Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:19 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sticky2

The X6 M will smoke your Jeep, straightline, on the track, whatever, if you want to play that game.
All due respect the X6 M has a LONG way to go before it's as quick/fast as several hundred if not thousands of Jeeps already on the road. They are easy to mod, so far the Quickest/Fastest single turbo Jeep has gone 10.8@128. BJBs 7.0L/YSI supercharged (900whp and tq) will run 9s this spring. With H/C and bolt-ons (less than 10k) you can run high 11s N/A with a stock bottom end + spray = 11.1@123 so far.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MHP
All due respect the X6 M has a LONG way to go before it's as quick/fast as several hundred if not thousands of Jeeps already on the road. They are easy to mod, so far the Quickest/Fastest single turbo Jeep has gone 10.8@128. BJBs 7.0L/YSI supercharged (900whp and tq) will run 9s this spring. With H/C and bolt-ons (less than 10k) you can run high 11s N/A with a stock bottom end + spray = 11.1@123 so far.
You are talking about modded JEEP's.

The SRT8 off the floor vs. this thing off the floor is what I am referring to.

With mods, I will take a twin turbo V8 from the factory.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
sticky, I was just messing with you. The Jeep SRT8 is so fast off the line to 40mph that not many things on the road can touch it. It's an amazing piece of machinery that deserves respect for that alone. You have to drive one to understand. It's a weird Truck. I have never driven a car that is so fast from 0-40 that you think it may be the fastest car on the planet but over 40 mph it is just "fast".
Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by liquiddi
sticky, I was just messing with you. The Jeep SRT8 is so fast off the line to 40mph that not many things on the road can touch it. It's an amazing piece of machinery that deserves respect for that alone. You have to drive one to understand. It's a weird Truck. I have never driven a car that is so fast from 0-40 that you think it may be the fastest car on the planet but over 40 mph it is just "fast".
I've driven it, it puts up good numbers. It isn't a BMW.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
It isn't a BMW.
Is that a bad thing? I really wish my car didn't have a BMW badge on it, the terrible reputation BMW drivers have is largely justified. If Audi offered such a complete car as mine then I'd be driving one of those no question. As it is, the M5 was the only choice.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
You are talking about modded JEEP's.

The SRT8 off the floor vs. this thing off the floor is what I am referring to.

With mods, I will take a twin turbo V8 from the factory.
I know of at least 6 bone stock Jeeps that have gone as quick as 12.78-12.89@105-106 off the showroom floor, obviously most are in the 12.9-13.2 range. Keep in mind that's with the same powertrain that was introduced in '06. The '11 will have a 6.4 with 500-510hp, VCT and give a X6 all it can handle out the dealership door.
What do we have so far for X6 data?

Gotcha on the factory FI, no question, that rules.

Last edited by MHP; 01-07-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Although pull in 3rd gear (especially w/out a tune) isn't on par with 1-2, it actually can hold an amazing variety of fast cars off until past 100mph and pulls decently past 140 (for a 5000lb brick anyway). Light to light and in the 1/8th, even in less than perfect conditions (it could be raining sideways out and it wouldn't matter) Jeep SRT8s are monsters.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
this engine will power the new 7 series too
Old 01-07-2009, 09:17 PM

2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
Although pull in 3rd gear (especially w/out a tune) isn't on par with 1-2, it actually can hold an amazing variety of fast cars off until past 100mph and pulls decently past 140 (for a 5000lb brick anyway). Light to light and in the 1/8th, even in less than perfect conditions (it could be raining sideways out and it wouldn't matter) Jeep SRT8s are monsters.

I agree. It is the coolest funnest car I have ever owned. If they are still making them in 11 I will get another one. As far as the interior thing against a BMW I don't get it. The interior on my Jeep is just fine for how much it cost. I use mine as a beat on car. Throw my crap in it, get it dirty and just drive it. It's the perfect daily driver for me. You could not pay me money to drive any BMW. The Jeep is just flat out mean looking as well. People love Jeeps. I love wranglers as well. People don't love BMW's though
Old 01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I agree. It is the coolest funnest car I have ever owned. If they are still making them in 11 I will get another one. As far as the interior thing against a BMW I don't get it. The interior on my Jeep is just fine for how much it cost. I use mine as a beat on car. Throw my crap in it, get it dirty and just drive it. It's the perfect daily driver for me. You could not pay me money to drive any BMW. The Jeep is just flat out mean looking as well. People love Jeeps. I love wranglers as well. People don't love BMW's though
You have to own one to understand how devastating they are on the street from a dig, definitely "sporty" for a 5000lb brick. Speaking of, isn't the X6 closer to or at 6000lbs?
I daily drove mine too, it netted far more attention than even the C63 does--not saying that's a good thing but you don't see many on the road with only ~3k a year made for the US market.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by prodigymb
this engine will power the new 7 series too
The 7 series is using the standard turbo V8 unless this M version will replace the 760, which I don't think it will.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned

Fine for the money... I suppose. The X3 is the same amount of money, better interior. The Q5, and the new small mercedes SUV all have better interiors. Maybe good for the money for an American car.

I love BMW's, depends on the individual I guess.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Fine for the money... I suppose. The X3 is the same amount of money, better interior. The Q5, and the new small mercedes SUV all have better interiors. Maybe good for the money for an American car.

