JANGY vs. JRCART Willow Springs $5000.00 Shootout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by jangy
Jim, your credentials aside do you really think I have a better chance at trying to be within 2 seconds of your best? Which way would you run it if you had the choice?
Which way would I run what? The track? As in Clockwise vs Counter Clockwise? I have never seen the track or driven it, I could care less which direction we run it, we can run forward and backward I don't care, you tell me.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
Jangy, WTF????

"Unlike you, I don't set up every race to be in my favor" WTF? Are your talking about. As I have now stated half a dozen times in this thread, we would not be having this conversation if it were not for you claiming your car was faster and you could beat me on a road course!!!

How is this race stacked in my favor? I am giving you a 2 second atvantage at a track I have never seen, let alone run at. I am the one offering to pay you if you can beat me, this race is not going to cost you anything but track fee, brakes and tires, it's going to cost me that plus close to $1000.00 in diesel round trip, plus the $5000.00 if by some stroke of luck you beat me.

Quit going back on what you said, other heard it and you know you said it.

If this race is so stacked in my favor what would you propose, I said I might be open to any reasonable offer...make me an offer, but if it is not reasonable be ready be preparred to put up some of your own loot. You are not going to scare me out of this one Jangy, your goose is done cooked!

Jim, dig it up! My goose is cooked. Oooooh, you gave me 2 seconds. Again, that shows your confidence in your car. You must think our cars are close enough, huh? I'm not proposing anything. I haven't wanted to race you or care much for you in a long time.
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
You know better than to say that he will get me in 1. It is just too tight and of course i want the inside.
If he tries to dive under me on the braking of 4, it will just kill his speed through 5 and 6 so i may just pull back up. And that is IF he can get by me. The smartest for him would be to follow patiently into 4 and slingshot around me, but we'll see if he has the patience. The exit of 9 is critical and yes, if left alone, I'd bet he will gain most of his spread there. 9 is a tough turn and it is all about carrying speed. Once he gets by me, then he can take advantage of the tighter top side....
Jangy, if you TRUELY think that then you are going to get your *** handed to you.

At best on r-compounds your E55 MIGHT just break 1.05G, the BS on R compounds is a honest 1.35G car That alone says that you're going to be beat bad.

Turn one is not that tight, please go ahead and take the inside, he has a car that can out corner you meaning that if if you take the smaller radius he's going to cover the longer track distance faster. 5 and 6 are slow and since they are type 3 turns he can afford to have some of his speed killed, small problem is he's not going to be behind you. you forget that turn 2 is a HU_HU_HUGE radius so again he's going to go thru it faster than you and it empties out onto a decently long straight.

jrcart could butcher the exit of 9 and you could get it perfect, he'd still be much faster than you just on chassis ability alone. Add a MUCH more sophisticated ESP... Damn I wish I was going to be there.

WTF do you mean "he can take advantage of the tighter top side...." because that doesn't make any sense.
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Everyone here knows it isn't a fair bet and odds are stacked in Jim's favor, BUT that is also why he offered up the money. What do i really lose even if he spanks me?
Well, you could do some serious damage to your car...especially as hard as you are planning on flogging it.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Which way would I run what? The track? As in Clockwise vs Counter Clockwise? I have never seen the track or driven it, I could care less which direction we run it, we can run forward and backward I don't care, you tell me.
Jim, slow down and follow a simple discussion. I was simply asking you which race you would take if you were in my position? Would you pick wheel to wheel or take the 2 seconds? That's it.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim, slow down and follow a simple discussion. I was simply asking you which race you would take if you were in my position? Would you pick wheel to wheel or take the 2 seconds? That's it.
If I were you I would take the 2 second race, more room for error on my part. There is no way on Gods green earth your 55 is going to beat me in a 5 lap wheel-to-wheel race, even having no knowledge of the track I can duck behind you and shadow you for four laps, learn your weak spots and strong spots and then pass you at will in one of your weak spots on the last lap.

You don't like these odds? Give me some other offers then
Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Turn one is not that tight, please go ahead and take the inside, he has a car that can out corner you meaning that if if you take the smaller radius he's going to cover the longer track distance faster.
Take the inside? Why? I plan to hope I can get a jump on him in that quick strip and then go wide and dip all the way to the inside. I think it is tight, but whatever. He can pass wherever he wants.
5 and 6 are slow and since they are type 3 turns he can afford to have some of his speed killed, small problem is he's not going to be behind you. you forget that turn 2 is a HU_HU_HUGE radius so again he's going to go thru it faster than you and it empties out onto a decently long straight.
Turn 2 is a key. I have to SLAM on the brakes into it and he may squeeze by. Once in the turn, I really don't think he will want to pass me on the outside, but again you call the shots. This isn't NASCAR and I hope Jim wouldn't get on the outside of a drifting sedan just to prove a point. Can it be done? Sure. I was just talking general strategy.
jrcart could butcher the exit of 9 and you could get it perfect, he'd still be much faster than you just on chassis ability alone. Add a MUCH more sophisticated ESP... Damn I wish I was going to be there.

