W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF happened to our Forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
WTF happened to our Forum?

This place used to be such a cool place to visit. A place where you could get advice, learn how to mod your car, hang out with cool guys, meet some of them at GTG's and generally have a good time. I have made really good friends from this place, guys who have earned my respect and for whom I will always go the extra mile.

In the last 6 months this forum has deteriorated into a pissing match of juvenile proportions, and includes both posters and advertisers.

Nothing wrong with trying to be the quickest car on the planet. Have great respect for you if you do it. But its the way you conduct yourself on this board and in real life that determines the respect that you earn from your peers.

I really hope that we can get it back the way it was .... we are really becoming way worse than the JDM and M3 crowd. Anyone lurking on this board will come away with a very distorted impression of who we are.

Lets conduct ourselves with some dignity - just a voice in the noise hoping to be heard
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well put, i feel the exact same way.. what the hell is the point of having shouting matches on the internet? a if a real man wants to express a negative attitude to some one he has the courage to say it to their face and makes sure he has the ***** to back it up. the first couple times you read these types of threads it's somewhat funny but now its getting way to repetitive and immature.

Lets get back to the cars guys...
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
+100 Unfortunately we have some new members that lack any kind of respect, and exhibit a juvenile mind set. A few can ruin a once very cool board, the classless have arrived.
Originally Posted by siswati
This place used to be such a cool place to visit. A place where you could get advice, learn how to mod your car, hang out with cool guys, meet some of them at GTG's and generally have a good time. I have made really good friends from this place, guys who have earned my respect and for whom I will always go the extra mile.

In the last 6 months this forum has deteriorated into a pissing match of juvenile proportions, and includes both posters and advertisers.

Nothing wrong with trying to be the quickest car on the planet. Have great respect for you if you do it. But its the way you conduct yourself on this board and in real life that determines the respect that you earn from your peers.

I really hope that we can get it back the way it was .... we are really becoming way worse than the JDM and M3 crowd. Anyone lurking on this board will come away with a very distorted impression of who we are.

Lets conduct ourselves with some dignity - just a voice in the noise hoping to be heard
Old 01-09-2009, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Damn right. I stated this before, glad to see someone else feels this way.

Realtalk, we have ran many away from this forum (website) due to:

1. Fraud
2. Insults
3. Racist comments
4. Belittlement of newcomers
5. The "pissing contents"

Several guys here in Atl which are really cool, and have several Benzes have made these comments:

"I don't like going to MBWorld because when I asked a question, I got insulted."
"MBWorld seems to be full of jerks" (other word used that would get me banned)
"I asked a question about some rims, and instead got insults and complaints about my selection. I don't use that site anymore."

A user in Dubai:
"I posted some pictures to have some fun around the cars I own, and instead it turned into a political discussion and insults toward muslims." The guy said he would never come back to MBWorld again. (The guy owned about 2 mill in cars)

So yeah, I asked the same question but I have got to know some good people here and just ignore the ones that are just a nuisance. I thought this site was here to help, inform, and have some fun around the cars we love. I hope we can get back there.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
+100 Unfortunately we have some new members that lack any kind of respect, and exhibit a juvenile mind set. A few can ruin a once very cool board, the classless have arrived.
Unfortunately, it isn't just new members.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
No, but it seems to be mainly the new members.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Lets see how this place runs over the next two weeks:

Jangy
MHP
JRCart

are all on suspension for 2 weeks for their interactions and disruptive behavior. This decision came from the top of the house here. Sponsors are NOT above the law.

I could write up a long dissertation on what is right and wrong but I wont. Lets just remember that the internet has no tone or emotion so we all have to read what we just typed and before hitting the submit button, ask the question "what would a layperson think".

This is a forum of members, new and old, WE make it what it is and truly its what the members do that can steer it one way or the other. Modding here is not an easy job and recently its got much more difficult. I personally have always felt that adults can be adults and if one is self aware then he or she will realize what they have done wrong and stop doing more of it and move on.

Lets have fun again guys and girls... this forum is awesome and has been my home since Nov 2001 and it will be home for many more years to come. I dont even own a Benz anymore.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM

2001 BMW 330 convertible
I'm more of a lurker and wanna be owner but sometimes this board makes you hesitate about participating in case you get flamed. Maybe the moderators could take a more active role to bring it back to what it was. Just a thought.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
A user in Dubai:
"I posted some pictures to have some fun around the cars I own, and instead it turned into a political discussion and insults toward muslims."
I kinda laughed at that one. That is just so spot on for our forum.

I agree, it's been quite a bit different past few months. Some funny, some not.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Vic
I appreciate your steady hand, it cannot be an easy job, and as we can all attest, things have progressively got out of hand. For the most part, most conduct themselves in the interests of the community, and I would hate to see lurkers feel intimidated or regulars get chased away.

Lets remember what this is - it's a place for us to share our passion for our cars - its not a place for our policial viewpoints, for dissing others, for racial or ethnic slurs. And yes we all are damn proud of our achievements, and of our cars, but that doesn't make us or our car any better that the next guy or his car.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 PM

I don't think this forum is that bad. I think the relative age of MB/AMG owners has dropped significantly in the last ten years, and so many more mods have become accessible, so you're seeing a more "M3" mindset in AMG owners.