I love BMW's, depends on the individual I guess.
I went to the unveiling of the GLK a while ago at a local dealership, it's basically and not surprisingly a somewhat spartan C-Class interior. There is no comparison to an X3, I'd take the Bimmer hands down. The only problem is the price that an optioned out X3 puts you in X5 territory.
The Jeep interior is rubbermaid by comparison to the Europeans, but the driveline (6.1 with NAG1/WA5A variant) absolutely devastates any of the others.
I picked mine up in August of '06 and I never lost a race from a dig. The cars I yanked from a roll (N/A stock longblock full bolt-on with ~425rwhp) would surprise most people as well. In short DCX put the $ into the driveline, 14.2/13.8" twin piston Brembos, 20" rims/runflats, Bilsteins and created the best handling and quickest/fastest SUV on the market for pony car $.
I love BMWs but I'm not a huge fan of the X6's appearance, nice to see the new 7 looks a lot less Banglish. Anyway, you're right, it's all about personal preference.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MHP
I went to the unveiling of the GLK a while ago at a local dealership, it's basically and not surprisingly a somewhat spartan C-Class interior. There is no comparison to an X3, I'd take the Bimmer hands down. The only problem is the price that an optioned out X3 puts you in X5 territory.
The Jeep interior is rubbermaid by comparison to the Europeans, but the driveline (6.1 with NAG1/WA5A variant) absolutely devastates any of the others.
I picked mine up in August of '06 and I never lost a race from a dig. The cars I yanked from a roll (N/A stock longblock full bolt-on with ~425rwhp) would surprise most people as well. In short DCX put the $ into the driveline, 14.2/13.8" twin piston Brembos, 20" rims/runflats, Bilsteins and created the best handling and quickest/fastest SUV on the market for pony car $.
I love BMWs but I'm not a huge fan of the X6's appearance, nice to see the new 7 looks a lot less Banglish. Anyway, you're right, it's all about personal preference.
I had an X3, and yes it is a bit expensive for the segment it is supposed to target. But... and a big BUT here, the thing is LIGHT. Really light in comparison especially to the X5. Honestly, if they gave it the turbo 6 I would have held onto it.

If BMW puts that motor in there, I'll pick one up again. It was more fun to drive than the Cayenne which feels like a huge boat in comparison, but has a better motor. The space is close actually.

The Jeep is about the performance, the others are a more rounded, sophisticated package. I respect it, I would just rather have a twin turbo BMW SUV.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
A X3 with the TT 3.0L would be a FUN ride.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 PM

2009 E63 AMG
I had a guy in a Viper Pick up truck pull up to me the other day. I didn't even know he was there. It was a 3 lane road and we were both on the outside. Anyways, I just took off like a bat out of hell. When I got to work and parked this guy pulled up in the Viper truck and asked "what the hell do you have in that thing"? I was like it's stock. He said "that was fast" lol. These SRT8 Jeeps are incredible. The throttle response is like no other car I have ever driven. I read an article one time that said the Jeep SRT8 has rattle snake like throttle response. I didn't understand what that meant until I got one lol.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
I had a guy in a Viper Pick up truck pull up to me the other day. I didn't even know he was there. It was a 3 lane road and we were both on the outside. Anyways, I just took off like a bat out of hell. When I got to work and parked this guy pulled up in the Viper truck and asked "what the hell do you have in that thing"? I was like it's stock. He said "that was fast" lol. These SRT8 Jeeps are incredible. The throttle response is like no other car I have ever driven. I read an article one time that said the Jeep SRT8 has rattle snake like throttle response. I didn't understand what that meant until I got one lol.
Personally I don't like over sensitive throttles. Yup, the jeep is fast 0-40 but after that it doesn't have a lot. I mean your E would murder it.

It would outrun my 4.6iS in the straights but with a solid rear axle I'm sure it's not as feelsome through the corners, though I'm sure it has good mechanical grip.

Anyhow, saying you couldn't be paid to have a BMW seems rather narrow minded- a drive or encounter with an M5 would sure change your mind if you're into steering feel, braking feel and one of the world's great engines.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 AM

2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred
Personally I don't like over sensitive throttles. Yup, the jeep is fast 0-40 but after that it doesn't have a lot. I mean your E would murder it.

It would outrun my 4.6iS in the straights but with a solid rear axle I'm sure it's not as feelsome through the corners, though I'm sure it has good mechanical grip.

Anyhow, saying you couldn't be paid to have a BMW seems rather narrow minded- a drive or encounter with an M5 would sure change your mind if you're into steering feel, braking feel and one of the world's great engines.

BMW has some great cars. I have just run across some really rotten old friends that drove BMW's and I vowed to myself I would never drive one. I guess it really has nothing to do with the actual cars. It's an association with people thing.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
BMW has some great cars. I have just run across some really rotten old friends that drove BMW's and I vowed to myself I would never drive one. I guess it really has nothing to do with the actual cars. It's an association with people thing.
Fair point, but if you get the model up from them it'll annoy them even more. An ex-neighbor had the 4.4i Sport X5 while I had the iS on order. Lets just say our bad relations worsened when wifey parked it up
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 PM

2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred
Fair point, but if you get the model up from them it'll annoy them even more. An ex-neighbor had the 4.4i Sport X5 while I had the iS on order. Lets just say our bad relations worsened when wifey parked it up

lol. I have the same problem with my next door neighbor. The problem is I have a older C6 and he has a brand new Ferrari F430 Spider lol. I don't think I will try to up this scum bag lawyer. No offense to the lawyers on here. Granted, I'm only 34 and he is like 70 lol.