Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
Originally Posted by Busta Riles
Ford owns Jaguar

Mercedes-Benz owned Chrysler for 10 seconds and does not use any of their "technology" in their vehicles.

Your logic makes no sense.

There are ZERO Chrysler parts on an E55. How many Ford parts are on a Jag?
Ford Doesn't own Jag anymore - Tata does.
Ford is responsible for the Jag XF - a fine car with modern styling and an interior that leaves MB for dead.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 - obsidian black, all options except pano roof - gone but not forgotten
Originally Posted by Busta Riles
Ford owns Jaguar

Mercedes-Benz owned Chrysler for 10 seconds and does not use any of their "technology" in their vehicles.

Your logic makes no sense.

There are ZERO Chrysler parts on an E55. How many Ford parts are on a Jag?
Actually I believe that that Chrysler and MB have been together since 1998 or 2000 )...approix. the same time that Ford bought Jaguar...And while Ford significantly improved Jag's quality ( that's a well known fact per consumer reviews, C+D, JD power etc..), I am not sure the same can be said about Benz...The R class Benz and Chrysler Pacifica share many parts...Chrysler contributed to MB their AWD technology...That little Chrysler Crossfire ( or splitfire, whatever it was called ) was basically a re-badged Benz, including motor and tranny...I also believe ( and I may be wrong about this one ) that the E-class shares it's platform and some underpinnings with the Chrysler 300...Anyway, to each his own...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM

2006 E55 - obsidian black, all options except pano roof - gone but not forgotten
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
Should have bought a CTS V Cadi

Good LUCK with the Jag
I actually almost did...I loved the way it drove and loved the interior...But the outside is somehting that you either love or hate....hence I didn't buy it...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Max.H
should have got the S class. i like the new jag, but the xjr looks like something my grand papy would have drove. just my 2 cents.
Haha...that's funny..that's how the S-class looks to me...
Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
wow people are harsh here!

I absolutely LOVE the new XJR. Such a beautiful car. If it was as quick as the E55, I would already own it. It reminds me of an aston martin from the back. It needs a 500HP engine and when it gets it (rumours out there that it will) - I will be the first on in line. It is sexxyyyyy. But could not downgrade to a slower car after driving such a beast. Also, jag has improved quality quite a bit from what i have read on boards etc. The newer jags are apparently a lot better than the older ones.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OzE55
Ford Doesn't own Jag anymore - Tata does.
Ford is responsible for the Jag XF - a fine car with modern styling and an interior that leaves MB for dead.
Can't believe it took that long for someone to point it out.

He got owned
Old 01-26-2009, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by sticky2
Can't believe it took that long for someone to point it out.

He got owned
So when are you trading in your M3 for 1?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 PM

something that can use more power
this tread is retarded!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rusbel
..sort of...The lease on my '06 E55 is up...The new E-class is not up to my taste...the bimmers aren't either...picked up an '08 XJR and love it! Roaming around jag forums now to see what can be done in terms of increasing performance...
Congrats on your XJR, awesome car, and much lighter than the rest in its class with its aluminum frame which is far more advanced that most of the competition.

Anyway, the 4.2 liter supercharged V8 has some headroom but not too much.

I recommend porting the supercharger and swapping the upper pulley out: http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/index...4df20eefc2d2dd

You can't change the lower pulley on the 4.2 models I believe, but I haven't looked into XJR's in a while.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thericker
So when are you trading in your M3 for 1?
If I do or I don't, it won't change the fact that Ford doesn't own them.

Once they put that new 5.0 liter supercharged direct injection V8 in the next XJR, I'll give it a close look.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
If I do or I don't, it won't change the fact that Ford doesn't own them.

Once they put that new 5.0 liter supercharged direct injection V8 in the next XJR, I'll give it a close look.
I never contested that point.. Just remembered how much you loved the new Jag from the other thread is all....
Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 AM

Congrats on your XJR, awesome car, and much lighter than the rest in its class with its aluminum frame which is far more advanced that most of the competition.

Anyway, the 4.2 liter supercharged V8 has some headroom but not too much.

I recommend porting the supercharger and swapping the upper pulley out: http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/index...4df20eefc2d2dd

You can't change the lower pulley on the 4.2 models I believe, but I haven't looked into XJR's in a while.
Thanks man...will definitely check it out!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by rusbel
Actually I believe that that Chrysler and MB have been together since 1998 or 2000 )...approix. the same time that Ford bought Jaguar...And while Ford significantly improved Jag's quality ( that's a well known fact per consumer reviews, C+D, JD power etc..), I am not sure the same can be said about Benz...The R class Benz and Chrysler Pacifica share many parts...Chrysler contributed to MB their AWD technology...That little Chrysler Crossfire ( or splitfire, whatever it was called ) was basically a re-badged Benz, including motor and tranny...I also believe ( and I may be wrong about this one ) that the E-class shares it's platform and some underpinnings with the Chrysler 300...Anyway, to each his own...
Still haven't seen where you point out the W211 E55 shares parts with Chrysler . The platform was from the previous model E-Class, the W210. And Chrysler took the platform, Mercedes didn't borrow it.

The Crossfire, may be a re-badged Merc but again, it's not vice-versa.

And who the heck said it puts the new MB interior to shame...? Have you personally been in the new S-Class, or CL? Or the new SL?

I feel Mercedes has improved in those fields over the old models. Exterior is debatable and opinion orientated so I'm not even going to begin...