I have to admit that Andy's attitude is pretty surprising for a tuner/sponsor, but I guess you have to look at the type of cars/owners that he started doing business with initially.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:45 PM

rr
I, too, have been a lurker and have noticed a significant change in the Board's demeanor. But, to be fair, I have also noticed the behavior change on the M5 Board as well. My thoughts are it stems not just from the availability of mods for the cars but more from the shockingly rapid price depreciation. I suspect that most of the "original" owners of 90 thousand dollar cars are less inclined to modify and talk about it than the next one or two owners who stretch their Credit Union limits to purchase a great car for 1/3 of original cost. That and the (limited) anonymity that the internet provides is not often conducive to intelligent and productive talk. Homies....
Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221

+10000000
Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Cool

Originally Posted by Vic55
I dont even own a Benz anymore.
You have fallen far sir, please ban yourself.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I hear ya..... but lets not drag Rock in to this, you know how he is with Vic.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
You have fallen far sir, please ban yourself.

Im gonna try right now ....
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
I've been here since '02 and it is very different. I don't own a benz anymore but still like to visit and post when I think I have something to say.

I do think there is something to be said that many of these cars can be had pretty inexpensively in the use car market and the owners are different than those that bought them when they first came out.

I mean, I can't for the life of me ever imaging getting suspended from an on line forum LOL. Is this so important that someone would work themselves up to the point that they would get thrown out?!

People need to "speak" here as if the other person were standing right in front of them - people aren't that tough or ballsy then.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by Vic55

Im gonna try right now ....

Oh snap, Vic just opened up a can!!

(of coors light that is)

Old 01-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
There is drama on all the boards, not just this one. You should see the local racer forums! But I agree about the change and did like the forum much better before all the drama (there was always drama, just not to this extent).
Old 01-09-2009, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
I've only been on the board for just over two years, and it IS amazing how quickly the tone of this board tanked over the past several months (and we all know when it started). Hope it improves soon.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by cte430
People need to "speak" here as if the other person were standing right in front of them - people aren't that tough or ballsy then.
I couldnt agree more. I 100% would never say something on a website that I wouldnt say in person. Alot of you might think the same but when it comes down to it cte430 you hit the nail on the head
Old 01-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E

Can't agree more.... I have not been here for a very long time but out of all the boards/forums this one is by far the best. But recently I have seen the decline of why we are here... If these guys have questions, no matter if you think they are silly or not... help a brotha out.... don't make fun... we were all new at the MB game once....

Remember we are all hear to learn and help each other out!!! Not degrade b/c of lack of knowledge but to educate, trade stories, and have some laughs.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog
Can't agree more.... I have not been here for a very long time but out of all the boards/forums this one is by far the best. But recently I have seen the decline of why we are here... If these guys have questions, no matter if you think they are silly or not... help a brotha out.... don't make fun... we were all new at the MB game once....

Remember we are all hear to learn and help each other out!!! Not degrade b/c of lack of knowledge but to educate, trade stories, and have some laughs.
Shut the hell up, newb.

(Couldn't resist that one).

Now, with Vic's impending perma-ban things may well improve around here.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
I'm glad this topic came up! I'm a new member, fresh from Bimmerfest's 7er forum. My 7er was lemon law buybacked a few months back, and the e55 was the replacing vehicle. To make a long story short, I actually held myself back from posting many times due to fear or backlash for a newbie etc etc... I just didn't wanna deal with it, so I would search the freak out of the forum to find answers... Anyways, I hope this is a good turning point to be productive again... Seems like a good bunch of people here that are very knowledgable about the 211...

Anyone lurking on this board will come away with a very distorted impression of who we are.
I can say for one I felt this way too...

Originally Posted by bigben320e
"I don't like going to MBWorld because when I asked a question, I got insulted."
Never got insulted, but held from commenting/posting to avoid it...

Originally Posted by bigben320e
"MBWorld seems to be full of jerks"
With all due respect, I've felt this way regarding a few posts...

Originally Posted by bettbr
I'm more of a lurker and wanna be owner but sometimes this board makes you hesitate about participating in case you get flamed.
Could not agree more!

With that said, I look forward to an educational yet productive stay here at MBW...
Old 01-09-2009, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by kcdoyle
I suspect that most of the "original" owners of 90 thousand dollar cars are less inclined to modify and talk about it than the next one or two owners who stretch their Credit Union limits to purchase a great car for 1/3 of original cost. That and the (limited) anonymity that the internet provides is not often conducive to intelligent and productive talk. Homies....

Bingo. The largest % of people on this forum are primarily those buying heavily depreciated cars and modifying them. In fact, I bet AMG detuning the C63 might have been strategic to create more interest because the aftermarket could do so much more with it.

Although I am in the "original owner" group, I do have a blast with my car. I do change my own oil, I changed the LSD oil, I reset my own FSS, and of course I wash it.

Although Andy comes on strong and causes more grief than I would think is good for his business, I have also seen this forum take some nice guys, demoralize them, and run them out of town. He is still in business, they are not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF happened to our Forum?