W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF happened to our Forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
..... It just seemed to ME...being a newbe..... to me I really was not welcome that much unless I had an '55', or knew everything about a "55"! At least that the way it came across.
Hey guys

I would hate to think that the way we conduct ourselves on this forum leads guys like buckeye and others to think that they are not welcome...... (whether or not they have an E55/E63, Mercedes / AMG or in fact are even old enough to drive is completely immaterial)

Groups/clubs societies thrive when they have an inclusive welcoming approach. They quickly lose members when they have an arrogant exlusive mentality.

I generally dont have a lot to contribute, but when I do I do it for the benefit of the group as a whole. The most amazing thing to me is that it has taken so long for us to sound off on this disturbing trend that has taken over our beloved forum.

Lets keep the membership growing, lets create something of value that informs and entertains, and when it becomes a arrogant pissing contest, lets have the ***** to stand up and call it!
Old 01-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Problem is the longtimers in any forum always feel the need to try to "School" anyone that they feel is new or doesn't have the same opinion as them. Even when that opinion is wrong. A great example of this is Jangy.

As for the situation between him and JRCart, Well honestly Jangy has talked **** about jrcarts car, jangy has said his car is faster and that he will kick jrcarts *** at the strip, in the canyon's and on the track (I think that's pretty much verbatim but I'm not going to put it in quotes) He has even posted that he would put up a $10K bet. Yet when JRCart took him up on that Jangy backed down. Same thing with the Willow Springs track day bet that JRCart put up. $5K if Jangy could come within 2 seconds of his lap time. Jangy again talked ****, tried to change the rules of the bet and then from the sounds of it backed out... All talk, no walk.

If your going to be the forum blowhard and make this an uncomfortable place for the new guys, then you better be able to back your claims up. Otherwise it's just noise and keeps good information off the board.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Problem is the longtimers in any forum always feel the need to try to "School" anyone that they feel is new or doesn't have the same opinion as them. Even when that opinion is wrong. A great example of this is Jangy.

As for the situation between him and JRCart, Well honestly Jangy has talked **** about jrcarts car, jangy has said his car is faster and that he will kick jrcarts *** at the strip, in the canyon's and on the track (I think that's pretty much verbatim but I'm not going to put it in quotes) He has even posted that he would put up a $10K bet. Yet when JRCart took him up on that Jangy backed down. Same thing with the Willow Springs track day bet that JRCart put up. $5K if Jangy could come within 2 seconds of his lap time. Jangy again talked ****, tried to change the rules of the bet and then from the sounds of it backed out... All talk, no walk.

If your going to be the forum blowhard and make this an uncomfortable place for the new guys, then you better be able to back your claims up. Otherwise it's just noise and keeps good information off the board.
Hmmm, more than half of your posts are personal attacks on Jangy and here you go again starting up trouble in a thread talking about why this forum is having issues. Totally and utterly pointless.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Hmmm, more than half of your posts are personal attacks on Jangy and here you go again starting up trouble in a thread talking about why this forum is having issues. Totally and utterly pointless.
+1...I see no reason to start pointing fingers. We already know how you feel about Jangy.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
+2! and even with jangy being jangy, there was never this kind of problem in the past.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 562 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
The C63 happened, that's what.

Plus you can buy an E55 with food stamps now.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Turbo C6, S65,
Originally Posted by E55Pilot

Aren't you the guy that Jangy smoked at the track a couple of years ago?

Still hating huh?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by TTC6TTM
Aren't you the guy that Jangy smoked at the track a couple of years ago?

Still hating huh?
LOL, No I've never met him.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:21 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
+1K
Old 01-12-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head

Seriously? I need to get a stock on food stamps now! LOL.

All jokes aside, I think most of use feel the same way. The point about MB's being of lower price, and the C63 is not the issue. Those points are just fumes, the real source is just plain old fashioned respect, and good sense. Money does not buy that, nor does it buy class or taste.

I can step out and buy a CLS55 for 45K now, but that doesn't make me any less than someone that bought it for 75K.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I completely understand what you're talking about, Siswati. The E55 forums always had a "home" feel to it. We were all characters and brought life to this portion of cyberspace. I have met some really cool people as well. True car enthusiasts who are just as real online as they are in person.

I hope for the best, but like V12Godspeed and others have said, I mostly just read and observe.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:57 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Originally Posted by bigben320e
All jokes aside, I think most of use feel the same way. The point about MB's being of lower price, and the C63 is not the issue. Those points are just fumes, the real source is just plain old fashioned respect, and good sense. Money does not buy that, nor does it buy class or taste.
That bigben is called Hitting the Nail on the Head - I thank you for your clarity. This also has nothing to do with long time posters vs. newbies. It is purely about respect, decency, dignity.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
He doesn't realize who we are referring to here, but he feels it necessary to "school" us.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I feel I should point out the value of the report-a-post, which is exactly why I'm here right now reading this.

