanced (red run group) when I go has about 6-8 cars on track at a time. Plus they are all pretty safe drivers and I have run with them all for years so I know what to expect.

Maybe I will come watch and wave signs in support.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I am not foolish with my money, I don't go picking fights or making challenges with people I know nothing about, Jangy just need a lesson. Besides, just from looking at your sig pic I know you can drive. I do plan on running Barber this spring sometime, let me know of any events there that you know of.
I snagged that pic off the web, not me. Others have seen my driving however on various tracks...my CLK creates a bit more tire smoke lol...

There is going to be a large MBCA event in Birmingham (including a full day at Barber) at the end of May. PM me your email and I'll keep you in the loop.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
no

I think you are missing the point to this entire bet...In the past Jangy has boasted about his car being faster than mine, him being able to beat me in a road race against his E55, so since i know how Jangy is I tried to make him an offer he can't refuse. If he honestly believes his car is faster and he is a better racer why not show up, prove it, and walk with $5000? I know my car is tons faster, I know I am a better racer and I know that I could probably give him 8 seconds and still win, but why would I? He claims to hve the faster car so he should not even need the 2-4 seconds I am offering up, right? If I came up to you and said "my car will whoop yours adn I am a great driver" and then asked you to race would you offer me a 2-4 second advantage? Probably not...

Don't try to paint a picture of me being the bad guy, I'm the one traveling 1600 miles to race, I'm the one that has $$$$ on the line to loose. The real point of this challenge is to try to shut Jangy up, or at least get him out of my hair and he can go on with pestering another member. All he has done for the past 6 months is critize all 63's, me, my car, my dyno sheets, my e/t's, my choice of mods, my choice of tuners, my drivng ability and so on. He has backed out of two races with me, one of which he made the initial challenge, I wa preparred to travel with my car to Vegas to race him, once he realized I was not bluffing he made up some excuse as to why he could not race. He's been able to sit on the other side of his computer and spout off crap, I'm going to be the one that brings him back down to earth. He should have never started with me, I'm not the typical e-thug that hides behind a computer, I travel the country to attend various events, sooner or later you are going to run into me...Jangy's time is about to run out.
No I'm not missing the point. I was really just backing up your incredibly generous bet to Jangy. He has nothing to lose but his E-pride while you have put up 5k in cash.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the best race would be a one lap wheel-to-wheel with Jangy getting a 2 second advantage from the jump.

Now THAT would be entertaining.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by indyjoe
I think the best race would be a one lap wheel-to-wheel with Jangy getting a 2 second advantage from the jump.

Now THAT would be entertaining.
Those cars would be going home on a couple flatbeds. Well JCart would put it back in his trailer.

Wheel to wheel racing is a whole new game. If that happens I will for SURE bet there watching.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM

A slow Tahoe!
Jcart - go buy you a E55 and race him door to door, that will settle who's the best driver, Jangy and EVERYONE knows you have a fast car, you've made it very clear you have a fast car. Make the cars equal to settle the talent issue, as far as a drag race I'd like to see your BS up against a few E55's on this board. What is your best 1/4 time?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RBrenton
Jim, please ensure that nobody is picnicking on the grass before you run.
hahaha i shouldnt of missed that

zing.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55BKS
Jcart - go buy you a E55 and race him door to door, that will settle who's the best driver, Jangy and EVERYONE knows you have a fast car, you've made it very clear you have a fast car. Make the cars equal to settle the talent issue, as far as a drag race I'd like to see your BS up against a few E55's on this board. What is your best 1/4 time?
How do you think that would be a fair race...that is about an un-fair advantage as Jangy could get. He has been driving and tracking his car for 3 years, I would hope he knows his car very well. I would assume Jangy could even beat Micheal Schumacher in a 5 lap race if you just dropped him in a car he has never driven before and on a track he has never seen in his life. Furthermore we all know Jangy has many mods, even if I went out and purchased an E55 it would most likely be stock.