WTF do you mean "he can take advantage of the tighter top side...." because that doesn't make any sense.
I meant turns 1, 2, and 3. If he has open road, I think he will kill me in them. That is all I meant.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned

2004 E55
I meant turns 1, 2, and 3. If he has open road, I think he will kill me in them. That is all I meant.
Love your response, You don't have a clue about the track, Good luck Jangy you're going to get raped
Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If I were you I would take the 2 second race, more room for error on my part. There is no way on Gods green earth your 55 is going to beat me in a 5 lap wheel-to-wheel race, even having no knowledge of the track I can duck behind you and shadow you for four laps, learn your weak spots and strong spots and then pass you at will in one of your weak spots on the last lap.
Yeah, but you said 2 seconds on your best lap. I figure you'll run 1 good lap out of however many you run. The wheel to wheel option is just basically betting that you will make a mistake and spin out. That is what i was thinking.

You don't like these odds? Give me some other offers then
You are Vegas, Jim. Make your own odds. Read the thread and see how fair the odds are. Who is betting on me? If the odds were fair, plenty would just out of the same hate for you that your bubs have for me...
Old 01-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Love your response, You don't have a clue about the track, Good luck Jangy you're going to get raped
Instead of rape, why not tell me what i should be thinking? Assuming I will get raped anyway, how do I look at it to please you? You think the tight parts are NOT where he has the best advantage?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Timeless
Well, you could do some serious damage to your car...especially as hard as you are planning on flogging it.
That is true, but this isn't the first time the car has been there and I push it the same everytime so this will be no different. I'm not saying that I may not do damage, just saying that going to Willow is something I love in my car. I usually go with people with fast cars so i get to drive both, but I usually put at least 30 hard laps on my car, too.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Instead of rape, why not tell me what i should be thinking? Assuming I will get raped anyway, how do I look at it to please you? You think the tight parts are NOT where he has the best advantage?
Nahhhh you've got all the answers, your the roadcourse guy (With a drag race sig...) Besides you say I don't know what I'm talking about.... Bwahahahahahaha
Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Nahhhh you've got all the answers, your the roadcourse guy (With a drag race sig...) Besides you say I don't know what I'm talking about.... Bwahahahahahaha
Ok, then whatever. the drag race pic is one that I thought looked cool. My car has been to a drag strip on 2 occasions. both at Fontana and both because the members here asked me to go. No drama and all fun. One was in 95 degree weather and the other in almost 100 degree. No stacking odds or chasing times.
I never said you don't know what you are talking about. That has been your ever so dead horse theme. What I did notice is that you jump in and make general statements about specific questions that do not happen to hold true. Prime example is your blanket statement that removing the secondary cats WILL cause codes and MAY pop a CEL. Unfortunately, it isn't true and you can't just say that you don't know everything about the E55.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Godamn, you guys are so dumb. Who has the biggest e-***** on the forums? lollolololololol. Seriously, so much bickering this is so gay. Why not have a FRIENDLY competition, why always have to be all butthurt about ****...
Old 01-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Godamn, you guys are so dumb. Who has the biggest e-***** on the forums? lollolololololol. Seriously, so much bickering this is so gay. Why not have a FRIENDLY competition, why always have to be all butthurt about ****...
We haven't been friendly around here for some time. It does suck, especially when it only helps some and hurts the community.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
We haven't been friendly around here for some time. It does suck, especially when it only helps some and hurts the community.
I know man! Ok so this is about who is the better driver. There will be some high speed cornering, some crazy straights, tripple digits speed. It's gonna be insane!!! Ok so let's keep it simple. Who is the better driver? Let me be the judge:

Ok done. Jangy wins.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

2004 E55
I know man! Ok so this is about who is the better driver. There will be some high speed cornering, some crazy straights, tripple digits speed. It's gonna be insane!!! Ok so let's keep it simple. Who is the better driver? Let me be the judge:

Ok done. Jangy wins.
Did you forget about jangy driving into a cliff showing his driving prowess. That would be bad but it was made worse by the fact that he had a passenger with him, at least jim only endangered himself.

Yeah Jangy wins...
Old 01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Did you forget about jangy driving into a cliff showing his driving prowess. That would be bad but it was made worse by the fact that he had a passenger with him, at least jim only endangered himself.

Yeah Jangy wins...

