WTF happened to our Forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
I went back and read every page of this forum since it's inception, and I found out something. Jangy talks crap. when people have a different opinion from his he goes off on them, When they try to correct him (Brake Plates?) he goes off on a tangent on how they are a newb don't know anything about these cars and their car is a POS... Yet he will NEVER back up what he says. (Race's with jrcart anyone?)

But I digress, you already said that my post was pointless so thanks for proving my point and they point that has been repeated here over and over...
You don't like Jangy, that much is clear. A lot of people don't but I see no need to keep going after him. The back out to the race with JRcart was undeniable and not missed by anyone. The forum goes on.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
why is it that even with the ban in place, people still feel the need to point fingers. we've all chosen sides and our opinions of the people involved are not going to change. just let it go and enjoy the peace while it lasts.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Oh Mikey stick a friggin sock in it already. I read the longtube headers thread; you were just as guilty as the others in contributing to the current environment here. Quit playing the martyr.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

kindly grow up luke. nobody wants it to start again and that definitely includes me.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Yeah ? I'll hold ya to that.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

umm...ok
Old 01-13-2009, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by siswati
This place used to be such a cool place to visit. A place where you could get advice, learn how to mod your car, hang out with cool guys, meet some of them at GTG's and generally have a good time. I have made really good friends from this place, guys who have earned my respect and for whom I will always go the extra mile.

In the last 6 months this forum has deteriorated into a pissing match of juvenile proportions, and includes both posters and advertisers.

Nothing wrong with trying to be the quickest car on the planet. Have great respect for you if you do it. But its the way you conduct yourself on this board and in real life that determines the respect that you earn from your peers.

I really hope that we can get it back the way it was .... we are really becoming way worse than the JDM and M3 crowd. Anyone lurking on this board will come away with a very distorted impression of who we are.

Lets conduct ourselves with some dignity - just a voice in the noise hoping to be heard
Spot on... though I pretty much departed about 18 months ago. Did it get even worse?

~ Ian
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 AM

2003 E55 K1
Tolerance

As one of the older members hear, I can say it is not a function of age. We all have the capacity to be jerks. It turns out that some of these people really know their cars and it would be a great loss if they stopped participating. So I guess it's a package deal and we will have to take the good with the bad.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Guys,

I just read this thread this am for the first time. I echo what many are saying about a few really causing trouble for the masses.

HOWEVER - and this is IMPORTANT - Let's not make this thread an attack on ANYONE, let alone the three users that are in suspension (BTW, this is not a BAN). They are not here to defend themselves and it is not in good taste to "talk behind their backs" (even though they can see it).

Three users were placed on suspension for a rash of posts that were over the top. There are many others who could (maybe should) also receive such infractions. This is where the site owners/admins/mods started.

We ARE guilty of letting many have too much wiggle room with the rules, and we are going to make a point to stop that type of behavior NOW.

Now the real point to all of you that are asking for a better forum is this:

TREAT OTHERS ON THIS SITE IN THE SAME MANNER THAT YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. BEHAVE IN A MANNER THAT YOU EXPECT OR WISH OTHERS TO BEHAVE IN.

What happens most of the time is that 2+ people get into it, and they both see the other as at fault, but cannot accept any accountability themselves. This is the crux of the problem IMHO.

So, I put it back to you all..... lets make this site the best it can be.

Simon and I sold the site to IB as they have the resources to make it great. They have been doing great things behind the scenes (forum speed, stability, etc) and are starting to release new features (home page, new forums, etc). They are providing us enthusiasts the foundation to have an even better MBWorld, it is up to ALL OF US to make it so!

Thanks
Brad

PS - to reiterate, I do not want to see people pointing fingers at others in this thread again - GOT IT. Point the finger in the mirror first!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Banned

Twin Turbo C6, S65,
Originally Posted by LZH
Actually I do not see how E55Pilots post was "starting trouble", as you put it. He simply gave his impression of the bickering between JRcart and Jangy. Your response referring to his post as "totally and utterly pointless" is the crux of the problem around here...Everyone is calling for more respect in what is posted around here....Well, I submit that your response to E55Pilot calling his post pointless, only perpetuates the problem. If you don't agree with him or what he has to say about the situation, then perhaps you should make a case to the contrary....simply calling his post pointless only sets the stage for another pissing match.
But, that really seems to be the problem around here. I agree 100% that both JRcart and Andy come across as know it all jerks. Sure, their delivery and the way they speak (write) more often than not is quite brash. But guess what, they speak with authority because of knowledge and experience. You may not like what they have to say, but they back it up with action, facts, dyno sheets, time slips, etc. Then you have the longtime forum blowhard Jangy come along and start questioning everything. Personally, I feel that Jangy has the reading comprehension skill of a third grader and couldn't intelligently convey his message if his life depended on it. Most of his responses never address the topic at hand and when called on the carpet, he back peddles, makes excuses, admits his own lack of knowledge then resorts to personal attacks. At least the others in question back up their statements with valid facts and make a sensible argument to prove their point(s). Jangy couldn't make a sensible argument if you had a gun to his head.
Talk about calling the kettle black.

Not trying to start **** with LZH or anyboby else but I do recall quite a few pi55ing contests and chest pounding by you too.

I think people, in general, just need to relax and not get so emotional. Aren't we here as enthusiasts? We should be helping one another out!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by TTC6TTM
Talk about calling the kettle black.

Not trying to start **** with LZH or anyboby else but I do recall quite a few pi55ing contests and chest pounding by you too.

I think people, in general, just need to relax and not get so emotional. Aren't we here as enthusiasts? We should be helping one another out!
Excuse me, did you not read post #109 (you know, the one DIRECTLY before your post?

You are now on a week probation for this. I thought I made it VERY CLEAR that we do not want to see finger pointing.

Thanks
Brad
Old 01-13-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Brad, Sorry you had to take your time to police the boards, but at the same time I am thankful that you still have an interest in maintaining a quality site.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Lets not get too carried away moderators. Don't be too strict
Old 01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
werd.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
360 FORGED
I agree with the OP, this forum used to be my first to check new posts and my threads, but over the past few months, I sometimes don't even check. Also seems to be a lack of action in some areas for some reason...Not sure what this thread can do to change the fact, but anyways I do agree.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Brad!

I agree!

Well said!