Like I stated a few posts ago, I would be willing to go rent a couple of those Hertz Corvette C6 HRZ's and run him head-to-head, two identical cars where the drivers skill is the only thing that matters. I assume neither of us have much seat time in a Vette. The only thing I don't like about that bet is it leaves too much un-said, not enough closure on the situation. Jangy claims his car is faster than mine, so part of my vendetta and my goal is to beat him using my car against his, that would be it, end of story.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 PM

A slow Tahoe!
Jangy claims his car is faster than mine, so part of my vendetta and my goal is to beat him using my car against his, that would be it, end of story.[/QUOTE]

It's abvious now he doesn't think his is faster on the road course, a three year old can figure that out. How about in the 1/4? Who's faster? I'm calling Pinks to set this one up, j/k.....but not a bad idea....hmmmm. Can you take him in the 1/4? Let's switch gears and put some money up for a drag race. Best out of 5, heads up, run what you brung. NOS is optional.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM

‘11 SLS, ‘19 GT63 s Edition One
I think I saw a thread similar to this when I accidentally fell onto the Nissan 240SX forums. A couple of 16 year olds with their souped up cars were going back and forth about whose car is faster and whose mods are better.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I love threads like this.

Renting lame cars would be very funny to see. You guys should just race on Forza Motorsports so we all can watch. Some people hate they types of thread. I happen to find them very funny. I feel another thread lock coming but until then this thread rules. I would love to see your BS race against the new SLK55 BS with some mods.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55BKS
My best e/t is 11.13 @ 127.8 mph on NOS

My best motor only pass is 11.487 @ 121.40 mph

I am going to be running at Famoso a week from Saturday, I would assume there will be several 55's attending that event.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone

I am going to be running at Famoso a week from Saturday, I would assume there will be several 55's attending that event.
Dude your car is fast as *****.

What's your best all-ditch pass? Do you get better traction on Kentucky Blue Grass or good ol' Perennial Ryegrass?

Sorry I had to. It was too good.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[/QUOTE]
It's abvious now he doesn't think his is faster on the road course, a three year old can figure that out. How about in the 1/4? Who's faster? I'm calling Pinks to set this one up, j/k.....but not a bad idea....hmmmm. Can you take him in the 1/4? Let's switch gears and put some money up for a drag race. Best out of 5, heads up, run what you brung. NOS is optional.[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge Jangy has yet to crack an 11.99 1/4 mile, I have heard his best e/t is a very low 12

I am trying to get him to attend the Famoso event on the 17th so I can school him there as well.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

JRCart, I give up. Somehow, I just don't think this will happen (my ESP lol). You put up the money, the place, time, conditions, which were more than fair IMO. Why won't Jangy just accept, show up, and do the damn thing already! I am not trying to instigate anything, but this is past ridiculous. This drama has played for about a year(?), and we are back on talking again. Damn I would like this to come to end and have the results posted here. The drama will be squashed, once and for all.

Will this ever happen? The saga continues....Episode VI: Return of the JRCart.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigben320e
JRCart, I give up. Somehow, I just don't think this will happen (my ESP lol). You put up the money, the place, time, conditions, which were more than fair IMO. Why won't Jangy just accept, show up, and do the damn thing already! I am not trying to instigate anything, but this is past ridiculous. This drama has played for about a year(?), and we are back on talking again. Damn I would like this to come to end and have the results posted here. The drama will be squashed, once and for all.

Will this ever happen? The saga continues....Episode VI: Return of the JRCart.
I am doing my part, I will be at both events, the ball is in Jangy's court now. There will be several people from this board attending the Evosport track event that will vouch for me being present and there will be 30 plus people from this board that will be at Famoso 2 days later to verify I showed up there as well. About the only thing that could save Jangy at this point would be if my Hauler and trailer flipped over en-route to California or if I wake up in a bath-tub filled with ice, missing a kidney in Vegas this weekend LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JANGY vs. JRCART Willow Springs $5000.00 Shootout