Link?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Yeah Jangy wins...
So that's your angle. I could not figure out why a newb (to the forum) would stalk me like you do but I get it now. Where did you buy your E55? From who? a member here? HAHA!! Please tell me you were there that day, please!!

If you are going to tell a story, at least tell the truth. Like the fact that the PRESIDENT of the Lotus club drove all the way to Palomar to teach me a lesson and got spanked ALL day. Even his own buddy said he was getting rattled. The E55 made the SC shut down excuse and the Lotus dude was just pissed and left. Then, on our way down the mountain I had a passenger that at the time I thought was becoming a friend and we were simply following his car. No speeding and no racing and yes my car ran into the dirt shoulder and right back on the road. Scared the crap out of me and I'm sure him. Funny what people say to your face vs behind your back.

Oddly enough all of that started with heated talks about the C vs E at WillowS
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM

2004 E55
What I don't get is why this crap keeps getting posted in our forum. Take the biggest ****** contests back to the BS forums where I'd guess they are common-place.

What I do know is that Jangy is a valued member of the E55 forum so I'd like to see him quit now before he gets pulled into something that may jeapordize his presence here.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nlpamg
oh man...

I'm considering going to Willow Springs just to watch this.
Originally Posted by SLK55R
I'd think about it if I actually thought Jangy would show up.
If I thought there was any chance of Jangy actually making the event, I too would fly out to watch it.

Originally Posted by LZH
LOL - I will be there. Can't wait to see this. And FWIW Jangy, it's called WILLOW, not Willows (for the 50th time). Hope you can make it dude, but my money says you won't if you know whats good for you.
Make sure to get some seat time and feel those stock shifts.

Ok done. Jangy wins.
Let me guess...You've never done anything like it. If you haven't and you're over 20, you've never lived or lack a Y chromosome.

Anyway, you're wrong. Jim wins by virtue of owning a CLK BS.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Jim, you will kill him, but...

....you will never get him to admit it. He'll either spin it or make excuses, because he's one of those never-admit-I'm-wrong types, no matter what.

Some time back, he posted a total BS story about how he'd pulled a C6 Z06, multiple times, from a roll, and was even able to chase the guy down after giving him a jump.

Several of us knew a nice, big steaming pile of when we heard it, and called him on it. He proceeded to talk more and more crap, particularly after nobody on the Z06 forums wanted to waste time on him.

Finally, when he showed up at a strip and ran one, against a guy who'd been to a track once in his life, he won the race--but got out-trapped by about 10 mph, which showed how ludicrous his original claim of being able to pull one when they started even, let alone if he gave the guy from a jump, were. A 10 mph disadvantage in a 1/4 mile translates to bus lengths above 100.

But what did he do: change the argument from trap speed to "well, I crossed the line first", as though the fact that he got the hole shot while the other guy blew his launch and still out-trapped him by 10 mph somehow "proved" that in a rolling-start race from 60 mph where launch/60' time wasn't a factor, well, he'd win that one too.

And of course, he managed to be conveniently absent from MIR, where guys who he knew to be capable of pulling good 60' times were going to be.

So, while I'm sure you'll assassinate him and am very much looking forward to him getting a much-deserved spanking after all of his *****-talking, be prepared for excuses and arguments that shift like the sands of the Sahara after it's all said and done.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Here's a thought, just popped into my head, but as for something to lose Jangy.... How about you quit posting on mbworld if you don't win?

Seems fair if Jim is willing to put $5k up at a track which he's never even seen to your nothing.

A 6 mo vacation would give everyone an idea of what relative paradise (aka life w/out you) would be like...

or and possibly better...

How about a 6 month ban if you don't show? Agree to that please.

Last edited by MHP; 01-07-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are Vegas, Jim. Make your own odds. Read the thread and see how fair the odds are. Who is betting on me? If the odds were fair, plenty would just out of the same hate for you that your bubs have for me...
Jangy, you keep saying the odds are unfair and I keep saying make me another reasonable offer but you refuse to make another offer. I really don't think the odds are stacked in my favor you claim your car is faster, you claim you are the better road course driver and I have zero experience on Willow...how do those odds look stacked in my favor from your point of view?

From my point of view I know my car is faster, I know I am the better driver and I am putting up $5000 to your $0 plus a 2 second deficit to prove it...want to talk odds Jangy?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Jangster said
So that's your angle. I could not figure out why a newb (to the forum) would stalk me like you do but I get it now. Where did you buy your E55? From who? a member here? HAHA!! Please tell me you were there that day, please!!
No that's not it at all. I just read the archives. It's amazing what you find in them. Like the links to the youtube videos.... appalling driving "Technique" you have

Last edited by E55Pilot; 01-07-2009 at 12:04 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JANGY vs. JRCART Willow Springs $5000.00 Shootout