Although it seems there are moderators tumbling out of drawers here, there really are not as many as you think due to various situations. There are a lot of areas and thousands and thousands of posts each day across this entire forum. Maybe Vic is busy, maybe the rest of us are on benders again, or what have you. Traditionally, the higher end forum areas have not needed special handling because the members had a higher sense of that decorum mentioned in previous posts. Whenever that changes, the report-a-post will draw attention where it is needed.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

Actually I do not see how E55Pilots post was "starting trouble", as you put it. He simply gave his impression of the bickering between JRcart and Jangy. Your response referring to his post as "totally and utterly pointless" is the crux of the problem around here...Everyone is calling for more respect in what is posted around here....Well, I submit that your response to E55Pilot calling his post pointless, only perpetuates the problem. If you don't agree with him or what he has to say about the situation, then perhaps you should make a case to the contrary....simply calling his post pointless only sets the stage for another pissing match.
But, that really seems to be the problem around here. I agree 100% that both JRcart and Andy come across as know it all jerks. Sure, their delivery and the way they speak (write) more often than not is quite brash. But guess what, they speak with authority because of knowledge and experience. You may not like what they have to say, but they back it up with action, facts, dyno sheets, time slips, etc. Then you have the longtime forum blowhard Jangy come along and start questioning everything. Personally, I feel that Jangy has the reading comprehension skill of a third grader and couldn't intelligently convey his message if his life depended on it. Most of his responses never address the topic at hand and when called on the carpet, he back peddles, makes excuses, admits his own lack of knowledge then resorts to personal attacks. At least the others in question back up their statements with valid facts and make a sensible argument to prove their point(s). Jangy couldn't make a sensible argument if you had a gun to his head.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by RBrenton
I feel I should point out the value of the report-a-post, which is exactly why I'm here right now reading this.

Although it seems there are moderators tumbling out of drawers here, there really are not as many as you think due to various situations. There are a lot of areas and thousands and thousands of posts each day across this entire forum. Maybe Vic is busy, maybe the rest of us are on benders again, or what have you. Traditionally, the higher end forum areas have not needed special handling because the members had a higher sense of that decorum mentioned in previous posts. Whenever that changes, the report-a-post will draw attention where it is needed.
I looked for the button to report this post and seem to not be able to find it.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by LZH
Jangy couldn't make a sensible argument if you had a gun to his head.
Not to stir the pot, but I don't think many of us would do much better in this regard.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM

'12 ML350
For a clear illustration of what is wrong with our forum, check out the thread on the Jaguar XF-R

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ferrerid=25623

Out of the 75 posts, including the original, that are there as of this moment, it stopped being informational and started getting personal after approximately 20 posts...I check back in the hopes of finding new perspectives on the XF-R versus the AMG product, but all I've read so far are testosterone driven boyish vitriol...
Old 01-12-2009, 11:18 PM

2008 SLR
I recently joined this forum to learn about improving my car's performance. I am somewhat disappointed by the lack of class and maturity displayed by some of the members. I am not surprised however.

Some day their children might read their remarks. It doesn't seem to concern them. Ego and narcissism plow right through reason, intelligence, consideration. It would greatly concern me if my behavior was such that could invalidate me in the eyes of my own children or family. Remember, once an individual loses respect for another, it is never regained.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
I recently joined this forum to learn about improving my car's performance. I am somewhat disappointed by the lack of class and maturity displayed by some of the members. I am not surprised however.

Some day their children might read their remarks. It doesn't seem to concern them. Ego and narcissism plow right through reason, intelligence, consideration. It would greatly concern me if my behavior was such that could invalidate me in the eyes of my own children or family. Remember, once an individual loses respect for another, it is never regained.
Very well put...almost Heavenly.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by rkao
For a clear illustration of what is wrong with our forum, check out the thread on the Jaguar XF-R

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ferrerid=25623

Out of the 75 posts, including the original, that are there as of this moment, it stopped being informational and started getting personal after approximately 20 posts...I check back in the hopes of finding new perspectives on the XF-R versus the AMG product, but all I've read so far are testosterone driven boyish vitriol...
Come on now, I tried to keep the information FACTUAL....The guy wouldn't drop it so I added more hard/clear facts about the XF-R in question, what resulted was Ownage & a bit of levity

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head

I think Cylinder head is onto something LOL....

Last edited by Thericker; 01-12-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by Thericker
Come on now, I tried to keep the information FACTUAL....The guy wouldn't drop it so I added more hard/clear facts about the XF-R in question, what resulted was Ownage & a bit of levity

I think Cylinder head is onto something LOL....
No, you can buy a W210 for two copies of yesterday's newspaper, but we have none of that there. Just to name one example.

The C63 forum is the leader board of **** poor civility, followed increasingly closely here and the other late-model high-end forums.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Actually I do not see how E55Pilots post was "starting trouble", as you put it. He simply gave his impression of the bickering between JRcart and Jangy. Your response referring to his post as "totally and utterly pointless" is the crux of the problem around here...Everyone is calling for more respect in what is posted around here....Well, I submit that your response to E55Pilot calling his post pointless, only perpetuates the problem. If you don't agree with him or what he has to say about the situation, then perhaps you should make a case to the contrary....simply calling his post pointless only sets the stage for another pissing match.
But, that really seems to be the problem around here. I agree 100% that both JRcart and Andy come across as know it all jerks. Sure, their delivery and the way they speak (write) more often than not is quite brash. But guess what, they speak with authority because of knowledge and experience. You may not like what they have to say, but they back it up with action, facts, dyno sheets, time slips, etc. Then you have the longtime forum blowhard Jangy come along and start questioning everything. Personally, I feel that Jangy has the reading comprehension skill of a third grader and couldn't intelligently convey his message if his life depended on it. Most of his responses never address the topic at hand and when called on the carpet, he back peddles, makes excuses, admits his own lack of knowledge then resorts to personal attacks. At least the others in question back up their statements with valid facts and make a sensible argument to prove their point(s). Jangy couldn't make a sensible argument if you had a gun to his head.
Amen, and it's not just with JRCart that he's been like this. Case in point: his clearly fabricated story of pulling a C6 Z06 multiple times, in higher-speed rolling-start runs, even claiming that he'd given the guy the jump and then chased him down. Several of us questioned him on it, and he basically acted like a child, accusing us of being "Mercedes haters" and/or "Corvette worshippers", etc., anything but address the issue.

And to cap it off, in response to others' saying the same thing, he also made a bet to run a Z06 for money at MIR. The guys involved took pity on him and cancelled the bet, and guess what happened? Instead of being humble and/or gracious, he pulled the same routine: he had the nutz to accuse them of chickening out...so while JRCart can certainly get annoying, I was delighted to see someone hold jangy's feet to the fire and, once and for all, establish that a blowhard is exactly what he is. jangy brought it on himself, and very richly deserved it imo.

Oh, and his getting out-trapped by 10 mph by a Z06, even when the Z06 botched his launch and pulled something like a 2.5 second 60' time, was pretty satisfying too!

Anyway, stuff like that, posting all sorts of obvious BS and then attacking anyone who questions it, is more like what I'd expect to see on a tuned Civic forum than here. I'm already seeing an improvement in the signal to noise ratio, hope this continues.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-13-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by LZH
Well, I submit that your response to E55Pilot calling his post pointless, only perpetuates the problem. If you don't agree with him or what he has to say about the situation, then perhaps you should make a case to the contrary..
I did, but succinctness is part of my armory: Hmmm, more than half of your posts are personal attacks on Jangy and here you go again starting up trouble in a thread talking about why this forum is having issues

It seems half a dozen or so members thought this was on point, but I don;t think a poll is necessary.

I have no issue with E55pilot when he's posting on topic. Both Andy and JRCart I consider knowledgeable members and both have seemed thoroughly decent guys in my limited one on one dealings with them. As for Jangy, I don't know him from Adam.

Anyhow, this is not the place for personal vendettas especially with what looks to be shaping up to be a very bright 2009.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Banned

2004 E55
I did, but succinctness is part of my armory: Hmmm, more than half of your posts are personal attacks on Jangy and here you go again starting up trouble in a thread talking about why this forum is having issues

It seems half a dozen or so members thought this was on point, but I don;t think a poll is necessary.

I have no issue with E55pilot when he's posting on topic. Both Andy and JRCart I consider knowledgeable members and both have seemed thoroughly decent guys in my limited one on one dealings with them. As for Jangy, I don't know him from Adam.
I went back and read every page of this forum since it's inception, and I found out something. Jangy talks crap. when people have a different opinion from his he goes off on them, When they try to correct him (Brake Plates?) he goes off on a tangent on how they are a newb don't know anything about these cars and their car is a POS... Yet he will NEVER back up what he says. (Race's with jrcart anyone?)

But I digress, you already said that my post was pointless so thanks for proving my point and they point that has been repeated here over and over...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF happened to our Forum?